Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe
+1 to everyone except Bub Snikt and +2 to Viconia. Grab any new tank character we come upon and replace Bub Snikt.

I've never seen Viconia's BG1 conversations.

This thread is a nice complement for me finally undertaking my long time goal of playing through all three games. It's my Fall project. I'm currently at Chapter 6 in BG1 and working my way around Durlag's Tower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
+1 for Gavin, -4 for Shar-teel

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

-4 to Shar-teel +1 to Viconia

Bitch is crazy. Plus, I get the feeling evil drow nookie is better than crazy rear end bitch nookie.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Conot posted:

-4 to Shar-teel +1 to Viconia

Bitch is crazy. Plus, I get the feeling evil drow nookie is better than crazy rear end bitch nookie.

But we don't get any evil drow nookie until BG2, which could be a while since we've not even got to the Nashkel Mines yet. Get the crazy rear end bitch nookie while we still can.

+5 Shar-Teel :colbert:

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

+5 Tiax . We need more people to talk trash to annoying paladins, plus when he ascends to godhood he will surely reward the party. Also we need his ghast to have a group of random summons to outnumber the actual party.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

sebzilla posted:

But we don't get any evil drow nookie until BG2, which could be a while since we've not even got to the Nashkel Mines yet. Get the crazy rear end bitch nookie while we still can.

We already got some, or weren't you paying attention?

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
+5 to Imoen. Best friends forever.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

-3 Bub, he's boring.

+2 Kagain just until we meet Minsc.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Cythereal posted:

We already got some, or weren't you paying attention?

We don't get any more.

Vorgen posted:

Gameplay note: Heh, I had forgotten about this. I guess when I said we'd be stuck in the friend zone for all of BG1, I meant after we tapped it once.

Or weren't you paying attention?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

sebzilla posted:

We don't get any more.

Or weren't you paying attention?

You didn't say we wouldn't get more, as your own quote demonstrates. There is a difference between not getting any and not getting any more.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Cythereal posted:

You didn't say we wouldn't get more, as your own quote demonstrates. There is a difference between not getting any and not getting any more.

If I tell you "you're not going to have sex until 2050" the fact that you had sex a week ago is irrelevant. And this is a dumb derail.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

+1 to all current party members except Bub, -1 to Shar-Teel.

DanielSeyar
Jul 1, 2009
+5 to Imoen, little sisters that you don't feel like smothering in their sleep are hard to come by.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

DanielSeyar posted:

+5 to Imoen, little sisters that you don't feel like smothering in their sleep are hard to come by.

Half sister...

Who a lot of the fandom want to romance...

-5 Imoen please for the love of god (Nah just kidding, original vote stands)

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

+1 Imoen
+1 Gavin
+1 Kagain
-2 Will

Something about that goddamn bard just makes me hate him, I don't even know why.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
I like the current party, but I'm voting -5 for Shar-Teel.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Maybe it's just me, but the feeling I personally get from finch is "self insert" especially when looking at her portrait. genuinely feel that someone's just taken their own picture, added in a quill, and photoshopped their nose out about 2 miles.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Walrus Pete posted:

Something about that goddamn bard just makes me hate him, I don't even know why.

Is it perhaps because he looks like Ben Stiller? :v:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Walrus Pete posted:

You know precisely why.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
+1 Viconia
+1 Imoen
+1 Gavin
+1 Khalid
-1 Bub Snikt

Gavin's been pretty cool. Imoen and Viconia are old favourites. Bub is dull, but we do need a fighter so Khalid can try to shine without the old ball and chain dragging him down.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Tithin Melias posted:

Maybe it's just me, but the feeling I personally get from finch is "self insert" especially when looking at her portrait. genuinely feel that someone's just taken their own picture, added in a quill, and photoshopped their nose out about 2 miles.

She isn't a particularly poorly written character, and who makes their wish fulfillment character a gnome? You can tell she's a fan character, but she's probably one of the better ones.

markus_cz
May 10, 2009

+1 Khalid
+1 Jaheira (because we're going to Nashkel after all)
+2 Shar-teel
-1 Imoen (for a change... we can still get her back later)

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
+1 for Finch, Imoen, Jaheira, Shar-teel, Viconia. All the ladies, all the time.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
+5 Bub Snikt. Haters gonna hate. I'm sure he's got golden dialogue just around the corner.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

+ 5 Shar Teel

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Xander77 posted:

+ 5 Shar Teel

How can someone be SO wrong?

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

:devil: Hey elf boy, didn't your dead dad ever tell you not to stick it in crazy?

HydeLyde
Apr 25, 2008

Conot posted:

:devil: Hey elf boy, didn't your dead dad ever tell you not to stick it in crazy?

Well his real dad was pretty indiscriminate about who/what he knocked up.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
+5 Jaheira

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

-5 Shar-Teel

I am totally okay with a warrior woman but it seems like her character is basically nonexistent outside of her gender. That's pretty boring.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

I gotta say, it was great to wake up to 30+ new posts. I should end every update with some kinda vote.

Conot posted:

Gorion and Syvishtar never really had that talk, but what we will eventually find out is that Syvishtar's real dad pretty much stuck it in all the crazy. All of it. Interspecies even.

Here are the results so far:

code:
Name      +  -  Total
---------------------
Bub       10 -4   6
Finch     11     11
Gavin     14     14
Imoen     26 -1  25
Jaheira    9      9
Kagain     5      5
Khalid     3      3
Kivan      0      0
Rose       5      5
Shar-Teel 17-19  -2
Tiax       5      5
Viconia   16     16
Will      -2     -2
Xzar       0      0
I guess nobody cares about Kivan or Xzar? Poor guys. Voting will stay open for the rest of the weekend. I'll end it on Monday midnight, CST.

Vorgen fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Oct 9, 2011

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
+1 Finch
+1 Viconia
+1 Kagain
-1 Shar Teel
-1 Bub

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Vorgen posted:

Gorion and Syvishtar never really had that talk, but what we will eventually find out is that Syvishtar's real dad pretty much stuck it in all the crazy. All of it. Interspecies even.

Technically everything is interspecies for a god

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
You know what? I'll +5 Rose too. Because I like dragons.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Brainamp posted:

Ok, true, but some species have two legs and some have four legs. I guess that would be interpedal?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Brainamp posted:

Technically, for a god who is so far above it all :smug: as most gods are, everything is bestiality.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.
-5 for Bub. He's boring and, judging by the last update, Finch does all the work anyway.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
+1 Imoen, to cancel out that -1, +4 Kivan because archers are cool, even if the mods made him annoying.

markus_cz
May 10, 2009

Giggily posted:

I am totally okay with a warrior woman but it seems like her character is basically nonexistent outside of her gender. That's pretty boring.

Strange... I find her one of the most well defined characters so far, definitely better than, say, Finch ("librarian") or Gavin ("a guy who asks questions") or Kivan ("emo!"). She's a heartless, aggressive woman-bear who has issues with men, and she has some great lines. She's one dimensional, yes, but on par with Tiax or Xzar. I can't understand why shy has fewer votes than, for example, Bub Snikt who's just an empty box with high stats.

Anyone care to tell me where does all the hate come from? Is it because you don't like the romance? (Again, I find great because the relationship is so much different from what you usually see in games.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Mainly because her unending ragging on men is in fact more irritating than Wolverine. Plus if we ever hope to get out of our Reputation shithole, we need to take our reputation above her romance barrier.

• Locked thread