Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GreenMarine posted:

This may be a problem with your level or your firewall.

At ~50 my blue sphere was constantly working and I was pvping all night last night. I also had my ring on so I could be summoned, but I found those fights to be a lot harder. The darkwraiths are always prepared and well geared for pvp. The blue sphere guilty are sometimes prepared and sometimes evenly matched and sometimes clueless.

I can get summoned (sometimes) and I have no problems on other games, but multi just doesn't want to work. Does it matter where you use the orb? Also I'm level 48, if it helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Elysiume posted:

How do I get Chaos Fireball? Is it better than Great Fireball?

Join the Chaos Servant covenant. It does more damage and leaves a pool of lava that does even more damage to any enemies that step in it.

It takes 2 attunement slots though.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Crowbear posted:

Join the Chaos Servant covenant. It does more damage and leaves a pool of lava that does even more damage to any enemies that step in it.

It takes 2 attunement slots though.
What happens if I step in the lava? That sounds worrisome.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Elysiume posted:

What happens if I step in the lava? That sounds worrisome.

Doesn't hurt you

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
I've become obsessed with killing that titanite demon in Anor Londo, the one who's in a tiny tiny room somewhat near the final boss door. And I just can't. This one has like quadruple the hitpoints of the ones in Sen's Fortress and in the small room I just can't maneuver to kill the drat thing. Advice?

Also, I had a great moment in stupidity when I farmed up a whole bunch of souls at the forest door to buy a bunch of mats to craft a few weapons with. I needed one more titanite shard from the blacksmith and with a last second slip of the finger, bought 49 of them instead. And then I had to go farm some more because I no longer had the souls to use the single titanite shard I needed.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Crowbear posted:

Doesn't hurt you
Sounds awesome. How many casts does it get?

What exactly is the deal on covenant switching. I'm currently in Warriors of Sunlight, which, to be honest, isn't giving me anything. I can't use the miracles, and it doesn't seem to give me anything for co-op. I'll probably go back to it eventually (being gold is cool), but now I have two covenants that I need to join (cat-lady crew for the ring, chaos-dudes for fireballs). Can I just hotswap covenants?

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

RBA Starblade posted:

I can get summoned (sometimes) and I have no problems on other games, but multi just doesn't want to work. Does it matter where you use the orb? Also I'm level 48, if it helps.

Yes, zone matters. When you use the blue sphere, you invade a guilty player who is in the same zone. So go to zones where level 48 players tend to hang out. Probably any of the zones in the later half of the game. I was down in the new londo ruins and found plenty of invasions.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

Merrill Grinch posted:

I've become obsessed with killing that titanite demon in Anor Londo, the one who's in a tiny tiny room somewhat near the final boss door. And I just can't. This one has like quadruple the hitpoints of the ones in Sen's Fortress and in the small room I just can't maneuver to kill the drat thing. Advice?

Also, I had a great moment in stupidity when I farmed up a whole bunch of souls at the forest door to buy a bunch of mats to craft a few weapons with. I needed one more titanite shard from the blacksmith and with a last second slip of the finger, bought 49 of them instead. And then I had to go farm some more because I no longer had the souls to use the single titanite shard I needed.

Try using Iron Flesh and Havil's Armor. You don't need to move around much in that small room. So tank up, two hand your weapon (no shield) and let iron flesh + havil's absorb most of the hits. The hard part will be refreshing iron flesh when it wears off before you get killed.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Elysiume posted:

Sounds awesome. How many casts does it get?

What exactly is the deal on covenant switching. I'm currently in Warriors of Sunlight, which, to be honest, isn't giving me anything. I can't use the miracles, and it doesn't seem to give me anything for co-op. I'll probably go back to it eventually (being gold is cool), but now I have two covenants that I need to join (cat-lady crew for the ring, chaos-dudes for fireballs). Can I just hotswap covenants?

Only 4 casts unfortunately.

You can swap covenants as much as you want. You can join the Chaos Servants, get the spell, then join the forest crew right away if you want.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GreenMarine posted:

Yes, zone matters. When you use the blue sphere, you invade a guilty player who is in the same zone. So go to zones where level 48 players tend to hang out. Probably any of the zones in the later half of the game. I was down in the new londo ruins and found plenty of invasions.

Alright, thanks. I was trying Anor Londo but I didn't get any bites there. I'll move to New Londo since I need to progress there anyway. Do you lose your human status if you die while invading (I'm guessing you have to be human to invade)? I've never done it.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Crowbear posted:

Only 4 casts unfortunately.

You can swap covenants as much as you want. You can join the Chaos Servants, get the spell, then join the forest crew right away if you want.
What else do the Chaos Servants have to offer me?

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.
I got my strength up to 50 to use the dragon weapons and now I kinda regret it. :(

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

RBA Starblade posted:

Alright, thanks. I was trying Anor Londo but I didn't get any bites there. I'll move to New Londo since I need to progress there anyway. Do you lose your human status if you die while invading (I'm guessing you have to be human to invade)? I've never done it.

I can never manage to become human for very long. I haven't done any humanity farming, so I tend to just go human when I need to kill an NPC that only pops up in human form. So I don't know.

You don't lose your souls if you die while invading as a darkmoon, so maybe you don't lose humanity.

EDIT: Catacombs is a decent place to blue orb invade people. The tunnels make it easier for you to attack them from unexpected directions.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...

Elysiume posted:

What else do the Chaos Servants have to offer me?

Offer up 30 humanity and get another Pyromancy spell, Chaos Storm.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Revitalized posted:

Go human and summon the NPC Iron Tarkus (he's in the empty tower connecting to the room before entering the boss area)

That guy hits like a loving truck against the Iron Golem, and can tank it pretty drat well. Way better than you can anyways.

I did this an picked up a PC Pyromancer who was pretty good as well and we basically owned him this time, thanks for the help.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

charismaslover posted:

Also a shortcut to Lost Izalith

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
I got summoned last night and my host was fending of black phantom capra demons. Unfortunately one of them killed me pretty quick. Are the eyes of death working after all?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

What is the "high level PvP sweet spot" I'm in NG+ and want to have some fun, I've tried invading for hours and failing horribly at all sorts of levels. From 70-95 all that has happened is someone invaded me evidently wanted to cast spells and couldn't lock on to me (fog ring, they were wearing one too). I felt kinda bad crushing them with my melee skills.

I have a feeling their either aren't enough high levels or the weird thing they have going has me on an island of a server or something. Why can't we just store all the IPs of currently online people? I know RAM issues, but seriously it can't be THAT big reserve 1-2GB of HDD space for it, that should be MORE than enough. You could maintain the list sorta how Bittorrent does, or is that how this is working? gently caress all I know is I barely have had any PvP action.

I'm on PS3 if it matters what levels are "hot" I'm thinking 125 will be with old school people (at least for now) just because.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GreenMarine posted:

You don't lose your souls if you die while invading as a darkmoon, so maybe you don't lose humanity.

I could've worded it better, but I meant "do you go hollow if you die as an invader". I'm human but have no saved up or item humanity so I'm basically curious if I have one shot at it, or if I can invade again afterwards.

e: I'm also on 360 and I've heard it's a lot harder to find anyone on it.

e: Ugh, New and Anor Londo are giving me nothing.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Oct 16, 2011

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

charismaslover posted:

Does it need to be all at once?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Elysiume posted:

Does it need to be all at once?

No, but if you switch covenants you lose progress, so you need to stick with them until you get what you want.

likw1d
Aug 21, 2003

Brackhar posted:

I got my strength up to 50 to use the dragon weapons and now I kinda regret it. :(

Can I ask why? I was thinking about doing the same thing.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

I saw this on Twitter just now.

EpicHero
Sep 9, 2006
Where do I find the ember to create magic weapons? Anybody know?

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

EpicHero posted:

Where do I find the ember to create magic weapons? Anybody know?

The blacksmith in New Londo can do magic weapons up to +5 without an ember

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Space Hamlet posted:

I got summoned last night and my host was fending of black phantom capra demons. Unfortunately one of them killed me pretty quick. Are the eyes of death working after all?

Where were you?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Sacrificial Toast posted:

like a magnificent father

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
So if I'm SL64~ where could I Blue Eye Orb to get people? I guess that's why all my invasions failed in the Undead Parish, haha.

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

I thought he was pouring estus on himself, but I'm not sure if Sunny D is better or worse than that.

Toiwat
Sep 6, 2011

So I'm curious, what happens if I kill Gwynevere and Gwyndolin? Should I do it? Do I screw myself out of something?

Arsenov
Jun 27, 2008

The.GreyWolf posted:

So if I'm SL64~ where could I Blue Eye Orb to get people? I guess that's why all my invasions failed in the Undead Parish, haha.

Try Anor Londo?

The Red Eye Orb is amazing, I've had about 5 back to back invasions.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Toiwat posted:

So I'm curious, what happens if I kill Gwynevere and Gwyndolin? Should I do it? Do I screw myself out of something?

You lock yourself out of two covenants, but neither are very important and you do get stuff for it. So murder away!

Systems_Id
Feb 16, 2005

LEFT CHEEK! LEFT CHEEK! LEFT CHEEK!
Probably been said multiple times but the framerate in Blighttown is game-breaking bad.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Praise the sun!

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.

KezzKezzan posted:

You lock yourself out of two covenants, but neither are very important and you do get stuff for it. So murder away!

Hey hey HEY. Blade of the Darkmoon is a great covenant and I'll not brook any treacherous twerp dissing it.

Sadly its rewards are yet more goddamn miracles and faith based stuff but invading the guilty is really fun.

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
I think people must be having really different experiences with the frame rate in blighttown; maybe it's worse uninstalled on xbox? Mine would chug a little bit whenever it had to render a bunch of distant objects but it was never bad enough to impede gameplay.

it was pretty cool to realize what that line is foreshadowing

oneliquidninja
Jan 6, 2007

I swear I wrote something funny here.
For those curious about Darkmoon I spent several hours in Anor Lando last night using my blue stone (not the ring) to invade the guilty and had a lot of success with getting invasions to work (soul level 50ish).

Almost every time (over 9/10) I invaded the host immediately started summoning phantoms so somehow they knew I was coming. Two hours of invasions and zero wins later I rerolled (my faith build seemed to be seriously lacking for pvp at that level and certainly not viable in a 3 on 1).

Earlier today I believe I got invaded by a Darkmoon Phantom. I killed Laurtic on my new character (right away for his ring) and went to the bonfire to refill my flask before heading off the fight the Gargoyles. I kill the three skeletons at the entrance from the Sen's Fortress side bonfire and my fog gates close up. No message that I'm getting invaded so I'd assume it was Darkmoon (my new character is soul level 20 thanks to the dragon glitching out and dying as I cut off his tail).

I didn't see the Phantom, since I was on my way to the boss and about to summon anyway I grabbed a couple of white phantoms and the Darkmoon guy either choose not to engage or used his stone to abandon.

On an unrelated note. At SL 20 wearing Elite Knight armor, Ring of the Wolf, and Ring of Divine Favor and Protection I walked into the Capra Demon fight 2-handing my Zweiender (with some flame resin on it). I threw a couple of R1s killing both dogs and then went to town on the boss. Was good times.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

gently caress Ornstein and Smough. Finally killed Ornstein only for Smough to turn into Mega-Smough who manages to hit through my shield somehow.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Dirty Job posted:

gently caress Ornstein and Smough. Finally killed Ornstein only for Smough to turn into Mega-Smough who manages to hit through my shield somehow.

He does lightning damage. He's slow as balls though, so his attacks are all pretty easy to avoid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

oneliquidninja posted:

For those curious about Darkmoon I spent several hours in Anor Lando last night using my blue stone (not the ring) to invade the guilty and had a lot of success with getting invasions to work (soul level 50ish).

Almost every time (over 9/10) I invaded the host immediately started summoning phantoms so somehow they knew I was coming. Two hours of invasions and zero wins I rerolled (my faith build seemed to be seriously lacking for pvp at that level and certainly not viable in a 3 on 1).

Earlier today I believe I got invaded by a Darkmoon Phantom. I killed Laurtic on my new character (right away for his ring) and went to the bonfire to refill my flask before heading off the fight the Gargoyles. I kill the three skeletons at the entrance from the Sen's Fortress side bonfire and my fog gates close up. No message that I'm getting invaded so I'd assume it was Darkmoon (my new character is soul level 20 thanks to the dragon glitching out and dying as I cut off his tail).

I didn't see the Phantom, since I was on my way to the boss and about to summon anyway I grabbed a couple of white phantoms and the Darkmoon guy either choose not to engage or used his stone to abandon.

On an unrelated note. At SL 20 wearing Elite Knight armor, Ring of the Wolf, and Ring of Divine Favor and Protection I walked into the Capra Demon fight 2-handing my Zweiender (with some flame resin on it). I threw a couple of R1s killing both dogs and then went to town on the boss. Was good times.

Faith is quite possibly the strongest build in the game right now for PvP. You need tranquil walk of peace and wrath of god. Cast the former than triple cast the latter until they are dead.

• Locked thread