Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

I said come in! posted:

Hopefully some of that includes new tracks too.

I thought it specifically said cars?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I thought the season pass would give people with the normal edition some of the stuff we got with the limited edition?

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

Season Pass is cars only. No word on DLC tracks.

A5H posted:

I thought the season pass would give people with the normal edition some of the stuff we got with the limited edition?

No. Limited Edition stuff will come way further down the road (6+ months, probably) and will be a separate pack with only LCE items. It won't be normal DLC.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ziploc posted:

I thought it specifically said cars?

No, what I meant was is that I hope there are other things not announced. Turn-10 has said cars, but I hope that just means, "for now all we've announced are cars :)" But again, no word on DLC tracks what so ever. Just wishful thinking is all.

Minimaul posted:

I got the Season Pass because I'm a whore.

As a whore for cars myself, the season pass is a no-brainer. People like us will get a lot of use out of every car and won't care what's included.

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

My gosh, you're right Sam! THE GORILLA SHOULD BE DRIVING!

MalleusDei posted:

Sorry I was ignoring invites last night (GT: Eperitus). I tried to join the first time, and it appears I'm having NAT issues. Once I get that fixed I'll be ready to race.

Yeah, sorry. You managed to message me right at the start of a race, and by the time it ended I had forgotten to tell you that the invites are mass club-wide invites, so I'd have ended up sending you a bunch of them.

TriggerHappy
Mar 14, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

New use for Goonbus:

1 driver in Lotus Elise/Exige
Everyone else in a Goonbus Hummer

Oval track, simulation damage on, Lotus guy drives in the correct direction for the race, everyone else drives the other direction and attempts to murder him in the face on the straights. His evasiveness will cause Goonbussers to flip their own Hummers attempting to slay him, and be left as detritus/obstacles with sim damage on.

If Lotus Guy can complete his (10 or whatever) laps before the Destruction Squad can kill his car (to the point he can't limp back to the pits without everyone gangbanging him endlessly) he wins, if he gives up from compete car ruination and hilarious ownage, then Destruction Squad wins.

I am totally down for this.

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
Can you be a member of more than one car club at once? My friend keeps bugging me to join his. But I dont want to miss out on all this goony goodness

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

I club at a time. 100 members per club.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wish you could join more than one club at a time. Someone said earlier in the thread, that there should be a goon BMW club, and I wanna start one, but everyone will already be comfy in the other goon clubs by the time I get the game.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Oh hey, look what found it's way into the SAEG garage.

It is awesome to drive by the way. 2100lbs, so it handles well and stops on a dime, and the handling is beautiful, coupled with over four hunnert horse powah.

bringer
Oct 16, 2005

I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT

Minimaul posted:

Season Pass and limited edition are irrelevant to each other.

Not quite, the LCE changes the math a little because it includes the muscle car pack. Is the season pass still a savings over buying the remaining packs individually, or enough of a savings to buy into it blindly?

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

ChocNitty posted:

It's kind of impressive that they had no problems getting licensing for cars and brands that Jeremy Clarkson flat out insults, like his opinion on the Gumpert name, in Autovista. I'm glad his cheeky british humor remained intact.

He really, really hated on the F50, and seemingly with good reason. And on that note of Autovista Ferraris, I was genuinely annoyed that we never got the F40.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Turn 10 are on about some extra bonus for LCE owners who also have season pass.

Also, the replay cameras for Road Atlanta have been completely overhauled. None of those stupid cameras that just hover over the car anymore, and alot of trackside TV cameras.

I need to watch more replays to see what else has been changed.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

hreple posted:

Would love to join SAEG if possible.
Gamertag: hreple

I shall get on this in about 15-60 minutes (just got home, need to shower and eat) if Falken doesn't beat me to it.

SAEG is awesome btw, seriously. You guys. You GUYS! You know who I'm talking to 8) I don't think I'd be enjoying Forza half as much without a good car club to race with.

djfooboo posted:

In Forza 3 were the DLC's awesome or ho-hum?

Forza 3 had some ok DLC, the only really good one was the community pack when they finally started listening to us. Before that it was just mad Audi DLC (that I still bought).

I bought the Season Pass on day 1 but I'm gonna be miffed if I get 60 2012 Audis.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
So is the monthly Rivals challenge going to be the only one that's updated? I ask because Rivals is awesome and I desperately want more events. Also does anyone know the end date for the current months crop? I don't want to miss out on beating a few more times on those since I'm busy setting soft times on the regular events, something I recommend other goons do as well since there are still quite a few events with only 1 or 2 LLJK times set. You fuckers.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I haven't been able to try out Rivals mode yet. How much do you usually earn per race?

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

GreatGreen posted:

I haven't been able to try out Rivals mode yet. How much do you usually earn per race?

The higher up the leaderboard the person is the more money you make. 100cr, 500cr, 1,000cr, 5,000cr, 10,000cr, 50k, 100k, 150k.

bringer posted:

Is the season pass still a savings over buying the remaining packs individually, or enough of a savings to buy into it blindly?

Yes, you save if you buy the pass over individual packs. Whether it's worth it to buy 6 blind DLC packs (60 cars) ahead of time or to wait and buy individually and maybe buy all 6 packs or maybe not, is entirely up to the person and what's worth it to them.

Season Pass:
Price: 2400 MSP
What does it give you: With it you save 30 percent overall of the price for the upcoming six DLC packs, November 2011 to April 2012, compared to separate purchases.

Individual Pack:
Price: 560 MSP (normal) / FREE with FM4 Season Pass

You get the muscle pack when you buy the Season Pass, too. So, essentially if you buy the Season Pass (without owning the LCE) you get 10 Muscle Cars upfront and then 6 packs of DLC. If you already own the LCE you get 6 DLC - you already have the Muscle Cars so you get 250,000 in game credits for buying the Season Pass as a bonus (:rolleyes:).

If you don't own the LCE or want to buy the Season Pass you should be able to get everything individually, eventually.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

GreatGreen posted:

From around 10,000 at the low end, to the 150,000 credit range. The payout increases the further up the boards you climb.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.

A5H posted:

Yessss, can I get a version when done please? :D

Sure thing, I'll be putting it up on my storefront when its done anyway. Let me know your GT (or add me (we may already be xbox buds? Captain Hair57) and I'll gift it to you so its unlocked and crap. :)

bringer
Oct 16, 2005

I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT

Minimaul posted:

You get the muscle pack when you buy the Season Pass, too. So, essentially if you buy the Season Pass (without owning the LCE) you get 10 Muscle Cars upfront and then 6 packs of DLC. If you already own the LCE you get 6 DLC - you already have the Muscle Cars so you get 250,000 in game credits for buying the Season Pass as a bonus (:rolleyes:).

If you don't own the LCE or want to buy the Season Pass you should be able to get everything individually, eventually.

Thanks for the write-up, I wasn't sure how the Muscle Car pack fit into everything. Is the season pass a limited time offer or is it always going to be available as an option for bulk purchasing the DLC?

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Yeah people already mentioned the bounties you get for Rivals, but there's a little more to it since the formula for Rivals is:

Fixed amount for the course x number of laps + race feats + difficulty modifier + bounty

so the amount you make can vary heavily from event to event and how long you need to beat a given time. The good thing is if you get frustrated with an event you can just quit and still get the cR for the laps done you just lose out on the bounty. Speaking of credits I noticed in Autivista they give you the cR price of the Warthog too bad we can't buy it...

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

bringer posted:

Thanks for the write-up, I wasn't sure how the Muscle Car pack fit into everything. Is the season pass a limited time offer or is it always going to be available as an option for bulk purchasing the DLC?

I'm not sure. Probably when all(?) 12 packs are out - 2 seasons passes worth - you'll be able to still buy the 2 season passes and still save even after they've been out.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Since the servers are down, have some videos of the group racing from yesterday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyEnuyXWdy0
Nürburgring with the fancy camera angles.

and just another random race where you have to watch my terribleness because I just recorded it straight up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djrMwbm7Y0g

Filthy scum
Jul 7, 2003

Is there still room in the Eurogrüppen?
If so I would love to join SAEG if possible.
Gamertag: MrZagon

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Athanatos posted:

and just another random race where you have to watch my terribleness because I just recorded it straight up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djrMwbm7Y0g

Nice use of the braking line at about 55 seconds in :stare:

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

Server maintenance going on.

quote:

Forza Motorsport - Turn 10 Studios Game Page
We will be performing server maintenance on Tuesday, Oct. 18 from 9-11 a.m. PDT. During this time, our servers will be down.

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
So I've turned off ABS and have noticed huge improvements. If I feather the gas in a corner I no longer understeer and maintain most of my speed. Going to try a few more races to get the hang of it and then attempt to do manual/W clutch, then I will be driving with all assists off.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Thanks for the few races last night guys.

The humorous races are actually less stressful right now. Due to the lag I seem to be getting off this slow rear end connection it's like I'm playing some bizzaro "Forza: Inception version". It's hard to concentrate on taking a smooth line through the corner when all I see in the mirror is Cars flying and teleporting non-stop all over the goddamn track.

Just unlocked my free Zonda Cinque reward last night in world Tour and that car is STILL as fun as hell to drive as it was in the Demo. Beastly, but manageable with all aids off.

I haven't plopped down the points for the Season Pass yet as I'm not sure what they are thinking of adding at this point. I know if they do a RUF (or please Porsche pack if it can be negotiated later on) I'll grab it. Original Mini and VW would be fun, as would more Rally Cars. I'd really like more old Fiat's and stuff as well just about anything, well OLD. If it's a parade of 2012's I'll be really sad, although something like the Aventador or Huayra would be cool.

pvax fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Oct 18, 2011

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

PopeOnARope posted:

He really, really hated on the F50, and seemingly with good reason. And on that note of Autovista Ferraris, I was genuinely annoyed that we never got the F40.

I'm glad the F40 isn't in. It looks like the car has Downs Syndrome and sounds like a vacuum cleaner once the turbos kick in (which takes forever).

gently caress the F40.

[edit] oh good the servers are back up.

Now in the club garage. Enjoy it.

Really though I'm looking for tuning advice. I've been working on the tuning for this for the last day or so and I've got it to the point where I'm happy with how it handles. It's very neutral right now, if you overcook it it'll start to oversteer a bit but it's so easy to correct and even easier to hold if you're into that kind of thing. It doesn't have enough power to compete with the big boys from B class so it'll probably never take first place. Maybe in the hands of a better driver. But it can very easily hold it's own against most anything you can throw at it.

The brake bias may be a touch too far toward the front so it will wiggle a bit under hard braking, so watch out for that. But otherwise let me know what you guys think. Like I said, it works well for me but I'd like some other people to try it who have different driving styles.

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Oct 18, 2011

blodycoughbynewport
Oct 26, 2008

Sponsored by Big tobacco!

MustardFacial posted:

I'm glad the F40 isn't in. It looks like the car has Downs Syndrome and sounds like a vacuum cleaner once the turbos kick in (which takes forever).

gently caress the F40.

You're a monster.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The F40 was my dream car for a significant portion of my formative years. :smith:

I still think it's one of the most gorgeous cars ever made (the 288 GTO gets my vote as prettiest car of all time).

The F50, on the other hand, is a hideous abomination.

SynMoo
Dec 4, 2006

If you had access to a car like this, would you take it back right away?

Neither would I.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

xzzy posted:

The F40 was my dream car for a significant portion of my formative years. :smith:

I still think it's one of the most gorgeous cars ever made (the 288 GTO gets my vote as prettiest car of all time).

The F50, on the other hand, is a hideous abomination.

The F50 is awesome both to drive and to look at and you're a broken human being :colbert:

At least you're right about the 288 GTO being the best Ferrari (although the Lotus Esprit S4 is and will likely always be the prettiest car of all time).

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I remember I used to have Lamborghini Countach posters all over the my walls when I was young. They ALWAYS had several of them for sale each year at the school book fair.

While the car looks very 80's, I still love it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SynMoo posted:

If you had access to a car like this, would you take it back right away?

Neither would I.

Classic Ferrari's are still the best looking cars ever made.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I held the extremely unpopular opinion that the Countach was the ugliest car on the planet back in elementary school.. it spawned all kinds of recess arguments (which was actually a refreshing break over the debates about which Transformer was the best).

It always seemed like it was trying too hard to be outrageous.. which I guess is why it's popular. I like my stuff to be a little more subtle.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

^^subtlety is really nice too, and that's one of the reasons why (most) Lotus' are so beautiful to me.

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I remember I used to have Lamborghini Countach posters all over the my walls when I was young. They ALWAYS had several of them for sale each year at the school book fair.

While the car looks very 80's, I still love it.

The Countach looks pretty badass, I gotta agree. Too bad it drives like plain ol' rear end, though. When I drove it in Forza 2, I thought that they must've gotten the handling all wrong until I did more research about the car and found out that no, it really does suck.

The Espada is my favorite Lamborghini, but it's probably never going to be in a game. It probably also drives like rear end as well, so no big loss I guess.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Oct 18, 2011

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

xzzy posted:

I held the extremely unpopular opinion that the Countach was the ugliest car on the planet back in elementary school.. it spawned all kinds of recess arguments (which was actually a refreshing break over the debates about which Transformer was the best).

It always seemed like it was trying too hard to be outrageous.. which I guess is why it's popular. I like my stuff to be a little more subtle.

I've never really been impressed with the way Lambo's look, and the Diablo is the only one I like. I also think they have a bad image; I've always thought of Lamborghini's as cars for middle aged men that are balding and want to compensate for something. Their cars are just to flashy and scream "LOOK AT ME!".

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

Apparently the Dodge Dart is a glitch car.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/4895817.aspx

Swapping in a Viper V10 lowers the PI as long as you don't touch the transmission. Something to do with top speed and PI calculations. It supposedly accelerates like a bat out of hell though.

:laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

xzzy posted:

I held the extremely unpopular but objectively correct and thus entirely justified opinion that the Countach was the ugliest car on the planet back in elementary school..

I concur.

• Locked thread