Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Pierzak posted:

Way to pick on handicapped people, you.

Ha, good catch. I'm not editing it.

I don't remember having to jerk the six-axis that much but short, vigorous motion should do the trick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
I just picked up Knights in the Nightmare out of blind loyalty to Atlus. Any tips?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I just picked up Knights in the Nightmare out of blind loyalty to Atlus. Any tips?

Do the tutorials. Don't be afraid to do them again later if you forget something.

Reposting all this junk:

quote:

The last part of the tutorial is just tons of info pages that you can skip and just get started playing. You'll probably want to come back to them as reference later but you can worry about that as you go.

If you've done the rest of the tutorial you should understand the basics of how the game works. The game is actually very easy other than one or two battles, but it's very complicated and you'll probably spend the first half of the game being confused and trying to figure stuff out.

Outside of Battle:

- It's impossible to screw yourself over so don't worry about it. If you run out of characters, the game assigns you free ones. If you run out of items, you can go to Leveling to get some. Neither of these things are likely to happen though.

- Leveling up characters gives them more Vitality and very slightly increases their base damage. It also somewhat effects Transoul. The most important thing though, is that it gives them access to stronger weapons.

- LI and CI are a characters real stats, they determine how much damage you do with those weapon types. Element is also very important since it determines which weapons you can use the High charge attacks with.

- For weapons, there's no harm in merging identical ones together, except that you might lose some +bonuses. Upgrading weapons makes them do more damage but in trade they will charge up slower, so it's not always great to upgrade.

- You're going to have a lot of items and characters. Fortunately the game gives you a lot of ways to organize and sort them. Play around with the menus and find the way that's easiest for you. Personally, for Units I like the list view sorted by Type, and for Items I like the small icon view (also sorted by type).

Transoul:

- Transoul is kind of obnoxious. Remember to look at the change arrows to see if LI/CI/Vit are going up or down. You will get HUGE boosts in stats if you sacrifice characters who have story relations to one another. You don't really need to transoul all that much but you might want to just to keep your units organized.

- If you sacrifice too many souls to the same person, it eventually stops working right and their Vit starts dropping off when you level them up. This takes a long time but if you do something like take a character from level 10 to level 50, it'll probably happen.

- How much you extend a character's 'max level' by is kind of a mystery, but it seems like you get less levels for character who have been leveled up. In other words, you want to sacrifice units who are not near their max level in order to increase the receiver's max level the most. YMMV though so feel free to experiment.

Battle:

- Hide Button. It's your friend. While hiding the battlefield is cleaner, you can't select anything, and you take less damage. Hide whenever you aren't purposefully doing something.

- The three most important factors in how much damage you deal are:
1) The Weapon's Element (vs the Enemy's)
2) The Weapon's Damage Value
3) The Character's CI/LI Value

- Knowing how each unit type attacks and moves is also very important. You'll want to shuffle around characters as needed to get the best attacks you can.

- For Movement, Dualists can jump upwards and Knights can charge in any direction. However, Knights can't change heights even though jump can. So you can get units 'stuck' up in high places. Just think before you jump and it's no big deal.

- You lose 1 durability for every turn an item is set regardless of how it's used. So reuse items as much as possible (IE use 2 knights so they can share) and don't set them unless you are going to use them. You get so many items it doesn't matter for common stuff, but if you have a weapon you really like, keep an eye on it.

- Some weapons charge faster than others, some weapons generate more gems than others. If you find a weapon that's really good, try to remember it and abuse it.

- Take the time to break everything that says it can be broken, you'll find key items or extra items from them.

- You can tell how many gems enemies will generate by either the thickness of the fog, or how full the current L/C icon is. Regular attacks don't change this value at all but still generate a full helping of gems.

- Key Items which can be used on someone in the current battle are highlighted in Yellow in the item list. Make sure you use them all before the battle is over.

Last Note, by default you will get a bad ending. If this really upsets you, you might want to spoil how to get a good ending. There are also plenty of good reasons to replay the game if you enjoy it too.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
On the other hand the bad ending of the game is really profound and one of the more moving conclusions I can remember for an RPG, so it's not that bad.

Really the entire game is immensely depressing so it kinda fits better.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Do the tutorials. Don't be afraid to do them again later if you forget something.

Reposting all this junk:

Egads, thank you! I must've missed them the first time around!

edit: the tips, i mean, not the tutorials

GOTTA STAY FAI fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Oct 5, 2011

Astfgl
Aug 31, 2001

I asked these questions in the Civ 5 thread but didn't get many answers:

(For reference, I've played a lot of 4, and am running a vanilla game with no mods or DLC)

Will I ever get the option to annex or make a puppet out of a city state through any other means than violence? In 4, if a city's borders grew large enough and encompassed a rival city, eventually that city's culture would flip to yours and you'd get the option to take over the city. Will that ever happen in 5, or am I wasting resources on culture production near Monaco?

Will city-states ever "forget" that I've killed others in the past? Right now, if I attack one more city state, they all declare permanent war, which I'd like to avoid. Will they ever get over their poo poo, or are they stuck like that until the game ends?

If a rival civ hates me, like REALLY hates me to the point that they denounce me like clockwork, is there any way to salvage the relationship? I've been throwing strategic and luxury resources at them, as well as gold and units and nothing seems to change.

Is there a better method to building roads? When I click the "create route" button it sends my workers off on some really deranged routes that only seem to involve them calculating the shortest distance to their ultimate destination. Sometimes I want to build roads to specific cities or to the frontlines of a battle and the only way I can get my workers to build on the right tiles is by telling them to build a road one tile at a time. Which seems utterly ridiculous and stupid. Am I missing something?

And on a more general note, how the gently caress does diplomacy work in this game? I went on a rampage in like 2000 BC and now it's 1640 AD and the world still hates me because of it. Do you have to choose either diplomacy OR warfare, and you can't have both? Because right now that's how it feels. I went on conquests in the early game and would now like to transition to a diplomatic state but no one will talk to me because of what happened eons ago.

Astfgl fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Oct 5, 2011

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I got Revenge of the Titans from the Humble Bundle ages ago but never got around to playing it. Back when it came out, I remember hearing it was easy to gently caress up the early missions and not have enough gold to do anything later on.

Was this ever fixed? Either way, is there anything I should know before starting it?

Player 2
Sep 11, 2011

by T. Couchfucker
Some pointers for Starcraft 2 anybody? The wiki only has SC1 and I can't find a thread anywhere.

edit: I should add that I have never played a Starcraft game in my life.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Player 2 posted:

Some pointers for Starcraft 2 anybody? The wiki only has SC1 and I can't find a thread anywhere.

As someone who's kind of a newb myself, the best advice I can give you is always be spending money and always be doing something. If you're looking to take it easy playing the game, then stick with singleplayer. Being good at Multiplayer requires a lot of speed and focus. I personally found it too stressful, I play games to relax and its very hard to relax playing multiplayer Starcraft 2.

Jiefu
Mar 14, 2011

Don't smoke cigarettes, kids. You'll turn into a piece of bread.

Don't ask how.

Player 2 posted:

There is an entire SC sub-subforum here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=250

The new player thread is here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3334235

The Day9 thread is here, with tips for improving various levels of play: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3346763

As for very general tips:

Keep your resources low by constantly building things. Workers if you're not fully saturated, units if you want to attack or defend, production facilities if you need to get units out faster, expansions if you need more resources. Resources saved are resources that are doing nothing - this isn't an MMO, you're not saving them for the next battle.

3 workers will saturate a mineral field/gas geyser, so work for that (a standard base of 8 mineral patches thus requires 24 workers for maximum harvesting, as well as 6 workers for gas).

Other than that, SC2 is a complex game with a wide variety of strategies and a very high skill ceiling. The best way to get better is to practice, but don't neglect reading and thinking about the game, as well. Don't expect to be winning the GSL in six months. It's not an easy game.

Holistic Detective
Feb 2, 2008

effing the ineffable
Only just came out but anyone got anything for Dark Souls? Never played Demon Souls so I'm basically completely new to this style of game.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

You can play SC2 fairly chill if you just accept that you'll lose several times until you get placed in the appropriate league (usually bronze). Also, the team matches, skirmishes and FFAs are good ways to get yourself inured to RTS stress.

The big thing is scouting out your enemy, especially early on with one of your workers. Especially when you're new to the game and don't know what your opponent could reasonably be doing at the current timeframe. Having no idea what your enemy is doing stresses the gently caress out of newbies

Holistic Detective posted:

Only just came out but anyone got anything for Dark Souls? Never played Demon Souls so I'm basically completely new to this style of game.

I'm pretty noob myself so someone may override these:

-You lose souls (currency and xp combined) and humanity on death, but you can retrive them by absorbing the green orb left at your corpse. If you die on your way there though, they're gone. So. Early on, don't hold on to thousands of souls, especially if you're going into uncharted territory. Spend them on items and levels, you don't lose those.

-In the same way, you can consume the soul items to gain souls the currency, only use them right before you level or buy something.

-You can wear heavier armors but the big thing is blocking and dodging, especially dodging.

The Chad Jihad fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Oct 8, 2011

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

RentACop posted:

-You can wear heavier armors but the big thing is blocking and dodging, especially dodging.

To elaborate on this, how fast you can roll and otherwise get the hell out of the way of an attack that is almost certainly going to wreck most of your health is dependent on your Equip weight. In Demon's Souls, you had to be under half of it to get the fastest dodge, but Dark Souls appears to have several more levels, and I think the fastest one we know of is at 10% of your equip weight. Some other quick tips:

- For the love of god, get the Orange Soapstone (or whatever it's called) from the first merchant, because without it you can't write messages or rate them. And writing messages (whether to be helpful or troll newbies) is one of the best parts of the online. Also, rating messages positively will make them stay around longer, which is good for the ones that are actually helpful.

- You must have a specific item to cast spells. Pyromancy, Miracles, and Sorceries each require a different item (Pyromancy Flame, Talisman, Catalyst respectively). You can refill your casts of a spell by resting at a bonfire.

- By offering Humanity to kindle a bonfire (must not be Hollowed to do so), you can increase how many Estus Flask charges it will give you to rest there. By default, it gives 5, but you can upgrade it to 10, 15, and I believe it maxes out at 20, but I'm not that far into the game myself, so someone can correct me on those if necessary.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Artix74 posted:

- For the love of god, get the Orange Soapstone (or whatever it's called) from the first merchant, because without it you can't write messages or rate them. And writing messages (whether to be helpful or troll newbies) is one of the best parts of the online. Also, rating messages positively will make them stay around longer, which is good for the ones that are actually helpful.

Which merchant is the first you are talking about? I've been playing a while and I never ran into anyone selling it. I've seen the blacksmith in the jail when you go down to lando, the fat priest right at the start, and the creepy old zombie guy who is inside of the burg level.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Captain Beans posted:

Which merchant is the first you are talking about? I've been playing a while and I never ran into anyone selling it. I've seen the blacksmith in the jail when you go down to lando, the fat priest right at the start, and the creepy old zombie guy who is inside of the burg level.

That last guy, the one that's guarded by the two armored spear guys. He also sells the white summoning stone, if you don't have that already

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Artix74 posted:

In Demon's Souls, you had to be under half of it to get the fastest dodge, but Dark Souls appears to have several more levels, and I think the fastest one we know of is at 10% of your equip weight.

It's less than 25% I think. There are basically 4 types of rolls now instead of just 2 in 25% increments.

Also I looked one thing up for the game, for those that played Demon's Souls. There is a Yurt-type character, but apparently he does not gently caress things up like in Demon's Souls. You will probably know when you meet him.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
I'm about to start playing Devil Survivor Overclocked. I'm familiar with the Shin Magami Tensei games' magic vocabulary from the Persona games, as well as the fact that they largely seem to focus on playing defensively: Using buffs, debuffs and chipping away damage while surviving, rather than slamming enemies into oblivion as soon as humanly possible. Is there anything I need to know before jumping into the game, or would it be fine to just dive head first into it with reckless abandon?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

punchdaily posted:

I'm about to start playing Devil Survivor Overclocked. I'm familiar with the Shin Magami Tensei games' magic vocabulary from the Persona games, as well as the fact that they largely seem to focus on playing defensively: Using buffs, debuffs and chipping away damage while surviving, rather than slamming enemies into oblivion as soon as humanly possible. Is there anything I need to know before jumping into the game, or would it be fine to just dive head first into it with reckless abandon?
I made a huge rear end post about the original DS on this page: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2969807&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=68

Not sure what would or would not be applicable in the Overclocked version.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

I made a huge rear end post about the original DS on this page: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2969807&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=68

It should be. They just tacked things on to the end. Thanks.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
I just got Darkspore for 3$, it looks like a ton of fun. I've done the first few missions and was very impressed with the graphics and gameplay. The interface is a bit clunky though. Anyways, anything I should be aware of?

Also, anything for Dead Space 2? I got the first one aswell, but I tried playing through it twice and got stuck on the same area (chapter 7 I think), do I miss out on a lot by not playing the first one completely?

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

Skilleddk posted:

I just got Darkspore for 3$, it looks like a ton of fun. I've done the first few missions and was very impressed with the graphics and gameplay. The interface is a bit clunky though. Anyways, anything I should be aware of?

Also, anything for Dead Space 2? I got the first one aswell, but I tried playing through it twice and got stuck on the same area (chapter 7 I think), do I miss out on a lot by not playing the first one completely?
The wiki (link in the OP) covers most worthwhile pointers for Dead Space 2. The game comes with a "Previously on..." cinematic that will explain the relevant bits of story, so no, I wouldn't say you miss out. DS2's tutorials pretty much assumes you are an idiot with no concept of the series, so you'll know what you need to know after chapter 1.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Skilleddk posted:

The game ramps up in difficulty DRAMATICALLY between either chapters 3 and 4 or 4 and 5. It's one of those two--I can't remember which, but it's hilarious how fast you go from bulldozing everything to dying every ten seconds.

Either way, it's best not to concentrate on just one type of mutant--spread your unlocks out across all the types, because it allows for more versatility on stages where there are 3 or more different kinds of enemies. There is nothing worse than getting stuck with a necro-only type mutant on a world with all-necro enemies.

Also, play with other people. The later levels get boring (and are much harder) if you're soloing.

dAnni
Mar 7, 2006

I am the champ...
I'm just starting The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.

My main question is: Classes.

Are there any particular things I should avoid? A race which may change the game? I chose some fish like creature and specialised as a thief when asked both times (will this be boring? are there some awesome classes?).

Is magic really big and am I missing out?

For example, I played a thief in Baldur's gate and I could do loads of fun stuff, will it be the same on Oblivion? I only seem to have gotten some stat boosts. Also a mage was probably more fun in Baldur's gate but I had party members for that!

I'm reading the beforeiplay.com wiki on it (which is awesome btw), but just wanted to know a few more personal opinions!

EDIT: I see the leveling system is broken, ill have to fix that right away. I'm guessing I can mod through steam just as easily?

dAnni fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Oct 11, 2011

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

dAnni posted:

Are there any particular things I should avoid? A race which may change the game? I chose some fish like creature and specialised as a thief when asked both times (will this be boring? are there some awesome classes?).

For example, I played a thief in Baldur's gate and I could do loads of fun stuff, will it be the same on Oblivion? I only seem to have gotten some stat boosts. Also a mage was probably more fun in Baldur's gate but I had party members for that!

I'm reading the beforeiplay.com wiki on it (which is awesome btw), but just wanted to know a few more personal opinions!
If you're asking, "Do I miss out on being able to do X well by picking class Y?" then the answer is always no. Your major skills will determine what actually levels you up, but you can raise any skill to 100, major or minor, and your stat progression is completely up to you. The only way you'll be stuck not being able to do something well is if you don't use that thing and raise its skill.

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009
In Oblivion you can be whatever you want with no obvious drawbacks. Thieves are perfectly fine, though I hope you like archery (you'll be starting most fights with long range sneak attacks). The races don't matter too much but you should look at their statistics to make sure they don't specialize in something you don't care about, eg Altmer and Bretons are way better for mages. Decent thief races might include Khajiit or Bosmer but it doesn't matter all that much in the long run.

You need to be aware of the screwy skill system. You will level up based on how many times your major skills have raised, and enemies will scale based on your level. This means things will be easier at lower levels, at higher levels enemies will have stronger armor and abilities that makes them inherently harder than a low level one might be. What this means is you need to play kind of counterintuitively by trying to level up slowly. Don't put skills that level quickly through constant use, like Athletics or Acrobatics, in your majors or you will be outleveling the gear curve before you know it. If you don't want to think about it, just pick one of the default classes, they usually come with a lovely skill or two.

The goofy skill system is sort of endemic to the wonkiness of the whole game. There are a metric fuckload of mods out there that try to remedy these aspects and make the game better, including packs that attempt to work together to create a unified experience. I don't know which ones are good though, sorry, but it might be worth it for you to ask in the Oblivion thread what the current goon-recommended mod pack is.

My final piece of advice is to just not play Oblivion. It's bland and generic, just a really awful game that's aged even worse in comparison to the recent Fallouts. If you're trying to catch up with the Elder Scrolls for Skyrim you should just play Morrowind instead, or just skip it because Oblivion's story is self contained. Or just skip to the Shivering Isles expansion, which takes Oblivion's lovely game mechanics out of Oblivion's lovely settings and puts them into a half decent pretty creative setting. Oblivion as a game was engaging enough, it certainly sucked me in for tens of hours, but that was when I didn't know any better, and when I think back on those hours I get a bitter taste in my mouth.

Lets Fuck Bro fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Oct 11, 2011

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

Strength based MCs are a lot more viable in overclocked, but other than that this is all still relevant

Fishmonkey
Jun 22, 2004

Professional Boob Puncher
I'm about to start playing Dragon Age: Origins for the first time. Is there a fan patch that fixes the bugs that Bioware missed? I was poking around the wiki and noticed that there were a bunch of bugs like Ohgren glitching out when you export a character into Awakening.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Fishmonkey posted:

I'm about to start playing Dragon Age: Origins for the first time. Is there a fan patch that fixes the bugs that Bioware missed? I was poking around the wiki and noticed that there were a bunch of bugs like Ohgren glitching out when you export a character into Awakening.

Had a quick look on the nexus site. I think the answer is no, there are a lot of "graphical" changes though. I don't reccomend looking.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

dAnni posted:

EDIT: I see the leveling system is broken, ill have to fix that right away. I'm guessing I can mod through steam just as easily?

High level magic can be pretty amazing, as powerful spells send enemies flying and you can do a lot of creative stuff like sapping their stamina until they go limp, or sneaking into their houses at night and poisoning their clothing with an enchantment.

As others have said, your "class" doesn't matter much, although a levelling mod or following a guide will keep you on track. There's no reason why you can't play a character who is good at both sneaking, fighting and magic.

Do the mage's guild quests as soon as possible, as getting into the Arcane University lets you create your own spells and enchant equipment.

While not focused on thieving, the Breton race is by far the most powerful at the start as they take half damage from spells and can take half damage from normal attacks once a day (for 1 minute).

Fruits of the sea fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Oct 12, 2011

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

I restarted Evil Genius and hit all the frustrating hurdles the game throws at your head all over again.

- Agent skill level contributes to stats, but most importantly it decides how much the agent does his thing. Rookie Investigators don't get the urge to do their jobs until they run across arms stockpiles or the ark of the Covenant, while master Agents waste a lot of time taking notes on everything they run across, no matter how innocent. Green Soldiers are easy to distract and redirect, but commando Veterans shoot everyone and everything without provocation, starting from the noncombatants.

- Spin doctors are your most useful agent defusers. They drain Smarts, which lowers the agent's suspicion back to "carefree" level. If they leave the island with that blue ring around their feet, they actually lower your heat. Diplomats are also useful, as they drain loyalty, but they can't calm down tourists. Playboys are more useful in the field than in your base, as they're the only social minions capable of theft.

- The mess hall mixer, the researched archive devices and the biotanks eat up the agent's smarts. A trouncing by the supercomputer or the bio-dome plant life and being used as a live target in the rifle range hurt attention. The basic chair interrogation, impact tester, laser cannon and motorized bookcases just kill the prisoner for entertainment and loyalty boosts.

scamtank fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Oct 13, 2011

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

For my first run of Fallout 3, are there any mods that are essential and make the experience strictly better or should I just go in as is?

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

GrandpaPants posted:

For my first run of Fallout 3, are there any mods that are essential and make the experience strictly better or should I just go in as is?

Broken Steel raises the level cap from 20 to 30 and includes new perks for those levels, and extends the game so that it doesn't end when the main story plot ends. Its not essential, but it is pretty cool.

edit: I can't read

Hit or miss Clitoris fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Oct 13, 2011

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

That isn't a mod though; that is DLC.

I would suggest looking up a HUD replacement, the default one is very cramped for PC's and ones like darnified free up a lot of room.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

GrandpaPants posted:

Yeah, there's a mod they sell in stores called "New Vegas". :rimshot:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

GrandpaPants posted:

You're probably going to need to read up on using the console to bring NPCs back to life and/or make them essential.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Lord Chumley posted:

Yeah, there's a mod they sell in stores called "New Vegas". :rimshot:

Doesn't really answer his question though does it? Since he wants to make Fallout 3 better playing F:NV first will not help.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

GrandpaPants posted:

Unofficial Fallout Patch: Fixes zillions of small bugs.

Fellout: removes the green tint over everything, makes stuff look nicer.

MTUI: Tweaks the HUD.

Lord Chumley posted:

Yeah, there's a mod they sell in stores called "New Vegas".

Interestingly, If you have both installed, this mod will let you play FO3 from within NV. I've heard it's glitchy, though.

Remote User
Nov 17, 2003

Hope deleted.
Finally getting around to playing Kings Bounty: Armored Princess. Playing as a Paladin. Any suggestions?

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

upperthorax posted:

Finally getting around to playing Kings Bounty: Armored Princess. Playing as a Paladin. Any suggestions?
If you bought the platinum addition you should probably start with the orc campaign since that's a remix of the original one with more content and units.

-Generally, the most valuable abilities you can get are ones that summon cannon fodder and ones that resurrect your own guys. These keep losses down, which helps you save money, hang onto limited recruits and earn the no losses medals which increase your leadership.

-If you are playing the orc campaign, be sure to get the papers which allow you to accrue training points for the upgrade schools right away. Upgrading creatures is an excellent way to gain access to otherwise hard to get units.

-Class wise, Warrior is considered quite good, the mage starts weak but gets incredible at high levels and paladin is the weakest but still very usable.

-Another orc campaign tip is that many of the new units are a bit unbalanced, so keep an eye out for them.

-If you're still not sure about units, I've found that engineers (especially with droids as well), demonologists, and paladins are all incredible units that fit the criteria of the first tip I posted, so be on the look out for them. Failing that, heed the second tip and find units that can upgrade into them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Just started playing through Risen for the first time, anything I should be aware of? Looks like it should be some good fun.