Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

This was actually pretty funny the first time but now they've run the poo poo out of it and it's annoying me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIYvD9DI1ZA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

:stare:

What the hell are you watching?

mwells_cubed
Aug 7, 2003

WOW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uBt1oawCkY

This commercial is loving killing me.

What's worse is everybody in the comments section thinks it's the most hilarious thing ever.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

mwells_cubed posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uBt1oawCkY

This commercial is loving killing me.

I was coming to this thread to rant about that ad. Man Arby's, not since the Ovenmitt has a worst ad campaign.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I keep wondering if that is Nick Swardson and if it is man he's gotten fat, maybe too much Arby's is the problem.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

I'm getting a little tired of those seafood restaurant with the giant crab claw hitting people. The first few were kind of amusing, but it's gotten a little too :smug: now.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I keep wondering if that is Nick Swardson and if it is man he's gotten fat, maybe too much Arby's is the problem.

hahahah holy poo poo I will never unsee it.

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I am so glad I am not the only person who wonders this. But this ad is terrible. Did they tire of RB that quickly?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I saw this Shark Steam Mop commercial last night for the first time and wished I had a shoe on so I could take it off and throw it at the TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJQgyGMqosw

May 1, 2008

ಠ_ಠ

Brain In A Jar posted:

This was actually pretty funny the first time but now they've run the poo poo out of it and it's annoying me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIYvD9DI1ZA

I've never heard a New Zealand accent before and I didn't read the description until after the video so I thought it was hilarious because they were dubbing the voices or something. Couldn't understand what they were saying at first but the "LEGEND" part at the end was pretty funny.

aquatic sideshow
Nov 21, 2005

by I Ozma Myself
Portlandia commercials make me want to avoid Portland like it's Detroit.

aquatic sideshow
Nov 21, 2005

by I Ozma Myself
Geico eat poo poo for your stupid unfunny poo poo on IFC. I tell everyone I know to ignore you because of your lovely commercials: eat poo poo and die, you suck.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

aquatic sideshow posted:

So they're...effective? :confused:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

aquatic sideshow posted:

I agree. It's worse than when people post stupid and wrong articles from that Onion site. Worst. Editors. Ever.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

SpacePig posted:

I never got the feeling that she was supposed to be talking to them in that commercial. Like, there's no back and forth between them. It's more like she's commenting on the comments they give the chicken.

That said, I do hate that series of commercial, though. They just seem so fake overall.

In addition to all that other fakeness, I'm convinced that whenever you see a hand come into the frame holding a little card (that says something like 'only ¢99') over a shot of a sandwich, that its been superimposed there in post production. I can't quite figure out why they would go through the trouble of doing that instead of just doing it for real in the shot, but something about the way the hand moves makes me think it's not really there.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Anyone seen that commercial for, um, tacos or something, with some doofus shouting that "I'm black ops". It has quickly become my most hated current commercial.

Those match.com commercials where they showcase peoples' awkward first date smalltalk are also pretty aggravating.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Promoted Pawn posted:

In addition to all that other fakeness, I'm convinced that whenever you see a hand come into the frame holding a little card (that says something like 'only ¢99') over a shot of a sandwich, that its been superimposed there in post production. I can't quite figure out why they would go through the trouble of doing that instead of just doing it for real in the shot, but something about the way the hand moves makes me think it's not really there.

I think it's so that they can change the price, if need be. Like, suddenly it's not 99c for a chicken sandwich, but is 1.99 for a chicken sandwich and a coke. Go get that stock footage and put a new hand in there!

I think the last time Wendy's filmed entirely new commercials for different things was when Dave Thomas was still around.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I hate the ad with the Angry Birds creator talking for a solid minute about a website. It takes forever and I don't care if your lovely flash game for housewives made money.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Rirse posted:

I hate the ad with the Angry Birds creator talking for a solid minute about a website. It takes forever and I don't care if your lovely flash game for housewives made money.

Moustache is funny.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Maxwell Lord posted:

Moustache is funny.

Exploshuuuns.
I dunno, I like it. Mainly because it reminds me of the hovercraft discussion from the Metalocalypse pilot :3:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I'M BLACK OPS!

Die!

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Wow, Drug Free America, way to advocate something way more dangerous than using drugs. The new commercial has some kid freerunning on the top of apartment buildings and jumping from rooftops like out of The Matrix. I was waiting for the kid to screw up and splatter himself on the pavement.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!

Mister Kingdom posted:

I'M BLACK OPS!

Die!

The San Fran Giants will need to replace that guy in their lineup if he ever tries to steal my XXL Chalupa, I can tell you that. :colbert:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Doc Hawkins posted:

So they're...effective? :confused:

I don't know about him, but Portlandia commercials make me want to avoid watching Portlandia.

The actual show makes me also want to avoid watching it.

Rirse posted:

Are you angry, Rirse?

...You look angry.

raditts fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Oct 31, 2011

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Angry Birds was a fun enough game. Having said that, I want it to get the gently caress off my TV now.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

The Moon Monster posted:

Anyone seen that commercial for, um, tacos or something, with some doofus shouting that "I'm black ops". It has quickly become my most hated current commercial.

Ugh. Brian Wilson is in commercials for like loving everything these days. It's extra annoying because they all revolve around his whole "I'm crazy in a way that's totally wild and hilarious! But maybe also dangerous? I'm the Zach Galifianakis of baseball! Look at my loving beard!" gimmick.

It was sort of interesting when the Giants' pitcher just showed up out of the blue to games with a dyed ZZ Top beard but watching 5-odd commercials try (and fail) to straddle the line between vaguely menacing and family-friendly accesible is grating as hell. And you know it's only a matter of months before everyone else is gonna jump on this "I'm so random" bandwagon too.

I miss the days when athletes pretended to be wholesome and whitebread.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
If you want white bread look up any commercial Sidney Crosby has done in Canada, including one actually for bread.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

ElwoodCuse posted:

If you want white bread look up any commercial Sidney Crosby has done in Canada, including one actually for bread.

Crosby looks so awkward and uncomfortable in those situations that I have to wonder if they even tell him what the commercial is for.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I assume somewhere in this thread there has been extensive bitching about the Bud Light man-card ad campaign? I can't find it in the last five pages....

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

VanSandman posted:

I assume somewhere in this thread there has been extensive bitching about the Bud Light man-card ad campaign? I can't find it in the last five pages....

That might be because it's a Miller Lite ad campaign.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Am I the only one annoyed by the Ford "news reporter" ads?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
You know, the new McDonalds ad may be the first time where I agree with the "bitchy" girlfriend about the man being a total loving idiot.

Seriously, what the gently caress is the appeal of the McRib? And it comes back EVERY loving YEAR, this isn't a surprise.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

404GoonNotFound posted:

You know, the new McDonalds ad may be the first time where I agree with the "bitchy" girlfriend about the man being a total loving idiot.

Seriously, what the gently caress is the appeal of the McRib? And it comes back EVERY loving YEAR, this isn't a surprise.

The McRib is awesome that's why, it's just a gross sticky mess that tastes like bbq sauce and garbage disposal scraps, but there's just something about it that is just loving magical and no one knows what it is.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

You're certainly doing a bang-up job of selling us on it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I think its got something to do with the BBQ community belief that 'ribs are the best'. That's my assumption, anyway; never had one. Might try one next time I go by a McDonalds.

Am I the only one aggravated by the new Tide commercial? :psyduck: "You suck at folding." "hahahaaa...*throw down laundry, clearly about to walk offstage*" And his big-rear end grin is fake as poo poo. Is this supposed to be selling me on laundry detergent?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
poo poo, I'm gonna go get a McRib right the gently caress now.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Mister Kingdom posted:

I'M BLACK OPS!

Die!

I can't help but giggle every time he slaps the dude's hand as he takes away his chalupa.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

VanSandman posted:

Ya its Miller Lite but I hate it.

Man.....its so manly to drink watered down piss beer. But not Bud Light's watered down piss beer, just Miller Lite's watered down piss beer.

I love being a beer snob.

404GoonNotFound posted:

That girl is in like every commercial. And she's kinda hot and has a funny voice.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Toffile posted:

That might be because it's a Miller Lite ad campaign.

My mistake. Did I miss that ragefest or...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I think its got something to do with the BBQ community belief that 'ribs are the best'. That's my assumption, anyway; never had one. Might try one next time I go by a McDonalds.

There was a long time where it went off the menu and would only pop up in certain places, so it had a dedicated fanbase that would track it down whenever it came on the menu somewhere because people will eat dogshit if it's made artificially scarce. It's like girl scout cookies for human garbage.