Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!

Ravingsockmonkey posted:

In Twitter related news, SCSA tossed out a few cyber beers last night and didn't stunner anyone. Has he gone soft, or is he driving to all of our houses to stunner us in person? :ohdear:

Oh the stuns will come, they'll come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Austin Aries is defending TNA on twitter. Wait. what?

http://twitter.com/#!/austinaries

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

coconono posted:

He's so angry at ~SMARKS~!!!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

coconono posted:

He's talking poo poo to a rather large troll I know from another forum, A-Double is the greatest man that ever lived.

e: Lone Rogue is right too. They've not missed a step with Austin Aeries since he's been back, unless you count putting him in matches with a very baked Brian Kendrick.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Oct 27, 2011

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Also, Hogan strikes me as the kind of guy who would punish Aries if he said "I know, I know, TNA sucks".

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

coconono posted:

Austin Aries is one of the best used guys in TNA right now. They've done nothing wrong with him. He has every reason to defend the company at this point.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Also, Hogan strikes me as the kind of guy who would punish Aries if he said "I know, I know, TNA sucks".

Yea are we really going to pretend Hulkster isn't petty and crazy enough to totally punish someone for going 'ha ha yea it's dumb'?

Dude isn't gonna poo poo where he eats, even if he eats a poo poo sandwich every week.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Glitterbomber posted:

Yea are we really going to pretend Hulkster isn't petty and crazy enough to totally punish someone for going 'ha ha yea it's dumb'?

Dude isn't gonna poo poo where he eats, even if he eats a poo poo sandwich every week.

Aries made an argument on his twitter how he worked his rear end off for zero money in ROH for years and his trip to TNA now is basically his way to now get paid to wrestle well. When WWE wouldn't even make him a cast member of Tough Enough, do you really fault the guy?

Plus he's a master of karaoke.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Glitterbomber posted:

What? Hogan himself slags off the company all the time. If Aries was to slag off HOGAN that'd be a different story, but I very much doubt he gives the first drat about what people are saying about the product.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

flashy_mcflash posted:

What? Hogan himself slags off the company all the time. If Aries was to slag off HOGAN that'd be a different story, but I very much doubt he gives the first drat about what people are saying about the product.

Hogan is the type where he can say what he wants, guys like Angle and Hardy can say what they want, but some short non-star like Aries would get poo poo on for slagging the company.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Hogan is the type where he can say what he wants, guys like Angle and Hardy can say what they want, but some short non-star like Aries would get poo poo on for slagging the company.

And if he ever became a star anywhere else Hogan would stampeded to the closest camera to cut a promo saying how he taught this kid everything he knows jack.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Even bigger stars like AJ are getting slagged on for making GBS threads on Hogan, but then he gets a title shot at the next PPV.

But people need to recognize that maybe, just maybe, Aries likes his job? Look at CM Punk. It goes without saying that he's been extremely mis-used but he's supporting the WWE and trying to call people out on saying Raw is poo poo then watching the next week. Maybe Punk enjoys his job, even if his place of work sucks?

Aries has zero reason to complain right now in TNA. They pay him far more than he ever made in ROH and he's being built around their X Division.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Frilled Lizard posted:

Found @CrankyVince through a Bryan Alvarez retweet.... some of it is stupid, but I can't stop reading. :(
Attention everyone, if you don't want Edge's "God Pyro" going off when you climax, I don't want to even know you.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Lone Rogue posted:

Even bigger stars like AJ are getting slagged on for making GBS threads on Hogan, but then he gets a title shot at the next PPV.

Wait, what? AJ's getting a title shot? Good match, that.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008

Wait, what? AJ's getting a title shot? Good match, that.
It's against Bobby Roode who wins the belt off Storm on TV next week.

Yep.

Beasley
Sep 20, 2008

You better get ready to die.
I'm plugging my twitter just because. @LovinNickLovin

Suspension here I come!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wojtek posted:

It's against Bobby Roode who wins the belt off Storm on TV next week.

Yep.

Nope, there's a dim possibility that somebody might come out of this looking good. TNA has to try harder.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Nope, there's a dim possibility that somebody might come out of this looking good. TNA has to try harder.

They managed to kill a sure thing in Daniels/Styles with an awful stip so be patient

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
I'm guessing that Garrett plans to be a wrestler.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Beasley posted:

I'm plugging my twitter just because. @LovinNickLovin

Suspension here I come!

Well, that's partially what this thread is for.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Tommy Dreamer posted:

WOW GREAT GAME Babyfaces go over w/ their finish. Evil GM looking to get his heat back tomorrow at game 7. #everythingiswrestlingtome

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
Hulkster getting allllll metaphysical up in this bitch.

http://twitter.com/HulkHogan/status/129348955858415616

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
So do you wear the Eat Suit with your meat shoes or what?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

He's so angry at ~SMARKS~!!!

He did that exact same gimmick when he was on Colt Cabana's podcast.

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

He did that exact same gimmick when he was on Colt Cabana's podcast.

Dude rabidly hates smarks. There's a million stories of people approaching him after shows and telling him, "Hey, great match," only to have him snap back, "How the gently caress would you know, you don't know the loving business," and then chew them out.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
I met Austin Aries at a fan meet & greet in Melbourne and he was totally awesome. Very chill guy, but then again I wasn't trying to smark it up like a douche. I even got him to put me in a mock crossface chicken-wing for a photo!

Danielson was also there and when I asked him if he could do the same thing he just deadpanned me, "No", and I jokingly replied, "Yeah, you'd probably break my neck or something huh", and he deadpanned back, "Yes".

I believed him.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Saul Goode posted:

I met Austin Aries at a fan meet & greet in Melbourne and he was totally awesome. Very chill guy, but then again I wasn't trying to smark it up like a douche. I even got him to put me in a mock crossface chicken-wing for a photo!

Danielson was also there and when I asked him if he could do the same thing he just deadpanned me, "No", and I jokingly replied, "Yeah, you'd probably break my neck or something huh", and he deadpanned back, "Yes".

I believed him.

Was Danielson being funny in any way or was he really just being a jerk the way you sort of described him?

Maybe he was having a bad day.

Danielson can't be bad!

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
He was being serious insofar as I don't think the man would half-rear end a wrestling move just for a photo opportunity (he was very cool to talk to otherwise). The photo I've got of him he's smiling from ear-to-ear and I've got this apprehensive grin on my face like I'm half scared he is going to break my neck at any minute.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Tursas posted:

Disgusting patrons of @TheSaraDelRey should store monies for her impending medical costs instead of courting affections with cheap trinkets.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
If Tursas can ever do promos the way he does blogs and Twitter, he'll be one of the best guys in wrestling.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Tursas is the best. Sorry DM Punk, he is not amused.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

I can only imagine the phrase 'courting her with cheap trinkets' to be pronounced in the voice of Christopher Lee.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Seems like Court Bauer has something brewing with the best promotion name in wrestling: http://twitter.com/!/mlwwrestling

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Tursas is awesome.

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Tursas is awesome.

James is going to be Tursas for Halloween. Pictures will be forthcoming.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

WWE blocking the latest True Long Island Story - are you serious bro?

ZackRyder posted:

Kind of shocked WWE blocked Episode 37 of Z! TLIS...I figured they liked all of the money they've been getting by putting ads on my videos

RE-editing/RE-uploading Episode 37...hopefully it doesn't get blocked this time

Happy Happyist
Jul 23, 2007

I need your assistance to make the world blue and change it into a happy and peaceful society.

Semiru posted:

WWE blocking the latest True Long Island Story - are you serious bro?

Since they changed the phrase on the back of his shirt, maybe they don't want him saying "Take Care, Spike Your Hair" anymore? I can't believe it took them 2/3 of a year to realize that was his catchphrase, even though he's said it on RAW multiple times.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Happy Happyist posted:

Since they changed the phrase on the back of his shirt, maybe they don't want him saying "Take Care, Spike Your Hair" anymore? I can't believe it took them 2/3 of a year to realize that was his catchphrase, even though he's said it on RAW multiple times.

It took four months for Vince McMahon to realize that his WWE Tag Team Champions were wearing masks to the ring.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Edwardian posted:

James is going to be Tursas for Halloween. Pictures will be forthcoming.

:neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Lone Rogue posted:

It took four months for Vince McMahon to realize that his WWE Tag Team Champions were wearing masks to the ring.

Didn't Vince used to be really hands-on with the product years ago? It's kind of surprising how out-of-touch he is now.