Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I've been listening to fgfc820 a lot lately, do you guys have any recommendations for stuff in that vein?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

KMFDM - A Drug Against Wall Street. Basically a 2011 version of Drug Against War :haw:

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

KMFDM - A Drug Against Wall Street. Basically a 2011 version of Drug Against War :haw:

This rules

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Owns.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Oh man:

quote:

On Sunday 30 October 2011 Hasselt (BE) will host the best of new wave, EBM, electro, synthpop, post punk, darkwave and industrial on SINNER'S DAY. Playing as well is FRONT 242 ! For this 3rd edition the festival will work with 2 stages in the main hall of the Ethias Arena so that visitors no longer need to choose between 2 different halls.

Other bands playing include RECOIL (UK), THE CULT (UK), THE PSYCHEDELIC FURS (UK), THE EXPLOITED (UK), JOHN FOXX AND THE MATHS (UK), BLANCMANGE (UK), DIAMANDA GALAS (USA), KMFDM (GER), THE MISSION (UK), KARL BARTOS (GER), VISAGE (UK) and PATTI SMITH (USA).

Doors open at 12AM, and the first show will start at 1PM. The last band will end at around 1AM, followed by after party. Tickets are only 58 euro in pre-sale, so head for https://www.sinnersday.com to get hold of yours!

242 and Diamanda :swoon:

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

boo_radley posted:

THE MISSION (UK)
Heh.

Can't believe Visage and The Cult are still around.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

teethgrinder posted:

Heh.

Can't believe Visage and The Cult are still around.

I can't believe almost all of those artists are still around.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
I can't believe some of them are still alive :v:

But seriously, I threw in a couple Mission CDs last night and I was totally non-plussed. Like we'd gone to a restaurant my wife likes for her birthday, but I don't really think it's that hot, but I'm not going to complain because it's her birthday. That's what the Mission listening experience was for me last night.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Danger - Octopus! posted:

I can't believe almost all of those artists are still around.
Much of them are still somewhat/quite relevant though. KMFDM surprisingly. I'd written them off five years ago, but they've somehow recaptured some of the magic recently. See: A Drug Against Wallstreet heh.

I can't say the same for Cult, Visage, Psychedelic Furs, etc.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
John Foxx is playing in Glasgow next weekend and I'm still not sure if I want go to see him. I like individual songs of his, but I never want to listen to more than two or three in one go.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

boo_radley posted:

I can't believe some of them are still alive :v:

But seriously, I threw in a couple Mission CDs last night and I was totally non-plussed. Like we'd gone to a restaurant my wife likes for her birthday, but I don't really think it's that hot, but I'm not going to complain because it's her birthday. That's what the Mission listening experience was for me last night.

Eldritch may be a total cock but at least he delivers.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Pope Guilty posted:

Eldritch may be a total cock but at least he delivers.

Floodland is basically the greatest album ever. I regret nothing.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Floodland is incredible. In fact, going to queue it up after Daydream Nation, which is on due to Thurston & Kim breaking up after something ridiculous like 27 years of marriage.

I do like Vision Thing quite a bit too, but it's not on the same level.

So I forgot to go to EBMfest today, heh. I could still go, but frankly I'm, sick, tired, and still hung over as gently caress from hanging out with my EBM friends last night anyway.

(Line up is Funker Vogt, Decoded Feedback, Ayria, Fractured & Prospero)

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Jumping on the Floodland is incredible train. It was the first album I ever listened to and enjoyed that wasn't some kind of punk rock (or Graceland, shut up), and kind of led to everything else.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
God I would love to see Visage. I had no idea they were still doing shows. Have to keep a watch on them.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Is Visage still made up of Steve Strange + Seize? I really liked Seize around 2003-2004.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Is Visage still made up of Steve Strange + Seize? I really liked Seize around 2003-2004.

HOLY poo poo today I have learned. That's blown my mind.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Furret Basket posted:

HOLY poo poo today I have learned. That's blown my mind.

I used to really fancy the woman in Seize who isn't Sandrine, that's how I know this to be honest.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Cevin Key at his finest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9PbqPKQGDA

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

teethgrinder posted:

Cevin Key at his finest:

That's awesome.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

teethgrinder posted:

Cevin Key at his finest:

Wow, *the singer's got Peter Murphy down pat.

:downs:

boo_radley fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Oct 17, 2011

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

(Cevin is the guy hitting the synth drums occasionally)

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Pope Guilty posted:

Oh my loving god, just look who Angelspit are touring with.

Was thinking about going to this, but I searched YouTube for this Blood on the Dance Floor and now I don't think I want to go, even for Angelspit. Their music seriously sounds like Justin Bieber to me.

Dickbutt Ouroboros
Nov 13, 2002

handbandit?
Son of a bitch!

Yea, I accidentally followed a link to Blood on the Dance Floor yesterday. I was embarrassed for them.

Also, here's another new-wave video I'm sure someone would love to forget ever existed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sET1lhBMNiU

W424
Oct 21, 2010

handbandit posted:

Also, here's another new-wave video I'm sure someone would love to forget ever existed.

Pre guitar Ministry beats the poo poo out of post Filth Pig Ministry.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

handbandit posted:

Yea, I accidentally followed a link to Blood on the Dance Floor yesterday. I was embarrassed for them.

I can't stand Ministry but this is great :3:

Dickbutt Ouroboros
Nov 13, 2002

handbandit?
Son of a bitch!

I actually prefer new wave Ministry to most everything they've done since. I'm pretty sure Uncle Al isn't too proud of it, though.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

W424 posted:

Pre guitar Ministry beats the poo poo out of post Filth Pig Ministry.

You are not even a little kidding.

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

I WILL DEVOUR YOUR BALLS!
:quagmire:
A few people think Trent Reznor peaked with NIN - The Fragile.. personally I think everything was poo poo after he left Slam Bamboo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-rwSEO8U1k

God.. the 80's.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The Cleaner posted:

A few people think Trent Reznor peaked with NIN - The Fragile.. personally I think everything was poo poo after he left Slam Bamboo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-rwSEO8U1k

God.. the 80's.

I didn't know what to expect when I checked this video out. I was like "how am I gonna recognize 80s Trent? Does he have some crazy loving hair like the other guys? Where's the keyb... oh."

Love it how he doesn't fit in with the rest of the band at all.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!
well that's it, i quit industrial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BMWq4AERzk

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Twiin posted:

I was already slightly embarassed that I'm going to a festival that Nachtmahr are playing at next year. Now, more so.

As Spinal Tap said, it's a fine line between clever and stupid. In this instance, Laibach are clever. Nachtmahr? Not so much.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Thanks for reminding me that I absolutely despise everything Thomas Rainer does

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Thanks for reminding me that I absolutely despise everything Thomas Rainer does

yeah, but if he carries it out to its logical conclusion, soon Thomas Rainer will be in der muttibunker, preparing his last will and testament. :v:

It's really odd, but there are some neofolk acts are a lot more spooky (terrifying) than anything he's done, and they manage it with just a guitar and violin.

edit: wait a minute, he was in lame immortelle, wasn't he?

boo_radley fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 18, 2011

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

boo_radley posted:

yeah, but if he carries it out to its logical conclusion, soon Thomas Rainer will be in der muttibunker, preparing his last will and testament. :v:

It's really odd, but there are some neofolk acts are a lot more spooky (terrifying) than anything he's done, and they manage it with just a guitar and violin.

edit: wait a minute, he was in lame immortelle, wasn't he?

Yeah, he was. I also hate L'âme Immortelle and word on the street has it they are huge dicks.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Yeah, he was. I also hate L'âme Immortelle and word on the street has it they are huge dicks.

You'd have to be to make music that bad.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

For the lot of you that have yet to seek out or care to be bothered with the handOver leak, Revolver magazine is premiering "Village" off of the new album.

The track has had a love/hate treatment at litany, with some muttering that it "sounds too much like KMFDM."

Turn it up. See if it sticks.

Zaiquiri
Mar 14, 2007

Twiin posted:

Oh my god they literally match up the beat to him brutalizing a woman

hatelull posted:

For the lot of you that have yet to seek out or care to be bothered with the handOver leak, Revolver magazine is premiering "Village" off of the new album.

The track has had a love/hate treatment at litany, with some muttering that it "sounds too much like KMFDM."

Turn it up. See if it sticks.
When I first heard the opening to that song I thought it was Sascha singing. I like the album overall but The Village is the weakest track

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

That video is one of the most disgraceful things I've ever seen. I actually feel embarrased.

[edit]

I like that Puppy song though. *phew*

Babby Sathanas fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Oct 18, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dickbutt Ouroboros
Nov 13, 2002

handbandit?
Son of a bitch!

I think I was scarred by that Blood on the Dance Floor exposure. Now that I know just how much worse it can get, Nachtmahr just looks like generic, formulatic EBM crap.