Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.

Day Man posted:

All the data was included in one of the other packs, so it just downloaded a key and finished almost immediately.

I only seem to have 1 RUF in my buy-list too... I think somethings been fiddley someone. I'll check my downloads and media library and poo poo i guess. Cheers :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Captain Hair posted:

I only seem to have 1 RUF in my buy-list too... I think somethings been fiddley someone. I'll check my downloads and media library and poo poo i guess. Cheers :)

Mine was a bit odd, I had to go to the downloads list in account management and redownload one of the packs.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

IOwnCalculus posted:

Does the engine just make one loud "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK" for its sound or something?

I guess they're worried about what message kids will receive when an enormous ATV carrying a mounted minigun sets a 7 minute lap on the Nurburgring.

siig
Apr 4, 2005

Being nice is the shit ...
How long do you guys think it will be before non-Best Buy preorder people can buy a BMW 1M?

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.
Since we can't put cars in the garage with graphics we didn't create ourselves, please tell me that Sunday Punch made it into the LLJK group. If he didn't, that's a real travesty.

Also, we should start thinking about how members get culled. We've filled up the club, but I'm sure that not all 100 members will still be playing Forza 4 in a month -- or even still own it. In the meantime, there will be new members wanting to join, and it sucks to leave a valuable, contributing member out when there are members who will never show up again.

The 100 member limit sucks. My initial idea is to simply recreate the group each month. Those that are still playing or who want to keep playing will find the new group here and join. The members who don't care get culled. But I think that would wipe out any recognition our group earns over time and that kind of sucks.

Off topic, I'll go pull my cars out of the garage tonight. I don't think there's anything exclusive that I've shared.

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

xzzy posted:

I guess they're worried about what message kids will receive when an enormous ATV carrying a mounted minigun sets a 7 minute lap on the Nurburgring.

Replace the minigun with the spoiler from that ridiculous theoretical Red Bull F1 car in GT5, problem solved. The Warthog is supposed to be adaptable to any situation after all! :pseudo:

einTier posted:

Also, we should start thinking about how members get culled.

Start checking gamercards after a few weeks and anyone who hasn't been online in a while gets kicked seems like the best plan, there's four people who are capable of removing inactive members. Making a whole new group every month is just going to cause confusion and fragment everyone even more then they already are.

We have LLJK, GISH as a secondary, and I guess also GTCC but I dunno if that's for serious racing only or what. Plus there will be Euro goon groups by the weekend as well.

BlazeKinser fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Oct 13, 2011

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

siig posted:

How long do you guys think it will be before non-Best Buy preorder people can buy a BMW 1M?

Calling it now: the five preorder cars are on-disc DLC that'll make up half of the first DLC pack. Too bad I know this, yet still bought a season pass.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

BlazeKinser posted:

We have LLJK, GISH as a secondary, and I guess also GTCC but I dunno if that's for serious racing only or what. Plus there will be Euro goon groups by the weekend as well.

GTCC is hardly "serious racing" guys. SynMoo kicked all of our asses in a loving Leaf.

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

IOwnCalculus posted:

GTCC is hardly "serious racing" guys. SynMoo kicked all of our asses in a loving Leaf.

Welp, there we go then. Get your asses to GTCC people, they've got insane hybrids over there too! And looks like only 24 members at current, so plenty of room!

It'd be nice if we had a way to track other clubs specifically to make it easier to keep tabs on each other. Scrolling through the leaderboards is a pain.

Cactachair
Nov 25, 2007

BlazeKinser posted:

We can definitely live without the standard prize cars and F200 cars since pretty much everyone has those. I'd also ask folks to make sure the cars they share are actually driveable, because maxed out econoboxes that can't turn or brake or do anything but ricochet off a wall at 200mph are just a waste of space.

Go to the marketplace from the game's main menu, it's a free download.

The problem I have is that I can't find anywhere how to share anything other than cars with the club. I'd love to just make designs and vinyl groups because I can't tune for poo poo, but it seems that the club sharing is only for other people to take out a car, drive it, and put it back. Is there a hidden "upload design to club" option somewhere? Why the hell would Forza 4 let you create a club, share cars, create a RIVALS section for "Graphic Desginer" (with "score" whatever the gently caress that is), but not let you trade and share vinyl and paint schemes?

I'll pull the Goonbus and Hello Jeep from the garage if you don't want them taking up space.

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

Cactachair posted:

I'll pull the Goonbus and Hello Jeep from the garage if you don't want them taking up space.

No, stuff like that is fine. And to be honest, painting a Hummer like a school bus is actually quite brilliant.

I just didn't want people sharing their entire garages and having a billion standard prize cars and rocket powered beer cans in there making it impossible to find the stuff that people put a lot of effort into.

Cactachair
Nov 25, 2007

BlazeKinser posted:

No, stuff like that is fine. And to be honest, painting a Hummer like a school bus is actually quite brilliant.

I just didn't want people sharing their entire garages and having a billion standard prize cars and rocket powered beer cans in there making it impossible to find the stuff that people put a lot of effort into.

Last I checked, there were three stock Abarth Fiat 500s in the garage. That seems unnecessary.

GarethIW
Feb 25, 2003

The internet destroyed me, but I forgave it
Sent request to SAEG, gametag is IG Fats.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

Cactachair posted:

Last I checked, there were three stock Abarth Fiat 500s in the garage. That seems unnecessary.
Indeed. I'll admit I added a couple of stock cars back when the garage was fairly empty. ...then I realized you could just select stock cars to race with from the menu in multiplayer. So, there's absolutely no need for stock cars in the garage unless they're unicorns.

LunaticAngel
Feb 5, 2006
That random guy in the corner. You know, the one that one that everyone avoids?
To say my LCE was shipped yesterday by Game, having it turn up today was a nice suprise. Sent a request to the SAEG club (LunaticAngel2k). I have a feeling my Uni work isn't going to get done for a good portion of the weekend...

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Attention!

Anyone who wants into the SA Eurogruppen club please give me your gamertag. I think there's alot of plebs trying to get in.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

At bare minimum - we should all check and see that we're not adding a car that'd already there (unless it's a very different paint/tune). I think adding the unicorns was a good idea but there are way too much reward cars in there. I'm guilty of adding one or two the first day - I'll clean my room after work.

did anyone test that shared pre-order cars work? Like the 1M and CR-Z?

pvax fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Oct 13, 2011

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Falken posted:

Attention!

Anyone who wants into the SA Eurogruppen club please give me your gamertag. I think there's alot of plebs trying to get in.

Mines breeet and imma pleb :p

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Falken has kindly made me co-president of the ALMIGHTY EUROGRUPPEN! So if he isn't about to let you in then I can do you the honours. Do me a favour and at least send me a message saying "stairs" or "lljk" or something so I know you're a goon. That way I'm letting neckbeard plebs in.

edit: I have a "IG Fats" asking me for entry. Is that one of you plebs?

Jarf fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Oct 13, 2011

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011

Fucker in charge of you fucking fucks

Holy loving poo poo this game is awesome. I spent a good chunk of time the other night trying to best the SIARPIC track time (last I checked I was 0.062s below fatrick). I'm going to have to try out the car soccer though for sure.

Is there anyway to paint your car flat black? I want to re-create my dream garage first before I start going nuts and making ludicrous paint schemes

Cactachair
Nov 25, 2007

We had a fun time in LLJK last night with "Hummers vs X" physics experiments. An Elise can not push one off the track, and will get sent airborne if rammed from behind while trying to navigate a turn.

The bus design is in the storefront under "goonbus" for the description. It's free. Slap it on and school some pubbies.

Cactachair fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Oct 13, 2011

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Haha - the bus paint is absolutely brilliant!

ROOMBA floorvac
Aug 21, 2004
That's totally going to be my first storefront purchase. :3:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

BlazeKinser posted:

Welp, there we go then. Get your asses to GTCC people, they've got insane hybrids over there too! And looks like only 24 members at current, so plenty of room!

For what it's worth - you should only be jumping into the GTCC group if you plan on getting in on the usual Wednesday night dilz-sucking shenanigans.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
If there is a community dlc pack again, who wants to start a campaign for the ford lightning, 1151 hmmwv (milspec with roughly a billion ft-lbs that tops out at 75), the unimog, mrap, or that crowdsourced off roader that I can't remember the name of?

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pudgygiant posted:

If there is a community dlc pack again, who wants to start a campaign for the ford lightning, 1151 hmmwv (milspec with roughly a billion ft-lbs that tops out at 75), the unimog, mrap, or that crowdsourced off roader that I can't remember the name of?

Jalopnik seems to be working on another community pack for this game; I'm hoping for more mid- to late-'70s "performance" cars like the Chevy Monza (Google Dekon Monza if you're unfamiliar) and the AMC Spirit AMX. Some Can-Am prototypes would be awesome as well.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Pudgygiant posted:

All of those sound awful. This is a racing game.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011

Pudgygiant posted:

Local Motors Rallyfighter

I would buy that thing in a heartbeat if it was in a DLC pack. This game also needs more small pickups like Mazda B2200, Nissan Hardbody, Chevy S-10, or even the GMC Syclone :allears:

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
^ The Syclone's already in, IIRC.

The Lightning wouldn't be too bad, or at least it's no worse than the Saleen F150 and Ram SRT8 they already have. The rest would be awful, even as comedy options.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I just want a 60's VW in this game. :colbert:

Preferably, something '66 or earlier, because they started to get really ugly in '67.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011

xzzy posted:

I just want a 60's VW in this game. :colbert:

Preferably, something '66 or earlier, because they started to get really ugly in '67.

Type 3's and Karmann Ghia's are always gorgeous :colbert:

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.

Falken posted:

Attention!

I'd like in please :) "Captain Hair57"

Got all my DLC working, for whatever reason I had to re-install all 3 DLC's from the dashboard, working fine now. 3 RUFs in my garage and holy poo poo is there alot of muscle cars!

GarethIW
Feb 25, 2003

The internet destroyed me, but I forgave it

Jarf posted:

edit: I have a "IG Fats" asking me for entry. Is that one of you plebs?

FatboYgw posted:

Sent request to SAEG, gametag is IG Fats.

:dance:

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

Day Man posted:

All of those sound awful. This is a racing game.

A racing game with hybrids, Hummers, Jeeps and a goddamn Nissan Altima. None of those exactly have a rich track racing heritage either.

As long as the DLC doesn't fall back into the "9 German 4-Door Executive Cars and A Concept That Nobody Cares About" pattern, I really don't mind what they toss at us. Hell, give us an Automotive Mistakes pack with trash like a Chevy Citation, AMC Gremlin and a Morris Marina, and put up some rival challenges revolving around them.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

MustardFacial posted:

Type 3's and Karmann Ghia's are always gorgeous :colbert:

Okay, true, I guess I should have specified that I want a type 1.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
So Best Buy charged me $8.44 to send me some terrible stupid Forza 4 fuzzy dice that I didn't want. Because they cancelled my LCE on launch day and had already shipped the dice, suddenly I'm responsible for the charges on the "Free" giveaway.

gently caress best buy forever is what I'm saying.

They also never sent me my 1M code.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I want a "Cars that at least 30 people in your High School graduating class owned back in the 90's" pack.

Ford Tempos!
Chevy Cavaliers!
Oldsmobile Cutlass Cieras!
Buick Skylarks!
old-rear end Ford Rangers
old-rear end Chevy S-10s!
Nissan pulsar (I think it was)
Geo Storms!
Dodge Shadow!
Dodge Daytona!
Pontiac Le Mans!

These are all the cars you wish you could have raced with your friends but never could because although gas was still under a dollar, you made poo poo for money and could only afford neons or bass!

Doctor Butts fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Oct 13, 2011

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

:siren: Euro/UK Goons :siren:

The "Something Awful Eurogrüppen" is open for business and we desperately need a recruitment drive.

Sup? 8)

If you're somewhere GMT timezone friendly then lookup [SAEG]. I'm sure we'll have you pouring in tomorrow on the actual release date.

FatboYgw posted:

:dance:

Haha, my bad. I did a quick CTRL+F to see if you were on the spreadsheet then went back to Forza town. GAME OWNS!

Jarf fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Oct 13, 2011

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
I'd actually like to see a lot of older classic cars-I'm talking stuff like '54 Coupe de Ville or even a '48 Tucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

BlazeKinser posted:

A racing game with hybrids, Hummers, Jeeps and a goddamn Nissan Altima. None of those exactly have a rich track racing heritage either.

As long as the DLC doesn't fall back into the "9 German 4-Door Executive Cars and A Concept That Nobody Cares About" pattern, I really don't mind what they toss at us. Hell, give us an Automotive Mistakes pack with trash like a Chevy Citation, AMC Gremlin and a Morris Marina, and put up some rival challenges revolving around them.

I'd really like a Jeep that I could give the Jurassic Park treatment to, though. Or an explorer.

• Locked thread