Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Why is mayhem the underdog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

fawker posted:

Don't bet on MMA.

This could be hilarious, or hilarious

Hail mary bets own and you made some good picks. You have a legit shot imo.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

MrSmokes posted:

Hail mary bets own and you made some good picks. You have a legit shot imo.

that slip will be voided by the end of tomorrow night

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
Miller at +160? Gotta bite on that one.

fawker
Feb 1, 2008

ARMBAR!

fawker posted:

Don't bet on MMA.

This could be hilarious, or hilarious

well, this was fun for like 15 minutes...

not even if sober
Jun 20, 2006

I ain't no bitch.
you bet on Joey Beltran

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
more importantly you bet on a chinese man

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

HATE MONDAYS posted:

that slip will be voided by the end of tomorrow night

I wanted to believe :(

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Massenzio ruined my parlay tonight, but the fight ruled so I didn't mind much. 20 bucks on Lauzon at +250 more than covered for that, can always count on Melvin to derail his own hype train whenever he gets a good streak going.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Thermos H Christ posted:

more importantly you bet on a chinese man

Chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Don't bet on MMA, just bet on Frankie Edgar.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

MassRayPer posted:

Don't bet on MMA, just bet on Frankie Edgar.

this is the answer

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

8 for 9.

Man, if this thing holds up reasonably well through the end of the year, I might put down actual money on some of these fights.

Edit: Well, poo poo, nevermind I guess.
\/\/\/\/\/

Remora fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Oct 9, 2011

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Remora posted:

8 for 9.

Man, if this thing holds up reasonably well through the end of the year, I might put down actual money on some of these fights.

you don't think that's how every MMA bettor got started? Sure, we can all pick them well when money isn't on the line. then you start betting heavy on melvin guillard because he's a young guy without a drug problem, good family man, finishes fights, benches 315 pounds cold, and even has that look in his eyes.

you don't know

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Bubba Smith posted:

you don't think that's how every MMA bettor got started? Sure, we can all pick them well when money isn't on the line. then you start betting heavy on melvin guillard because he's a young guy without a drug problem, good family man, finishes fights, benches 315 pounds cold, and even has that look in his eyes.

you don't know

He got popped for cocaine usage after the Joe Daddy fight.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Moose Bigelow posted:

He got popped for cocaine usage after the Joe Daddy fight.

I mean now. he's matured and doesn't get in trouble anymore.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Gomi has let me down twice now, can't believe how easily diaz went through him.

Money on Maynard, Aldo, Sonnen and Guillard might be the ticket for this weekend.

gently caress guillard's dumb poo poo

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy

BlindSite posted:

gently caress guillard's dumb poo poo

:a map of jersey with a big hat on, making a face at your betting slip:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
-130 on BJ Penn seems like the deal of the century.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Believe it or not, he was the underdog when the line opened.

your heart
Oct 24, 2010

beating right next to me
Palaszewski is at 3 to 1 odds to win against Griffin, which seems like pretty good odds to me. Tyson has been looking pretty average for some time now. Might have to put some cash on Palaszewski to win.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

attackmole posted:

Well, drat.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Omgkittens posted:

Palaszewski is at 3 to 1 odds to win against Griffin, which seems like pretty good odds to me. Tyson has been looking pretty average for some time now. Might have to put some cash on Palaszewski to win.

palaszweski has good punching and great, really phenomenal power, and tyson griffin is the absolute stereotype of wrestleboxer stupidity, but realistically much worse guys have used their grappling to beat bart, and he probably will too. barts always got a real punchers chance unlike most times when people say a guy has a punchers chance, but you probably shouldnt spend your money this way

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

attackmole posted:

I wish there was a way to track betting trends by region.

not even if sober
Jun 20, 2006

I ain't no bitch.
i have a semi large bet on Tyson Griffin at -245 and a smaller bet on BJ at -111

tzorilla
Jul 23, 2007
I have a Palaszewski-Siver-Roop-Nelson-Mitrione-BJ-parlay+all of them with triples.

Also Titanbet gives same odds for BJ and Diaz (1.9 or -111)

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Bet a lot of money on hioki for tomorrow, there is a great amount of BUDO to be gained by sacrificing money in honor of true japanese martial artists.

Devoz
Nov 18, 2006
Decided that BJ Penn was too good a bet to resist, is there a support group for people who bet on BJ Penn?

Law Talking Guy
Jul 28, 2003
I AM A LIAR
I've got money on Penn and Hioki. The odds on Penn were way too good to pass on.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Bundt Cake posted:

you probably shouldnt spend your money this way

this should be an auto sig line in every post in the betting thread.

not even if sober
Jun 20, 2006

I ain't no bitch.

Korbal posted:

i have a semi large bet on Tyson Griffin at -245 and a smaller bet on BJ at -111

well there go most of my winnings. I really regretted my bet last night at the weigh ins.. don't bet on mma folks

e: I didn't expect Bart to be able to rock Tyson enough before being taken down or to be able to submit Tyson. Didn't see him as having the power needed to ko/tko Tyson. Guess I was wrong. Also Bart was coming off a layoff/injury and it was his first cut to 145. gently caress.

not even if sober fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Oct 30, 2011

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Korbal posted:

well there go most of my winnings. I really regretted my bet last night at the weigh ins.. don't bet on mma folks

e: I didn't expect Bart to be able to rock Tyson enough before being taken down or to be able to submit Tyson. Didn't see him as having the power needed to ko/tko Tyson. Guess I was wrong. Also Bart was coming off a layoff/injury and it was his first cut to 145. gently caress.

you bet a semi large amount of money on a guy who just lost to gomi. let this be a lesson to you. go and sin no more.

not even if sober
Jun 20, 2006

I ain't no bitch.

Tickle Me Chelmno posted:

you bet a semi large amount of money on a guy who just lost to gomi. let this be a lesson to you. go and sin no more.

yeah, that probably signals the end of MMA betting for me. there really are way easier ways to make money out there. There are just too many variables in MMA leading to way too much research for the gains. Harder than I expected. Kinda like poker in the sense that I can do it profitably, but the effort needed far exceeds what I am willing to put in for the gains I am able to achieve, especially when I compare it to what I can make doing legitimate work.

I guess what I am trying to say is, Don't Bet On MMA (at least if you are some pipe-dreamer thinking you can make real money)

e: i find betting actually took away from my enjoyment as well by making me hope someone won instead of just enjoying the fight.

not even if sober fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Oct 30, 2011

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

I have a hundo on baby jay.

Malachamavet
Jan 12, 2009

Above the gigantic mouth is an eye as big as a shield that stares at you with pure hate

ForbiddenWonder posted:

I have a hundo on baby jay.

welp

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

anyone want to buy my cat

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Took the hundred I originally had on Diaz vs GSP and put it on Diaz over Penn at +150, which more than covers what ill be putting on him when he beats the poo poo out of GSP eventually

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I am only betting on Frankie Edgar from now on.

world b lee
Feb 1, 2006
Is it a frog? Is it a toad?
No one's betting on this crap UK card huh? I think Pickett has good value as the slight underdog against Barao, who isn't gonna be able to wrestle The Only Good British Wrestler. The hype is the only reason Barao is favored here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

world b lee posted:

No one's betting on this crap UK card huh? I think Pickett has good value as the slight underdog against Barao, who isn't gonna be able to wrestle The Only Good British Wrestler. The hype is the only reason Barao is favored here.

I'd take that and maybe depending on the odds a bet on Leben because of Munoz's uncanny ability to get dropped by nearly everybody he fights. That said, I do not bet on MMA.