Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!
I really wish that Rivals Mode or Car Clubs worked properly. I wanted to run the Goatse Garage :(.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosorcerer
Sep 2, 2011

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

Hmm. I only see continue, restart, leaderboards, and race results. Is it because I don't have a hard drive? I need to get one to install everything anyway...

I'm fairly certain that would be the case.
Do your rewinds also just skip back, rather than driving in reverse? That was something I noticed on a mates Xbox when he was trying out FM3 sans hard drive.

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!
Sorry to anyone who sent me an invite tonight in the LLJK car club. Wasn't ignoring you guys, I was just in a "ugh your stupid race cars are retarded and there's only one TV" pickle with the girlfriend. I'll have plenty of time to play all day tomorrow thankfully. I can send people the GameStop Alfa Romero if there's any interest. Again, GT is Aww Jeah.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Dinosorcerer posted:

I'm fairly certain that would be the case.
Do your rewinds also just skip back, rather than driving in reverse? That was something I noticed on a mates Xbox when he was trying out FM3 sans hard drive.

Ah, yes they do. Hard drive it is then, thanks.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
This game owns.

I work 9am - 6pm at a race shop.

Played Forza 4 from 7:30pm - 10:30pm.

Then read the new issue of Modified on the toilet.

I do too much car stuff I have figured out.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

You Am I posted:

Yeah, drat that two day wait :(
Really? I paid $109 at my GAME store. Fuckers.

I ordered online, did you do it in store? I know JB HiFi also had different prices depending on how you preordered.

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg
Finally got to play, loving fantastic. Just finished my first series in world tour mode. This game is throwing insane amounts of money around. It's nuts!

Also, does anyone remember (I think) around the time FM3 came out there was a fairly ridiculous drifting video of an old AWD swapped car. I want to say it was some sort of GT-R. It was doing full 360s and poo poo. I want to watch it for it's ridiculous factor again. I can't find it, googling returns way too many results. Can anyone help? :(

Internet Victory
Dec 10, 2005
The future is here. Internet!
Just came in 2nd place of all the stars in the reasonbly priced car (Suzuki Liana version) I'll just have to buy it and put in a roll cage to see if that affects my time. I haven't even touched career mode!

edit: drat the cage dropped me to 1:48 from 1:46.8

Internet Victory fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Oct 12, 2011

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.
So can anyone tell me about the differences in the paint and vinyl editor? A couple of people mentioned not being able to find a matte paint option which is a little strange since we've seen cars with matte white wheels etc.

Pointblank
Jan 1, 2004

It is a world transformed, where things are not what they seem.

Disgustipated posted:

Also, does anyone remember (I think) around the time FM3 came out there was a fairly ridiculous drifting video of an old AWD swapped car. I want to say it was some sort of GT-R. It was doing full 360s and poo poo. I want to watch it for it's ridiculous factor again. I can't find it, googling returns way too many results. Can anyone help? :(

It was the Datsun, and this was the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I58jmG5NnDc but the uploader has since closed their account. :(

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
I've had this game for 5 hours and I've only played like 20 minutes. Installing the discs + a date with A GIRL takes too much god drat time. If I ever find a way to combine a date, installing Forza, and loving racing, I will never ever do anything else ever again.

MaNiAk
Jan 1, 2005

Hi my name is Doxylamine Succinate, I will be serving you tonight
So, this club poo poo is actually pretty loving awesome and setting up games is way easy now, except for the fact that the lobby system shits itself when 16 players actually show up. So in one of our games we decided to have a bugatti race, I sneaked in my mustang (which is on the lljk club cars) and everyone expected it to be in last place.

Turns out I was only .5th of a second slower than first place.

I'm still trying to figure out how to find my rendered video clips but oh well, maybe I saved over it making this picture.

Mustang Boss, almost as fast as a Bugatti Veyron.

siig
Apr 4, 2005

Being nice is the shit ...

Sunday Punch posted:

So can anyone tell me about the differences in the paint and vinyl editor? A couple of people mentioned not being able to find a matte paint option which is a little strange since we've seen cars with matte white wheels etc.
First thing I did after installing. Impressions of paint/livery stuff so far:
  • FM3 vinyl groups importing via profile import happens all in a lump, and if you have a lot of vinyl groups (like most livery nerds probably do) then it takes for loving EVER. I still have a lot of FM3 vinyl group organization to do, but luckily you can repeat the import process--FM4 will automatically overwrite any vinyl groups that have the same name, so you will have to wait even longer the second time around (and third, fourth, etc) but at least you won't end up with a bunch of duplicate vinyls.
  • The new community-created vinyl shapes are pretty good, they look like they might be pretty useful, there are two pages of them.
  • Other than the two pages of new community shapes, the rest of the shape layers are the same ones in FM3.
  • No new fonts.
  • Livery editor basically identical to FM3 livery editor. No stroke/outline option for layers. Still can't set transparency value on a group or selection of multiple layers. Still can't non-uniformly scale a group or selection of multiple layers. Still can't set metallic paint colors on vinyls. Honestly other than the new community-created shapes it seems almost 100% identical to the FM3 livery editor. I have only spent about 30 minutes with it though, I'm looking for differences or new options and I'm not finding any.
  • Matte paint is nowhere to be found--maybe it is a "manufacturer color" paint option for specific cars, like that one Camaro they showed?
  • Same goes for powder-coated wheels. The wheel painting is much more "colorful" than it was in FM3 (in FM3 color painted wheels still looked very metallic, like the painted color was just a thin watery layer on top) but it still is not opaque. If you paint your wheels blue or red or something, though, now in FM4 they definitely look blue/red/whatever.
I'll post more if I come across anything important.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.
I asked to join the LLJK club, but although I see members being added, I'm still shut out.

Also, what is the GTCC club, why is it limited to 16 members, and can you only be in one club at a time?

[edit]
And why didn't I get any import credits? ...because I didn't check the messages, that's why. Doh!

einTier fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Oct 12, 2011

siig
Apr 4, 2005

Being nice is the shit ...
Have you checked the LT message center yet? I think you might have to check the message from Turn 10 to get the FM3 save game credits.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

siig posted:

Have you checked the LT message center yet? I think you might have to check the message from Turn 10 to get the FM3 save game credits.

Ah. There it is. 60k credits. Thanks.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Pudgygiant posted:

I've had this game for 5 hours and I've only played like 20 minutes. Installing the discs + a date with A GIRL takes too much god drat time. If I ever find a way to combine a date, installing Forza, and loving racing, I will never ever do anything else ever again.

Have sex with the girl on the couch while your flatmate is on his way home, then you'll be dating, loving and racing all at the same time :v:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Just started career mode tonight, ugh dat MR-2

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Phy posted:

Just started career mode tonight, ugh dat MR-2

I loving love it. Seconding that it's lame you can't paint your rims white. :(

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Welp this is awesome.

With the new tire physics and everything I'm doing it with no assists or driving line, though I'm leaving rewinding on. Also simulation steering, which is interesting with the MS wheel, but I'm actually doing fairly well so far.

It really is making me improve my driving skills.

TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day
So tired. Uhm. Before I try hard to sleep so that I can put in a full day of college Forza tomorrow...

To all, on installing disc 2: Go ahead and load the game, do the demo lap, the game will prompt you to import your profile a decent way into the festivities. You won't get prompted to install disc 2 at all until you go back to the main menu and select that option. Just get in and enjoy the beginning of the career mode until you feel like a breather.

-Club LLJK has basically all unicorns / import cars uploaded, good work all.
-Club LLJK is also awesome for all levels of play, if there's a spot open hit it.
-Since shared cars were mostly covered, I threw in the classic car with a quickly done soft top and a sad attempt to replicate the AE86 from Initial D (max RPM available, 250hp, watanabe wheels, I'll be happy to pull it if someone can do better, but I got a max drift out of it on the first test lap).
-Top Gear test track. HNNG.
-Nurburg plus passing. Oh, my life.
-Camino Extreme Reverse isn't just in, there's a weather option.

So yeah. Life over. Forza is pwn.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

siig posted:

First thing I did after installing. Impressions of paint/livery stuff so far:
  • FM3 vinyl groups importing via profile import happens all in a lump, and if you have a lot of vinyl groups (like most livery nerds probably do) then it takes for loving EVER. I still have a lot of FM3 vinyl group organization to do, but luckily you can repeat the import process--FM4 will automatically overwrite any vinyl groups that have the same name, so you will have to wait even longer the second time around (and third, fourth, etc) but at least you won't end up with a bunch of duplicate vinyls.
  • The new community-created vinyl shapes are pretty good, they look like they might be pretty useful, there are two pages of them.
  • Other than the two pages of new community shapes, the rest of the shape layers are the same ones in FM3.
  • No new fonts.
  • Livery editor basically identical to FM3 livery editor. No stroke/outline option for layers. Still can't set transparency value on a group or selection of multiple layers. Still can't non-uniformly scale a group or selection of multiple layers. Still can't set metallic paint colors on vinyls. Honestly other than the new community-created shapes it seems almost 100% identical to the FM3 livery editor. I have only spent about 30 minutes with it though, I'm looking for differences or new options and I'm not finding any.
  • Matte paint is nowhere to be found--maybe it is a "manufacturer color" paint option for specific cars, like that one Camaro they showed?
  • Same goes for powder-coated wheels. The wheel painting is much more "colorful" than it was in FM3 (in FM3 color painted wheels still looked very metallic, like the painted color was just a thin watery layer on top) but it still is not opaque. If you paint your wheels blue or red or something, though, now in FM4 they definitely look blue/red/whatever.
I'll post more if I come across anything important.

This is disappointing. There were lots of areas Turn10 could have easily improved vinyls and painting, I was looking forward to having new stuff to play with :smith:

e: Are the layer limits still the same? ie 1000 on sides/top

Fraser CDN
May 16, 2009
MORON
I played this for about 3 hours tonight. I love it, I am 100% satisfied I bought it day 1. I love the Top Gear bowling, so much fun.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA7cYbSKw8A

:smug:

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.
After playing for only a little while and just poking around, it feels like this is improved on almost every level. It's also evident that Turn 10 is really listening to the fans and improving in areas the fans really want.

My only complaint so far is that for whatever reason, it appears they've stolen the car collision sounds from GT5. Seriously, WTF?

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Holy balls the Tesla is hard to drive. I think it's that:
a) it only has one gear (doesn't the real thing have 2 gears?)
b) I never realized how much I rely on engine & gear sounds for driving. It's very hard to tell how fast I'm going on the Top Gear test track!

Oh also I put in a request to join LLJK, my gamertag is EnderNerdcore

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

siig posted:

I never got that message, what the gently caress Turn 10?

Rakekniven
Jun 4, 2000
Forum Veteran
I also want in on the lljk action, GT is Rakekniven.

I played the hell out of the first three Forza's, this is the first time I'm checking out the online component.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is M. Rossi back?

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I played a couple of rounds of car soccer earlier with LLJK. All Mini Coopers was great. But nothing could compare to the next match with a few Hummers thrown in. I don't think that the collision detection and physics code was written with quite that amount of chaos in mind. I'm still hoarse from laughing so hard.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Kenshin posted:

Holy balls the Tesla is hard to drive. I think it's that:
a) it only has one gear (doesn't the real thing have 2 gears?)
b) I never realized how much I rely on engine & gear sounds for driving. It's very hard to tell how fast I'm going on the Top Gear test track!

Oh also I put in a request to join LLJK, my gamertag is EnderNerdcore

Yeah that thing is weird as hell. Really makes you appreciate how accustomed we are to actual mechanical engines. I love it anyway, just because it's so weird, and because I'll never get to drive one in real life.

7:00pm: "I'll play Forza for a little while, just mess with some cars and what not, but get to bed early."
12:00am: "gently caress. Just one more lap..."

This game is loving amazing, and, having never really been into racing games before, I can't believe I'm seriously considering spending $400 for a wheel and pedals just to play this one game.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Went ahead and sent a request for LLJK. If somehow you really can do multiple car clubs, GTCC would be neat, once everyone gets properly sorted.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Unlocked all the autovista cars tonight. Was hoping there would be an achievement, no such luck. I did unlock the warthog for Autovista though.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

AlmightyPants posted:

I played a couple of rounds of car soccer earlier with LLJK. All Mini Coopers was great. But nothing could compare to the next match with a few Hummers thrown in. I don't think that the collision detection and physics code was written with quite that amount of chaos in mind. I'm still hoarse from laughing so hard.

I told you all the Hummer was the best car for soccer.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Holy poo poo Ford Ka Spec Racing is the most :3: goddamn thing around. I think I may keep this little bugger, it's loving adorable <3

EDIT: Seriously want to figure out how to do Matte paint though, damnit.

DOUBLE EDIT: Also, gonna be applying to our car club soon. Be on the lookout for T1g4h :v: Orrr not. Need XBL Gold for Car Clubs and i'm still stuck with Silver. Welp.

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Oct 12, 2011

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Mandrel posted:

I told you all the Hummer was the best car for soccer.

The Hummer is only the best car for soccer if you're in a Hummer and they're not...

I'll let you figure out why that's not a good thing.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

So what are the most brutal sounding cars you've all used? That cuda hemi made me think they replaced the engine with a death metal band. It's insane.

For me this game is basically a music playlist with car names :3:

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Q_res posted:

The Hummer is only the best car for soccer if you're in a Hummer and they're not...

I'll let you figure out why that's not a good thing.

Someone's bitter about the freedom-train that got ran on them.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Just bitter about how much the King Cobra sucks. You have no power, why the gently caress won't you hook up? :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hojusimpson
Mar 30, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Is M. Rossi back?

Saw Rossi in one of my first few races. It might have been the forced one at the start since I've spent the rest of my time mucking around Rivals mode.

edit: Wow, it's 10 minutes to 4 a.m. here. That's the first time I've looked at the clock in hours; been playing since around 7 p.m. There's just so much to do in this game and I haven't even started career mode!

hojusimpson fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Oct 12, 2011

• Locked thread