Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Elysiume posted:

I'd been trying to get her tail, and then I found out that she reappears at 50% health, so I followed the simple method of walk into her, kite right, and jab. Turns out she doesn't reappear.

Does bleed work on the Four Kings, by any chance? I am really, really not impressed with my chances, here. All I have is a Quelaag's Furysword +5 in the way of strong weapons.

I think to make her reappear, you have to damage her fast enough to make her flinch. My Lightning Zweihander always does it in one or two hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I think she reappears as soon as you hit her with some pyromancy.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

Elysiume posted:

Yeah, if you attack Priscilla in the Painted World and you can't kill her, you're completely hosed if you sat at the fire. Like, game-totally-ruined hosed.
I am 99% sure you can still leave during the fight the normal way.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Sacrificial Toast posted:

Soul farming in Dark Anor Londo kind of sucks with that Balder armor rear end in a top hat who just parries anything you throw at him that isn't a jump attack. I even bashed him with my shield once, and he parried it. Then when you gently caress up, you get booted to the extinguished Anor Londo fire and have to sprint all the way up to the Duke's Archives to warp back. :(
He can't parry a great chaos fireball to the face. I was using pyromancy against those two with great success. Easily the most efficient farming.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Cinroth posted:

I am 99% sure you can still leave during the fight the normal way.
Nope. You just die.

vv: With a shield and the lightning spear you pretty much can't lose.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Oct 31, 2011

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
Welp in that case if ever caught in that situation it's either grind/become not horrible at the game or consider some Imminent Resignation.

the night dad
Oct 23, 2006

by XyloJW

darkhand posted:

Not if you rest at the bonfire in the abyss. But yeah, homeward bone is what I meant by "know what you're doing"
You can use the bonfire in the abyss and warp out, lord vessel, or not.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I was white phantoming in the Paint World and me the summoner were tearing poo poo up. We took out the Scripted black phantom in no time, we got all of the treasures, and were about to get to the end when we were invaded by a player named, not joke, I_Love_Pricilla. Dude used the Lifehunter Scythe and was fully dragon.

Me and the summoner were backstabbed and one shotted by the guy.

But I got my revenge when he invaded my world. Just used tranquil walk of peace and force emitted him.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

SgtSteel91 posted:

I was white phantoming in the Paint World and me the summoner were tearing poo poo up. We took out the Scripted black phantom in no time, we got all of the treasures, and were about to get to the end when we were invaded by a player named, not joke, I_Love_Pricilla. Dude used the Lifehunter Scythe and was fully dragon.

But I got my revenge when he invaded my world. Just used tranquil walk of peace and force emitted him.

This is the greatest. I loving love gimmick invaders/assisters

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Second-highest in the 360's Book of the Guilty is called Big Hat Logan. :haw:

The highest of course is an SL1 Pyromancer called 'some house cat'.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Oct 31, 2011

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Pyromancy works well against Priscilla. You can also get out your bow and aim high; one or two near headshots will reveal her.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Gah that Priscilla dagger would be PERFECT for my thief guy. I hope I get it this time.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Rough Lobster posted:

Gah that Priscilla dagger would be PERFECT for my thief guy. I hope I get it this time.

If your in the mid 60's I have a soul sign up. Me and another phantom helped the first guy who summoned me get it.

bat duck
Jul 23, 2001

Rough Lobster posted:

fight is really easy, so just get a weak fast attacking weapon and start hacking. If shes very low on health and her tail hasnt come off, die and try again.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

waspinator posted:

Lingering Dragoncrest ring
This was a great call, actually. I got through it in just two Iron Fleshes. Made me slow as hell, but my 2-handed Quelaag's tore through them.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Volitaire posted:

I think she reappears as soon as you hit her with some pyromancy.

I assisted someone who used firestorm and she reappeared instantly. She hadn't taken any hits aside from the initial one at that point, so that spell apparently works really well for revealing her.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

SgtSteel91 posted:

Doesn't love her enough not to murder her it seems.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

McTimmy posted:

Doesn't love her enough not to murder her it seems.

She lives on in the Scythe.

Edit: Helped another guy with the Painted World. He was named Helpings and he too was all dragon. Apparently he loves Pricilla enough to let her live and leave.

Fun Fact: you get no souls when the summoner decides to leave this way

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Oct 31, 2011

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
The Lifehunt Scythe is hilariously bad for killing weak enemies. Second floor parish? Bleed out in two swings.

The Darksword and Dark set are...really awful. It's pretty disappointing.

Should I make the normal or cursed Artorias' sword? I don't think I can even equip either. I might just make the shield. And not be able to use it.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I think this is my favorite PvP video on that dude's channel. Naked dragon man dual wielding the dragon tooth and dragon king greataxe and winning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caQK48Bi7Sg

Defghanistan
Feb 9, 2010

2base2furious
So, I talked with Solitaire after killed taurus boss, he didn't give me soapstone. I continued on and killed gargoyles then came back to see if he'd give him soapstone, now he's gone. What do I do now? How does one get a soapstone if I didn't get it from him?

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
The darksword fully upgraded and specced towards your build does decent DPS for a straight sword while having good R2's.

The darkwraith set fully upgraded (especially the gauntlets) is one of the best medium weight sets in the game, only beaten by Lautrec's and Black Knight for having better resistances in areas/poise. It's also just slighly better than fully upgraded Thorns set and about equivalent to Ornsteins.

What I'm trying to say is that of all the things you get for being a darkwraith the only thing that really sucks is the Darkhand.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Defghanistan posted:

So, I talked with Solitaire after killed taurus boss, he didn't give me soapstone. I continued on and killed gargoyles then came back to see if he'd give him soapstone, now he's gone. What do I do now? How does one get a soapstone if I didn't get it from him?

Did you answer yes to his question the first time you met him?

Edo Animus
Feb 19, 2011

Date tres dies mihi.
I have uploaded the next episode of my boss guide. This one covers the Bell Gargoyles and includes an analysis of the boss' attacks and how to beat them solo with only items found around the Parish/Undead Burg. Still a pain in the butt, and can be made much easier with help or just coming back later, but if it can help any fellow Hollows out then my job here is done!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmztQ1nn0_s

Next up is the horrible Capra Demon! (Note: I can confirm that Alluring Skulls have no effect on the Capra Demon...muh...and even the dogs seemed to ignore them. If anyone can get a video guide on how to properly distract the dogs with those things I'd love to see it!)

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

The darksword fully upgraded and specced towards your build does decent DPS for a straight sword while having good R2's.

The darkwraith set fully upgraded (especially the gauntlets) is one of the best medium weight sets in the game, only beaten by Lautrec's and Black Knight for having better resistances in areas/poise. It's also just slighly better than fully upgraded Thorns set and about equivalent to Ornsteins.

What I'm trying to say is that of all the things you get for being a darkwraith the only thing that really sucks is the Darkhand.
It takes TT to rank up the set. That's either a massive amount of time grinding or a less massive but still significant time glitching Snuggly. :(

Defghanistan
Feb 9, 2010

2base2furious

SgtSteel91 posted:

Did you answer yes to his question the first time you met him?

Well...no! I said no because I thought he was asking me to join his gay covenant! What now?!

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Edo Animus posted:

I have uploaded the next episode of my boss guide. This one covers the Bell Gargoyles and includes an analysis of the boss' attacks and how to beat them solo with only items found around the Parish/Undead Burg. Still a pain in the butt, and can be made much easier with help or just coming back later, but if it can help any fellow Hollows out then my job here is done!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmztQ1nn0_s

Next up is the horrible Capra Demon! (Note: I can confirm that Alluring Skulls have no effect on the Capra Demon...muh...and even the dogs seemed to ignore them. If anyone can get a video guide on how to properly distract the dogs with those things I'd love to see it!)

I beat the gargoyles solo on my second try by fire bombing the gently caress outta them :v:

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!

Elysiume posted:

It takes TT to rank up the set. That's either a massive amount of time grinding or a less massive but still significant time glitching Snuggly. :(

You're building the perfect Skeletor. C'mon, it's worth it.

The darksword is really nice, though - the R2s on it are quite great for a straight sword.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

Elysiume posted:

I feel like they handled TT poorly. I can see having a resource that is scarce but considering how many things that need TT to be upgraded it just turns the whole thing into a glitch fest or farm grinding hell.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Well sure it takes some investment. But it's always best to analyze something in its full potential and not just "when you first get it", especially in this game.

Like I've said before, a lot of armor in this game is really good. Don't just rock gold-hemmed because it starts off maxed out. There are armors that are straight up better if you put the time in!

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
im wearing a silly mishmash of +7 elite knight armor, +2ish silver knight boots and gloves and lautrec's helmet (was a gargoyle helm), i really should pick an armor set and upgrade it properly but comparing stats between upgraded and unupgraded sets is :effort:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I'm sure it's been mentioned that the Dark Hand you get from joining the Darkwraith covenant can be used to sap Humanity from Black Phantoms, Black Knights, NPCs, and basically anyone with a special death animation, and not just other players in PvP.

If not, HOLY poo poo you can sap Humanity from Black Phantoms, Black Knights, NPCs, and basically anyone with a special death animation.

So far, the two human enemies that spawn in Anor Londo's twilight realm give 3 each. Patches, if fought at Firelink Shrine, gives 5 (in addition to the 4 item-version Humanities that he drops when killed.)

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Hmm that pyromancer NPC outside of the Bed of Chaos room looks an awful lot like Quelana. I just killed her didn't I? And I hadn't even finished buying all her stuff yet!

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
That ain't Quelana son. That's just another Sister.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Well that's a relief!

Roguelike
Jul 29, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Defghanistan posted:

Well...no! I said no because I thought he was asking me to join his gay covenant! What now?!

No white soapstone for you.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!

enojy posted:

I'm sure it's been mentioned that the Dark Hand you get from joining the Darkwraith covenant can be used to sap Humanity from Black Phantoms, Black Knights, NPCs, and basically anyone with a special death animation, and not just other players in PvP.

If not, HOLY poo poo you can sap Humanity from Black Phantoms, Black Knights, NPCs, and basically anyone with a special death animation.

So far, the two human enemies that spawn in Anor Londo's twilight realm give 3 each. Patches, if fought at Firelink Shrine, gives 5 (in addition to the 4 item-version Humanities that he drops when killed.)

:asoiaf:

Don't those guys in Anor Londo respawn, too?

:asoiaf:

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
In general I've found that you should answer "yes" to every question anyone asks you unless it's "are you sure you want to join this covenant", where you get a warning that you'll leave your current one. Otherwise, I can't think of an example offhand where saying yes hurts you or is the wrong thing to say.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

IIRC, All covenants are joined by using the 'Enter Covenant' menu item in their dialog menu, you can't join it through simple dialog. If I'm wrong, all covenant join prompts indicate it clearly anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Laurentius has two question you should say "no" to. One is rather unimportant and can be changed if you talk to him again. The other...well it ain't pretty.

• Locked thread