Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

50 Foot Ant posted:

I've got my build:

Gobi Sniper Rifle for when I want to snipe
Gobi Sniper Rifle for when they're getting close
Bloody Mess and the Gobi Sniper Rifle for when I want to blow them up
Boone and the Gobi Sniper Rifle for when I have to spray and pray
Gobi Sniper Rifle for depopulation

GO GO GOBI SNIPER RIFLE!

I only found this recently and it finally offered me a replacement for THIS MACHINE, I love it so much.

Also.... Boone won't put his loving beret back on! I can't even remember how it came off in the first place, but he loving refuses to put it back on no matter what I do. Put your goddamn beret on Boone, you look naked without it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Jerusalem posted:

I only found this recently and it finally offered me a replacement for THIS MACHINE, I love it so much.

Also.... Boone won't put his loving beret back on! I can't even remember how it came off in the first place, but he loving refuses to put it back on no matter what I do. Put your goddamn beret on Boone, you look naked without it!

You gave him something with nonzero armor value? Yeah they won't switch back.

I've got him running around with a Frumentarii doghat, looks good feels good.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
I use the fully upgraded katana because I feel like I would be ruining people's expectations of me if I didn't.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

Nostalgia4ColdWar fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Mar 31, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I just started Lonesome Road, and "Sneaky Beeping" and "Evasive Beeping" are just brilliant.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

50 Foot Ant posted:

What's this? Naked girls? Ok.
What's this? A glow in the dark Tron suit? OK.
OOOoh, makeover for New Vegas Strip? Yoink!
What's this? Animated whores? Ummm... OK. Sure, as long as I can shoot them.
Gun Runner mods? Bitching!
Underground hideout with trophy room? gently caress YEAH!

This sounds... familiar.

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.

ClearAirTurbulence posted:

Did Fallout start downloading an update yesterday for anybody else who has it on Steam? I can't find anything about it online, and it's really pissing me off, my internet connection is slow and it looks like I won't be able to play this weekend as it updates the whole 9GB.

Weird, Steam crashed while it was showing me as having 100MB of 9400MB downloaded, and when I restarted it shows me now at 6800MB of 9400 downloaded. It looks like it's not actually downloading the whole thing, it's just updating files like when patches come out and scare you to death making you think they have to download a few GB when it's just a few hundred MB. I have no idea why it's updating at all, though, I haven't changed anything or checked file integrity, and I haven't had any problems with NV at all since finishing Lonesome Road (which has been the only part of the game that crashed with any regularity for me).

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Did Fallout start downloading an update yesterday for anybody else who has it on Steam? I can't find anything about it online, and it's really pissing me off, my internet connection is slow and it looks like I won't be able to play this weekend as it updates the whole 9GB.

I get this every time I restart the computer. It is a major annoyance. ATM without using an alternate launcher the game just won't start. I'm not certain how common it is but there are other people with the problem. It may be related to modding, but it started being iffy out of the blue, a few weeks after I'd installed the last mod. I'm going to try a full clean install after wiping the entire directory (sans backed up saves), but I've already had to re-"update" the game in full (all 9 gigs of it) three or five times, it ridiculous.

e:

Weird, Steam crashed while it was showing me as having 100MB of 9400MB downloaded, and when I restarted it shows me now at 6800MB of 9400 downloaded. It looks like it's not actually downloading the whole thing, it's just updating files like when patches come out and scare you to death making you think they have to download a few GB when it's just a few hundred MB. I have no idea why it's updating at all, though, I haven't changed anything or checked file integrity, and I haven't had any problems with NV at all since finishing Lonesome Road (which has been the only part of the game that crashed with any regularity for me).

It's done that to me a few times too, but occasionally it forces me to download in full.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
I have this loadout, as :patriot: as it gets.

-American Generals Uniform :911:
-First Recon Beret :ca:
-Authority Glasses. :c00l:
-All American /w 5.56 Hand Loaded Match Ammo. :patriot:
-A Shining Light in the Darkness /w .45 Super Hand Load ammo. :fsmug:
-Blood-Nap (Unique Bowie Knife) :ese:
-Lots, lots of alcohol.

Also to get my :clint: on when i like it:

-Courier Duster.
-Desperado Cowboy Hat.
-Lucky /w .357 Hand Loaded Ammo.
-Medicine Stick /w 45-75 Hand Load
-Chances Knife.
-Unreasonable amounts of Dynamite.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Vault 31 (32?) security uniform, first recon beret, modded Elijah's LAER and Esther with big kid and tiny tots nukes gets me through every situation. Really, I could drop the LAER too. All you need are mini nukes.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

Nostalgia4ColdWar fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Mar 31, 2017

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Galewolf posted:

I have this loadout, as :patriot: as it gets.

-American Generals Uniform :911:
-First Recon Beret :ca:
-Authority Glasses. :c00l:
-All American /w 5.56 Hand Loaded Match Ammo. :patriot:
-A Shining Light in the Darkness /w .45 Super Hand Load ammo. :fsmug:
-Blood-Nap (Unique Bowie Knife) :ese:
-Lots, lots of alcohol.

You should make this your home base.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=43749

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
I usually have to be (slightly) conservative in my weapons haulage...

...because I tend to carry 1-2 of every footstuff that Gecko Steak or better, one of each non-unique Alcohol unless I'm saving it for crafting or rarity (Absinthe, Jake Juice, Vodka and Wine), and 2 Nukas/Sunsets. Plus a Doctor's Bag. And a few of every poison I can find/make. And some of whatever else is useful/could be useful/might be used once in the game maybe.

Hell, I carry around the Doggie Treat, in case I run across some situation where it's needed. (And now there's two of 'em.)

Next run is going to be different - only weapon will be Signature Lucky. Armour will be Signature <whatever gunslinger suit I like best>. All alcohol/drugs/magazines will be consumed upon being acquired.

Logan's Loophole? Never heard of it... you got any Scotch? How about Mentats?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Zorak posted:

I use the fully upgraded katana because I feel like I would be ruining people's expectations of me if I didn't.

I'm doing a gimmick Hardcore run right now where I'm playing as Buddy from Six String Samurai. I'm going to use the katana for most of my killing, and maybe some explosives. If I use any unarmed weapons they'll just be brass or spiked knuckles.

On all of my other characters I keep like a dozen weapons on me at all times, and 20+ more stashed away in the Portable Tent from the Portable Tent Mod.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Nostalgia4ColdWar fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Mar 31, 2017

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
So what are the tips for fighting that gigantic gently caress off Deathclaw in TLR?

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Nostalgia4ColdWar fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Mar 31, 2017

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I think I'll go unlock the ole' Gobi Sniper Rifle again.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

50 Foot Ant posted:

Lately me and some friends have been grabbing the most outrageous mods we can find on the Nexus.

What's this? Naked girls? Ok.
What's this? A glow in the dark Tron suit? OK.
OOOoh, makeover for New Vegas Strip? Yoink!
What's this? Animated whores? Ummm... OK. Sure, as long as I can shoot them.
Gun Runner mods? Bitching!
Underground hideout with trophy room? gently caress YEAH!

That sounds completely awesome. You oughta take a peek at the modding thread to help your collaborative modding insanity. There's a few Goon-made ones that aren't on Nexus you may have some fun with!

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Nostalgia4ColdWar fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Mar 31, 2017

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

SeanBeansShako posted:

So what are the tips for fighting that gigantic gently caress off Deathclaw in TLR?

Honestly? Remembering that he's just a Deathclaw like any other, and hitting him with the flare gun every so often. Then kill him with whatever you want. Melee more of a bitch, because you have to catch up to his running away rear end and that wastes time while he's on fire. Second the fire goes out he'll hit you, and it's physically impossible to take more than I think....3 shots from him. And that's with all relevant drugs and Perks and the like. Most characters will be one shot.

So yeah, most sane people shoot him with a very large gun, in the face, very far away.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Rawr is easy. A couple nukes to the face, or just drug yourself up and shoot his legs so he can't chase you. Simple.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I am determined to gently caress him up as he impolitely spawned on me just as I was listening to the NCR distress call message.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Oct 15, 2011

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

SeanBeansShako posted:

Riot Shotgun with Shotgun Surgeon and And Stay Back! perks. Deathclaws can't do poo poo when turned into helpless ragdolls.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Starhawk64 posted:

Riot Shotgun with Shotgun Surgeon and And Stay Back! perks. Deathclaws can't do poo poo when turned into helpless ragdolls.

Of course I already have both of those, so I guess taking down will be easier than I thought.

Doug Lombardi
Jan 18, 2005

SeanBeansShako posted:

If you shoot him with the flare gun he runs underneath a precariously placed warhead.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Doug Lombardi posted:

If you shoot him with the flare gun he runs underneath a precariously placed warhead.

Wait, Fire can trigger warheads in TLR?

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Psycho, Slasher, Steady, Med-X+AP Rounds=Dead Rawr but if it gets close you are hosed because iirc Deathclaw claws ignore DT or just deal unreasonable amounts of damage. Pumping it full of 5mm AP with Avenger Minigun works too.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

SeanBeansShako posted:

Wait, Fire can trigger warheads in TLR?

Nope, you have to use laser detonator but the flare thing is scripted i guess. If you read the NCR holotape at the entrance it hints this trick (also work with Flashbangs i presume).

Doug Lombardi
Jan 18, 2005

Galewolf posted:

Nope, you have to use laser detonator but the flare thing is scripted i guess. If you read the NCR holotape at the entrance it hints this trick (also work with Flashbangs i presume).

Flashbangs just frenzy Tunnelers, they just have a debuff effect on everything else.

Magnets!
Mar 11, 2011
Riot Shotgun is the best shotgun.

It's how I like to say "Hello" to the friendly populace of the mojave wastes.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
It annoys me more than it should that there is a unique sawed-off and a unique hunting shotgun, but the riot shotgun, the best shotgun in the game, only comes in vanilla. I don't even think its moddable! Even GRA somehow overlooked this (even as it added several more unique rifles).

Where's the shotgun love, rope kid?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Is there anything in the DLC, or the game at all that can withstand a max charge stealth headshot from the YCS (assuming you don't use it in VATS)?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The shotgun love is 'And Stay Back.' You know this. :allears:

Doug Lombardi
Jan 18, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

Is there anything in the DLC, or the game at all that can withstand a max charge stealth headshot from the YCS (assuming you don't use it in VATS)?

Ulysses and highly leveled DLC bosses.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Nostalgia4ColdWar fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Mar 31, 2017

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

50 Foot Ant posted:

Big version NSFW due to post-apocalyptic rear end cheeks.

Chainsaw is how we roll in the wastelands, baby!
Why are you grey?

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Nostalgia4ColdWar fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Mar 31, 2017

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

50 Foot Ant posted:

Because that's how Naked Chainsaw Psycho Bitch rolls!

I was going for the "dead woman walking" look in the character creator. I've got a mod that gives me weird eyes, so here eyes look like something off of Night of the Living Dead, her skins all greyish and her hair is bright pink.

This is my fuckoff kill everything that annoys me, run through the streets of New Vegas with a chainsaw, gently caress the plot, everyone must die, WHO RUNS BARTER TOWN! game.

Her skin was originally bluish tinted, but in OWB I used the med-doctor to change it to grey.

I had a mod that added swirling tribal tattoos to her, but then I found out that it did it to everyone, so I uninstalled the mod.

I WANNA BE SPECIAL, DAMMIT!

:ughh: You're fresh off thenexus aren't you.

Node fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Oct 15, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Doug Lombardi posted:

Ulysses and highly leveled DLC bosses.

And Lanius if you have the DLCs installed (he kind of scales with you after 30)

edit: and Joshua Graham, good lord. For shits and giggles I did a point blank sneak on him with Dinner Bell and Shotgun Surgeon and I think I did maybe 15%? Of course he casually got up and blew me away.