Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
invalid
Aug 1, 2005

by I Ozma Myself

Samurai Sanders posted:

It's a different game once you know what you're doing, that's the issue I think. A lot of us came in after finishing Demon's Souls multiple times and it felt like we were home again.

I'm getting this vibe completely. The non-linear setup, which I love FWIW, is making me pretty lose and confused. I'm really not sure what areas people are talking about, nor am I sure where I should be going. I am happy that I've kept away from reading too much, but right now? I think I need to grind - something I didn't want to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Finding the slumbering dragon ring has been such a godsend. It's like the theifs ring from DeS but now no sound is ever made when running around. I feel like a goddam ninja!

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
So I just cut Gaping Dragon's tail off and... got nothing?

Edit: nevermind, it was hidden in some rubble

Vintersorg posted:

Finding the slumbering dragon ring has been such a godsend. It's like the theifs ring from DeS but now no sound is ever made when running around. I feel like a goddam ninja!
Where is it?

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

Vintersorg posted:

Get yourself a katana, find the shadow garb and go nuts.

meat on a Friday
Dec 9, 2010

Kneel Before Zog posted:

Butterfly and Gargoyles. Can't beat Capra demon.

I think the best area to level up in is the area the capra demon is (with all the undead ninjas and dogs). The catacomb's skeletons don't offer any souls when killed. You could also try going to human form and summoning someone else to help you out.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Fellblade posted:

More importantly does it look better than the piece of poo poo that is Havel's grey mess?

Yes. It looks fantastic.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Having anxiety problems doesn't mix well with this game. I'm level 16 and I just keep grinding the Burg over and over. Not even all of it.

This game :( maybe someday I'll venture further and have my day ruined,

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Right, that settles it. What is it upgraded from? Any +10 shield?

Viash
Mar 17, 2003

invalid posted:

I'm getting this vibe completely. The non-linear setup, which I love FWIW, is making me pretty lose and confused. I'm really not sure what areas people are talking about, nor am I sure where I should be going. I am happy that I've kept away from reading too much, but right now? I think I need to grind - something I didn't want to do.

You never, EVER have to grind in this game. If you feel like you are needing to grind then you are doing something wrong.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
poo poo, man. I want to get Astoria's straight sword to +5, but I can't find any twinkling titanite at all. Found two lizards that i was too late in killing, so i'm wondering if there's a place where you can farm some?

I'm gonna grind out some slimes, because at this point, +6 and above or Raw weapons will do more damage.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Do you really not get your spells refilled when you get summoned? So not only do I get to sit around for 30 minutes but I can't even run around throwing fireballs at things while I wait?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Does anyone know what happens when you feed Frempt the different titanites? I don't want to find this the hard way because finding those titanites was a bitch. :(

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Is using the Firelink Shrine keeper's soul instead of reviving her with it worth it? I'm just curious.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
What does "touch dragon remnants" do?

Viash
Mar 17, 2003

keyframe posted:

Does anyone know what happens when you feed Frempt the different titanites? I don't want to find this the hard way because finding those titanites was a bitch. :(

He breaks them down. Feed him a chunk and you'll get a bunch of shards, etc.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Turpentine lasts like five seconds now. What the gently caress?

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

keyframe posted:

I fed him a green titanite shard and it made it into a titanite shard.

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho
Hey Upgrade Junkies, lemme in on some secrets--what's the deal with Raw weapons? Is upgrading something to Raw better or worse than giving it magical properties?

On that note, where can I get the supplies and blacksmith to make lightning weapons? I have a dream of an Electric Halberd.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Alright, I'm still trying to catch up with this thread but I'm having the worst luck trying to save up 20,000 souls to get the key for the door in the forest. At least 4 times I've died with over 15,000 on me then gotten killed by retarded ways (falling off cliff, murdered by invader) on my way to the bloodstain. It's a good thing this game is so much loving fun to play.

Also thanks to the IRC crew for being awesome :3:

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

RentCavalier posted:

Hey Upgrade Junkies, lemme in on some secrets--what's the deal with Raw weapons? Is upgrading something to Raw better or worse than giving it magical properties?

On that note, where can I get the supplies and blacksmith to make lightning weapons? I have a dream of an Electric Halberd.

The Crystal Golems near the hydra/in the crystal area drop blue titanite, and the Giant Blacksmith in Anor Londo (after ringing both bells).

Send_Ninjas
Oct 10, 2006
Does anyone know if there are soul level requirements on being summoned? like if i'm soul level 30 and i put my summoning sign will anybody who's doing it for the first time be able to see it?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

RentCavalier posted:

For some weapons it changes the stat modifiers. It might put a higher value on one, but devalues another.

My character has alot of Strength, but abysmal dexterity, for someone who is level 57. I might need to use Raw upgrades.

By the way, this thread moves pretty goddamn fast. Is there a monster other than those small lizards that drop twinkling titanite?

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Oct 11, 2011

dongsweep
Nov 28, 2004

~ P * R * I * D * E ~

Filthy Monkey posted:

I vote for 16. That lets you use the eagle shield, which is a pretty good light greatshield.

If you are going dex heavy with curved blades, make the gently caress out the Furyblade and don't look back.

Where can I get the furyblade?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Shumagorath posted:

So I just cut Gaping Dragon's tail off and... got nothing?

Edit: nevermind, it was hidden in some rubble

Where is it?

Found it in Sen's Fortress, I think I fell down somewhere to get it. Just explore everywhere and be careful, I came upon it by accident to be honest.

invalid
Aug 1, 2005

by I Ozma Myself

Viash posted:

You never, EVER have to grind in this game. If you feel like you are needing to grind then you are doing something wrong.

Yeah, in Demon's Souls it was never problem? This game where I've already lost more souls on the table than 2 and NG+ the first time around?

Kind of feel like I juice. Everybody's doing it!

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Which is better out of the chaos blade or the fury sword?

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Which is better out of the chaos blade or the fury sword?

Furysword. If you want to use a katana, just grab the Iaito or Uchigatana and upgrade it into lightning. The gigantic bleed damage plus the lightning is just amazing.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
Woohoo, beat Gaping Dragon! Onwards, to Blighttown!

*20 minutes and 2 falling deaths later*

BLIGHTTOWN! :argh:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Send_Ninjas posted:

Does anyone know if there are soul level requirements on being summoned? like if i'm soul level 30 and i put my summoning sign will anybody who's doing it for the first time be able to see it?
I've heard that it's +/- 10 levels and +/- 10%. Which is it?

DuffMayhem
May 14, 2003

Does it depress you?
How alone you really are
Has anyone had issues with white soap stones? I've tried a joining a few times and I just get a message saying that a connection could not be established. Is it a network issue? I'm playing on my PS3 which I rarely play multiplayer games on. I'm logged in online and everything and I see other player blue "phantoms" often but I can't seem to party up. Any ideas? :confused:

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho
The Wiki doesn't say, is there a place to buy/farm Gold Pine Resin?

dongsweep
Nov 28, 2004

~ P * R * I * D * E ~

Phoix posted:

Furysword. If you want to use a katana, just grab the Iaito or Uchigatana and upgrade it into lightning. The gigantic bleed damage plus the lightning is just amazing.

I have my Iaito to +5 and was wondering when I do want to make it into a lightning sword do I need to get it to +10? Then what after that?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

RentCavalier posted:

Oh yeah, I have definitely seen it for sale...somewhere. Maybe the guy in the bell tower?

dongsweep posted:

I have my Iaito to +5 and was wondering when I do want to make it into a lightning sword do I need to get it to +10? Then what after that?
Lightning weapons start at +10, so you have a ways to go.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

RentCavalier posted:

I think the merchant in Sen's Fortress.

Cyrai
Sep 12, 2004
So, I'm actually kinda getting bored of the game. I'm level 23 or so, and it seems like I have a choice between fighting drakes or fighting the hydra. The four crystal guys between me and the hydra are too easy to be interesting, the hydra is pretty drat hard, and drakes are boring because they take a while to kill without really being very difficult. Is there some area I'm missing? Should I just be farming drakes for a few hours?

EDIT: The wiki says I should be going to the 'depths' to Queelag's domain. Where are those?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Kneel Before Zog posted:

Anyone disappointed this game doesn't expand on the last ones story? I was hoping to see the broken door in the Nexus expanded upon. Also no Nexus makes me sad.

The whole reason this game is 'Dark Souls' and not 'Demons Souls 2' is because of publishing issues and conflicts.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
:stare: I've had a productive weekend. This loving game.

I got one hour of sleep last night because I was utterly absorbed in the game. I'm in Blighttown; dropped Gaping Dragon my first try, threw my soulsign down but nobody bit and I got bored and moved on.

Is there any fast way back to Firelink from Blighttown? I'm not down at the swamp yet, I'm puzzling over these defilement ramps and trying to counter-snipe the blowgun guys. I found some sweet ninja armour and the Iaito so I'm thinking it's time for a trip to Andrei - plus, I'd like to pick up some pyromancy. Seems like it'd be really good against all this poison poo poo, like the poo ogres..

e: On Dark Souls and Demon's Souls - if you look at the broken Giant's Archstone, the face there is honestly very reminiscent of like an early or worn version of Gwyn, so IMO it's totally the same. Not-Yurt mentioned Patches, and someone in the thread mentioned a certain black robe from Demon's Souls, too.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

RentCavalier posted:

The giant mushrooms in the forest drop it fairly commonly too.

Erdos
Dec 31, 2005

RentCavalier posted:

The guy at the bottom of the depths does, but he ran out after I bought a few.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

RentCavalier posted:

It sometimes drops from the large mushroom men.

doomfunk posted:

e: On Dark Souls and Demon's Souls - if you look at the broken Giant's Archstone, the face there is honestly very reminiscent of like an early or worn version of Gwyn, so IMO it's totally the same. Not-Yurt mentioned Patches, and someone in the thread mentioned a certain black robe from Demon's Souls, too.

They're just references. The Yellow King/Old Monk shows up as an NPC Black Phantom as well!

Ixjuvin fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Oct 11, 2011

• Locked thread