Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bodacious Bagel
Jul 28, 2010
Sent a request to GISH. Gamertag is BodaciousBagel. Please let me in, I can't wait to race some fellow goons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!
Just wanna say that I was there when the Goon Bus beat out every other B-Class car we could throw at it.

norton I
May 1, 2008

His Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton I

Emperor of these United States

Protector of Mexico
Figured out how to send a request to GISH, as "A J Norton I"

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Had fun racing with goons tonight, sorry if my paint-swapping was a little over-zealous. I mostly race online with pubbies, and it's a great way to piss them off.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

So now that Oldsmobile is in the game, what are the odds of us getting a Toronado as DLC down the line for awesome FWD V8 action? Because goddamn, Toronados kick all kinds of rear end.

Cedhed
Feb 27, 2006
Whee!
Awesome racing with GISH tonight, until I managed to exit out of the game like an idiot. :(

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Athanatos posted:

Here is one of today's Jarf Invitational Races:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrQ9xQZg33Q

Man, now I wish I followed the invite. I was kinda stuck in test drive mode determined to get a hang on the loving tuning.

I didn't.

Pees With Boner
Jun 7, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Hey guys, sorry I ignored the invites earlier tonight (GT = Liquid Stuart) but I was working on my masterpiece/they disappeared before I could accept anyway.

I uploaded my new Mintberry Crunch Audi A4 Touring car to the club garage, I haven't even gotten to drive it yet but I'm pretty proud of how it looks

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye
Had fun playing in Kaidons(sp?) game for a few hours tonight GT: Angry Lasagna

Ended the night with a photo finish for 3rd place between my '69 Trans Am and another guys Toyota MR2 :cheers:

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
Someones Prius slammed into the back of my Delorean and went flipping.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Here's an excerpt of some C-class goon racing. Fun as hell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRmkjwhxHAo

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

Had some good races tonight... Though I didn't realize my mic was muted till the last race. Doh. Sorry if I took anyone out. Heh.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

real_scud posted:

Which brings me up to something. Last night a bunch of us in LLJK were racing and Commrade Flynn I'm going to slightly call you out to mostly help others.

If you're in a race and it's a serious one, ala actual laps around a track with non-comedy Goon Bus options, and you see someone behind you clearly having more speed than you simply pick a side of the road and stick to it.

If you happen to round a corner and you're on the inside going to the next corner, stay in your lane and let the other person pass. Even if you're slightly ahead of them it's not a smart idea to try to swerve into their lane to cut them off. Because unless you've got your entire car in front of them you'll only serve in PIT'ing yourself by turning into their front end. Ideally you should let them pass and hope that in them attempting to pass you they'll compromise their next corner and if you've set yourself up then you can re-pass them since you have a better line. Getting a back and forth like that is some of the most exciting racing you can do.

That's why Flynn after about 2-3 races everyone kept hitting you on straights, because no matter if someone had more speed than you, you did everything to block them repeatedly. People will only take it for so long until they get frustrated at being held up by you that they'll smash you off the road.

This is retarded. You and I had one run in on Laguna Seca where I was moving out to take the racing line and hit you as you were in my blind spot. I spun, you passed me, no big deal. I even laughed about it in IRC because I had no idea you were there.

But you told this story literally 3-4 times that night like it was some huge deal so chucklefucks decided it would be funny to purposely spin me. I was spun 4 times on straights with you goading them on. I was consistently setting fastest laps, so people didn't have more speed than me typically.

So I guess in "helping others" you should maybe not blow things out of proportion.

wezmon
Dec 31, 2007

Effect posted:

This game is amazing, its starting to get difficult after a few seasons so now i have to actually tune cars!

I'm going to friend some Australians, mostly for rivals mode. (I'm Fedex Kinkos)

I would do the same, but #1) I'm a crap driver, and #2) I picked up Arkham City yesterday because I have poor impulse control. Might be a bit divided for time over the next week or so.

Ah, what the hell. I'll fling you a request. My GT is Wezmon if any other Aussie goon bogans wanna set times for eachother. :australia:

crabfriend
Oct 12, 2010

NO
Damnit my internet died at the worst possible time. Thanks for the good races GISH guys. also if anyone wants to race or whatev GT: sfrofu

Edit: I'm from NZ but if any ausgoons wanna add me for rival mode or whatever that's cool too.

crabfriend fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Oct 18, 2011

lotharr
Dec 24, 2003

Sorry Mark, we have no idea what's wrong with your KERS mate...

wezmon posted:

I would do the same, but #1) I'm a crap driver, and #2) I picked up Arkham City yesterday because I have poor impulse control. Might be a bit divided for time over the next week or so.

Ah, what the hell. I'll fling you a request. My GT is Wezmon if any other Aussie goon bogans wanna set times for eachother. :australia:

Fling me a request too, GT: krakerag.

I always want more Aussies to compare my rubbish times to :)

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Throw myself into the Australian Forza goons ring: Spiritech

Pointblank
Jan 1, 2004

It is a world transformed, where things are not what they seem.
Australian Forza goon - my times aren't great but I'm teaching myself how to drive w/ clutch with my Fanatec set-up.

GT is BigSmoothHondo

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I just traded some games in and now have this, another Aussie reporting in, gt puddin23.

E: we so should start an Aussie group called Forza Aussie GoonS.

Puddin fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Oct 18, 2011

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Al Harrington posted:

Ended the night with a photo finish for 3rd place between my '69 Trans Am and another guys Toyota MR2 :cheers:

That was a hell of a finish. A .001 second difference, I have the replay saved.

GISH races tonight were good fun, though the amount of ramming near the end of the night became seriously annoying, because a lot of them were clearly not accidents. I had a few collisions with Kadd, but they were mostly just loving up a line or something, and that's no big, but 3 out of the last 4 races I was t-boned full speed on the first corner by the same guy. Brake early, reenter safely (and not by swinging across the entire width of the track), and don't cut in tight on a faster car's lane. I had a few races where Lasagna and I were conceding turns, getting out of each others ways during certain parts since one was faster, etc. and it was a blast to have a proper race.

Dog Fat Man Chaser fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Oct 18, 2011

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

My gosh, you're right Sam! THE GORILLA SHOULD BE DRIVING!
I was definitely digging the factory-spec races for being somewhat closer in finishes than the usual circuit races we do. Also for trying out different cars.

Like how we found out that the Spada is terrible at everything, and the Olds is the best car for drifting.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Kaddion posted:

I was definitely digging the factory-spec races for being somewhat closer in finishes than the usual circuit races we do. Also for trying out different cars.

Like how we found out that the Spada is terrible at everything, and the Olds is the best car for drifting.

Hey buddy I LIKE the Spada :colbert: At least it doesn't spin out on exits like that Radical.
(Marund/avmachine here)

Dog Fat Man Chaser fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Oct 18, 2011

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Pointblank posted:

Australian Forza goon - my times aren't great but I'm teaching myself how to drive w/ clutch with my Fanatec set-up.

GT is BigSmoothHondo

I have you on my friends list already, probably from F2 or 3, what's that club you're in?

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity
I'm going to send a request to GISH as well - my gamertag is Artieficial.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Goddamn, Datsun 510s on the Mini Camino circuit was loving amazing. Fast and furious sewing machine racing :v:

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
Someone needs to invite Weltmeisters into LLJK stat.

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.

D C posted:

Someone needs to invite Weltmeisters into LLJK stat.

Yea someone get on that. D C has excellent taste. :respek:

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
Thread needs more pics.

This is my car. I like it more in FM4 than in real life. Because it doesn't get dirty. And spends far less time at Renault dealerships.
Other than that, they behave virtually identically when driven hard.

I'm in the Civic. Weltmeisters, in the 240SX, applied too much corrective lock. Clearly.

Too pretty.

fffffffffff

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

After doing the Veyron challenge, and passing class E cars at 200mph, i've fully realized the awesome sense of speed that this game is capable of conveying.

In the world tour mode, I'm too big of a wuss to pick anything above A class. It's just so drat intense.

I managed to place #30ish on Camino Viejo (short) in this showy Lexus:

Keep tuning random cars you don't think as serious performance machines. You could make something that can surprise you. Like the Dodge Super Bee. I've been owning C class with it.

MeatRocket8 fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Oct 18, 2011

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ChocNitty posted:

After doing the Veyron challenge, and passing class E cars at 200mph, i've fully realized the awesome sense of speed that this game is capable of conveying.

We did some multi class racing at Camino Viejo the other night. Half in F class, half in R1. I was in an R1 car and caught a few F class dudes in the downhill run to the hairpin, and oh my god it was loving terrifying. The sens of speed in this game really is amazing, and at narrow tracks like that, it's insanity.

On that note, we need to do more R1 and F class racing because it's as fun as it is scary.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

ChocNitty posted:

In the world tour mode, I'm too big of a wuss to pick anything A class. It's just so drat intense.

I managed to place #30 on Camino Viejo (short) in this showy Lexus:

Keep tuning random cars you don't think as serious performance machines. You could make something that can surprise you. Like the Dodge Super Bee. I've been owning C class with it.

Where is this Veyron challenge? Do you mean the Autovista one?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

webmeister posted:

Where is this Veyron challenge? Do you mean the Autovista one?

Yes, that one.

Finally unlocked the Warthog.

I was heartbroken when I realized it's not playable in the game though. *sigh*

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
How loving long does it take to install the 2nd disc.

I just want to play!

kaiwero
Aug 22, 2006
Sent request to GISH, GT: rige1seven.

Newish to online racing so might be a bit crap. In NZ as well for any NZ/Aus players.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.

A5H posted:

Has anyone done an E28 like Rusty Slammington yet?! I would love one if so.

I'm workin' on it, drat tricky given the teeth though.

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Athanatos posted:

Here is one of today's Jarf Invitational Races:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrQ9xQZg33Q

If anyone has a better idea how to record them, I'm all ears. I was just randomly jumping and trying to find the best races. Missed most of the battle for 1st on the last few laps.

That's awesome thanks! The flicking between racers method worked pretty well. And you got my barrel roll across the finish line. :roflolmao:

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Gonna take out my work angst with some quality Forza time tonight, and give the livery editor a shot. Have never made a design in this or in Forza 3 so I've no idea how hard or time consuming its gonna be. Any must-know tips I should know about before I start?

Jarf / SAEG feel free to throw out the invites if you're all racing tonight, I should also have a small collection of tuned cars for various events, and I'm never gonna turn down the chance to try and claw back some victories against Jarf :)

Basil Brush
Jul 21, 2008

boom boom
Sent a request to GISH as Bazzillius. Looking forward to racing some goons

Still trying to not suck

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Puddin posted:

How loving long does it take to install the 2nd disc.

I just want to play!

Like 3 minutes?

Requesting an invitation to SAEG - grande diabolik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Interesting article on some of the technical processes:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tech-analysis-forza-motorsport-4

- More detail during solo events than multi-car events (4xAA versus 2xAA)
- Races run at 60fps with less detail, replays at 30fps for added detail
- Night and wet weather races excluded as they would compromise the framerate

• Locked thread