Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

CubanMissile posted:

I love Sanji and Usopp's facial hair, but I think it'll be a while before Usopp's and Zoro's outfits grow on me.

I don't really like Sanji's because it doesn't match his hair color. :/

As far as the swords go, he lost his other sword he bought in Loguetown. The cursed one has the unique pattern. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_sf5smizaY
The white sword he will obviously always have. And he has the super heavy, super strong said to be able to survive being stepped on by an elephant or a dinosaur or something black sword from the zombie.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Oct 11, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

I thought the cursed one was the one that got eaten by a dude with the rust-rust fruit in the Water Seven arc.

I'd have to go back and check, but I thought the Rust guy took out the "not quite as high quality but still pretty good" sword he got as a reward for buying the cursed sword.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
This is getting a bit silly. He has 3 swords at the moment:

Meito; Wado Ichimonji (formerly belonged to Kuina)
Sandai Kitetsu (formerly belonged to Ippon-Matsu)
Meito; Shusui (formerly belonged to Ryuma)

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Roronoa_Zoro/Abilities_and_Powers

He's had previously:
Katana x2 (both were destroyed by Dracule Mihawk)
Johnny and Yosaku's swords (returned to them after the battle)
Meito; Hana Arashi (Sogeking handcuffed to Zoro holding on to Yubashiri. It stopped being used when Sogeking was unlocked from Zoro)
Meito; Yubashiri (formerly belonged to Ippon-Matsu, destroyed at Enies Lobby by Shu, now resting on Thriller Bark)
Marine cutlass x2 (the first one was destroyed by Shu, and the second one was consequently left behind after the immediate battle at Enies Lobby)

Just copy pasted this all from the above link.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

Bobulus posted:

I'd have to go back and check, but I thought the Rust guy took out the "not quite as high quality but still pretty good" sword he got as a reward for buying the cursed sword.

You are absolutely correct on that. Zoro still has the cursed sword.

edit: CubanMissile: I bet Zoro will find the rank 1 Kitetsu somewhere in the New World to replace Sandai Kitetsu.

Fuckshoes fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Oct 11, 2011

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
So according to this link, if you ranked the swords cool enough to have names from 1-4, with 1 being the highest classification, Zoro currently has two #2 grade swords, and one #4 grade sword. He needs to upgrade Sandai Kitetsu or I will be annoyed that one is significantly weaker. :colbert:

Bobulus posted:

I think Yubashiri was of slightly higher quality than the cursed sword.

CubanMissile fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Oct 11, 2011

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Obviously Zoro's going to upgrade to Nidai Kitetsu, and then Shodai Kitetsu at some point.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

WhiffleballDude posted:

Obviously Zoro's going to upgrade to Nidai Kitetsu, and then Shodai Kitetsu at some point.

And the sharingan in his left eye-socket will be upgraded to a three-tomoe sharingan and then to Mangekyou Sharingan (Kuina will be resurrected so that Zoro can push her down another flight of stairs in order to upgrade his eye).

Notwithstanding his new magic eye, he will still manage to get lost in a straight corridor.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Oct 11, 2011

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

JosephWongKS posted:

Notwithstanding his new magic eye, he will still manage to get lost in a straight corridor.
My favorite Zoro scene is still back in Water 7, when he and some other Straw Hats storm Iceberg's mansion/house thing. He's following Nami down a hallway, and when she turns right, he turns left. Gets me every time.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

My favorite Zoro scene is still back in Water 7, when he and some other Straw Hats storm Iceberg's mansion/house thing. He's following Nami down a hallway, and when she turns right, he turns left. Gets me every time.
Good one. There's also that one in the Davy Back Fight filler where he manages to choose the dead end when playing Red Light, Green Light.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Isn't there a similar scene at enies lobby where he's following sanji and somehow ends up going up the wrong flight of stairs?

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Yes there is and I think in that exact same scene Chopper says that he will invent a cure/potion to cure his stupidity.

Also losing an eye as a swords man must be really bad. No more depth perception!

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Suspicious Lump posted:

Also losing an eye as a swords man must be really bad. No more depth perception!

These things happen when one of your sword hands is your face.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Suspicious Lump posted:

I've never been convinced that it's lost. I'd hate to see One Piece ever pull a loving Naruto, but somehow I think there's something crazy going on with his closed eye. Some people have brought up the idea of pirates who wore patches to retain night vision in one eye...but in Zoro's case I think it'd be something far crazier.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
You are probably right Liar (hahaha).

But, talking seriously, I believe pirates wore eye patches so that when they other invaded ships they could swap their eye patch to the other eye enabling them to see below deck without waiting for their eyes to adjust.

Maybe Zoro has had something replace his eye and he only busts it out when he's fighting something extremely strong (a la Kenpachi).

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Suspicious Lump posted:

You are probably right Liar (hahaha).

But, talking seriously, I believe pirates wore eye patches so that when they other invaded ships they could swap their eye patch to the other eye enabling them to see below deck without waiting for their eyes to adjust.

Maybe Zoro has had something replace his eye and he only busts it out when he's fighting something extremely strong (a la Kenpachi).

He really has lost his eye. In times of great crisis, the empty eye-hole becomes the perfect socket for a fourth sword.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

JosephWongKS posted:

He really has lost his eye. In times of great crisis, the empty eye-hole becomes the perfect socket for a fourth sword.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADrojCw6amM

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Suspicious Lump posted:

Luckily losing an eye in an anime has zero effect on your fighting ability.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

CubanMissile posted:

It doesn't have zero effect, it actually makes you stronger. The strongest character possible in anime would be a 150 year old plus man with no tongue, eyes, ears, nose or limbs. That fucker would kung fu your poo poo so hard it'd be wearing a little robe and belt as it came out.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

CubanMissile posted:

Hell, if Zoro had lost both eyes and gone blind he'd of probably of shown up to Sabaody wearing a hat made up of Kizaru's head that he lopped off on his way to meet up with Luffy.

Shapiro
Jun 27, 2005

a jealous female can be tricked into anything

tsob posted:

It doesn't have zero effect, it actually makes you stronger. The strongest character possible in anime would be a 150 year old plus man with no tongue, eyes, ears, nose or limbs. That fucker would kung fu your poo poo so hard it'd be wearing a little robe and belt as it came out.

Hm...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Liar posted:

I've never been convinced that it's lost. I'd hate to see One Piece ever pull a loving Naruto, but somehow I think there's something crazy going on with his closed eye. Some people have brought up the idea of pirates who wore patches to retain night vision in one eye...but in Zoro's case I think it'd be something far crazier.

Im pretty certain that zoros eye will end up being some sort of ridiculous gag in the future. Rather than opening his wounded eye he will probably end up closing his healthy one or something

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Because Zoro gags are better than any skull joke x1000.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

CubanMissile posted:

This particular Zoro gag is a skull joke.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

JosephWongKS posted:

This particular Zoro gag is a skull joke.

You just blew my mind.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

CubanMissile posted:

I have a bone to pick with you over that comment.

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy
Oh come on, I thought it was pretty humerus.

KoB
May 1, 2009

CubanMissile posted:

Zoro is the best. All his attacks are stupid puns.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

KoB posted:

Zoro is the best. All his attacks are delicious puns.
I fixed that for you.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Senor Candle posted:

I fixed that for you.

I meant "stupid" as in Silly, but that too.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

KoB posted:

I meant "stupid" as in Silly, but that too.

Puns are the highest form of comedy.

seigfox
Dec 2, 2005

Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.
The first swordsman-y thing we see post-timeskip Zoro do is cut up a ship, the same way Hawk-Eyes does way back in the Baratie arc. I wonder if that was intentional.

Or maybe whatever training you go through to make you the strongest swordsman also makes you hate ships.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

seigfox posted:

The first swordsman-y thing we see post-timeskip Zoro do is cut up a ship, the same way Hawk-Eyes does way back in the Baratie arc. I wonder if that was intentional.

Or maybe whatever training you go through to make you the strongest swordsman also makes you hate ships.

Can't it be both?

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

seigfox posted:

Mihawk was trying to keep scrubs out of the Grand Line. Zoro is keeping scrubs out of the new world.

SCRUBS

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Nechronic posted:

Mihawk was trying to keep scrubs out of the Grand Line. Zoro is keeping scrubs out of the new world.

SCRUBS

This is what happens when you hang out the side of your best friend's pirate ship.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Nechronic posted:

SCRUBS

It's funny to imagine that Mihawk was actually just lost there, having taken a wrong turn while looking for AlbaqArabasta and like Zoro would, got embarrassed and decided to take it out on Krieg so no one would know.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Has anyone watched the "3D Straw Hat Chase" movie yet?

It's not exactly high cinema, but I thought it was a pretty fun adventure. The 3D was neat at times and the ending action sequence had enough cool hits for me. And there was a dog, I liked the dog. I still can't wait for the next big animated feature though, I hope they can pull off another "Strong World."

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Nechronic posted:

SCRUBS

No devil fruits, swords only, Raftel. :colbert:

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
Episode 519 is up

Also interestingly enough the opening changed slightly from the one we had the past few weeks. I guess now that they showed all the Strawhats after the time skip they can show their new attacks.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
They keep dragging the fakehats out. It's getting really irritating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Oh cool, Kintaros from Kamen Rider Den-O is playing Caribou. That's an interesting choice.

The Fakehats were pretty much just like this in the manga as well, it's the anime that's going slow to try and let Oda get further along. The anime really isn't even doing 1 chapter=1 episode anymore. It's more like 2/3 of one chapter and 1/12 of another, which ends a lot of the episodes in strange spots.