Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I am really at my wit's end with the loving summoning in this game. It's a massive problem. It's just a nightmare of waiting around for someone. I know everyone likes to stroke From's dicks for every decision they make but this is crap. I am so loving tired of hitting brick walls in this broken game. Just patch it you worthless fucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Krinkle posted:

oh, then I already did that. Thanks though! I am just farmin these dogs until someone tells me they don't drop it ever

Actually, if you trade in the rubbish you just get a normal titanite chunk. You can get a white one from trading a sunlight medal.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Well, while I'm here in LI, should I at least unhollow, is there a NPC black phantom that invades for groovy gear or anything?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Speedball posted:

How and when do you gain the ability to teleport between bonfires?

ring both bells, climb sen's fortressclear sky londoacquire the lordvessel

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

DeathSandwich posted:

Well, while I'm here in LI, should I at least unhollow, is there a NPC black phantom that invades for groovy gear or anything?
Right before the boss there is, yeah.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Krinkle posted:

oh, then I already did that. Thanks though! I am just farmin these dogs until someone tells me they don't drop it ever
I've never seem them drop it, though maybe somebody here has. What I can confirm does drop it are the skeleton towers.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

NESguerilla posted:

I am really at my wit's end with the loving summoning in this game. It's a massive problem. It's just a nightmare of waiting around for someone. I know everyone likes to stroke From's dicks for every decision they make but this is crap. I am so loving tired of hitting brick walls in this broken game. Just patch it you worthless fucks.

I don't think a single person in this thread has had anything but negative things to say about the multiplayer. They said a patch is coming at the end of the month.

ManSauceGuzzlr
Jul 18, 2004

"That man...I'm...fascinated by him. That look...his whole look. It's hypnotic."
Can anybody who has upgraded a weapon to +10 please tell me why I can't get mine above +8, I have like 7 large Titanite shard, does it not show up in the modify equipment menu because I don't have enough souls? Do I need regular Titanite shards or something? Please help I'm really out of ideas.

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho
He was my favorite NPC. The only guy who seemed to genuinely like you and want to be your friend. He wasn't crazy or anything. Honest! Pour one out for my little homie. I'll be killing you once I go item farming you poor, beautiful bastard.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ManSauceGuzzlr posted:

Can anybody who has upgraded a weapon to +10 please tell me why I can't get mine above +8, I have like 7 large Titanite shard, does it not show up in the modify equipment menu because I don't have enough souls? Do I need regular Titanite shards or something? Please help I'm really out of ideas.

You don't do it at Modify Equipment, you do it at Reinforce Weapons/Armor.

quote:

The only guy who seemed to genuinely like you and want to be your friend.

The first sorcerer trainer is a pretty okay guy too.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

ManSauceGuzzlr posted:

Use reinforce weapon, not modify. You only need modify to take steps that need an ember like +5 to +6 or +10 to lightning and poo poo.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Actually, if you trade in the rubbish you just get a normal titanite chunk. You can get a white one from trading a sunlight medal.

thank you so much. I hope I don't regret making a great scythe occult +5

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

bat duck posted:

Jesus christ, just got invaded 5 times in a row in he forest. The ring that makes you impossible to lock on to is bullshit, if I didn't have a horizontal slash weapon I'd be hosed.

It wouldn't be nearly as stupid of an item, if there was some way to fix your direction of facing so you could at least move backwards or sideways with a raised guard. As it is, the assholes wearing the ring just beat you over the head with the fact that such a function was omitted.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Whoever mentioned being invaded by a Dark Spirit Knight Kirk that was a dumbass about 15 pages ago...welp he invaded me just now.

He rounded a corner, I jump attacked with the demon machete and then followed up with two more swings. He didn't even touch me.

A Total Melvin
Mar 13, 2006

IT'S DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE, TAKE THIS.
So I'm SL43. I want to continue down my path of bulking up to be a big melee warrior. Any advice? Should I just stick to Vitality, Endurance, Strength, and Resistance? Any reason for me to lay down points in any other slot?

ManSauceGuzzlr
Jul 18, 2004

"That man...I'm...fascinated by him. That look...his whole look. It's hypnotic."

Crowbear posted:

Use reinforce weapon, not modify. You only need modify to take steps that need an ember like +5 to +6 or +10 to lightning and poo poo.

Wow I feel like an idiot, I swear to god that I had to go through modify equipment for +6,+7, and +8 though, really weird. Anyway thanks!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Can anyone tell me the damage difference between Crystal Soul Spear and Sunlight Spear? Both look really nice and the prospect of using the ability Gwyn used to blow up the dragons in the prologue is really appealing. I have a lot more points in Intelligence than in Faith right now, however.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Megasabin posted:

I don't think a single person in this thread has had anything but negative things to say about the multiplayer. They said a patch is coming at the end of the month.

I guess that a relief but it's still to little too late.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Ramsus posted:

Whoever mentioned being invaded by a Dark Spirit Knight Kirk that was a dumbass about 15 pages ago...welp he invaded me just now.

He rounded a corner, I jump attacked with the demon machete and then followed up with two more swings. He didn't even touch me.
That's an NPC, not a real player.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
So after beating the Carpe Demon I decided to plunge headlong into the depths. While I'm sure after a while it's going to get old, the atmosphere in the sewers is pretty great. I was moving slowly jumping at every sound. I made it past the rat king and down to the bottom of a vast room. By this time I had 2 flasks left, but I decided, gently caress retreating, I NEED to see whats on the other side of this fog. Holy poo poo was that a great boss reveal. I was all, ok so it's some sort of alligaOHFUCK!

Need to sleep now but goddamn I cannot wait to take that fucker down!

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Man I'm getting summoned waaaaaayyyyy less often for Ornstein and Smough since I joined the Warriors of Sunlight.

I don't know if it's because the random morons can't distinguish the golden summon sign from messages or what, but I've gone from a summon every 10-15 minutes to a summon every 45-60 minutes.

It loving sucks waiting almost an hour just to have the host die in some incredibly retarded fashion.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
So.... What tips do goons have for the Four Kings?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
What's the best upgrade path for the Iaito? I'm feeling making it just straight +15.

Loofa08
Apr 17, 2008
Does every area after Anor Londo get progressively harder? Because at this point in the game I'm having less and less fun. Before it was always hard but doable...now it seems like every area...every corner has something super annoying/loving ridiculous. For me in Demon's Souls the game started out hard...then sometime after the Flame Lurker and Maneaters it started getting progressively easier.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Revitalized posted:

Heaviest armor you have, Iron Flesh, 2-hand your weapon and go to town. Heal while you're waiting for your stamina to recharge.

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice

Revitalized posted:

Equip heavy, gently caress-off armor and two hand your sword. gently caress their poo poo up. Seriously.

Any tips for Lost Izalith? I know the dragons can hurt each other, but anything else? Is the place I need to go straight ahead from where you start?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Guliani is HOT posted:

Heaviest armor you have, Iron Flesh, 2-hand your weapon and go to town. Heal while you're waiting for your stamina to recharge.

Bah I missed Iron Flesh because pyroman went loony before I could get it from him.

My heaviest is Havel's...

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

thoraxfetish.com posted:

Equip heavy, gently caress-off armor and two hand your sword. gently caress their poo poo up. Seriously.

Any tips for Lost Izalith? I know the dragons can hurt each other, but anything else? Is the place I need to go straight ahead from where you start?

There are two towers, the second one has a bonfire behind an illusory door. The dragon fuckers don't respawn. If you die in the lava, you won't be able to see your bloodstain. From the second tower bonfire, you'll see what looks like a crashed bridge or hallway that you run up to to keep going.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

thoraxfetish.com posted:

Your first destination is the second tower (you can see the first one directly ahead from the path succeeding the bonfire.) Get the bonfire in there, then you run straight ahead from that bonfire to a winding branch leading up the wall.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
If you're farming slimes in the Depths, use pyromancy. I one-shot them, even with a meager fireball.

edit: I swear to god I'm getting better farm with 0 humanity than I was getting with 29.

KingOHearts
Jan 19, 2009
I just read on the wikidot something about vagrants(black phantom npc) that appear due to someone else dropping items in their world. Has anyone seen one of these black phantoms? It seems to me that no one would be dropping anything in dark souls due to the lack of an item burden etc.

ericthebear
Mar 4, 2011
Anyone on xbox wanna lowball Quelaag? lvls 1-20, right meow

Edit: Nevermind, she's dead. Although if you are 1-20 and need help I will be glad to beat the snot out of her again.

ericthebear fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Oct 14, 2011

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

KingOHearts posted:

I just read on the wikidot something about vagrants(black phantom npc) that appear due to someone else dropping items in their world. Has anyone seen one of these black phantoms? It seems to me that no one would be dropping anything in dark souls due to the lack of an item burden etc.
I've dropped a massive amount of items. All of the crap items from junk enemies that I pick up hoping for titanite/souls go right back on the ground.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?
Me, Solaire and a random summoned dude just took out Gaping Dragon on my first go - tail and all :c00lbert:

That said, it felt like the combat took ages. Were we missing something, or is it just a looooong fight of going after the butt and managing stamina?

neetz
Mar 28, 2010
Looking for a little direction/advice from people with some late (possibly, I'm not sure) game knowledge.

I'm running a Faith build and having a fun time. Sad thing is, I only have two offensive miracles and only Greater Lightning Spear is particularly useful, so I'm supplementing with lots of pyromancy. I've heard that Rhea will teach you miracles if you rescue her from Tomb of the Giants (?). I've never been there but, by all accounts, the place is a loving nightmare and can potentially ruin your game by preventing your exit. Is it worth trekking in having not yet beaten Anor Londo? I want to erupt with the Wrath of God again. I understand she can be killed by that bloated bellend Petrus too.........man, this game can be a pain!

Using miracles has been super fun so far and Greater Lightning Spear is visually amazing but my pyromancy stuff still trumps it for sheer damage. GLS comes out tops in numbers of casts, distance and general usability though. Cast time is a little long but you're throwing a loving lightning bolt, goddamn! Karmic Justice is bloody fantastic too, a pretty situational Second Chance for the most part.

A Total Melvin
Mar 13, 2006

IT'S DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE, TAKE THIS.

Shalinor posted:

Me, Solaire and a random summoned dude just took out Gaping Dragon on my first go - tail and all :c00lbert:

That said, it felt like the combat took ages. Were we missing something, or is it just a looooong fight of going after the butt and managing stamina?

I found that it was the longest boss fight because you have to be pretty patient him. Not to mention he has a poo poo load of health.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
I hate the Crystal Cave so goddamn much, I don't even want to know how many times I am going to die to Seathe once I finally get past it. Silly me throwing out some humanity in a vain hope that someone would actually -want- to be summoned for all that poo poo. SL 54 and staring miserably down into twinkle cave.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

neetz posted:

I'm running a Faith build and having a fun time. Sad thing is, I only have two offensive miracles and only Greater Lightning Spear is particularly useful, so I'm supplementing with lots of pyromancy. I've heard that Rhea will teach you miracles if you rescue her from Tomb of the Giants (?). I've never been there but, by all accounts, the place is a loving nightmare and can potentially ruin your game by preventing your exit. Is it worth trekking in having not yet beaten Anor Londo? I want to erupt with the Wrath of God again. I understand she can be killed by that bloated bellend Petrus too.........man, this game can be a pain!
Kill him. I still feel a bit bad, but then I just realize that he was a terrible person. He abandoned his comrades and then would kill the survivor just so nobody would know. He deserved death.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
If you kill a fire keeper can you still warp to their bonfire?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

andrew smash posted:

If you kill a fire keeper can you still warp to their bonfire?

I was able to warp to Firelink when the Keeper was dead. Don't know about any of the others though.

• Locked thread