Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

blablablabla posted:

I died a few mobs into blighttown now i have to go back down to get my corpse but I cant seem find a way up to the top of the depths. There is a way from the boss room to the top of the depths yes?

You need to leave from the bonfire and go to the right either up the flight of stairs or down a ladder. I forget which. You'll eventually come to a second butcher and a path to drop down back to where the zombies and dogs and the butcher was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Rumor has it that the parrying dagger has more parry frames than other weapons/shields. The item description also leads one to believe so. Is this even true? I haven't noticed any difference at all.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The cruelest thing in the game is that they made the last part the best titanite grinding area. I am sort torn between just finally beating it or amassing huge piles of titanite chunks.

Also, why haven't found a normal slab in the whole loving game? I have piles of colored slabs but no regular ones. grr.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

NESguerilla posted:

The cruelest thing in the game is that they made the last part the best titanite grinding area. I am sort torn between just finally beating it or amassing huge piles of titanite chunks.
I just grabbed enough to upgrade every non-unique weapon I thought I would ever use to +14. It didn't even take very long.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Vargs posted:

Rumor has it that the parrying dagger has more parry frames than other weapons/shields. The item description also leads one to believe so. Is this even true? I haven't noticed any difference at all.

I think it does, it seemed easier to use than other weapons. I might have just gotten a string of lucky hits against Gwyn though.

e: It never occurred to me to use the alluring skulls with the hogs. God drat it.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Oct 23, 2011

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...

NESguerilla posted:

Also, why haven't found a normal slab in the whole loving game? I have piles of colored slabs but no regular ones. grr.

You get a slab after the Stray Demon fight. Darkwraiths also have an infinitesimally small chance of dropping them.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Does he ever get back together with his daughter? After I saved her she went off to look for him.
You need to jump through a million hoops. I forgot who posted this, sorry:

quote:

Spoilery! Siegmeier of Catarina:

1. You first meet him outside of Sen's Fortress. Talk to him until he wakes up.

2. Open Sen's Fortress. Fiddle with the Indiana Jones trap. You have a chance of seeing our bro on a ledge somewhere in the fort, but this is an optional flag.

3. You will find him in a room in Anor Londo. Talk to him, then slay the Knights.

4. He will appear at Firelink. Say Yes when he asks if you rang both bells.

5. When you return to Firelink next, he will be gone. Find him in Blighttown, opposite the last bonfire. Give him 3 purple moss clumps!

6. You can find his daughter, Sieglinde, in the Duke's Archives just before the Crystal Caves. Defeat all the Crystal Golems. She inhabits a golden one. Beat its rear end, but don't hit her when she appears. Say Yes when she asks if you've seen daddy.

7. At Firelink, say Yes to Sieglinde when she asks if you've seen Daddy... She'll be gone next time you come here.

8. This part is hairy and I haven't performed all 3 possibilities. In Lost Izalith, there is a trap where you fall through the floor before meeting Bed of Chaos.

A. You can kill Siegmeier here and claim his ring.
B. You can kill all the octomaw enemies and he will say he is weak and give you his ring.
C. You can kill all but one octomaw enemy in the pit, weaken it, speak with him 3 times, jump down, he should jump down, finish off the last octomaw with his help. He will nap.
C 1. If he is less than 50% health, he may give you the ring.
C 2. If he is at greater than 50% health, he will nap (I know, right?). (This is the one I did.)

9. If he survives step 8, go to Ash Lake. (Haven't gotten this far.)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Do embers given to blacksmiths carry over in NG+?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

NESguerilla posted:

Do embers given to blacksmiths carry over in NG+?
No.

Hell Diver
Feb 2, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

hcenvirons posted:

You need to leave from the bonfire and go to the right either up the flight of stairs or down a ladder. I forget which. You'll eventually come to a second butcher and a path to drop down back to where the zombies and dogs and the butcher was.

From the bonfire you go down the hallway, take a left, go through the next few chambers and eventually see a hole in the wall on your left you can hop down to the beginning area from. This hole is right before the room with the pyromancer fella in it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is using a whip ever really viable? I have plenty of poo poo to make a lightning/fire whip or whatever at the moment and I think they are badass. Or am I just going to be wasting valuable stones upgrading one?

I thought it would be a cool secondary to compliment the massive zweihander.

Samurai Sanders posted:

No.

Ohhhh...poo poo. :( Gave some dudes large embers at the end of the game.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Oct 23, 2011

Rollie the Guar
Sep 12, 2011

You can't change nature, Jack.
The embers would be removed from your inventory since they're key items anyway, so don't worry about it.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Sorry Vamos, but if you didn't keep an open door to your shop next to the wheel skeletons maybe I wouldn't have smacked you by accident, but hey atleast you died by the sword you made me.

Oh and now I have a sweet viking hat.

ericthebear
Mar 4, 2011
Alright time to get grossly incandescent up in here. Summon me for Gaping. I'm the guy in a dress with the lightning spear and pyromancy. Don't laugh this dress owns.

Edit: Also I can backflip!

Edit Edit: okay seriously who black stones their phantoms when the boss has like one hit left.

ericthebear fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Oct 23, 2011

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Tempted to make a monk, running around with a pair of divine ceastus', also what are people's experiences with pvp parrying?

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...

ericthebear posted:

Alright time to get grossly incandescent up in here. Summon me for Gaping. I'm the guy in a dress with the lightning spear and pyromancy. Don't laugh this dress owns.

Edit Edit: okay seriously who black stones their phantoms when the boss has like one hit left.

You don't gain all the souls if you team up with other people on bosses, apparently. You do if you dispel them.

Basically, min-maxers being dicks.

lohli posted:

Tempted to make a monk, running around with a pair of divine ceastus', also what are people's experiences with pvp parrying?

I love cestus', but they're terrible and you will absolutely die horribly in PVP with them.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Started a pyromancer, hanging out in Undead Parish at SL15 and hoping to grind humanity through JOLLY CO-OPERATION on gargoyles. Can I afford to pad myself out to 17 or so, or would that put me out of the desirable range?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Should I be wearing that ring that looks super useful but breaks when I take it off? I swap out my rings all the time so it seems like I shouldn't ever put it on.

Also if I've done valley of drakes (rather short area... ?), anor londo and the basin + forests, is it time to do new londo or the duke place... ?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

redreader posted:

Should I be wearing that ring that looks super useful but breaks when I take it off? I swap out my rings all the time so it seems like I shouldn't ever put it on.

Also if I've done valley of drakes (rather short area... ?), anor londo and the basin + forests, is it time to do new londo or the duke place... ?

It's a tradeoff - the bonuses it gives you are VERY good, but you have to sacrifice flexibility for it since you're essentially giving up a ring slot for good.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

redreader posted:

It's a fantastic ring, and you don't really need that second ring slot, do you? It gives you +20% HP, stamina, and equip load. It only gets better with more points in vit and end.

You even get a chance to take it off once every NG+ cycle!

Gazmachine
May 22, 2005

Happy Happy Breakdance Challenge 4
Everywhere's done now - just need to pop this final soul into the Lordvessel and it's time to rock the final battle.

I just nipped back to Sen's Fortress to buy a fuckton of arrows and stamina herb from that nasty little poo poo shopkeeper who always puts you down and laughs about being there "to see your final, twisted grimace". Well I saw his final loving twisted grimace when I RicRaped him. He never knew I had it in me.

ericthebear
Mar 4, 2011

Miijhal posted:

You don't gain all the souls if you team up with other people on bosses, apparently. You do if you dispel them.

Basically, min-maxers being dicks.

I love cestus', but they're terrible and you will absolutely die horribly in PVP with them.

I mean if they are min-maxing to that extent why even bother summoning someone, just do it yourself. Not like its that hard, its vagina dragon. More like dicks being dicks.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I really hope they release the soundtrack separate from the guide in some form, or alternatively, the price of the guide+OST combo goes down some time. It's really beautiful and haunting.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

gravyflood posted:

Started a pyromancer, hanging out in Undead Parish at SL15 and hoping to grind humanity through JOLLY CO-OPERATION on gargoyles. Can I afford to pad myself out to 17 or so, or would that put me out of the desirable range?

I'm doing gargoyles at 17 right now, and I'm getting summoned just about as often as I do on my level 15 white phantom character.

That is to say, not nearly quickly enough for my liking.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

re: Lautrec I killed him in Anor Londo and then gave the Firekeeper soul to the Anor Londo firekeeper, was that a unique one to the Firelink keeper or can I revive her with any firekeeper soul, I think I hosed up.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Colon Parenthesis posted:

re: Lautrec I killed him in Anor Londo and then gave the Firekeeper soul to the Anor Londo firekeeper, was that a unique one to the Firelink keeper or can I revive her with any firekeeper soul, I think I hosed up.

Yeah, you did.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

w/e all will be resolved in NG++

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Sacrificial Toast posted:

It's a fantastic ring, and you don't really need that second ring slot, do you? It gives you +20% HP, stamina, and equip load. It only gets better with more points in vit and end.

You even get a chance to take it off once every NG+ cycle!

so it's worth it for me, since I put every third point into vit or end (end, vit, str/dex/attunement/whatever, repeat)

also am pissed at lack of s scaling since I put at least 23 points into dex before I read not to bother.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

ericthebear posted:

Hey I think I might've been summoned alongside you at one point. Jolly co-operation.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
God loving dammit I put my controller down while I was next to the blacksmith in Undead Parish and R2 got knocked as I did so. This led to me smashing him over the head with my weapon right after I'd given him the large amber for taking +5 gear to +6 or Raw. He killed me thanks to my controller being down and according to the wiki if that happens he will dissappear for good, I really don't have the heart to go back and check and even if he's still there it's a ridiculous amount of souls to get absolution. At least I wasn't too far in and I've already beaten the Taurus demon on this run but gently caress this is annoying (I was absolutely furious when it happened). I clearly need to exercise strict trigger discipline when interacting with NPCs.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Where's a good spot for someone who is level 45-ish to hang out to get summoned? At this rate I'll never get mah sweet lightnang boltz.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
There really needs to be some sort of time limit for dark phantom invasions. I'm sick of having them always run away and try to bait me into some mobs or something. YOU attacked ME, so why am I the one that has to go on the offense? It doesn't really make any sense that a dark phantom can just dick around forever preventing someone from moving forward until they hunt them down. Phantoms should have to hunt the players they invade, not the other way around.

(Players should also be ineligible for invasion if they're currently sitting at a bonfire. It's a pain in the rear end to be in the middle of repairing your stuff or kindling and all of a sudden getting kicked out of the menu because OH NO INVASION)

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

ActionZero posted:

God loving dammit I put my controller down while I was next to the blacksmith in Undead Parish and R2 got knocked as I did so. This led to me smashing him over the head with my weapon right after I'd given him the large amber for taking +5 gear to +6 or Raw. He killed me thanks to my controller being down and according to the wiki if that happens he will dissappear for good, I really don't have the heart to go back and check and even if he's still there it's a ridiculous amount of souls to get absolution. At least I wasn't too far in and I've already beaten the Taurus demon on this run but gently caress this is annoying (I was absolutely furious when it happened). I clearly need to exercise strict trigger discipline when interacting with NPCs.

The souls it takes to buy a pardon are pretty do-able once you unlock the door to the three stooges but that blacksmith sells the seal that unlocks it so you're kinda boned. Don't worry though, you second trip through will go by like nothing compared to the first one and you'll be back where you left off in almost no time.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

The Cheshire Cat posted:

There really needs to be some sort of time limit for dark phantom invasions. I'm sick of having them always run away and try to bait me into some mobs or something. YOU attacked ME, so why am I the one that has to go on the offense? It doesn't really make any sense that a dark phantom can just dick around forever preventing someone from moving forward until they hunt them down. Phantoms should have to hunt the players they invade, not the other way around.

you can use the banishment stone, I think it's a multi use item.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Lucky you, I have yet to get one despite being being human for most of my second character. :( I hope they fix the online before I lose interest in this.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Macksy posted:

Where's a good spot for someone who is level 45-ish to hang out to get summoned? At this rate I'll never get mah sweet lightnang boltz.
For 45 I would say Iron Golem or O&S are your best bets.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Ignore the invader and try to get to the boss door if you can. Obviously it doesn't work every time but if you make it to the boss they don't get poo poo.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

redreader posted:

you can use the banishment stone, I think it's a multi use item.

The white stone doesn't banish invaders - it's for sending friendly phantoms home without killing the boss, or to send yourself home if you're currently phantoming (either as friendly or an invader). If you could just kick out invaders with an item as soon as they arrived, what would be the point of invasion?

I don't have anything against being invaded - I understand it's a core mechanic of the game. I just think that the system as it stands favours invaders far too heavily at the moment. They risk nothing to invade (dying just sends you home - you don't even get hollowed), and once they've invaded they can really just wait around until their target gets killed by mobs and get full credit (if you're lazy, invade people in Tomb of Giants. People die there all the time. You don't have to do squat as an invader). There should be some sort of pressure on invaders to take an aggressive approach, otherwise it's just taking an already challenging game and adding an extra layer of "gently caress you" to it.

On the other hand, I do think that cracked red eye orbs should be sold by a non-darkwraith vendor. If they're going to make it so anyone can use them regardless of covenant affiliation, they should actually make them AVAILABLE to anyone regardless of covenant affiliation. The bonus for being a darkwraith should be the non-cracked red eye orb, not just "the ability to invade people period". (maybe have Patches sell them? It seems like it would be kind of his thing. Or the male undead merchant - he already sells Lloyd's Talismans which are a PvP item).

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Ignore the invader and try to get to the boss door if you can. Obviously it doesn't work every time but if you make it to the boss they don't get poo poo.

This is usually what I do, but depending on where an invasion happens, the boss door can be inaccessible/suicidal to rush. Dying to monsters to avoid dying to another player is somewhat counterproductive.

Macksy posted:

Lucky you, I have yet to get one despite being being human for most of my second character. :( I hope they fix the online before I lose interest in this.

Not really that lucky, considering that my build/gear/connection makes being invaded usually mean a trip back to the last bonfire I rested at and a run to recover my bloodstain (I'm so sick of being backstabbed in the face). Are you on 360? I think there are a lot of issues with numbers on that system between the fact that you have to pay for gold to play online, and also the fact that a lot of the online players are Japanese, and the 360 is super unpopular there.

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Oct 23, 2011

keldon
May 14, 2009
So I was blasting through NG+ without any real troubles, then I got back to S+O. Oh poo poo, what do I do against these guys this time? My pyromancy and lightning spear +5 were great up until now, guess I need a better weapon because I can't really do damage to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca
New Londo Ghosts :catstare: and my camera spazzes out even when I'm not locking on, killing me constantly.

Edit: Just got to the bottom of New Londo. Just, woah.

• Locked thread