Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

The Merkinman posted:

Am i the only one bothered by the Vonage commercial with the barista(?). Now talk on your phone and spin instead of doing your job even though it's visibly pissing off your customers!

Also the consumerist is doing voting for the worst commercial
http://consumerist.com/2011/10/vote-here-for-the-worst-ad-in-america-awards.html

Oh, man. I'm torn between "Men Barley Tolerating their Wives and Girlfriends" and "Old Spice Copycats" for Trends that Nedd to Stop Being Trends. Decisions, decisions.

e: Oh, after looking at their examples, it's not what I thought it was. I thought they were talking about things like the Chase Freedom or the AT&T Unlimited Plan ones. Old Spice Copycats it is.

And yeah, the spider one is easily more annoying, even if "Poop there it is" is creepy.

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Oct 6, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Merkinman posted:

Am i the only one bothered by the Vonage commercial with the barista(?). Now talk on your phone and spin instead of doing your job even though it's visibly pissing off your customers!

That applause is for me!

Deus Rex
Mar 5, 2005

Che Delilas posted:

"Big. Big. Big." For far too long, of course. They could make their point in half a dozen, not loving 30 of them.

Then "unbig. uncar." They left out "unsafe" and "uncrumplezone." Cars like that are death traps on a road full of pickups and SUVs, no matter how environmentally friendly they might be.

we don't need no stinking crumple zone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3bFhVvdlaI

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

DJExile posted:

Isn't she the same one in those Esurance ads?

Yes. She's also in some commercial for dog treats. There is no escaping Suzi Barrett.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

NaturalLow posted:

Yes. She's also in some commercial for dog treats. There is no escaping Suzi Barrett.

I find her adroable, honestly. I find the Metamucil commerical a bit annoying, but not necessarily because of her.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

She's taking over the land once occupied by Aaron Takahashi :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V493s5aPcsk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJwshQJ39Og - I will never stop loving this one.

He's been in a shitload of others.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Deus Rex posted:

we don't need no stinking crumple zone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3bFhVvdlaI

Why even bother with an airbag when the lower half of your body is pancake?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

It seems like that "I just came to say hello" song is the new "BABY UR A FIIIIIREWERRRK" for lovely commercials for lovely things. I never thought I'd find myself yearning for the good ol' days of Katy Perry songs.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Also, I don't know if you guys consider the Jameson commercials to be a "Most Interesting Man" knockoff, but I loving love this commercial.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

raditts posted:

Also, I don't know if you guys consider the Jameson commercials to be a "Most Interesting Man" knockoff, but I loving love this commercial.

Yeah, it's much better than the last one in the series.

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'
The Bob Evans boy is some terrible creepy kind of cute, like chuckie or something.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Hahaha, Shannen Doherty, what the gently caress, are you really so low you're reduced to hocking Education Connection? Jesus christ.

Equally what the gently caress, but for a different reason, they actually made a commercial featuring Randall and the crazy nastyass honey badger. What is going on, television.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I know they've been around for years now every since Apple started them with their commercials, but hearing commercials with quirky female singers is almost like nails on a chalkboard to me at this point. Why won't they die off. :(

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

This is still one of the worst commercials ever:
http://youtu.be/xMeeP-5NN2g

A lovely commercial, if you will

:colbert:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Sanschel posted:

Equally what the gently caress, but for a different reason, they actually made a commercial featuring Randall and the crazy nastyass honey badger. What is going on, television.

Isn't it for pistachios? Whoever is pitching pistachios on the TV has been doing really weird commercials for a few years now.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Sash! posted:

Isn't it for pistachios? Whoever is pitching pistachios on the TV has been doing really weird commercials for a few years now.

Yeah, it's the same company that has ads with Ochocinco, Snooki, Keyboard Cat, that kind of stuff.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life
I have decided that my second least favorite thing in commercials, behind hearing people eat, is hearing people type. Do they really think if they don't include the sound of someone mashing on the loudest keyboard in the world that I won't understand that someone is typing? This is especially stupid when they use it for touchpad products like the iPad, it doesn't even HAVE a keyboard!

aquatic sideshow
Nov 21, 2005

by I Ozma Myself
WENDY'S STOP MAKING AND AIRING COMMERCIALS!!! They all suck so much!

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

aquatic sideshow posted:

And they'll keep sucking until necromancy is perfected and Zombie Dave Thomas takes the reins again.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ahahahahahaha the USPS is running ads trying to tell businesses to send out paper invoices and statements with reasoning like "a computer virus never attacks paper on a corkboard".

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

DJExile posted:

ahahahahahaha the USPS is running ads trying to tell businesses to send out paper invoices and statements with reasoning like "a computer virus never attacks paper on a corkboard".

I saw that, it's like they brought a FW FW FW from your grandmother to life.

How about instead they run an ad campaign telling everyone what a piece of poo poo Darrell Issa is for blocking HR 1351.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Really tired of seeing any ad for the Oprah Network. I don't care about her or loving Rosie O'Donnell, so why do I get awful ads about their new shows when I'm not even watching that poo poo network?

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Rirse posted:

Really tired of seeing any ad for the Oprah Network. I don't care about her or loving Rosie O'Donnell, so why do I get awful ads about their new shows when I'm not even watching that poo poo network?

O.W.N.

Oprah Winfrey Nation

Industrial
May 31, 2001

aquatic sideshow posted:

You mean an anorexic guy who doesn't comb his hair doesn't make you want Wendy's?

aquatic sideshow
Nov 21, 2005

by I Ozma Myself

Industrial posted:

You mean an anorexic guy who doesn't comb his hair doesn't make you want Wendy's?

Literally nothing in the entire universe would make me want Wendy's after the poo poo they've been putting on TV. McDonald's is better anyway.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

If you only take one lesson from this thread, let it be to not eat any fast food ever.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

HOoooooly poo poo that prius ad is disturbing as gently caress. I had never seen it before and some goons earlier were talking about it but I didn't think it would be that creepy but Jesus is that thing horrifying.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

TontoCorazon posted:

HOoooooly poo poo that prius ad is disturbing as gently caress. I had never seen it before and some goons earlier were talking about it but I didn't think it would be that creepy but Jesus is that thing horrifying.

Is that the one with the guy made out of people? I saw that for the first time today. I was too stunned to even catch what it was selling.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Sanschel posted:

Is that the one with the guy made out of people? I saw that for the first time today. I was too stunned to even catch what it was selling.

I don't understand why they chose to make it a mongoloid person that cannot close it's mouth and looks like it's drooling all the time.

aquatic sideshow
Nov 21, 2005

by I Ozma Myself

Industrial posted:

I don't understand why they chose to make it a mongoloid person that cannot close it's mouth and looks like it's drooling all the time.

Marketers have such contempt for their audience, that is what they imagine we look like. Literal mouthbreathers.

Mr. Tetsuo
Jun 6, 2011

And just once, before I die, I'd like to be Supreme Overlord of Earth. So rebel, my little ones, and conquer the planet!
Progressive ads is hideous. I wouldn't buy their insurance even if it was the cheapest on the market.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

TontoCorazon posted:

It got a lot worse for me when I realized the thing's nose is someone's butt. Who agreed to be a butt-nose for tv?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Who wouldn't?

And the thing about Wendy's is that their solidified beef slurry is SQUARE! It's not round! At all!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Mozi posted:

And the thing about Wendy's is that their solidified beef slurry is SQUARE! It's not round! At all!

... Okay? :raise: What's the issue here?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I don't think there is one. I was trying to convey enthusiasm.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Sanschel posted:

I bitched about this a long time ago. I pretty much sat there making a face somewhere between :gonk: and :aaa:. I felt like I needed a shower after that loving thing, it was that disturbing.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Is this the one you guys are talking about? Seems pretty innocuous to me.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Sanschel posted:

Hahaha, Shannen Doherty, what the gently caress, are you really so low you're reduced to hocking Education Connection? Jesus christ.

Yeah, what the gently caress is that. I assume it's some dumb internet poo poo I've never heard of, seeing as that stupid loving pistachio company has resorted to using Angry Birds and the fat Kardashian in their commercials now.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Wow nissan, it doesn't get much more pretentious than that "what if everything ran on gas?" ad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Doc Hawkins posted:

Is this the one you guys are talking about? Seems pretty innocuous to me.

Yep. I don't know why, it was just one of those things that caused a visceral reaction of disgust in me. If it doesn't give you the screaming heebie-jeebies then good for you, you don't have to run screaming from the television or give yourself a torn groin muscle leaping for the remote to change the channel every time it comes on.