Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

I typed random avatar and this happened.

Sockington posted:

The last three cars posted show everything great about AI :allears:

Specially that the pictures were taken after it left me on the side of the road while I called the PO (temps kept rising).

Ohh the adventures we will have together :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

mulligan posted:

I.. I.. MAY have made a big mistake....

Eagerly awaiting a thread about this.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

mulligan posted:

Glorious! Never a mistake. History.

Great Orb!
Feb 4, 2009

mulligan posted:

Let's hope that your username plays no part in this. :ohdear:

Also, this is the only Lancia I'd ever buy.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

mulligan posted:

That's a mistake I'd love to be able to make.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Priss In Plate posted:

hi there, how's it going

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

MiniFoo posted:

hi there, how's it going

First one there... there is an abandoned car dealership near me that has a white one sitting in the showroom. I really need to borrow it.

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

I know how much you like ponies so I got you a ponies avatar bro
man, what is that first one and how much will it cost me to get in the states, because goddamn

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

You're not allowed to post in AI if you don't know what a 037 is :colbert:

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I truly hate Craigslist. I really do.

1992 F350 4x4. 460 V8 with about 50,000 on a rebuild. Just the sheer size of this truck is mind boggling though. It needs some work and I am sure there will be a thread about this. But its nice to have to pull the boat, do work related items and all around pretty sweet truck. Paid a cool 2500 for this beast.

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

I typed random avatar and this happened.
Well it was less than US$9,000 (much less) ... no rust, no accidents, no modifications, but not exactly driven to church by an old lady.

I'll take proper pictures once I sort out all the electric gremlins and cooling issues, I'm planning a road trip with the car to Samana bay (God in heaven, mercy on my soul), you only live once right? :ohdear:

Hopefuly I can write a thread about it... sort of a road trip with a temperamental italian car, it should be "interesting" :)

I'm going to check out a Subaru Legacy 3.0R this weekend to replace my Legacy B4 Twin Turbo, so I'll have something more economical to drive around and devote more time to the Lancia.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

A5H posted:

You're not allowed to post in AI if you don't know what a 037 is :colbert:

I had no idea there was a road version but I guess it makes sense due to homologation rules. So to answer The Third Man's question - I'm guessing it would cost you a few vital organs if you could even find one.

mwells_cubed
Aug 7, 2003

WOW
This is a two-parter post:

On October 10th, 2011 my car was murdered by a retarded teenager, in a hurry to get home from school. He rolled a stop sign and t-boned me at probably 30mph or so, with me going 57-58ish. Smacked me really loving hard, spun my car into the other lane, fortunately facing the right way. My head slammed right into the side curtain airbag, I really hate to think what would've happened if I hadn't had that airbag. My passengers were fine, as well. Really, I miss the car, but I'm very proud that it did what it was designed to do, and did it well. And the total loss adjuster let me have the front arrowhead, so I'm happy that I have something to remember her by. :unsmith:

2011-10-10_15-07-28_206 by mwellscubed, on Flickr

2011-10-10_15-47-48_587 by mwellscubed, on Flickr

2011-10-10_15-48-00_774 by mwellscubed, on Flickr

2011-10-10_15-48-17_503 by mwellscubed, on Flickr

I had a rental Fusion for a week, although they only wanted to give it to me for 3 days, so I had to find a new vehicle quick. I trolled autotrader and craigslist pretty hard for about 4 days, checking out about a dozen cars, before I went back to the first result I'd found, but hadn't visited due to the fact that it was 120 miles away. So I road tripped to see the car, in the pouring rain, and after about a 20 minute test drive decided to buy it. Aside from one door ding and a few chips and scratches, the car is in terrific shape.

2011-10-23_16-21-55_177 by mwellscubed, on Flickr

2011-10-23_15-24-50_260 by mwellscubed, on Flickr

2011-10-23_15-26-05_945 by mwellscubed, on Flickr

For the time being, I'm really happy, but I'm still pretty shaken up about my first accident. Not to mention my back and ankle are still pretty hosed up. Driving isn't as fun to me as it once was, but I will say this car is pretty fun to drive.

2011-10-13_15-13-34_956 by mwellscubed, on Flickr

10.10.11 ~Never Forget~ :patriot:

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

BlackMK4 posted:

First one there... there is an abandoned car dealership near me that has a white one sitting in the showroom. I really need to borrow it.
Wait. You are telling us there is an abandoned 037 sitting around somewhere? :psyboom:
They built only 262 of these in the first place (of which several are probably destroyed now due to racing) and now they cost a loving fortune! Go and take pictures, please. I can't believe that someone would let that thing stay there for so long.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

mwells_cubed posted:

And the total loss adjuster let me have the front arrowhead, so I'm happy that I have something to remember her by. :unsmith:

Haha, when I go to collect my "personal items/remove plates" after the adjuster has looked at the car, it looks like some crackhead has robbed the car. I strip every emblem and anything else I want (new battery? etc) before sending it off with the insurance.

Done this twice now.

mwells_cubed
Aug 7, 2003

WOW

Sockington posted:

Haha, when I go to collect my "personal items/remove plates" after the adjuster has looked at the car, it looks like some crackhead has robbed the car. I strip every emblem and anything else I want (new battery? etc) before sending it off with the insurance.

Done this twice now.

Haha I guess I'm just really polite. :( Plus I hadn't actually signed off on the settlement at that point so I didn't want to piss anybody off. I really do regret not taking my $20 windshield wipers though! Also my battery was a piece of poo poo so they can have it. What I really wanted was my 3/4th tank of gas back. :argh:

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

mwells_cubed posted:

What I really wanted was my 3/4th tank of gas back. :argh:

That's the spirit! :yarr:

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Traded in the M3 for this 2005 E55 AMG, 55,000 miles. 479 horsepower, and torques...all of them. Ever. I can't even really describe it besides brutal, relentless power. It makes it seem so effortless, too. I was used to flogging the M3 like a Honda because of the power delivery, and this is the complete opposite.

I think I'm in love.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

mwells_cubed posted:

2011-10-23_16-21-55_177 by mwellscubed, on Flickr

2011-10-23_15-24-50_260 by mwellscubed, on Flickr

2011-10-23_15-26-05_945 by mwellscubed, on Flickr

I really like the color.

Nait Sirhc
Sep 11, 2001

wallaka posted:

Traded in the M3 for this 2005 E55 AMG, 55,000 miles. 479 horsepower, and torques...all of them. Ever. I can't even really describe it besides brutal, relentless power. It makes it seem so effortless, too. I was used to flogging the M3 like a Honda because of the power delivery, and this is the complete opposite.

I think I'm in love.

Hahaha. Enjoy the car, I sure as hell loved mine. I did the opposite, though... went from the E55 to an e39 M5.

Check out the w211 AMG forums over at mbworld.org, it's a decent forum that has a lower amount of VIP/hellafrush/dubbz retards than most. Also, go turn on dyno mode, and drive around for 10 minutes. You will gain a whole new level of appreciation for the 9 billion different traction & stability management features the E55 uses, once you drive 100 feet with all of them turned off.

I'll miss all of the awesomeness that the E55 embodies, but I love the M5's 6MT and it's got 400hp to the E55's 480. Plus, I have no car payment anymore :)

Nait Sirhc fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Oct 24, 2011

Nait Sirhc
Sep 11, 2001

thealphabetsez posted:

Good heavens, that car looks perfect. Maybe a slight drop in the front, and things would be heavenly!

Heh, ironically, the reason it looks off is because I'm running 245/45/18s in the rear, and 245/40/18s in the front. They're just used tires for now because it's not cold enough to run my set of 245/40 Blizzaks.

The taller tires in the rear fill out the wheel wells nicely, but I don't want to put them up front for fear it might rub on the spring perches. Once I get 245/40/18s on all four corners, though, the car will definitely look like it needs an inch drop. :/

In other news, brake pads, rotors, pad wear sensor wires, MAFs, O2 sensors, and replacement 545i cupholders showed up today! Hooray for having a car I can work on in the garage again (after converting my netbook into an EasyDIS/INPA/SSS station).

mwells_cubed
Aug 7, 2003

WOW

CharlesM posted:

I really like the color.

Thanks, I like it too. It's probably the first car I've owned where I truly like the color, as opposed to being satisfied with the color. :)

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

wallaka posted:

I think I'm in love.

Sweet ride, man.

I am of the firm belief that on the whole, AMG Mercs are probably the greatest cars in the world*

The difference between a stock Mercedes and an AMG-tuned one is night and day and NOBODY does imposing exhaust notes quite like them.

* Apart from the depreciation and fuel mileage

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

KozmoNaut posted:

Sweet ride, man.

I am of the firm belief that on the whole, AMG Mercs are probably the greatest cars in the world*

The difference between a stock Mercedes and an AMG-tuned one is night and day and NOBODY does imposing exhaust notes quite like them.

* Apart from the depreciation and fuel mileage

I'm a firm believer in letting someone else eat the depreciation. These have pretty much bottomed out, much like the e46 M3. I had been on the lookout for a decent mileage example for a while, and it came together finally.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
my daily ride '06 supercharged Cooper S

arty low angle shot

parked hard

a new grill installed this weekend

not pictured is my '91 BRG Miata collecting dust in the driveway

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I know I just posted my ride a page ago, but in that time everything magically turned from green to brown.

Edit: from last page about Monte Carlos

VacaGrande posted:

My neighbor in the middle of Capitol Hill had an SS identical to the one posted earlier and parallel-parked that whale every single day. Hats off to that dude.
I knew it was a long car but it didn't really register just how long until I looked it up just now. 197.9 inches. .2 inches longer than a Dodge Magnum. Now I don't feel so bad about the one time I completely failed to parallel park it in D.C., and better about all the times I succeeded.

davebo fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Oct 24, 2011

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

parrhesia posted:

Wait. You are telling us there is an abandoned 037 sitting around somewhere? :psyboom:
They built only 262 of these in the first place (of which several are probably destroyed now due to racing) and now they cost a loving fortune! Go and take pictures, please. I can't believe that someone would let that thing stay there for so long.

Pics will come tonight, I get off work at 5 and I will run home and grab my camera.

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

:woop:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

davebo posted:

I knew it was a long car but it didn't really register just how long until I looked it up just now. 197.9 inches. .2 inches longer than a Dodge Magnum. Now I don't feel so bad about the one time I completely failed to parallel park it in D.C., and better about all the times I succeeded.

Hmm, that doesn't seem that bad. More than a foot shorter than a Crown Vic, for example. Does it have a really bad turning radius?

Helushune
Oct 5, 2011

Priss In Plate posted:

Let's hope that your username plays no part in this. :ohdear:

What about the Stratos? I love the Delta Integrale but I'd also buy a Stratos to go with it in a heart beat.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

kimbo305 posted:

Hmm, that doesn't seem that bad. More than a foot shorter than a Crown Vic, for example. Does it have a really bad turning radius?

Not at all. Better than my Corvette in fact.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

winter.mute posted:

my daily ride '06 supercharged Cooper S

arty low angle shot

parked hard

a new grill installed this weekend

not pictured is my '91 BRG Miata collecting dust in the driveway

Looks nice. I have an 03 S but I put the black aero grille on instead of the chrome one

ballpoint
Nov 8, 2009

My new car! It's an Infiniti '09 G37 Journey - pretty much base sadly

I took a few artsy photos of it. I love the car, I've been saving up for it for a while now. Great to have the power of the 370z engine with the convenience of a sedan. Now I just hope I don't get into too much trouble...

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

ballpoint posted:

My new car! It's an Infiniti '09 G37 Journey - pretty much base sadly

I took a few artsy photos of it. I love the car, I've been saving up for it for a while now. Great to have the power of the 370z engine with the convenience of a sedan. Now I just hope I don't get into too much trouble...

If my work didn't require me to have some kind of hatch/SUV for loading equipment I'd have a G37 sedan for sure. I'm looking at new cars and leaning toward an E35 right now, which is about as close as I can get.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

wallaka posted:

I think I'm in love.

I would stab a loved one in the face for this car. I would prefer it over anything else in this thread and there is no better colour than black for it. I envy you sir.

Does it have 'sports' seats in it? Or are they the normal super comfortable E-class ones that are more like a lounge chair?

RapeWhistle
May 26, 2009
I've had this car for a few years now, but I don't think I've posted it here(the audi)

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.
That's sharp.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Jealous of all you guys with S2000's.

Both of those look great though!

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

Money, Clothes, and Hoes;
All a Nigga Knows
I've had it since May or so, never posted it on here though.

2001 Golf 1.8T 5 Speed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

RapeWhistle posted:

I've had this car for a few years now, but I don't think I've posted it here(the audi)

Very nice. I love Ultrasports.