Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Mordiceius posted:

Where's the place where you can buy the white soapstone to allow yourself to be summoned?

You get that by talking to Solaire after beating the Taurus Demon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!
I need some kind of direction in my game. The last few things I took out were the Moonlight Moth and the crazy hydra, which turned out to be way easier than I thought. I still haven't fought Sif yet, and when I went the direction that I thought he was in I got savaged by these crazy black badger looking things. Ceaseless Discharge is dead and I have access to down there with all those crazy demons.

Also, I already grabbed that holy sword from that undead dragon in the valley of the drakes if that makes any difference.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Mordiceius posted:

Where's the place where you can buy the white soapstone to allow yourself to be summoned?

You don't buy it, you talk to Solaire and he gives it to you. Exactly before the Dragon Bridge, he's chilling out on a balcony. "If only I could be so grossly incandescent!"

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

KezzKezzan posted:

You don't buy it, you talk to Solaire and he gives it to you. Exactly before the Dragon Bridge, he's chilling out on a balcony. "If only I could be so grossly incandescent!"

Or you could smoke his rear end and take his sick armor, which is what I did. The stone will be on his corpse.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

dvorak posted:

I need some kind of direction in my game. The last few things I took out were the Moonlight Moth and the crazy hydra, which turned out to be way easier than I thought. I still haven't fought Sif yet, and when I went the direction that I thought he was in I got savaged by these crazy black badger looking things. Ceaseless Discharge is dead and I have access to down there with all those crazy demons.

Also, I already grabbed that holy sword from that undead dragon in the valley of the drakes if that makes any difference.

Go to Sen's Fortress. You should have seen the cutscene of the path opening when you rang the second bell. It's right across the bridge from the bonfire above the Parish blacksmith.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Crowbear posted:

The Darkwraiths in New Londo have a better drop rate.

Oh nice. Are they easily accessible from a bonfire? I've only been as far as that merchant guy who cures your curse status but I never got the key from him (this is before I met Gwenevere).

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

evilalien posted:

Go to Sen's Fortress. You should have seen the cutscene of the path opening when you rang the second bell. It's right across the bridge from the bonfire above the Parish blacksmith.

Cool, yeah the first time I went in there a few SL ago I had no idea about those snake dudes and they basically just wiped me out. I'll come prepared this time.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Jimbot posted:

Oh nice. Are they easily accessible from a bonfire? I've only been as far as that merchant guy who cures your curse status but I never got the key from him (this is before I met Gwenevere).

If you do the shortcut route to the boss you can probably kill 3 of them in a couple of minutes, drop into the Abyss, then use the bonfire there to warp back to Firelink and repeat.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

KezzKezzan posted:

Oh okay, I had already gotten one from him and used it. I just wasn't sure where I could get more.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
e:f,b

Mordiceius posted:

That one, you don't buy. Go speak with Solaire, who is standing on the enormous balcony to your right after you descend the tower stairs (post Taurus boss fight in Burg). Agree with his request and he'll give you the soapstone. He's such a bro. :3:

e2: I got summoned into the bonfire right before O+S and my summoner keeled over for no apparent reason. Same room. No enemy. Weirdest poo poo.

POOL IS CLOSED fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Oct 17, 2011

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

dvorak posted:

Cool, yeah the first time I went in there a few SL ago I had no idea about those snake dudes and they basically just wiped me out. I'll come prepared this time.

Yeah, they are hard at first, but you'll find the lightning spear quickly enough which makes them much more manageable.

Kaelan Zero
Nov 30, 2004

smut

Jimbot posted:

What's the drop rate of Titanite Chunks on the Royal Sentinels? They don't seem to drop them very often. Is there a better place to get these things?
The drop rate is really really low, so given that it takes so long to reach them from the bonfire, you might as well not try to farm them. The darkwraiths in New Londo drop them more often and can drop two at a time (though the drop rate is still low).

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Mordiceius posted:

Oh okay, I had already gotten one from him and used it. I just wasn't sure where I could get more.

It's non-consumable. So you can use it as many times as you want. :3:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Smelly posted:

It's non-consumable. So you can use it as many times as you want. :3:

Mother FUCKER.

Dr.Cthulhu
Jan 19, 2005

Earache! Earache!
Cthulhu Fatigue!
I'm so lost after killing O&S.
Don't know how to get to Tomb Of Giants, Abyss or Dukes ARchives:argh:
edit: Oh and Demons Ruins is a dead end

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Dr.Cthulhu posted:

Tomb of the Giants is after the catacombs, Abyss is in New Londo (You need a ring from Sif in order to get in the Abyss) and Duke's Archives are in Anor Londo, at the far end to the left of the first bonfire.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Crowbear posted:

If you do the shortcut route to the boss you can probably kill 3 of them in a couple of minutes, drop into the Abyss, then use the bonfire there to warp back to Firelink and repeat.

Wait, there's a bonfire in the Abyss?!

Of course. :sigh:

Monolith. fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Oct 17, 2011

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

The.GreyWolf posted:

Wait, there's a bonfire in the Abyss?!

After you beat the boss there is.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Armour spoilers yonder:

This is very silly!

http://i.imgur.com/vWZMZ.jpg

I look like one of Gwynevere's discarded q-tips. What enchant shall I put on the whip? divine? or flame/chaos? Going to try and level up Ricard's Rapier for some fencing RP but I don't know to just level it or put an enchant on it :ohdear:

invalid
Aug 1, 2005

by I Ozma Myself

Mordiceius posted:

You get it off that Knight of the Sun or whevever whos's behind the bridge of that Drake. Super fine chap!

Dr.Cthulhu
Jan 19, 2005

Earache! Earache!
Cthulhu Fatigue!

Smelly posted:

Tomb of the Giants is after the catacombs, Abyss is in New Londo (You need a ring from Sif in order to get in the Abyss) and Duke's Archives are in Anor Londo, at the far end to the left of the first bonfire.

Catacombs lead to somewhere else, no? and as for Dukes, I killed O&S but that giant orange fog still blocks my path

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

Dr.Cthulhu posted:

Catacombs lead to somewhere else, no?
Tomb of the Giants is where it leads to.

E: And as for the orange fog, either talk to Frampt now or visit the Abyss, kill the boss and join the Darkwraith. Either way works to get rid of the fog doors.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Dr.Cthulhu posted:

Catacombs lead to somewhere else, no? and as for Dukes, I killed O&S but that giant orange fog still blocks my path

You need to place the Lordvessel at the Kiln of the First Flame entrance before the orange fog disappears. You either need to talk with Frampt or Kaathe (have to clear New Londo before placing the Lordvesselto find him) to do this.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Dr.Cthulhu posted:

If you got there after killing O&S and lighting the Lordvessel kiln, no it's not. :ssh:

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Dr.Cthulhu posted:

Yeah, it leads to the Tomb, and you need to either beat Four Kings and talk to Kaathe or speak to Frampt before you can get past the yellow fog doors.

Dr.Cthulhu
Jan 19, 2005

Earache! Earache!
Cthulhu Fatigue!

smuh posted:

Tomb of the Giants is where it leads to.

Weird, I remember killing PinWheel going up a ladder to the top and it being pitch black but I didn't end up at the Tomb....I'm gonna go there right now.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer

Dr.Cthulhu posted:

Demons Ruins isn't a dead end. You have to beat all 3 bosses to get to lost izalith. The path is in Centipede Demon's room. You get to Duke's Archives from Anor Lando. Warp to Anor Lando bonfire, head left out of the room, and then a quick right in the room with the two giants with halberds. Ones outside there is one more giant blocking your path. Kill it, and go up the hill and you'll be at the archives. The abyss is at the end of New Lando, but you need the ring from Painted World to get there.

Duke's Archives broke my heart. I was pretty disappointed when I saw that you can't stab the boars up the butthole for massive damage anymore. Stupid Armor.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
What is the "short" route to the Four Kings boss in New Londo that people talk about? I've always sprinted straight through the ghosts and taken the unlocked elevator down, but apparently there's somewhere you can drop to avoid the ghosts completely and end up at the bottom.

I really hate ghosts.

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011
Is there some super easy way to get into the Depths, or do I pretty much either have to fight the Capra Demon or trudge through Blighttown?

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

~SMcD

Dr.Cthulhu posted:

Weird, I remember killing PinWheel going up a ladder to the top and it being pitch black but I didn't end up at the Tomb....I'm gonna go there right now.

If it didn't lead to the Tomb you didn't go far enough into it. It's a long, winding, pitch-black pain in the rear end path. :(

reallyprettymad posted:

Is there some super easy way to get into the Depths, or do I pretty much either have to fight the Capra Demon or trudge through Blighttown?

You have to fight the Capra demon to access it, you can't backtrack through Blighttown unless you've already been through the Depths, since the Gaping Dragon holds the door key.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Miles and miles of friends!
O+S are kicking my rear end at SL16. If I get hit once I'm pretty much hosed. The run to get there is really annoying too.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Rascyc posted:

What is the "short" route to the Four Kings boss in New Londo that people talk about? I've always sprinted straight through the ghosts and taken the unlocked elevator down, but apparently there's somewhere you can drop to avoid the ghosts completely and end up at the bottom.

I really hate ghosts.

Right after the first two ghosts you can drop off the far side at the bottom of the staircase to the drained lower floor. If you go past the now angry Darkwraith to your right, take a left up the stairs into the building, and then another left out the back of that building, you will be right in front of the boss door.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

~SMcD

Stiggs posted:

O+S are kicking my rear end at SL16. If I get hit once I'm pretty much hosed. The run to get there is really annoying too.

Level up more unless you're trying to do some gimmick low-level run. You should be SL 40-55 or so by the time you get there.

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:
So, I'm doing a SL1 runthrough, even though I haven't beat the game normally yet. So far I've beated the Taurus Demon and Havel the Rock with 0 problems, upgraded a battle axe to +5, and am about to do the BGs with SIR SUN STARER.

Should I get the Ring of Favor and Protection as soon as I can and will that effectively replace Havel's Ring if I just stick to cloth armor?

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

~SMcD
Yes, cloth is light enough that Havel's is overkill, and for an SL1 playthrough I'd imagine you want to be using as much pyromancy as possible so weight is probably not an issue with weapons.

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

Huh, the Bed of Chaos was an... interesting boss fight. Not that I'm complaining, it's nice to have something else than "stab it in the rear end" be the strategy once in a while.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Who Dat posted:

So, I'm doing a SL1 runthrough, even though I haven't beat the game normally yet. So far I've beated the Taurus Demon and Havel the Rock with 0 problems, upgraded a battle axe to +5, and am about to do the BGs with SIR SUN STARER.

Should I get the Ring of Favor and Protection as soon as I can and will that effectively replace Havel's Ring if I just stick to cloth armor?

If you're using only cloth, than yeah it'll help.

It might even help you use leather, only one way to find out. :v:

Gazmachine
May 22, 2005

Happy Happy Breakdance Challenge 4

smuh posted:

I just did this, and was pleasantly surprised that the four giants and 3-4 pink gargoyle things between the bonfire and the blacksmith got replaced with two regular human looking dudes. Made going to the 'smith a lot less painful in my opinion.

Yeah, and not only that - but they drop 5k souls each and are cake to kill off, so it's basically a brilliant farming spot. Still, that was a helluva rack :quagmire:.

Oh and in Dark Anor Londo after defeating O&S, is there anything else to do? I could summon people but there was nowhere to go. I remember a door being locked with magic up top but I can't get to that, because an impassable fog door appears when I summon dudes.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Holy poo poo gently caress the Four Kings. This fight is brutal, even with Beatrice helping you.

Anyone got any advice for these fucks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Count Bleck posted:

Holy poo poo gently caress the Four Kings. This fight is brutal, even with Beatrice helping you.

Anyone got any advice for these fucks?

I beat them my first try, what I did was:
equip Havel's Armor (I already had it since I'm a tank)
two hand your weapon
don't stop attacking for the love of god just tear into them and don't stop.

It's one of those fights where you just need to go all sorts of :black101: on their asses

• Locked thread