Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day

ANAmal.net posted:

The best thing about this would be that simulation damage doesn't let you roll yourself back over anymore, so after your first slide into the wall you'd be done unless someone else tipped you back on your wheels.

Did somebody say cat-and-mouse with Veyrons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eligor
Sep 29, 2005
I love to vacuum
Please add me to the Eurogrüppen, GT: Elig0r

Fruitbat
Sep 30, 2004

Jarf posted:

:siren: Euro/UK Goons :siren:

The "Something Awful Eurogrüppen" is open for business and we desperately need a recruitment drive.

UK Goons signing up as soon as i collect my copy in the morning.

Tempted fate and told friends "Forza 4 LE pre-orderd, Ill be off sick friday" I am now full of a cold and cant concentrate at all /fist

Im level 33 on forza 3 and wondering if its worth grinding up to lvl40 to get the DBR9 before I load my save.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

BlazeKinser posted:

Sure enough is. And yes, it still drives like an oil tanker with a broken rudder.

So, completely accurate. With reasonably sticky tires, it was impossible to make my old 240 act up at all - no matter how fast you were going, if you cranked the wheel, it would just scrub speed and turn.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

ANAmal.net posted:

The best thing about this would be that simulation damage doesn't let you roll yourself back over anymore, so after your first slide into the wall you'd be done unless someone else tipped you back on your wheels.

Or at least until another one (already doing barrel rolls) careened into you and caused you to right yourself again. This would last until the next turn and the entire race would just be Robin's launched forward by other Robin's until 2 laps are complete.

This is my dream racing game.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Fruitbat posted:

UK Goons signing up as soon as i collect my copy in the morning.

Tempted fate and told friends "Forza 4 LE pre-orderd, Ill be off sick friday" I am now full of a cold and cant concentrate at all /fist

Im level 33 on forza 3 and wondering if its worth grinding up to lvl40 to get the DBR9 before I load my save.

Shoot me your GT now and I'll send an invite your way so you don't have to wait around for it to be accepted tomorrow.

Also it's not worth grinding FM3 in the slightest, money isn't hard to come by in FM4.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

MustardFacial posted:

Or at least until another one (already doing barrel rolls) careened into you and caused you to right yourself again. This would last until the next turn and the entire race would just be Robin's launched forward by other Robin's until 2 laps are complete.

This is my dream racing game.

Goddamn I would play this endlessly and die laughing the entire time. Best use of a physics engine ever :v:

Rickets
Jul 21, 2006

Them's my dancin' knees!

Doctor Butts posted:

I want a "Cars that at least 30 people in your High School graduating class owned back in the 90's" pack.

Ford Tempos!
Chevy Cavaliers!
Oldsmobile Cutlass Cieras!
Buick Skylarks!
old-rear end Ford Rangers
old-rear end Chevy S-10s!
Nissan pulsar (I think it was)
Geo Storms!
Dodge Shadow!
Dodge Daytona!
Pontiac Le Mans!

These are all the cars you wish you could have raced with your friends but never could because although gas was still under a dollar, you made poo poo for money and could only afford neons or bass!

I like this idea.. everybody wants to drive the poo poo out of their first car, let's see some crappy 80s-90s domestics so we can get our high school drivin' on

Fruitbat
Sep 30, 2004

Jarf posted:

Shoot me your GT now and I'll send an invite your way so you don't have to wait around for it to be accepted tomorrow.

Also it's not worth grinding FM3 in the slightest, money isn't hard to come by in FM4.

GT Fruitbat2097

Im not great and only use a pad (showed wife fanatec stuff, she laughed at me and pointed pointed to house repairs) but did get 1:50 on zonda :)

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

T1g4h posted:

Goddamn I would play this endlessly and die laughing the entire time. Best use of a physics engine ever :v:

The first GTCC race we did on the Top Gear track, I flipped a Stratos on it's side after getting broadsided into the tires, and had to sit there complaining until someone crashed into me, which put me entirely on my roof, until a second person hit me and I could right it.

The game owns, is what I'm saying.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
The r3 ka isn't far off a robin as far as stability goes. I rolled it at least 5 times in one lap, once going 12mph, and I still had the best time and only clean lap. Going to lift it as far as she'll go tonight and gently caress around with some camber and platform settings. My dream is to one day have a car in the top 3% of drag that literally is unable to take corners.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Fruitbat posted:

GT Fruitbat2097

Im not great and only use a pad (showed wife fanatec stuff, she laughed at me and pointed pointed to house repairs) but did get 1:50 on zonda :)

I lied, I got an error message saying they have to have played Forza 4 first. HURP DURP.

Don't worry about your skill level, as long as you're not an rear end in a top hat that crashes into people for fun you'll be more than welcome.

Unless we're playing soccer, good lord I can't wait for a good soccer game.

Munko
Jan 14, 2006
Uh Huh

Jarf posted:

Invite sent. If anybody else wants one just ask.

Mind throwing an invite for the Euro Group my way as well? GT is Ryanry64.

If anyone's faster than me in the Star in a Reasonably Priced car challenge and I have to stay up all night to beat them I will not be best pleased. Rival mode is like crack to me.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Logue posted:

Loving racing the the LLJK crew. I don't even want to know how many hours I've wasted these past few days. However, we really need to clear out our club garage. There's just waaaay too much stuff in it.

The club garage should be for precisely tuned, unique, and/or otherwise hilarious vehicles. If there is a vehicle very similar to yours in there already, maybe reconsider sharing it.

It doesn't help that a couple of dudes have thrown like 7 cars in there.

I put the Cee'd in so people could grab that achievement without having to buy the car.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

JohnWilkesGoonth posted:

I put the Cee'd in so people could grab that achievement without having to buy the car.

You don't have to buy the car you can just drive a stock version in the rival.

you can drive a stock version of any car in in rivals and online without owning it.

maximadigital
Jul 24, 2008

semi-iconic
edit: ok I guess I'll shoot a message once I actually HAVE the game

Also, my 360 is very close to death and I expect a new console purchase in the near future. If I do a full install on my old Xbox, including all the limited edition DLC/whatnot and import my FM3 profile, will I be able to transfer all the relevant files over to the new console using a USB drive or similar (and keep my VIP status active assuming there's a similar "crown" thing going on as there was in FM3)? Don't care about any other data, Forza 4 will probably be the last 360 title I play.

maximadigital fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Oct 13, 2011

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

maximadigital posted:

Another scrub requesting an Eurogrüppen invite, my LE should be here tomorrow. Gamertag: maximadigital

Also, my 360 is very close to death and I expect a new console purchase in the near future. If I do a full install on my old Xbox, including all the limited edition DLC/whatnot and import my FM3 profile, will I be able to transfer all the relevant files over to the new console using a USB drive or similar (and keep my VIP status active assuming there's a similar "crown" thing going on as there was in FM3)? Don't care about any other data, Forza 4 will probably be the last 360 title I play.

You'll have to do a transfer with official xbox transfer kit. if you do it any other way the forza saves will corrupt because they are encrypted and not save/move/copyable.

maximadigital
Jul 24, 2008

semi-iconic

Minimaul posted:

You'll have to do a transfer with official xbox transfer kit. if you do it any other way the forza saves will corrupt because they are encrypted and not save/move/copyable.

Ok thanks, good to know!

Fruitbat
Sep 30, 2004

Jarf posted:

I lied, I got an error message saying they have to have played Forza 4 first. HURP DURP.

Don't worry about your skill level, as long as you're not an rear end in a top hat that crashes into people for fun you'll be more than welcome.

TBH FM4 demo Rivals was the first time id stepped away from pure career mode as I never thought id be good enough to play online and had a tendency to use OCB(other car braking) on corners BUT the rivals demo has been a crash course in proper sim driving for me and now if i crash its due to me loving up an not lazy cornering.

Got a mate signing up as well even though he's new to forza he's given me a really good run on rivals :)

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Minimaul posted:

You don't have to buy the car you can just drive a stock version in the rival.

you can drive a stock version of any car in in rivals and online without owning it.

Oh, that's cool. I hadn't tried any of the rivals stuff yet.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

Rivals mode is going to get really intense in about 2 months when everything has settled down. Right now everyone is just spastically driving whatever they can, but once people really start tuning and the boards are full and it's down to the .02 for improving your time and tuning your car poo poo is going to get real. It's going to be awesome.

New controller sales are going to go through the roof with all the people breaking them in frustration.

Nounverber
Jan 8, 2005
Sent a request to join the LLJK club as gamertag Nounverber2885.

I'm digging the amount of customization you can do in Forza 4 (this is my first racing sim) :haw:

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

Sunday Punch posted:

:allears: I know it's because I have a particular emotional attachment to this paintjob, but I love seeing it.

Haak
Sep 13, 2004

Dammit, not again.

Jarf posted:

Can you wing an invite my way? GT is iHaak. Thanks!

I'm also looking forward to goonball and the resulting carnage. :clint:

SanitysEdge
Jul 28, 2005
My copy of the LCE arrived today.

Only it didnt. When I got home from work there was an opened shipping bag with only an invoice from the place I pre-ordered it from on my doorstep.

Worst day ever.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Jarf posted:

It's football mate, football

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
This game just throws levels, money and cars at you :haw:

And not having to pay for upgrades is fantastic, although it might have been a bit more rewarding to give that particular reward out at higher affinity levels.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Idiot race posted:

It's football mate, football

I was thinking that to myself as I was typing it, it felt dirty. I do it so that I don't confuse the Americans.

Haak posted:

Can you wing an invite my way? GT is iHaak. Thanks!

I'm also looking forward to goonball and the resulting carnage. :clint:

Done and done.

The sounds in this game are absolutely fantastic. The BMW 2002 and the Mazda MX-5 in particular are huge improvements over FM3.

Jarf fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Oct 13, 2011

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Goon races are the best.

Goon races in the GoonbusTM are even better.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Everyone online is nice and has a mic...I was just getting apologized to.

We have a full Circuit Race Multi class room and everyone is great.

:psyduck:

Is this some sort of bizzaro XBL?

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

Cojawfee posted:

Wasn't the Geo Tracker the worst car for roll overs?
No, that was the Suzuki Samurai. Consumer Reports was all kinds of angry about it. I remember there being similar issues about the Ford Bronco II, and a lot of discussion about how much of the rollover characteristics where inherent to the platform and how much was the heavy outriggers they put on it.

dreesemonkey posted:

Speaking of, christ the new camaro is terrible to drive.
It's not so great in real life either. It's certainly fast and has lots of horsepower, but all it wants to do is push. Going around a corner is obviously something it wasn't designed to do.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
I just grabbed this from my local best buy and the lady gave me another case, the Forza Motorsport 4 Pre-Sell Kit? What does this include?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Athanatos posted:

Everyone online is nice and has a mic...I was just getting apologized to.

We have a full Circuit Race Multi class room and everyone is great.

:psyduck:

Is this some sort of bizzaro XBL?

Just wait til Christmas. Then you got kids with leadsleds divebombing turns and shunting you out.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Nounverber posted:

I'm digging the amount of customization you can do in Forza 4 (this is my first racing sim) :haw:

I haven't really looked into the vinyls and decals too much, but are you importing graphics from jpegs and stuff, or are you creating these from scratch? Is there some sort of beginners guide to start making custom decals and stuff?

Cactachair
Nov 25, 2007

Nounverber posted:

I would drive the hell out of that. Once I get done driving the Hello Kitty edition Jeep

Haak
Sep 13, 2004

Dammit, not again.
Hmm something's up with my network apparently. I can race online fine in public lobbies, but not when someone invites me to play from the goon club :(

My first guess is some sort of firewall issue but when every other xbl game doesn't have a problem, I'm not sure why Forza would. Any ideas?

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008

Falken posted:

Attention!

Anyone who wants into the SA Eurogruppen club please give me your gamertag. I think there's alot of plebs trying to get in.
I'd definitely like to take a shot at this! GT is AndroidXP

Though I don't have gold yet and FM4 will arrive earliest coming Monday, depending on how long shipment from the UK takes. Hope there'll still be a free spot once I can finally send the request :)

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Ringo Star Get posted:

Just wait til Christmas. Then you got kids with leadsleds divebombing turns and shunting you out.

I stopped playing online outside of the GTCC because of this. It just isn't worth it to attempt to pass anyone, since 90% of the time they'll just put the both of you into a wall because they either can't drive or don't give a gently caress.

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

I haven't really looked into the vinyls and decals too much, but are you importing graphics from jpegs and stuff, or are you creating these from scratch? Is there some sort of beginners guide to start making custom decals and stuff?

You can't import graphics, but they give you a library of shapes and gradients (and text) that you can stretch and curve and layer up until you get something like the shape you want. It can take a while, because you have to work with like lines and circles. If you want to see some real poo poo, Sunday Punch turns out the illest goddamn decals I've ever fuckken seen on a car.

I guess there are pre-made logos you can use, like Bomex or whatever, if you want to do that.

ANAmal.net fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Oct 13, 2011

Cactachair
Nov 25, 2007

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Seriously, guys. Why do you have to drive so fast this close to the special needs school? We have like 6 short buses full of tards to be delivered home safely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeYvWFg7rsE

There's more, but apparently you can only save up to 30 seconds max per video, and we had some big gaps between really entertaining moments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Anyone have that link that had pictures from the car selection screen for various cars? I want to redo my class number plates but can't get a reference.

• Locked thread