Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Slung Blade posted:

I'd really like to see this as a base for the moon's phases.

But I guess I'm just a horrid nerd.

If you were a real nerd it would say HA and have a bite taken out of it. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
1. Pick
2. Shovel
3. Axe
4. Sword
5. Bow
6. [whatever]
7. [whatever]
8. Map
9. Wood Block (used for cave navigation)
0. Torches

Usually other building blocks, maybe a clock in the 'whatever' spots. Minecraft does not play like an FPS to me, so I don't have an FPS mindset. I very rarely find a situation where I can't backtrack for a second to assess the situation and plan out an approach. Quick reactions matter, sure, but not necessarily with regard to combat. I'd rather build a quick wall between me and my quarry, then plan an approach. If I'm going into an exclusive combat situation (taking down a spawner) then I might move my sword/bow up, but the need hasn't arisen yet. I haven't even bothered to make arrows in the game I'm playing now. Building a wall or kiting mobs around a corner has yet to fail.

A PVP server would probably be an entirely different matter.

This next patch has insane amounts of content. Is there a good place to look for a summary of everything that may be a bit more elaborate than the actual patch notes? I'm kind of intimidated. Are there going to be a lot of additions that will make it necessary to start a new world to enjoy the content? I've been holding off on my existing world due to this concern.

pubic void nullo
May 17, 2002

anybody use the same loadout as me?

1. See other people post inventory lists
2. Decide this is a good idea
3. Post an inventory list nobody will ever read or care about
4. gently caress up a thread with pages of no content bullshit
5. Go back to minecraft
6. Run around for a while
7. Refresh the thread to see if anybody replied to your post
8. Sword
9. Die unloved

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

arnika road posted:

5. Go back to minecraft
8. Sword
9. Die unloved

Nah, here's mine

1. Sword
2. Sword
3. Sword
4. Sword
5. Sword
6. Sword
7. Sword
8. Sword
9. Sword

Bicehunter
Jul 8, 2010

arnika road posted:

5. Go back to minecraft
8. Sword
9. Die unloved

I use the same setup.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
I revised mine.

1. Sorry
2. For
3. Helping
4. To
5. poo poo
6. Up
7. The
8. Thread
9. To be honest I thought the same thing after I posted mine.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
Soooo if we're all done posting ~.~our hotbars~.~

Is there any decent way to find a nether stronghold other than wandering the lava and pain infested abyss that is the Nether?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

arnika road posted:

5. Go back to minecraft
8. Sword
9. Die unloved

Thank god someone said it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

kas posted:

awesomeness

Goddamn, Painterly never ceases to amaze me.

So, any chance of a Majora's Mask moon? :v:

Fourthmeal
Jun 10, 2008

Evil Mastermind posted:

Goddamn, Painterly never ceases to amaze me.

So, any chance of a Majora's Mask moon? :v:

I saw this and said, "Hey I played that game too. We would enjoy each other's company."
Then I realized that I play minecraft... I never have company.
Also.
1. Sword
2. Shovel
3. Pickaxe
4. The rest of my stuff that I use to play minecraft.

arhra
Jun 27, 2006
All this talk of strange and defaced moons is making me wonder how hard it'd be to fit this one into 32*32 or whatever the standard size is:

Also, a Majora's Mask moon should totally have phases that just make it get bigger and bigger, then suddenly reset to the original size at the end.

edit: And apparently I have strange hotbar habits. I keep a pick in slot one, then a selection of other tools and blocks (depending on what I'm doing), then have bow, sword, torches on the last three slots.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

1. Diamond Drill
2. Chainsaw
-
8. Torches
9. Cooked Pumpkin Wedges

edit: woops! It was the mods thread I didn't share this in. my mistake! Admire my quickbar loadout instead!

And this comic for the sake of the below poster!

Cheap Shot fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Oct 22, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Keep posting them as you make them, they are really good!

Also I'm gonna pretend nobody actually made a catgirl companion mod for my sanity.

Sabby23
Nov 10, 2010

Stay fresh!
We've all seen surface dungeons on ground level, but how about one embedded into the face of a mountain?

That's exactly how it looked when I found it (other than the little cave below, which is me being an idiot wondering where the spider noises were coming from). Anything other than a spider spawner and I probably would have noticed it a lot sooner than I did.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Zoe posted:

I'm not aggressive, just paranoid. I live in constant terror of spiders jumping on my head.

To be honest, I keep a sword in 1 because that's the default thing equipped when you join your map. I've stepped out of my door once too often and tried to kill a spider with a torch.

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Keep posting them as you make them, they are really good!

Also I'm gonna pretend nobody actually made a catgirl companion mod for my sanity.

Ahahahaha. A single catgirl companion mod? If there are less than five I will be seriously surprised. This is the internet we are talking about here.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Cheap Shot posted:

this is a link ^

It's been a while since I've done Minecraft art. I felt like going for it again so I made a webcomic. Please read it oh god!
I plan to keep going with it. Feedback appreciated. I went to post this on the minecraft forums but stopped when I realized the art section was nothing but fan fiction, so I'll be posting this here for now instead.
:psyduck:

Your comic makes me wish there was a cute-faced variant on creepers in the game that is friendly, won't explode, follows you around like a lost puppy, and will actually stop enemy creepers from exploding. :3:

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Times posted:

Your comic makes me wish there was a cute-faced variant on creepers in the game that is friendly, won't explode, follows you around like a lost puppy, and will actually stop enemy creepers from exploding. :3:

Achievement Unlocked! Don't Fear The Creeper

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
Cheapshot I remember when you were making crpg comics.....

I'm so happy for you that you got free of that cesspool

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

AN ANGRY MOTHER posted:

Cheapshot I remember when you were making crpg comics.....

I'm so happy for you that you got free of that cesspool

Good lord it was draining my SOUL! Those were some good comics though.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
Sometimes suffering causes the greatest art...

e: if you still want some doses of crpg goons we minecraft is up in keepcraft

e2: and goate was banned from that server so yay!

Lazermaniac
Sep 2, 2007
Do not stare into beam with remaining eye.
After a long search, I finally found a Mushroom Land biome. Being the patron of the sciences that I am, I immediately fed some wheat to two Mooshrooms. Lo and behold: a Mooshroom Calf!

Interesting bug: using the Shears on the calf will immediately transform it into an adult non-mushroom cow.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Times posted:

Buddy, have I got a mod for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrwSE_6xogI

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Doesn't the Elemental creeper mod include the pink creeper, which smiles rather than frowns and you can tame by giving something (was it gunpower) and then he follows you around like a wolf?

Archdeco
Oct 19, 2011

MikeJF posted:

Doesn't the Elemental creeper mod include the pink creeper, which smiles rather than frowns and you can tame by giving something (was it gunpower) and then he follows you around like a wolf?

Only when it has the yogbox textures. But yeah the rest of that is true.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Lazermaniac posted:

After a long search, I finally found a Mushroom Land biome. Being the patron of the sciences that I am, I immediately fed some wheat to two Mooshrooms. Lo and behold: a Mooshroom Calf!

Interesting bug: using the Shears on the calf will immediately transform it into an adult non-mushroom cow.

Oh come on guys there's even a brightness slider now, there's really no excuse for these black box pictures anymore v:mad:v

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

Monicro posted:

Oh come on guys there's even a brightness slider now, there's really no excuse for these black box pictures anymore v:mad:v

I can only conclude that the people who post those kind of screenshots have very dark tans from sitting in front of their monitors with the brightness turned up to "nuclear" all the time.

Greedish
Nov 5, 2009

what does this say
i don't even know
help
My request was lost due to the inventory discussion hold on let me grab it

Greedish posted:

Anyone know any good competitive multiplayer mods/plugins/adventure maps to play with my friends? Or cooperative for that matter! Finding good adventure maps that meet that criteria is harder than I thought it would be.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Gourd Avenger 1 by akito12345 has doubled-up equipment for co-op, and I think 2 does as well. They also made a third map called The Tower of Xotl, and probably did the same there. I can't remember but toggle's maps (The Wizard Burgmund, The Tree of Life and The Return) might have that too. None have any co-op specific puzzles though. If your server can handle it you could play Erek's Water Temple map on Peaceful. That's what I did, and it was pretty cool - the map's more about the story and investigation than combat, so in my opinion you don't lose much by switching to Peaceful. All these maps are linked to in the OP. The full Water Temple map is unavailable because the guy started splitting up each part of the map into its own map and only got halfway through, but I might have a copy of the original.

EDIT: you could also copy and paste the Skyblock a few times in MCEdit for a competitive map.

UnCO3 fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Oct 22, 2011

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

UnCO3 posted:

Gourd Avenger 1 by akito12345 has doubled-up equipment for co-op, and I think 2 does as well. They also made a third map called The Tower of Xotl, and probably did the same there. I can't remember but toggle's maps (The Wizard Burgmund, The Tree of Life and The Return) might have that too. None have any co-op specific puzzles though. If your server can handle it you could play Erek's Water Temple map on Peaceful. That's what I did, and it was pretty cool - the map's more about the story and investigation than combat, so in my opinion you don't lose much by switching to Peaceful. All these maps are linked to in the OP. The full Water Temple map is unavailable because the guy started splitting up each part of the map into its own map and only got halfway through, but I might have a copy of the original.

EDIT: you could also copy and paste the Skyblock a few times in MCEdit for a competitive map.

just picked up skyblock and why the hell did he put the thing in a snow biome? Goddang ice keeps refreezing

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Arkitektbmw posted:

just picked up skyblock and why the hell did he put the thing in a snow biome? Goddang ice keeps refreezing

It looks like when he made it in 1.8 it wasn't a snow biome but it changed in the version you're using.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

redmercer posted:

It looks like when he made it in 1.8 it wasn't a snow biome but it changed in the version you're using.

Think I figured a fix out. Put a block over the water source and it stopped freezing.

Jervas Dudley
Feb 18, 2007

Bro and Maplehoof: Go beyond the impossible!
:kamina:
Yeah, water only freezes in daylight. A warning for people on 1.9 pre4 (and the earlier pre-releases) in snow biomes snowfall will destroy torches, saplings, redstone, etc. It's a bug.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Jervas Dudley posted:

Yeah, water only freezes in daylight. A warning for people on 1.9 pre4 (and the earlier pre-releases) in snow biomes snowfall will destroy torches, saplings, redstone, etc. It's a bug.

It makes sense (except for redstone) and I like the challenge it creates. I just wish the items popped out instead of disappearing. And I wish snow looked right on stairs and halfblocks.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Jervas Dudley posted:

I thought that got fixed in pre4?

Anyway, I forgot about the chainworld for a while with all the 1.8 activity, but I am done now and sent it back.

Masiff, you're next.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Schwarzwald posted:

Buddy, have I got a mod for you.

:allears: :allears: :allears:
That has got to be the cutest mod in Minecraft ever.

Jervas Dudley
Feb 18, 2007

Bro and Maplehoof: Go beyond the impossible!
:kamina:

tinaun posted:

I thought that got fixed in pre4?

Maybe? Wiki doesn't say it's fixed, I saw the warning in the op for that skyblock map and thought I'd pass it on. I've mostly been playing on an island map since the 1.8 pre-release so I don't have any firsthand experience.

Drake Lake
Aug 7, 2003

I'm a respected community leader! A shining pillar of moral strength!
Considered doing the whole shebang, but no. I'll probably just do Main Street.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Why even tease me with that if you're not gonna do the whole thing :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willie Trombone
Feb 13, 2004

Yeah, if you understandably can't be arsed to do the whole thing, at least put it on a server after you get bored, or find someone who will, so that others can complete the rest (it's a drat good idea, I've only seen individual rides done by others before and I think this would be a way more interesting project).