Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Turn 10 should start a new franchise. License the '24 Hours of Lemons' name, and fill it to the brim with rusted and/or smashed up economy cars. You get a $500 budget to buy and upgrade the car (you can sell parts such as doors to stay under budget) and then take it out to race.

I've felt for years that Turn 10 should branch out to other type of racing. Motorcycle and rally racing to begin with, but shitbox racing would be a good niche product too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

GreatGreen posted:

Maybe I've just watched too much Top Gear but supercars are where it's at for me.

Mid-range cars are pretty cool and I've even had more fun than I thought I would racing slow-as-christmas modern hatchbacks and whatever, and I never really cared about the ultra-modern, track-only racecars much at all, but 458s, Zondas, Enzos, Ford GTs, Apollos, Veyrons, and Sesto Elementos (pushing it) and the kinds of ridiculous cars that you might actually see on the road beside your own car once in a blue moon (Sesto Elemento not included) and are the kinds of cars I'll spend all day long driving.

Can't wait for a DLC pack of cars like those.

The Koenigsegg Agera is an absolute beast. I used it for one of the track day Rival events. Getting a clean lap was absolutely comical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnaT50NyjL0

Taming these supercars and making them driveable in 4 is much more fun than 3 was for some reason. In 3 they were just sort of unmanageable death traps. The visual and audible feedback in 4 makes driving them much more rewarding.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.
God yeah a metro would be great. Did you know, they're the first car to have assymetric folding rear seats? They're also basicly a square Mini. My mums old metro (rotting on the drive currently, bless it) did 45k without changing the oil, unless someone did it at MOT time without billing us (highly unlikley).

Its also got cheap "turbo" stickers on the boot, people keep knocking on the door asking if they can buy the engine out of it for their Mini.

I'm hoping theres enough demand for british cars that one day they'll make a classic british car pack, I hope :ohdear:

Also, bring back caravan racing from super skidmarks 2 on the Amiga! IT had a Mini, Turn10, why don't you?

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

BlackLaser posted:

Oh no :ohdear:

I hope this is a one off and not a sign of things to come. There's not a whole lot you can do with cars that are R3, anything above that is pretty much useless against the proper race cars. If they're all B-S class then that would be nice.

Still, I'd rather have a pack of F-C class shitboxes.

e: I'll post this too as I found it quite useful.
http://myforzagarage.com/wheel_weights.php
It's a list of all the wheels and their weight in Forza 4.

Jarf fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 26, 2011

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Captain Hair posted:

God yeah a metro would be great. Did you know, they're the first car to have assymetric folding rear seats? They're also basicly a square Mini. My mums old metro (rotting on the drive currently, bless it) did 45k without changing the oil, unless someone did it at MOT time without billing us (highly unlikley).

The Metro was actually supposed to replace the Mini (and was called the Mini Metro initially).

Yeah that worked out.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Enjoying the driving in this game much more than FM3, also nice to see the Audi S5 has been replaced with the Dodge Super Bee as leaderboard breaking car of choice. There are some stupendous designs in the storefront.

Dudley posted:

The Metro was actually supposed to replace the Mini (and was called the Mini Metro initially).

Yeah that worked out.

They made 2 million of them, it wasn't exactly a massive failure

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.
I remember the metro from my days of watching rally-cross on eurosport, they seemed to be everywhere.

PeppysDilz
Oct 9, 2011

Edmund Honda posted:

Enjoying the driving in this game much more than FM3, also nice to see the Audi S5 has been replaced with the Dodge Super Bee as leaderboard breaking car of choice.

I can't imagine T10 won't fix the dodge V10 swaps. I mean if you are going from 425hp to 800hp and losing 100 PI that just seems wrong. Also having all 441PI cars (the Darts) at the top of the B500 leaderboard doesn't make their PI system look very good.

The PI system is definitely much better. If you want to take a muscle car you can race it against Evo's/STI's competitively. It's just that one swap as far as I can tell.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That said, the PI system is dramatically improved from FM3 if you set up private spec races.

I haven't seen anyone be able to set up an overly dominant car yet.. excepting the ones that are obviously bugged like the Dart. AWD was basically a guaranteed win in FM3, as were american muscle. But now everything seems competitive.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
I thumb my nose at the supercar elite.

Lookit dat bucket. Wanna race dat bucket.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

DrPain posted:

I thumb my nose at the supercar elite.

Lookit dat bucket. Wanna race dat bucket.

That's a really good job dude, well done :)

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.

Sunday Punch posted:

That's a really good job dude, well done :)

Oh I guess I should give credit, I found this on the storefront.

Search VW Rabbit keywords "rusty" or "wrecked".

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

i hope that design is for sale on the storefront, with the description of "God's Chariot".

edit: nice, ill be buying and rockin it tonight

SynMoo
Dec 4, 2006

PeppysDilz posted:

I can't imagine T10 won't fix the dodge V10 swaps. I mean if you are going from 425hp to 800hp and losing 100 PI that just seems wrong. Also having all 441PI cars (the Darts) at the top of the B500 leaderboard doesn't make their PI system look very good.

The PI system is definitely much better. If you want to take a muscle car you can race it against Evo's/STI's competitively. It's just that one swap as far as I can tell.

The problem is that it isn't really a glitch, it's just an unfortunate mathematical result of how the PI system works with its mystical test track. I think the best way to solve this would be to have three PI tracks (short, med, long), then average the PI result. I don't see that happening in a title update.

The Nissan Leaf also benefits from this, but it isn't even an engine swap that does it, just the regular upgrades. It pretty much kills on short/medium tracks in D class because it can accelerate so quickly out of turns.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

xzzy posted:

Turn 10 should start a new franchise. License the '24 Hours of Lemons' name, and fill it to the brim with rusted and/or smashed up economy cars. You get a $500 budget to buy and upgrade the car (you can sell parts such as doors to stay under budget) and then take it out to race.
I would play the hell out of that, as I find I have much more fun driving the F and E classes in this game.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
In terms of poo poo cars, we really need the Chevrolet Lacetti (c'mon, we have the Suzuki Liana and the c apostrophe d, why not all three?) and a Lada 2102 (which might actually necessitate the invention of G-class, as I'm not entirely certain a 2102 can reach 100 km/h without going downhill at the time).

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

A potential addition to Top 10 Shittiest Cars: Honda City!

blodycoughbynewport
Oct 26, 2008

Sponsored by Big tobacco!
I'd loving kill for some highway tracks too
(and the ability to do track day races online so that the highways have traffic)

CanOfMDAmp
Nov 15, 2006

Now remember kids, no running, no diving, and no salt on my margaritas.
Has anyone thought about starting a new car club? I just picked up the game last night and want to get into some online races, but LLJK and GISH are full up. No idea what to call it though, otherwise I'd start one.

(also i have no idea what i'm doing yet)

TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day

xzzy posted:

I've felt for years that Turn 10 should branch out to other type of racing. Motorcycle and rally racing to begin with, but shitbox racing would be a good niche product too.

Lemons would be a great idea, in part because it suggests some new upgrade ideas and would demand a better damage / pit model.

This game would be so much better with a decent pit system.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
I'm trying to improve my paintjob, does anyone know what the Japanese writing on the hood says? I'd love to be able to add it to my car, but unless I can find a high res copy I don't want to end up with I LOVE COCK on my car because I drew the words wrong.

Otherside.

Ak Gara fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Oct 26, 2011

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

CanOfMDAmp posted:

Has anyone thought about starting a new car club? I just picked up the game last night and want to get into some online races, but LLJK and GISH are full up. No idea what to call it though, otherwise I'd start one.

(also i have no idea what i'm doing yet)

There's a decent amount of dudes I've never raced with in LLJK and I'm on all the goddamn time, so maybe we should start moving those dudes to a new club and trying to consolidate the most active members into one.

On the other hand, this may be a terrible idea because that's all I ever come up with, so yours might work better.

TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day

Cannot Find Server posted:

There's a decent amount of dudes I've never raced with in LLJK and I'm on all the goddamn time, so maybe we should start moving those dudes to a new club and trying to consolidate the most active members into one.

On the other hand, this may be a terrible idea because that's all I ever come up with, so yours might work better.

If someone wants to go to a 2-club model for SERIOUS versus not so, I'm down with not so. Sounds fine to me.

Needs cross-club rivalries...

CanOfMDAmp
Nov 15, 2006

Now remember kids, no running, no diving, and no salt on my margaritas.
I'm hoping I can play a lot, but I don't think I'll be in the "serious" category of players. I just wanna tune cars and race with goons. If there are players who aren't really doing anything online in LLJK or GISH I'd like to join, but I can just make a new one and post about it on here.

EDIT: Also, just got to driver level 4 in the world tour, these cars suck.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

I just realized it's the same words on both sides, duh.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!
Alll this talk of lovely cars and you all miss the gem. Why can't we have a Fiero! There shouldn't be any performance upgrades for this F100 beauty, but under Aero, there should be a TON of bodykits for Ferraris and such.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Hey Falken my Gallardo S beat your Gallardo S' time again on the Supercar Showdown :coal:

Rivals mode is the best thing.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

This post is closed pending further reasearch.

However, my old tag SAPopeOnARope *finally* got an unban from Turn10. Meaning I can access my LCE and Season Pass content again. I'm currently debating whether to migrate from EnjoyTheSilenc3 to it.

Okay, so I don't need to migrate.

The LCE DLC (Tracks, cars) which are registered to another tag are available under two sets of circumstances: Either you're on the console where things were originally registered, OR IF the tag with DLC is signed in WHEN you boot the game on your normal tag THEN the DLC is available. Fun.

PopeOnARope fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Oct 26, 2011

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

I only have a Logitech DFGT, so no wheel for me on Forza yet. It might be a while. But yeah, i'm gonna poopsock this game and will be posting a lot of impressions.

I already have my GT if you want to add me; omgitsbees
I'll add you tonight!

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

double post.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

Jarf posted:

Rivals mode is the best thing.
Rivals mode is the worst thing. It shows me how much I suck and eats up so much time.

On the other hand, it's like playing a slot machine that's set to some ludicrous payout option.

That said, the next time Turn 10 has a car livery design contest, I'm definitely entering even though my skills at painting are poo poo. Jesus Christ, the gallery for that contest is just one long stream of awful. I wondered how they could pick this for the best car, then I realized they'd picked the least worst option. I don't know what I would have done, but let me just say that if you are going to do any kind of homage to Back to the Future, you probably shouldn't, but if you still feel you must, at least have the decency to have the wrap look like the goddamn time machine.

I'd like to also state that it should be obvious that if you use any logos or copyrighted material from anything but the ones the contest says to use, you're probably not going to win.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I have that Firebird hood decal. I downloaded it off the storefront in FM3. It imported and I have it in FM4 now. It's probably locked. Could I share it?

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

Ak Gara posted:

I'm trying to improve my paintjob, does anyone know what the Japanese writing on the hood says? I'd love to be able to add it to my car, but unless I can find a high res copy I don't want to end up with I LOVE COCK on my car because I drew the words wrong.
This high res image seems to make the lettering pretty clear. Clear enough to accurately copy it, anyway.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

BlackLaser posted:

The Koenigsegg Agera is an absolute beast. I used it for one of the track day Rival events. Getting a clean lap was absolutely comical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnaT50NyjL0

Taming these supercars and making them driveable in 4 is much more fun than 3 was for some reason. In 3 they were just sort of unmanageable death traps. The visual and audible feedback in 4 makes driving them much more rewarding.

You obviously haven't tried using the SSC. It has 50% more torque than the Agera. It spins the wheels in the first 4 gears and is almost impossible to keep in a straight line.

I did a Rivals challenge with it and left the car in 5th gear.

I still bested a decent time by a good couple of seconds as it just pulls like a freight train on the straights.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Dr. Faustus posted:

I have that Firebird hood decal. I downloaded it off the storefront in FM3. It imported and I have it in FM4 now. It's probably locked. Could I share it?

If you search for firebird on the storefront, there's a real good one that doesn't need a black background.

einTier posted:

This high res image seems to make the lettering pretty clear. Clear enough to accurately copy it, anyway.

Where the hell did you find this?! I've spent all day googling for pictures and coming up short. Thanks!

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Ak Gara posted:

If you search for firebird on the storefront, there's a real good one that doesn't need a black background.

I found a bunch of eagle decals on Stormfront, but none of them seem to be appropriate.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

Ak Gara posted:

Where the hell did you find this?! I've spent all day googling for pictures and coming up short. Thanks!
I did a quick search for "Keep the Dream Alive GT-R" and then selected "Large Images Only".

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

Puddin posted:

You obviously haven't tried using the SSC. It has 50% more torque than the Agera. It spins the wheels in the first 4 gears and is almost impossible to keep in a straight line.

I still bested a decent time by a good couple of seconds as it just pulls like a freight train on the straights.

Nope, not yet, but I will now. :awesome:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

einTier posted:

Rivals mode is the worst thing. It shows me how much I suck and eats up so much time.

On the other hand, it's like playing a slot machine that's set to some ludicrous payout option.

That said, the next time Turn 10 has a car livery design contest, I'm definitely entering even though my skills at painting are poo poo. Jesus Christ, the gallery for that contest is just one long stream of awful. I wondered how they could pick this for the best car, then I realized they'd picked the least worst option. I don't know what I would have done, but let me just say that if you are going to do any kind of homage to Back to the Future, you probably shouldn't, but if you still feel you must, at least have the decency to have the wrap look like the goddamn time machine.

I'd like to also state that it should be obvious that if you use any logos or copyrighted material from anything but the ones the contest says to use, you're probably not going to win.

Some guy is literally saying "WHY DIDN'T THEY CHOOSE MY INCREDIBLE HULK LIVERY?" right now. That or the guy that put an alien on it. Maybe they spent a lot of time making those, but seriously, you think they are going to put trademarked content owned by someone else on their car?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaverickSWAT
Feb 17, 2011

Puddin posted:

I hosted a goon race on Le Mans with the SSC. Everyone ended up losing control when the race started. The key to using it is going about half throttle in gears 1-3. Once you get to 4th gear you can go full throttle without too much trouble.

• Locked thread