Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Is lonesome road the final DLC? I'm asking because I played through Fallout 3 twice. Once at release then again after all the DLCs were out and I don't think I have the stamina to do the same again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot
We believe so. There hasn't been anything announced in the works and Rope Kid hasn't dropped by to tell us anything different to get us worked up so they have probably moved on. The gold/all-in-one edition will probably pop up and some point later though.

Astroturf Man
Nov 2, 2006
Falsifying grassroots support since 2006!
I'm at L30 and I'm getting legion assassins with a 12.7mm SMG, a brush gun, a marksmans carbine and an assault carbine (also plasma grenades). They're pretty deadly unless you keep them at range and snipe them.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Recently bought NV and all the dlc, fun times

So I found the best gun in the game, It's like a gauss rifle only hideous and rusty.

It does around like greater than 210 damage per shot with maxcharge micro fusion and is pretty much bullshit.

It is this thing http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/YCS/186

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
I checked the wiki and apparently the assasins spawn and actually search for you on the game world. Someone already mentioned that if i zip around the map it is very unlikely to see any assasins so :ms:, thanks for the replies.

Regarding the DLC play order, i followed the release order but switched places with LR and OWB (played last). All of DLC's except Honest Hearts are connected through couple of NPC's and i think playing OWB->DM->LR is the most sensible option given the emphasis on Elijah and Christine (also Elijah says that you are not the courier he expected at the start of the DM sort of creates "other Courier huh? Maybe i should look up to that after surviving this death trap" during OWB.

Honest Hearts can be played whenever you want but i think playing it first is better so you can enjoy the nifty toys you got from Zion.

I have finished every DLC and almost every major quest but i can't find heart to finish it because i will be left out in the cold till Skyrim release. I want to play a Legion run without being a murderous sociopath but they become so cartoonishly evil after some point in the game (which is at the beginning actually). I wish there was be an option to become Ceasar (maybe there is?) and turn Legion into less bloodthirsty crucifixion machines :ohdear:.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Motherfucker posted:

So I found the best gun in the game, It's like a gauss rifle only hideous and rusty.

It does around like greater than 210 damage per shot with maxcharge micro fusion and is pretty much bullshit.

Gotta agree with this, been playing a energy weapons guy and was doing okish, then I found this and suddenly I'm sniping deathclaws from across the map with pinpoint accuracy, almost feels like a cheat weapon it's so strong.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Gotta agree with this, been playing a energy weapons guy and was doing okish, then I found this and suddenly I'm sniping deathclaws from across the map with pinpoint accuracy, almost feels like a cheat weapon it's so strong.

Combine that poo poo with the divide dlc and you have EDE spewing out microfusion cells on demand which you can than make into maxcharge right there at the scene.

AND if the thing breaks from using overcharged cells you can just have EDE repair that poo poo, no parts required.

I mainly wear the elite riot gear because it looks cool, I don't actually die anymore.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

I'd mind the assassins less if they actually had any sort of tactical skill other than "walk in a straight line, announce your intent, and proceed to lose immediately".

If they all crouched on a ridge and sniped me or lay mines in a narrow path or something it would be a lot more interesting.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I think one of the most deadly ambushes in the game that doesn't involve Super Mutants and Deathclaws is the raider ambush on the Nipton-Novac road if you follow the highway. There are couple of frag mines most likely to injure your legs and 5-6 raiders on each side of the hills with hunting rifles and shotguns. I got killed so fast during my first playthrough there.

Actually the enemies could be much harder if they ran into opposite direction of player, no matter what they seem to obsessed with closing in even if they have AMR's or Grenades.

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory
I only ran into one legion hit squad in my entire playthrough... AFTER I beat lonesome road.

That playthrough had over 100 hours on it. :psyduck:

I ran into them outside of Primm. :psyboom:

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Galewolf posted:

I think one of the most deadly ambushes in the game that doesn't involve Super Mutants and Deathclaws is the raider ambush on the Nipton-Novac road if you follow the highway. There are couple of frag mines most likely to injure your legs and 5-6 raiders on each side of the hills with hunting rifles and shotguns. I got killed so fast during my first playthrough there.

Actually the enemies could be much harder if they ran into opposite direction of player, no matter what they seem to obsessed with closing in even if they have AMR's or Grenades.

That encounter was bullshit.

I remember getting there wearing some metal armor wielding a cowboy carbine with like 20 shots left after taking out vulpes and his dogs and his legion rear end slaves than next thing you know, exploding traffic cones and full auto machinegun fire from on high.

Too bad that poo poo is scripted.

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

Motherfucker posted:

Well, I'll be... Another reference to these hallowed forums. Rope Kid done us proud.
(Read the origin of the name).

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Father Wendigo posted:

As an aside, this is a really easy way to completely and unintentionally wipe out places like the 188 when you're on your way to something nearby, say Vault 11 or Boulder City.
This happened to me during my main playthrough. I went to sleep on one of the beds near Alexander. When I woke up, Legion Assassins with 12.7mm Pistols and a Sniper Rifle were fighting NCR Heavy Troopers with LMGs up top. Everyone but the Brahmin and the Forecaster got involved. Everyone died. :stare:

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

If only Increased Wasteland Spawns Mod didn't caused my rig to shat itself from bloated spawns. I loaded that once and witnessed 20+ combatant skirmish around Vault 3 and it was glorious (also ended up with a CTD naturally).

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

rope kid posted:

This happened to me during my main playthrough. I went to sleep on one of the beds near Alexander. When I woke up, Legion Assassins with 12.7mm Pistols and a Sniper Rifle were fighting NCR Heavy Troopers with LMGs up top. Everyone but the Brahmin and the Forecaster got involved. Everyone died. :stare:
It may have been the power armor and the gauss rifle, but Veronica murdered the poo poo out of ever centurion and dog-on-his-head-motherfucker who came near there. I still ended up losing everyone but her.

I now make it a necessity to compulsively reverse-pickpocket better gear onto everyone. They still usually die. :(

As an aside, I stared Honest Hearts last night, and it began to rain in-game. I'm disappointed you can't have a panic attack in front of Follows Chalk.

Father Wendigo fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Oct 22, 2011

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax
Are these Legionary Assassin spawns occurring during subsequent playthroughs? I know with Fallout 3, Enclave soldiers will spawn before they are supposed to after you've beaten the game and started over.

Mikael Kreoss
Feb 13, 2011

by Fistgrrl

The Good, the Bad, and the Sleepy: Legend of the Pajama Samurai. Coming soon to a theater near you!

Astroturf Man
Nov 2, 2006
Falsifying grassroots support since 2006!
Given the Khans are supposed to be supplying the fiends with drugs Jack has a really lousy level of stock. Yes, Diane, I know you "only deal in wholesale quantities". That's precisely the volume of drugs I need.

I'm leaving them alone because of the drugs the armorer but prior to the dam mission they're going to get thoroughly curbstomped.

Astroturf Man fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 22, 2011

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.
The game is supposed to use your base intelligence for determining skill points when you level up, right? Mine isn't, twice now I've only got 11 skill points instead of 12 when I went up a level while drunk. I've never noticed this happening before.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The skill point bonus from Intelligence is half of what it was in Fallout 3. If you have an odd-numbered Intelligence you're getting x.5 skill points every level up, so 11 at one level and then 12 skill points the next.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Why the hell can't I brag about killing Caesar to Col. Hsu or Ambassador Crocker? Makes me feel like no one cares I killed everyone in his camp BY MYSELF!

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

AlmightyBob posted:

Why the hell can't I brag about killing Caesar to Col. Hsu or Ambassador Crocker? Makes me feel like no one cares I killed everyone in his camp BY MYSELF!
Killing Caesar is one of those things that is maybe unavoidably half-implemented, because it's kind of a huge deal.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I guess it's kind of like assassinating the president in the middle of a giant war, it's not really going to change things that much

but yeah, it's too bad that it wasn't much bigger of a deal. The NCR should have put a drat statue of you outside the embassy like that terrible mission in Oblivion :colbert:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
It's certainly a big deal to the Chairmen in the Tops. Seriously, kill Caesar and then try to walk around the Tops without hearing at least one guy yell out "Heeeey, you're the guy that killed Caesar!"

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Even working with the NCR every time They never make you a soldier. Seems like it would be cool if you could actually sign up with the NCR or BoS and not just do odd jobs for them. Honorifics aside.

And is there an option to let benny win besides your death? Because it seems he sits on his thumbs forever otherwise.

Sam.
Jan 1, 2009

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:

Kharmakazy posted:

Even working with the NCR every time They never make you a soldier. Seems like it would be cool if you could actually sign up with the NCR or BoS and not just do odd jobs for them. Honorifics aside.

The Brotherhood makes you a Paladin if you complete Still in the Dark.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Sam. posted:

It only took five loving games for me to become a Paladin. Thank you rope kid for finally making it possible!

CommanderCoffee
Feb 27, 2011

Ladies.

Sam. posted:

No, no. After Still in the Dark, you can ask to join the Brotherhood, and he sends you on the quest Sight to the Blind. You just plant a radio bug on Black Mountain Radio, and he's all, "Cool, welcome to the BoS."

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Kind of odd how he wants you to bug a scorched, corpse-filled crater, but there you go.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

SynthOrange posted:

Kind of odd how he wants you to bug a scorched, corpse-filled crater, but there you go.

He wanted you to do that so they have access to all the equipment up there, didn't he?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
You whack the doodad he gives you on the console that is used for transmitting Tabithas Radio transmissions.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Well that's that, 133 hours later I've completely my first playthrough. To be perfectly honest, if I didn't have so many other games in my backlog I would load New Vegas right back up and start all over again :allears:

I chose to go independent and boot the Legion and NCR out of the Mojave at the end and I was a little disappointed with how it was implemented. While I enjoyed wiping out the Legion, ESPECIALLY when I broke the Legate's spirit and the highly-vaunted BEAST tried to run from battle, I was somewhat disappointed with how aggressive almost every option is for dealing with the NCR afterward. I had hoped to be able to keep New Vegas independent under me/Yes Man, but allow the NCR to continue working in the Mojave itself, but it just wasn't an option that I could see. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, I'd enjoy getting to do that.

Next time I play is definitely going to be as a Pro-Legion, violence prone, low intelligence bastard - if only so I actually get to hear Caesar speak!

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Is there a particular reason why the dude outside the Silver Rush really is loving pissed at me and wants me dead? I did the quest to find dirt on the Van Graffs yeah, but that didn't do anything to cause aggression or whatever I thought, since I took the non-lethal route? Dude is really mad at me.

Thinking back, their greeter DID try killing me randomly like fifty hours ago and I nailed him across the map, does that agro all the Van Graff folks?

CommanderCoffee
Feb 27, 2011

Ladies.

Zorak posted:

Is there a particular reason why the dude outside the Silver Rush really is loving pissed at me and wants me dead? I did the quest to find dirt on the Van Graffs yeah, but that didn't do anything to cause aggression or whatever I thought, since I took the non-lethal route? Dude is really mad at me.

Thinking back, their greeter DID try killing me randomly like fifty hours ago and I nailed him across the map, does that agro all the Van Graff folks?

It was repatched a few months back so that they attack you anyways.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

CommanderCoffee posted:

It was repatched a few months back so that they attack you anyways.

... why? How would they even know?

CommanderCoffee
Feb 27, 2011

Ladies.

Zorak posted:

I wouldn't know why, but I'd like to think that Jackson decided to rub their faces in it and sent them a messenger saying, "We got an agreement between you and the Crimson Caravan, and the Courier gave it to me, you're in trouuuuuble!"

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Zorak posted:

How does the Legion know that you're dealing with Yes Man?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I would love for the guy who did the New Vegas Bounties mod do a series of quests that lets you advance in position and rank with the NCR or Legion Army.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Strudel Man posted:

How does the Legion know that you're dealing with Yes Man?

Vulpes woodenly walking up to people in the Tops corridors and saying,"Hale and well met, Daddy... Oh. Say, pal, what is that :airquote:cool dog:airquote: the Courier up to at the present time?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Zorak posted:

Some important documents went missing mysteriously after you walked into the shop?

I mean, you aren't exactly the great thief Mask☆DeMasque here.