Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

RentCavalier posted:

gently caress you Snuggly, what the hell?

I have wasted 3 cracked red eye stones (and now only have one left) trying to trade for a curse-curing stone. I drop the item on the bridge, quit and reload, and nothing! No matter where I drop the item, I get no acknowledgement and I get no new item. WHYYYYY? It's such a pain to get back here...I'm gonna cry...

You are dropping them at the wrong nest.

Snuggly's nest is off to the side in that area. She'll start talking to you once you get close. Stand in the nest and drop the item.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
This game owns, it's as intense as the first one and more varied. I really like how vertical some of the areas are. It's funny how it's made up of such simple components but everything becomes interesting because you have to engage with it on its own terms.

Like the gargoyle fight for example, that felt sort of unfair but it reminded me in a good way of certain parts in Demons Souls-- Maneater obviously but the island with the giant in 5-2 in particular-- in how just being good at fighting was not enough, you have to lock down your strategy & your gear or you will simply get boxed out and die of attrition.

This game is also loving GROSS it's pretty cool. I got the gaping dragon down to 10% of its life and it suddenly starts clenching and shaking and i'm running away thinking "oh poo poo is this some new super attack it has" and it spews extremely realistic vomit all over the floor oh my god

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Smelly posted:

4 Guys invaded me in the woods so far, two at a time. I've killed them all. :smug:

They're scared to attack someone wearing Havel's armor
Edit: 6

Okay, so I killed a grand total of 7 before I got bored and jumped off a cliff, people REALLY suck at PVP.

LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

CEO OF FUNHAVER ENTERPRISES
Ask me about making YOUR thread suck less!
So I just upgraded my battle ax to a raw battle ax. Is that something I should have avoided, or is that a good thing to have done. Also god bless that maneater mildred bot as she tanked the hell out of the giant flaming spider for me.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Stele007 posted:

The orange summon sign indicates a member of the warriors of sunlight covenant. There's no differentiation between player and NPC summons (except, of course, players usually have stupid names).

Ah, Ok, that makes sense.

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho

The Wise Teen posted:

You have to actually put it in the nest, not on the bridge.

Alright....where can I get more Red Eye stones?

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

I really wish the multiplayer wasn't so broken. Out of ~150 attempted invasions in various areas and at various soul levels I've had 0 successes. I've also never taken off the covenant ring that lets me get summoned to Anor Londo to invade people.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

RentCavalier posted:

I have wasted 3 cracked red eye stones (and now only have one left) trying to trade for a curse-curing stone. I drop the item on the bridge, quit and reload, and nothing! No matter where I drop the item, I get no acknowledgement and I get no new item. WHYYYYY? It's such a pain to get back here...I'm gonna cry...

Drop the item inside his nest.

e: Wow this thread moves fast. Beaten by a mile.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
I just picked up the shadow garb on my way down to Blight Town and now I have no idea where to proceed. There's a ladder up that leads to a proud knight's soul, but no way else to head down. The only message on the floor reads "dead end?" so I'm not the only one confused.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I finally got summoned to the gaping Dragon. It takes awhile because the host only summoned me and isn't being that aggressive. He also didn't kill that caster who will snipe at you for the whole fight but that wasn't a big deal.

Then when the boss is at less then 10% health he hits me with an attack I've never seen before. He grabs me, drops me into his maw and chews me to death :suicide:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Smelly posted:

Okay, so I killed a grand total of 7 before I got bored and jumped off a cliff, people REALLY suck at PVP.

Those guys probably aren't players, those are part of the forest covenant, it tells you if you're being invaded.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

So I'm guessing those Black Knights don't respawn. That's a shame, I was hoping to grab one of those swords. I was looking at the Covenants you can join, and I guess I'm going to leave the White Path or whatever it's called.

This Stone Armor people are talking about, is it in the Garden or Basin, and whereabouts?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I wish black knights respawned. As a heavy armor knight they are fun and intense to fight because I have to tank them and I want their loving gear but all I've ever got is titanite.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Mr E posted:

Those guys probably aren't players, those are part of the forest covenant, it tells you if you're being invaded.

Yes, and each one was purple, they invaded two at a time. These guys are just THAT bad.

A word of warning, don't try to farm in there if you're human, I forgot I was in human form and I had to throw myself off just to stop the invasions.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Scoobi posted:

I wish black knights respawned. As a heavy armor knight they are fun and intense to fight because I have to tank them and I want their loving gear but all I've ever got is titanite.

It was so sick at Eurogamer one of the options you could play as was Dark Knight with full armour, shield, sword and halberd.

Reacean
Nov 29, 2004

I hate asking this again because I know it was answered, but search is failing me. How do I get the item on the cliff in Darkroot, just to the left if going to the hidden bonfire from the Undead Parish? I thought it would be obvious once I got to the Moonlit Butterfly and killed it, but I'm up on the bridge now and don't see any way to get down to where that item is.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
So ended up getting the Drake sword by shotting that fucker from under the bridge. I know to some of you that's weapon is cheating but I feel like it's giving me just enough of an edge to get out of some sticky situations.

Question about parrying. I can't seem to get the timing down right. I can get into a groove and parry like three guys in a row no prob, but then I'll get a fourth and all of a sudden it doesn't matter when I bit the button, I'm getting shanked. What would you guys say is the best thing to look for when going for the parry.

I know I need to get that poo poo down better because as it stands now, tougher enemies like the black knights or the caped zombies just laugh when I try to parry.

Unrelated, would anyone be interested in helping me with some Gargoyles in a few hours? I'm SL 16 or 17 now and should be back on around like 11 if all goes well. Screen name is in the sig.

Buy the ticket, take the ride.
Steam Profile: DungeonsandDragQueens

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Scoobi posted:

If I remember correctly, they do at a later point in the game.

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

Is the 10% of level restriction between players only for invasions or for coop summons as well?

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
I just joined the Forest Hunters Covenant, gonna invade some people with the weapon you get from the Gravelord Covenant Gravelord Sword that has 300 in the poison stat :D

Hahaha, as soon as I said that I invaded someone and ripped them up in a heartbeat, god I love this game.

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...

DeathSandwich posted:

gently caress blight town toxin is such a bullshit condition and I need to go back to duskroot to farm more blooming purple moss up. I've tried coming into blighttown from both directions, valley of drakes and from the depths. The former leading to me being toxined and killed before I could get terribly far in. The latter being an excruciatingly long trek through narrow pathways to get knocked off near the bottom by one of those mutant firefuckers into a poisoned swamp with toxic darts.

Edit: Also the framerate sucks there.

If you think blight town is bad wait till you get to the tomb of the titans. It's jam packed with gorilla skeletons that will combo through your shield and rapes you. If that ain't bad they can also push you off the edge easily and let's not forget the fact that you are in a pitch black room. I have been trapped in this poo poo hole for almost 3 hours now :negative:

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
Anybody online that feels like trying to help me kill gaping dragon? I'm on xbox, SL 21. I'll be at the entrance to the boss room in the depths in like five minutes.

surrender903
Dec 22, 2006
U2 Fan
Pillbug
im sl 13 on ps3 looking to get by the gargoyle if anyone is up for it :)

Jetpack Postman
Jun 30, 2011

Reacean posted:

I hate asking this again because I know it was answered, but search is failing me. How do I get the item on the cliff in Darkroot, just to the left if going to the hidden bonfire from the Undead Parish? I thought it would be obvious once I got to the Moonlit Butterfly and killed it, but I'm up on the bridge now and don't see any way to get down to where that item is.

It's not as easy to get to as it looks. When you're at the entrance to the wide open area with the stone golems, go right and there should be a tree. Attack it until it disappears and go through the path until you reach another tree and destroy that to open up a new area. There are some new enemies and stone knight, so kill them and enter the only cave going up. Kill the stone knight in there (or run past it) and finish going through the cave. You'll be at the corpse and you can hop off the ledge back to the area near the bonfire.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Okay, no, seriously, how the gently caress am I supposed to kill this loving bridge dragon? Every time I try to use the instakill trick, he disappears, and when I said gently caress it and just went off to farm stuff closer to the blacksmith, I lost 13k souls. This fucker needs to die right now.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Smelly posted:

I just joined the Forest Hunters Covenant, gonna invade some people with the weapon you get from the Gravelord Covenant Gravelord Sword that has 300 in the poison stat :D

Hahaha, as soon as I said that I invaded someone and ripped them up in a heartbeat, god I love this game.

How do you like the sword in general? Like how often does the effect work?

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

S-Alpha posted:

Okay, no, seriously, how the gently caress am I supposed to kill this loving bridge dragon? Every time I try to use the instakill trick, he disappears, and when I said gently caress it and just went off to farm stuff closer to the blacksmith, I lost 13k souls. This fucker needs to die right now.

The only way that he showed up in the tower for me, is when I started off at the campfire next to the Blacksmith.

J posted:

How do you like the sword in general? Like how often does the effect work?

The effect seems to hit players faster than regular mobs, but, this was my main sword until I upgraded my longsword to Lightning Longsword +3

It may just be that it works good for my tank build though, I'm wearing Havel's armor and just basically an unstoppable killing machine.

Edit: someone just used it against me, I can confirm that this thing hurts, and hits you with Toxic, not poison.

Draven fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Oct 9, 2011

Gazmachine
May 22, 2005

Happy Happy Breakdance Challenge 4
Alright, all you babies whining about the game being unfair and how you have to co-op to win, pick up your game. I just parry/riposted my way through a very large section of the catacombs with a goddamn dagger (which I also used to kill the big club wielding demon knight at the entrance to Darkroot Basin). I also defeated both gargoyleswith a spear, no status effects or firebombs.

This game is about refining your skill until you're as slick as you can be. Get to it!

It's probably not a good thing that I've spent more time looking at Dark Souls than I have looking at actual, existing things around me today. I should probably go to bed.

Quick question, UK folk, I'm getting no online presence, nobody's summoning me and invasions are just failing all the time. I tried to summon someone and it failed. Anyone else not having much online interaction?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

This might be a dumb question but do the skeleton captain guys who drop the baldur set ever drop a leg slot piece for that set? I've killed about 50 million of the fuckers and got all the other pieces and I want to play undead dressup.

Also, when the hell is the strategy guide coming out? I've got it preordered on play.com but it still says "preorder: release date 7th october" which has been and gone.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I killed the bridge dragon in melee :black101:

It was difficult and required running back down the stairs a lot.

FirstPersonShitter posted:

This might be a dumb question but do the skeleton captain guys who drop the baldur set ever drop a leg slot piece for that set? I've killed about 50 million of the fuckers and got all the other pieces and I want to play undead dressup.

Also, when the hell is the strategy guide coming out? I've got it preordered on play.com but it still says "preorder: release date 7th october" which has been and gone.

Yep, although I've never seen them drop the helm. You can also get the set by Buying it from the Sen's Fortress merchant

Stele007
Aug 12, 2007

RentCavalier posted:

Unfortunately she has no notification if you dropped a good item, but you can drop a bad one (probably any weapon would do) and if it's in the right spot she'll tell you she doesn't want the item. Drop it in the small nest to the right on the bridge

The Moon Monster posted:

Yep, although I've never seen them drop the helm. You can also get the set by Buying it from the Sen's Fortress merchant

It's just chance. The helm was the first thing I got from them.

Edit: Also just killed Lord Neto with the help of some decked out player I summoned. Darkmoon covenant here I come!

Stele007 fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Oct 9, 2011

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Game finally got here! Yesss.
Having a hangup on the 360 controller, though. The D-Pad sucks. The only time I've died so far is because it triggered to switch my shield instead of item.

Started as a Thief for Master Key + Pendant, and my generally Parry/Riposte-heavy playstyle. My advice, if anyone does this too, is get the Dragon Crest Shield and Estoc immediately - they're amazingly good and available to you from the very start! I also got the Firekeeper's Soul in New Londo Ruins before even going up to the Undead Burg at all, was healing almost my entire health bar all in one go.

Also I killed the first black knight on my first try the first time I saw him. Learn to parry, all you scrubs who died to him. :smug:

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

The Moon Monster posted:

I killed the bridge dragon in melee :black101:

It was difficult and required running back down the stairs a lot.

I have a Baldur helm, I just don't have any gloves for them.

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
I made my dude look too much like me & now i am periodically taking off my thief mask to see my own rotten ghost face.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Smelly posted:

I have a Baldur helm, I just don't have any gloves for them.

I have 4 sets of gloves, 3 helms and 3 chest pieces but not one single set of leg armour. I guess I need to get some humanity to help the drop rate.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
Where should I head after Anor Londo?

I'm already bored of the Forest Covenant. :(

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Did they fix the 'one shot dragon from the tower' thing?

I've been up there 3 times and he disappears when I get to the tower

Kaelan Zero
Nov 30, 2004

smut
I've spent around 2 hours trying to kill the dragon. I've tried spawning at every accessible campfire and taking every possible route up to that tower and he is never visible when I get there. I know the dragon is alive and spawned, though, because I can spawn him and watch him fry the skeletons, and I can even hear him roaring and see his shadow if I walk down towards the bonfire, but he's never visible when I get to the top of the tower. Really frustrating. :(

How do you kill him in melee? Do you have to bait him down to the bridge and then hit him before he breathes fire?

Buckwild Dorf
Apr 5, 2011

by XyloJW
So I guess nobody is in the sewers because my gravelord douchebaggery granted me nothing. Guess I'm going to go be a prick at The Fortress.

I should probably get a bro with me so we can just knock invaders off the ledge while they get stormed by my invaders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
Woah, my game just hardlocked on me. :( first time I've had that happen since release.

• Locked thread