Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

carry on then posted:

10.7.2 is in Software Update now.

And there's also a (450MB? :stare:) Lion Recovery update available (at least for the 2011 MBP).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I got that for my 2010 MBP as well. Looks like they can't do delta updates with that or something.

SimpleCoax
Aug 7, 2003

TV is the thing this year.
Hair Elf

A FUCKTON OF WEED posted:

I just learned that iCloud won't be synching my keychain like MobileMe did. Should I just bite the bullet and get 1Password then? This was a feature that I really liked and kind of relied upon.

I look at iCloud and wonder why I would want to migrate to it from MobileMe at any point before MobileMe runs out. Keychain sync and iDisk are my favorite features besides calendar/contact/mail sync.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

I'm pretty sure 10.7.2 combo update will be here in a moment, since 10.7.1 just disappeared from the list and it's now not loading for me.

http://support.apple.com/downloads#macos

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Got the Lion Recovery Update for my mid-2009 MacBook. It's a hat trick!

Also got iPhoto 9.2 and Security Update 2011-006.

And a 472 MB version of 10.7.2

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Oct 12, 2011

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro
The Lion Recovery update applies to almost all Lion installs.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Jesus the update is going to take 7 hours. :catstare:

SimpleCoax
Aug 7, 2003

TV is the thing this year.
Hair Elf
So is Find My Mac only on iCloud? I can't find out anything about enabling it, but I don't plan on migrating from MobileMe to iCloud for a while.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

KidDynamite posted:

Jesus the update is going to take 7 hours. :catstare:

Looks like the update servers are being slammed, what with iOS 5, iTunes 10.2, and this being released at the same exact time.

I guess its a good stress test. :v:

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

well, I'm still managing to get a pretty good down rate :v:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

SimpleCoax posted:

So is Find My Mac only on iCloud?
Yes.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Webbeh posted:

Looks like the update servers are being slammed, what with iOS 5, iTunes 10.2, and this being released at the same exact time.

I guess its a good stress test. :v:
iOS 5, Lion 10.7.2, iTunes 10.5, iLife updates, and Aperture update all hit from Apple today. And that's not even counting the countless iOS app updates going out. I have about two dozen app updates in the last 24 hours.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
So far the only thing I've noticed about 10.7.2 is that it broke the gently caress out of my mission control gestures, and iCloud broke my AppleID.

Edit: The AppleID is fixed, but boy howdy was that counterintuitive. They wanted to merge my AppleID with my e-mail, but when I tried to do so on my iPad, it said that email was already in use (no poo poo, Sherlock, it's in use by me), and I couldn't log in via either with the iCloud system preferences pane. Had to log in on their website to finally get it fixed.

Edit2: Here's a fun one: If you have 3 finger swipe configured to go back and forward, and use natural scrolling, then mission control swaps desktops in different directions depending if you're using 3 or 4 fingers.

Thoom fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Oct 12, 2011

echobucket
Aug 19, 2004
You can now rearrange desktops by dragging them around in 10.7.2 :dance:

eames
May 9, 2009

Could someone please post the URL for the combo updater so I can kick off the download at home? (stuck in a meeting here)

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

eames posted:

Could someone please post the URL for the combo updater so I can kick off the download at home? (stuck in a meeting here)

Isn't one yet, but we'll post when we find it :)

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Combo update URL? Found this URL on insanelymac, but it seems to be the real deal.

http://supportdownload.apple.com/do...Combo10.7.2.dmg

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
Can we install that over the GM?

eames
May 9, 2009

Martytoof posted:

Combo update URL? Found this URL on insanelymac, but it seems to be the real deal.

http://supportdownload.apple.com/do...Combo10.7.2.dmg

Worked, thanks for saving me a few hours.

echobucket
Aug 19, 2004
While we are posting links, does anyone have a link directly to the iPhoto 9.2 update? I need to install over iPhoto 9.2 beta 3 because auto update isn't working.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

echobucket posted:

While we are posting links, does anyone have a link directly to the iPhoto 9.2 update? I need to install over iPhoto 9.2 beta 3 because auto update isn't working.

Have you thought about deleting the app and then redownloading the entire shebang?

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

echobucket posted:

You can now rearrange desktops by dragging them around in 10.7.2 :dance:

I don't give a poo poo about that. I want to be able to drag APPLICATIONS from one desktop to another. :mad:

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Accipiter posted:

I don't give a poo poo about that. I want to be able to drag APPLICATIONS from one desktop to another. :mad:

When you are in Mission Control, grab the App icon that is on top of the cluster of windows. That moves all of them at once.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
Brilliant. Server Admin Tools 10.7.2 are just as broken and non-functional as they were when Mac OS X 10.7 was in beta.

Why does Apple hate enterprise so much?

I just downloaded almost 1.2 Gigabytes of updates to be greeted with the same broken OS and apps as I had in July.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Is this really how you slipstream combo updates?

http://www.mactalk.com.au/11/71572-osx-updates-integration-install-dvds.html#post1010578

I'm going to do a fresh Lion install when I get my SSD tomorrow (also having some weird performance issues from upgrading, and it's just time). It would be nice to have 10.7.2 from the get go.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Sigma posted:

When you are in Mission Control, grab the App icon that is on top of the cluster of windows. That moves all of them at once.

This has zero to do with what I want.

What I want (being on Desktop 1 and moving an app from Desktop 3 to Desktop 2) isn't possible in Mission Control. It was possible with Spaces. This is why I am angry.

Harry Totterbottom
Dec 19, 2008
Swipe to desktop 3 in mission control then drag the app to desktop 2. It's not pretty but it does work

What does really annoy me though is that I can't seem to send an application from one monitor to the other.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001

Xenomorph posted:

Brilliant. Server Admin Tools 10.7.2 are just as broken and non-functional as they were when Mac OS X 10.7 was in beta.

Why does Apple hate enterprise so much?

I just downloaded almost 1.2 Gigabytes of updates to be greeted with the same broken OS and apps as I had in July.

Workgroup Manager still fails to connect to any of our servers since updating to 10.7 in July.

It fails to connect, always with this error:
An error of type -14910 occurred.

It has been doing that for three months. This is even on a clean install of 10.7 (not an upgrade).

When I Google that error:

quote:

No results found for "An error of type -14910 occurred.".

I can't believe so few people use Mac OS X Server Admin Tools that Google couldn't fine a single page with the same error on it.

Since July, I just remote into a 10.6 or 10.5 system and run Workgroup Manager that. I shouldn't have to do that.

Besides Workgroup Manager never connecting, the Server Admin tool always displays corrupted icons when browsing the file system. It had issues reading permissions in 10.7.0/10.7.1 (I haven't seen it with 10.7.2. yet).

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:
The one thing I don't like about iCloud: it won't sync app updates. That is, you still have to manually check the App Store on your iOS device to see if there are updates. (Has anyone EVER been automatically notified of app updates via number badge on the App Store icon? I've never seen that happen automatically.) Once you download those updates, your other devices (app library in iTunes, a second iOS device, etc) aren't updated, and you have to manually update those as well.

I hope Apple corrects this at some point soon. iCloud is supposed to automate content management across devices, so having inconsistent app versions despite the fact that new apps will download to all your devices is really strange behavior.

A FUCKTON OF WEED posted:

I just learned that iCloud won't be synching my keychain like MobileMe did. Should I just bite the bullet and get 1Password then? This was a feature that I really liked and kind of relied upon.

Yes. In fact, you should have bought 1Password during its MAS introductory sale. 1Password for iOS (including the universal Pro version) is on sale at the moment, so if you're going to migrate, do it sooner rather than later.

Terpfen fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Oct 12, 2011

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Xenomorph, have you filed a bug report about it? Or checked in the support forums? Honestly, you might want to just pay $99 for a Mac Dev account so you can bounce this error around the developer forums too. I love that place.

Of course none of this excuses the fact that you've been having the same error for three months now.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
What is the version number of the official 10.7.2 update? 11c73 like the GM was?

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
I'd use KeePassX over 1Password.

KeePass is free and supported on Mac/Windows/iOS.

1Password charges for the Mac client, then they charge for their Windows client, and then they charge for their iOS client. Not good if you want it on multiple platforms. Then of course you're locked into their proprietary format.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

jeeves posted:

What is the version number of the official 10.7.2 update? 11c73 like the GM was?

Someone here mentioned it was 11C74, but I haven't installed it yet so I can't verify.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

jeeves posted:

Scroll up.

It's 11C74, so not the GM seed

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro
You can report bugs to Apple with a free developer account. You might have better luck looking at the MacEnterprise mailing list and maybe posting there.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Thanks guys. I just reversioned/installed the GM on my gf's computer yesterday. I'll reversion again and do the official.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

wolffenstein posted:

You can report bugs to Apple with a free developer account.
I thought all you needed was an Apple ID.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

wolffenstein posted:

You can report bugs to Apple with a free developer account. You might have better luck looking at the MacEnterprise mailing list and maybe posting there.

Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean to imply you had to buy a $99 dev account to file bugs, I just meant that $99 might be worthwhile for access to the developer-only forums which seem to be a little more.. in-depth (?).. than the regular support forums.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
...So how do I update the GM to final?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Small White Dragon posted:

...So how do I update the GM to final?

Reversion it, which will take it back to 10.7 or such. Then install the update. Most updates come with a second reversioner installer.