Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drwprtcht
Mar 14, 2011
Sorry if this has been posted already...but xsusenet is offering free 1mbit accounts right now.

http://www.xsusenet.com/en/

Gogogogo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003

drwprtcht posted:

Sorry if this has been posted already...but xsusenet is offering free 1mbit accounts right now.

Gogogogo

Nice. What backbone do these guys serve from?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Smeep posted:

I run files through MetaGenerator to get synopsis/cast/jpeg, etc., before I PyTivo them over, because I'm anal like that and I want all my TiVo shows to look the same. Is there a way to attach the meta data automatically with Sickbeard?

Yes. Config > Post Processing

DanManIt
Sep 5, 2008
Has anyone ever used newsgroupdirect for a provider? They are offering 1TB block account for 50$ today was thinking of picking that up

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

Is there a quick/simple way to make Sickbeard/SABnzbd NOT download or process anything between a certain time? They're both set to launch when windows starts but I'd rather not have anything being processed if I'm just quickly checking email and news while I get ready for work and will be shutting down after 20 minutes.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
SAB has a scheduler that will pause and unpause during certain times. Not sure why you care if sickbeard is running or not, all it does is pass nzb url's to SAB. Shouldn't take up any resources.

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

Nitr0 posted:

SAB has a scheduler that will pause and unpause during certain times. Not sure why you care if sickbeard is running or not, all it does is pass nzb url's to SAB. Shouldn't take up any resources.

It doesn't, but either wanted Sickbeard to not pass nzbs during that time, or SAB to not download, a solution to either would work.

Will check out the scheduler, I'll try making a rule to pause at 7am and resume at 9am and see if that works.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
I was thinking of a utility that'd be super handy today- Does something exist that scans your media library and Netflix's streaming library then provide a list of things you have that you can delete because they're already on Netflix? Seems like that'd be a really radical addition to both Sickbeard and Couchpotato if you could add Netflix's streaming catalog as another search destination. I mean, if I can stream something in HD off Netflix, there's not much reason to be hogging up drive space keeping a copy locally that I can think of.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

DanManIt posted:

Has anyone ever used newsgroupdirect for a provider? They are offering 1TB block account for 50$ today was thinking of picking that up
I've had them since May and I'm very happy with the service.

Other than some obvious DMCA takedowns from companies who are known for that and really old stuff I have not noticed many missing parts.

BlackRider
Dec 28, 2004
Can't believe I've been using torrents all this time.. Always knew about usenet but didn't realize block accounts existed or how slick the process had gotten. Bought a blocknews account and I'm setting up sickbeard now.

Great OP. With Canada really cracking down on piracy (especially torrenting) in the new year I can see a lot of people looking into this. Love seeing my connection max out (ISP was throttling torrent traffic).

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008
Is there a way to prioritize one backup server over another in SABnzbd? If there are two backup servers designated, how does it determine which one to try first?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

io_burn posted:

I was thinking of a utility that'd be super handy today- Does something exist that scans your media library and Netflix's streaming library then provide a list of things you have that you can delete because they're already on Netflix? Seems like that'd be a really radical addition to both Sickbeard and Couchpotato if you could add Netflix's streaming catalog as another search destination. I mean, if I can stream something in HD off Netflix, there's not much reason to be hogging up drive space keeping a copy locally that I can think of.

Netflix HD streams are like 1/2 to 1/3 the bitrate of your average encode.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Thermopyle posted:

Netflix HD streams are like 1/2 to 1/3 the bitrate of your average encode.

And transient; what's available today may not be available in three months.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Are there any plans to support user/pass authentication for nzb file association, or to bypass it? If you have a username/password set up for sabnzbd and you disable the API key, nzb file associations are broken. Running an nzb just gives the error:

2011-10-25 18:44:58,805 WARNING: Authentication missing, please enter username/password from Config->General into your 3rd party program:

I hate typing api key so I disabled it, I'd like to keep it off, but if I lose file associations, it's sort of a no go.

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

DanManIt posted:

They are highwinds, unless you want to have a block account to back up your block account expect a lot of wasted gigs. Stuff seems to be disappearing within a day or two of being posted. Spend a tiny bit more and get something more reliable.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

drwprtcht posted:

Gogogogo

They've been doing it for some time. Good luck being able to actually use it though.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

drwprtcht posted:

I got it and the account seems fine. However, the SABnzbd "test server" only works if I use port 119, and not either of the SSL ports. Does SSL work for anyone else okay?

\/ Works for me now, too. Weird.

Gromit fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Oct 26, 2011

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Fine for me on 443.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

SlipperyNipple posted:

They are highwinds, unless you want to have a block account to back up your block account expect a lot of wasted gigs. Stuff seems to be disappearing within a day or two of being posted. Spend a tiny bit more and get something more reliable.

I'm with newshosting, who I'm sure are listed as a highwinds reseller, and while I do have a block account elsewhere I find it's rarely touched, maybe 6gb over 6 months and about 3tb transferred. I've been backfilling from 1,000 days ago with no problems. They used to be hit and miss, but recent experience has been pretty great.

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003
Since upgrading to r34 of Couchpotato, when I try to add anything, the little wheel spins indefinitely and it never adds anything. Am I missing something obvious here?

BlackRider
Dec 28, 2004
I feel like I must be missing something obvious here. Is there no button in SABnzbd that lets you open the folder your files are being downloaded to? Or a way to launch the file you've downloaded? It seems like I just have to browse to it manually through Windows Explorer, seems disconnected.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

BlackRider posted:

I feel like I must be missing something obvious here. Is there no button in SABnzbd that lets you open the folder your files are being downloaded to? Or a way to launch the file you've downloaded? It seems like I just have to browse to it manually through Windows Explorer, seems disconnected.

Yep. No button. Unless you set up some script to automatically open the directory upon completion.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

BlackRider posted:

It's a web client and can be accessed over a network or the Internet, so it would have to know where you are accessing it from and what OS you are using.

But perhaps such a feature could be added (with a flag) that would assume you are using it locally, and provide a link to open explorer (or whatever)?

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Thermopyle posted:

Yes. Config > Post Processing

Hmmm. Thanks, but I'm still not getting it. It looks like I can only choose from MediaBrowser, WDTV, XBMC and Sony PS3, but none of those will work with pyTivo I don't think. Right now I'm using MetaGenerator Version 3, but I thought maybe there'd be some way to make it work automatically.

Softcox
Jul 13, 2004

But I will not hesitate.
Not for a second.
Quick SickBeard question: I have SickBeard set up and working on my Asus RT-16n router (TomatoUSB firmware) which is pretty friggin' great. However, when I try to set it to listen on all interfaces (web_host = 0.0.0.0) it just ignores this and switches back to 192.168.1.1 only.

Any ideas anyone?

edit: OK I'm retarded... config file wasn't saving for some reason :smith: works now!

Softcox fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Oct 27, 2011

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008
Not sure if many are still using newzbin but if you are you might want to find something else.
http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/27/uk-court-orders-isp-to-block-newzbin-2-filesharing-site-within-t/

quote:

Pirates just can't catch a break these days. Way back in July, a British judge ordered telecom company BT to block its subscribers from visiting a site called Newzbin 2, on the grounds that the ISP had "actual knowledge" of customers using the platform access copyright infringing content. An appeal was soon filed, but yesterday, it was shot down by a high court. Under the order, BT will have 14 days to seal off access to Newzbin 2, and will have to do so on its own dime -- something the provider was aiming to avoid. The decision marks the first time that an ISP has been forced to block access to a filesharing site, something the Motion Picture Association heralded as "a win for the creative sector." BT, meanwhile, didn't have much to say about the ruling, stating only that "it is helpful to have the order now and the clarity that it brings." Less certain, however, is the impact this order will have on future copyright lawsuits and web censorship, in general. Find the ruling in its entirety at the coverage link, below.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
I cancelled my trial Newsdemon account two days ago and never got offered a discount :smith:.
Do I really need an unlimited account if I have a Blocknews one? What's the recommended provider right now? I don't want to pay more than $10 if possible.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Polidoro posted:

I cancelled my trial Newsdemon account two days ago and never got offered a discount :smith:.
Do I really need an unlimited account if I have a Blocknews one? What's the recommended provider right now? I don't want to pay more than $10 if possible.
If you can wait for black Friday there will surely be a ~$7/month plan from somebody decent.

Blocknews has a calculator on their site to help see if you could do better on an unlimited plan.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Smeep posted:

Hmmm. Thanks, but I'm still not getting it. It looks like I can only choose from MediaBrowser, WDTV, XBMC and Sony PS3, but none of those will work with pyTivo I don't think. Right now I'm using MetaGenerator Version 3, but I thought maybe there'd be some way to make it work automatically.

I just assumed you could do something with one of those. pyTivo isn't exactly widely used compared to the other options. You'll have to write a script to transform an XBMC nfo file into pyTivo's format, or convince pyTivo devs to stop using their own silly metadata format.

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

Polidoro posted:

I'd go with Supernews. Using the link in the OP, you can get it for $9.99/mo. They offer unlimited data and unlimited bandwidth, and their retention over 1150 days (and growing).

Noxious
Oct 22, 2002

Allow me to give you free stuff, or I will stalk you and poison your family.

Mthrboard posted:

I'd go with Supernews. Using the link in the OP, you can get it for $9.99/mo. They offer unlimited data and unlimited bandwidth, and their retention over 1150 days (and growing).

I have been very happy with my Supernews account. I have had it over a year now and had no problems. The growing retention is awesome. The speeds and price are also very good. Then again I have never used any other Usenet provider so I am not a very good resource. I guess the most you can take away from this is that I have never had a problem.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
Ok, I'll give Supernews a try, thanks!

crspyjohn
Oct 28, 2011

Wicaeed posted:

For you Win 7 + Sab/Sickbeard users out there, is there any way to make Sickbeard run at Windows start (like SABNZBD does), but NOT open a new browser window when it's finished launching?

edit: gently caress like 25 seconds later I find the
code:
launch browser = 1
line in the config

edit2: which apparently does nothing...hmm
Uncheck this Launch BrowserShould Sick Beard open its home page when started?
Then put a shortcut to sickbeard into your startup folder

Does the trick for me.

----->>>>

I setup a special monthly usenet plan for all you somethingawful members :) hope you enjoy it.

$6.99 unlimited monthly plan

http://www.thecubenet.com/support/cart.php?gid=6

Use promotion code: somethingawful699

Promotion runs until November 1st, 2011
<<<<------------

I work hard at theCubeNet

crspyjohn fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Oct 28, 2011

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

Drizzt01 posted:

Not sure if many are still using newzbin but if you are you might want to find something else.
http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/27/uk-court-orders-isp-to-block-newzbin-2-filesharing-site-within-t/
That's nothing. Check out these two SUPER HAPPY FUN NEWS ARTICLES:

PROTECT IP Renamed E-PARASITES Act; Would Create The Great Firewall Of America

E-PARASITE Bill: 'The End Of The Internet As We Know It'

tl,dr: Should this bill become law, basically everything ever will become a felony.

PS: Contact your congressional representatives.

Gimperial
Oct 5, 2006

And then there was silence...

crspyjohn posted:

I setup a special monthly usenet plan for all you somethingawful members :) hope you enjoy it.

$6.99 unlimited monthly plan

http://www.thecubenet.com/support/cart.php?gid=6

Use promotion code: somethingawful699

Promotion runs until November 1st, 2011
<<<<------------

You paid $10 to join somethingawful just to tell us this?

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

crspyjohn posted:

I really should have told you this when you emailed me, but my mailbox frequently moves at a breakneck pace.

SH/SC isn't the place to sign up and advertise stuff at. That's what SA-Mart is for, and they have very specific rules about how and when you can advertise stuff.

Also, you're just another Highwinds reseller, right? What differentiates you from all the other Highwinds resellers?

crspyjohn
Oct 28, 2011
I'll check out the SA-Mart. Thanks for the tip!

and I been interested in joining somethingawful for awhile but didn't want to fork out the $10. It's a pretty cool place.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

These pipes are cleeeean!!!
Sickbeard decided to stop downloading stuff a few days ago, anyone had this issue? I've updated it twice since then and I still can't get it to search for shows. There aren't any errors in the logs either (doesn't even mention searching for shows when I click the search button on an episode).

Nevermind, was a bad init script.

Ashex fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Oct 29, 2011

Turd Eater
May 11, 2003
Looks like crspyjohn got autobanned and removed the promotional code

vvv that's a bangin' deal

Turd Eater fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Oct 29, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gimperial
Oct 5, 2006

And then there was silence...

To be honest it's a pretty good deal, I've been using it since he posted it and have had great speeds and no problems with retention, at less than half what I was paying before.

He should just have posted it in SA-mart, not here.

e: and with the code it's $4.50 a month, not $7. just hope he doesn't cancel it :(

Gimperial fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Oct 29, 2011