Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cactachair posted:

Same here. We should have a NoobGoons club or something because I sure as hell don't need to be taking up one of 100 slots in a club that's got people ranking in the top 10%.

I think it'd actually benefit you dudes more to be in a mixed club. Good tunes by guys who know how to tune cars can go a long way to helping you get faster, and having more experienced racers to explain racing techniques and to follow around the track is invaluable. Hanging out with faster racers will inevitably help you get faster, even if you're a true blue newbie who has no idea about anything in racing sims.

Just don't expect me to be any of these, because I'm still prone to embarrassingly dumb mistakes and poor racing techniques despite being someone who should know better by now, and I still can't tune anything past D class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

First thing I did was powerslide the poo poo out of the 1M Coupe on the follow-through at the TopGear track. Mostly by accident. But it was so perfect.

Also, in World Tour. BMW 2002 Turbo Spec Races!

GT: Turb0snail

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I would say the best diffence between 3 and 4 is the free parts. for 5 grand i built a 813hp, 2365lb ford mustang king cobra, then drag raced it on the top gear test track. This is what the game should be about.

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.
I AM GETTING THIS GAME GUYS JUST THOUGHT ID LET YOU KNOW.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
You can swap the V8 from a new M3 into an E30 M3. Oh my.

Cactachair
Nov 25, 2007

Cannot Find Server posted:

I think it'd actually benefit you dudes more to be in a mixed club. Good tunes by guys who know how to tune cars can go a long way to helping you get faster, and having more experienced racers to explain racing techniques and to follow around the track is invaluable. Hanging out with faster racers will inevitably help you get faster, even if you're a true blue newbie who has no idea about anything in racing sims.

Just don't expect me to be any of these, because I'm still prone to embarrassingly dumb mistakes and poor racing techniques despite being someone who should know better by now, and I still can't tune anything past D class.

Oh I totally agree, but there's currently 147 names on the Goongle Docs spreadsheet. We'll see how the clubs and rivals features play out and maybe we'll be able to keep GTCC under 100 members.

But yeah, if they're cool with having less experienced members in the car club, count me in. GT: Hypercats I'll be happy to share any of the LCE cars with people who missed out on them thanks to Best Buy.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Residency Evil posted:

You can swap the V8 from a new M3 into an E30 M3. Oh my.

and the e30 i4 into the 2002.

925hp AWD ford thunderbird. 265 front, 305 rear tires.

This will not end well.

Cactachair
Nov 25, 2007

Bathtub Cheese posted:

I AM GETTING THIS GAME GUYS JUST THOUGHT ID LET YOU KNOW.

WHICH VERSION? LOCKED CAPS EDITION?

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug

Doctor Butts posted:

I would call Forza 4 a full sim and not very arcadey. However, I love games like Burnout: Paradise.

My friend has Forza III and in that game you can only join certain races/circuits/seasons depending on the car and its rating. Like, one could be a "Hey, loving Norway, Right?" tour where you can only drive C class Dodge Neons with yellow wheels. You can do multiple seasons at once, if you've got the car, I think

You can change the tires, grip, transmission, blabbity blah, thisity that. Change tire pressure, camber, I think even the gear ratios and other horse poo poo. You can soup up your car with general and car specific parts. Some parts give your car 4 wheel drive, or a corvette engine, or some brembo brakes or some poo poo.

Awesome, thanks for the info. I may have to pick this up after all.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Is there a good Forza tuning guide out there?

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Linux Nazi posted:

Awesome, thanks for the info. I may have to pick this up after all.

If you like GT and have an xbox, you should definitely pick this up. I made the jump from GT to forza with forza 2 and haven't looked back.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Wolfy posted:

Is there a good Forza tuning guide out there?

http://www.forzatraders.com/flash/ForzaMotorsport3CarSetupTool.swf

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*
Pre-ordered at brick and mortar Best Buy, got my Collectors edition, but they didn't have any of the pre-order cards for the M1 at the shop. They said they would call when they found them :(

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fatrick posted:

Pre-ordered at brick and mortar Best Buy, got my Collectors edition, but they didn't have any of the pre-order cards for the M1 at the shop. They said they would call when they found them :(

That's code for "we gave em all away already, please leave now"

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
I hope that's not the case, I was the first one in the store on release day, those loving bastards. Guess I'll have to head back to the store.

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*

Powershift posted:

That's code for "we gave em all away already, please leave now"

They just called, I'll pick it up when I go grab lunch. Now to get this drat mid-term over with so I can go home and race the gently caress out of some poo poo.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

mattfl posted:

So where is the best place to try and pickup a LCE from instore? Best buy/walmart/target/gamestop??
In my ongoing Best Buy saga, I show up to the local Best Buy to claim my pre-order (Best Buy online said they'd reserve me a copy at the local store after my pre-order was cancelled) to find out that Best Buy online lied to be. I had no copy waiting for me. However, I was very lucky and they had exactly one copy that wasn't promised to anyone.

So I bought it. Good thing too, because it looks like I'm not getting my copy from Target.

Now, to wait until the evening when I can play it.

SynMoo
Dec 4, 2006

Hello Spaceman posted:

I didn't do a before/after comparison, but I can tell you this: in FM3 when you load your game at the start, it takes like a minute. Loading your game in FM4 takes 10 seconds tops.

Also :siren: Sigma One and I have set up the GTCC car club. :siren:

It's called Goons in Saloons. And the tag, obviously, is GTCC.

You don't speak for the GTCC, sir. You've squatted on a tag that does not belong to you.

This is not the official car club of the GTCC.

Wouldn't be a launch day without goon drama, would it?

http://gtcc.us

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

SynMoo posted:

I hope this leads to stupid poo poo like a different IRC channel getting set up by bitter goons :allears:

In all honesty, Spaceman and Sigma, you guys should set it up again, keep the name the same and just change the tag to LLJK.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

SynMoo posted:

You don't speak for the GTCC, sir. You've squatted on a tag that does not belong to you.

Does it truly matter who sets it up? Or who runs it? I have co-founder status and we can add leaders to it if its that much of a big deal.

SynMoo
Dec 4, 2006

e: Nevermind. I think we can all be happy.

SynMoo fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Oct 11, 2011

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

SynMoo posted:

Jesus okay. I thought I'd do you fuckers a favour and set it up, and relinquish OWNERSHIP of the loving acronym to whomever ends up racing more often. Sorry I'm not part of your cool club synmoo. I'm really sorry.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
What's the proper name for male anatomy :(.

SynMoo
Dec 4, 2006

Hello Spaceman posted:

Jesus okay. I thought I'd do you fuckers a favour and set it up, and relinquish OWNERSHIP of the loving acronym to whomever ends up racing more often. Sorry I'm not part of your cool club synmoo. I'm really sorry.

It's not about not being allowed in the club man. Just trying to keep ownership in specific hands. We also didn't want to have it be a general good club as you're advertising it to be.

ZenMastaT
Apr 4, 2005

I dun shot my dick off
Am I wrong or is the little top gear booklet that comes with the limited edition just the jeremy clarkson narration from auto vista in print form?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Okay time to bring in the fire extinguishers. Spaceman grabbed GTCC because we knew GTCC would want a club. It isn't like its completely gone. We can promote anyone to leader, co-leader, etc. It isn't just willy-nilly open for joining either, its still invite-only.

I talked to SynMoo but if the GTCC leaders want to be leaders in the club it can easily be done.

We'll all be happy and suck some dilz from the back later tonight.

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
Did anyone else here try ordering the LCE from Deepdiscount?

I ordered from them about three weeks ago, and despite their site saying that pre orders either ship release day or shortly before, my order still shows as "open", despite the fact they charged my credit card already.

The fact they no longer seem to list the LCE anywhere on their site makes me somewhat concerned, so if they don't respond to the email I sent them within the next couple of days, I'm just going to perform a chargeback on the card.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Loaded up the demo one last time (hopefully getting my copy tomorrow), decided to put on some custom music while driving the M5 through traffic and ended up spending over an hour just driving. Same car, same track, not even going for time. Just... driving.

I'm a dead man. I'm going to die with my rear end fused to my seat and my hands glued to my wheel. On the screen, my souped up E30 will scratch along the guardrails at Bergwerk - my foot decomposing on the pedal - while a procession of F-class econoboxes pass by indifferently and indefinitely. The lap counter killed by an overrun error, dead like me.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Linux Nazi posted:

It looks pretty great, but I've never played FM3 even, as it seemed to be oriented towards people wanting to drive $500,000+ supercars around racetracks rather than souping up a '94 Acura and driving it through a circuit that only allows 90s japanese autos.

I really think that, at least for US players, the car selection in Forza 4 does a better job than GT5 of providing a range of cars that are relevant to amateur motorsports fans. Stuff like the E30 and E36 BMWs, Fox-body Mustangs, 2G DSM coupes, etc. to go with the various Hondas.

I am disappointed that the new 5.0 Mustang somehow didn't get on that car list, though. I am assuming it's going to be DLC eventually, though. Also, a 90s era Sentra SE-R would be kickin' rad, but then we're reaching into "wut I want list" territory.

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Oct 11, 2011

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

azflyboy posted:

Did anyone else here try ordering the LCE from Deepdiscount?

I ordered from them about three weeks ago, and despite their site saying that pre orders either ship release day or shortly before, my order still shows as "open", despite the fact they charged my credit card already.

The fact they no longer seem to list the LCE anywhere on their site makes me somewhat concerned, so if they don't respond to the email I sent them within the next couple of days, I'm just going to perform a chargeback on the card.
I did, and then I posted on their FB wall asking about my order, they said they hadn't shipped it yet.

Of course I got that notification as I was driving to a local WalMart to pick up a copy from them. Right now I'm debating on cancelling the order and getting my money back or letting it arrive and re-selling it on eBay

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

SynMoo posted:

Yeah, so about that other goon club, maybe a less serious one should be created? You guys have fun over there at GTCC...:circlefap:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Cream_Filling posted:

I am disappointed that the new 5.0 Mustang somehow didn't get on that car list, though. I am assuming it's going to be DLC eventually, though. Also, a 90s era Sentra SE-R would be kickin' rad, but then we're reaching into "wut I want list" territory.

Really? It was in Forza3, that's kinda lame.

SynMoo
Dec 4, 2006

BlackLaser posted:

Yeah, so about that other goon club, maybe a less serious one should be created? You guys have fun over there at GTCC...:circlefap:

Haha. I'm sure someone will throw up a general LLJK club.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
Sooo much stuff to install/download. It's pretty ridiculous.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Grabbed LCE from my store pickup - ran home, waited like 20 mins for the drat xbox dashboard update...

Started all my FM4 Downloads on my neighbors wireless (see earlier post for my launch day DSL high-jinks). Got through the first race and did a profile import. Whew - just was scared I'd be without live and wanted to get all my content set up.

All I should have to do now after work is install disc 2 and pray that wireless stays protection free for awhile so I can club up and rival up and race till my face explodes

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
ok, am I missing something, how do you access the Clarkson voice overs in Autovista?

Also, need some more goon friends for Rivals mode. GT: Qres

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

real_scud posted:

I did, and then I posted on their FB wall asking about my order, they said they hadn't shipped it yet.

Of course I got that notification as I was driving to a local WalMart to pick up a copy from them. Right now I'm debating on cancelling the order and getting my money back or letting it arrive and re-selling it on eBay

At least they're not saying it's never showing up.

I've heard stories of deepdiscount taking pre orders, then waiting weeks after the release to decide to ship them or just tell customers "nope, we don't have any".

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"
My Collectors Edition has shipped, I'll have it tomorrow.

So, I imagine I'll get home, start the game installing, get the pages of my fancy book all sticky :fap: and then hopping online to stay up way too late racing people on the internet.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Picked up a limited edition at best buy and the check out girl tried to sell me a $6 replacement plan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Re-add me Bentron, you fucker.

• Locked thread