Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Wow, I just looked up a Blood on the Dance Floor video on youtube. 1.7 million views and 10k thumbs ups. I'm officially an old man, because god drat what the gently caress kids of today.

boo_radley posted:

yeah, but if he carries it out to its logical conclusion, soon Thomas Rainer will be in der muttibunker, preparing his last will and testament. :v:

It's really odd, but there are some neofolk acts are a lot more spooky (terrifying) than anything he's done, and they manage it with just a guitar and violin.

edit: wait a minute, he was in lame immortelle, wasn't he?

Yeah, Douglas P. will be more controversial and scary putting out tracks like this than dorky guy dressing up like Hitler and pretending to beat up women ever will, which is pretty funny.

a_gelatinous_cube fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Oct 19, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

I WILL DEVOUR YOUR BALLS!
:quagmire:
Why are you upset at Nachtmahr?

German name: ✔
English vocals w. accent: ✔
4|4 kick drum: ✔
Euro synth patch: ✔
Military outfits: ✔
Sides of head shaved: ✔
Pointless melodrama: ✔

They have 100% complied with all pre-requisites, stereotypes, and fit the cookie-cutter perfectly. There should be no qualms over this. THEY FIT IN.

On the brighter side of the genre... Wavy from Handover officially released on some PETA side. Actually one of my favorite tracks this year.. deeper and more free-form than Village IMO:

http://blog.peta2.com/2011/10/exclusive-download-from-skinny-puppy.html

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The Cleaner posted:

Why are you upset at Nachtmahr?

German name: ✔
English vocals w. accent: ✔
4|4 kick drum: ✔
Euro synth patch: ✔
Military outfits: ✔
Sides of head shaved: ✔
Pointless melodrama: ✔

They have 100% complied with all pre-requisites, stereotypes, and fit the cookie-cutter perfectly. There should be no qualms over this. THEY FIT IN.

Well, Thomas Rainer IS Austrian so he gets a pass for the German name, I guess?

molotoveverything
Oct 18, 2010
I had to re-read that post about the mentioning of botdf and then question my musical tastes.

How could anyone tour with BloodOnTheDanceFloor? I feel dirty just for the fact they're touring with Angelspit and I don't even listen to them. Just a little too close to comfort, if they're brought up in an electro-industrial thread.

molotoveverything fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Oct 20, 2011

Dickbutt Ouroboros
Nov 13, 2002

handbandit?
Son of a bitch!

Scary thought, but what if these drat kids of today have such horrible taste, yet enough influence that in 20 years they're considered "pioneers" of the next evolution of industrial music?

Oh gently caress. Someone kill me now.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Speaking of mind.in.a.box, does anyone know what sort of vocoder or program he uses to get the sort of female robot voice thing he does in songs like Change?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRcXVZFlSWY

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
He does a similar thing in that 8bit song too. I imagine it's a combination of changing the pitch of the original sound files and just your typical vocoding.

Quirk
Oct 11, 2004

You might surprise yourself.

handbandit posted:

Scary thought, but what if these drat kids of today have such horrible taste, yet enough influence that in 20 years they're considered "pioneers" of the next evolution of industrial music?

Oh gently caress. Someone kill me now.

This is like worrying that bands like Black Veil Brides will set the stage for metal for the next generation. Blood On The Dancefloor sucks so much, no retard listening to them is going to make anything listen worthy beyond the inital novelty of trying to make "the next thing". The industrial that pioneered the halfway decent bands of today was born of a climate of social unrest and nihlistic attitude of the time. The poo poo "the kids" are listening to is disposable bubblegum that will be flushed once the next legit evolution of the genre comes about, there's enough paralells between now and back in the day that the music makers of today activley trying to do something different are so loving pissed that gay poo poo like Dead Inside Crystalis is what the current kind of thing is. Get enough pissed off artists together and they'll wipe this kiddy poo poo out when it hits the boiling point, give it time. Then again, I may just be deluded after 21 days straight of fighting seattle police for the right to be a god drat human being.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Motherfuckin' Quirk. How have you been? Sounds pretty bad with the "battling police" stuff.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

boo_radley posted:

Motherfuckin' Quirk. How have you been? Sounds pretty bad with the "battling police" stuff.

Quirk's been posting from Occupy Seattle, if memory serves.

Alfa Matrix has released a comp through Facebook, available here. If, like a smart person, you're running Firefox with NoScript and Flashblock, be sure to allow scripts on that page and in the window that the download link opens.

Tracklist:

quote:

Tracklist
Disc 1:
01. PSY'AVIAH - ok
02 ESSENCE OF MIND - in the night (edit)
03 STRAY - miles from here
04 DISKONNEKTED - atlantis (re discovered)
05 AYRIA - blue alice (DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER mix)
06 VIRGINS O.R PIGEONS - gotta get mad
07 SIVA SIX - faileth stars
08 MALAKWA - monster (KANT KINO mix)
09 DUNKELWERK - kommt (short cut)
10 HAUSHETAERE - hetaere (exclusive AM version)
11 AIBOFORCEN - shadows
12 32CRASH - the man who came from later
13 HALO IN REVERSE - into it
14 I:SCINTILLA - swimmers can drown
15 STAR INDUSTRY - heart man angel (single edit)
16 RAZORFADE - clear shining (radio edit)
17 TECHNOIR - shapes (rough mix)

Disc 2:
01 IMPLANT - lord knows I tried (featuring LEAETHER STRIP)
02 PLASTIC NOISE EXPERIENCE - electronic bodies (long edit)
03 POUPPEE FABRIKK - symptoms (disease mix)
04 ARMAGEDDON DILDOS - high
05 DIFFUZION - dbd (while u can)
06 KANT KINO - owner of this house lives here (club mix)
07 FREAKANGEL - my darling bullet
08 SCHWARZBLUT - schlusspoetiek
09 KRYSTAL SYSTEM - nuclear winter (north star side)
10 UNTER NULL - godless (DEDMAN Mix)
11 ACYLUM - your pain v2.0
12 AMGOD - hospitalism [jactatio corporis]
13 MENTALLO & THE FIXER - legion of leper (re-edit)
14 NEIKKA RPM - warped (version 2)
15 KOMOR KOMMANDO - the factory incident (IVARDENSPHERE mix)
16 HELALYN FLOWERS - e-race generation (STUDIO-X mix)
17 ALIEN VAMPIRES - won't see ya even in hell

Quirk
Oct 11, 2004

You might surprise yourself.

boo_radley posted:

Thinking clearly now I'm off the meds I was on the last 4 weeks designed to keep me pacified not finding work since I've set foot in this loving rear end in a top hat city, trying my hardest to stay non-violent at this joke of an occupation with police loving us for sleeping and now for painting protest signs (no joke) I keep trying to do impromptu and planned shows but every time it devolves into me screaming NON's "Total War" while beating the poo poo out of a bucket because the media team thinks my music is too violence inciting to help me perform anything. Police took and lost my laptop after taking tents during week 1 so my music making is out the window until god knows when and I've spent alot of time waiting for the best times to piss on the occupation's Bank of America doors which is losing it's charm so I'm getting ready to pig out tonight and bazooka barf all over them.

DaveSpillings
Jul 31, 2007

"I'll just get a glass of orange juice." "no no no NO NO!!!"
Anyone else heard Chrysalide? I just randomly stumbled upon their album "Don't be scared, it's about life", and it's (I hate to use this term to describe electronic music and not metal core) BRUTAL. There's a definite SP influence throughout their album, but to me it's mostly interesting and refreshing. Lots of rhythm switches, tempo changes, time signature changes, etc.

(I'm in no way affiliated with them, I just feel lucky I found some good industrial and wanted to pass it along...)

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Quirk posted:

Thinking clearly now I'm off the meds I was on the last 4 weeks designed to keep me pacified not finding work since I've set foot in this loving rear end in a top hat city, trying my hardest to stay non-violent at this joke of an occupation with police loving us for sleeping and now for painting protest signs (no joke) I keep trying to do impromptu and planned shows but every time it devolves into me screaming NON's "Total War" while beating the poo poo out of a bucket because the media team thinks my music is too violence inciting to help me perform anything. Police took and lost my laptop after taking tents during week 1 so my music making is out the window until god knows when and I've spent alot of time waiting for the best times to piss on the occupation's Bank of America doors which is losing it's charm so I'm getting ready to pig out tonight and bazooka barf all over them.

I don't know that I have ever heard anything about Seattle cops that didn't paint them as brutal monsters.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

This drops today. I think it's good, and at the very least leaps and bounds better than Mythmaker. Please go buy it.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Just bought this and am on track 3 right now. It doesn't seem offensively bad or anything, but it sounds really bland and sparse to me. I don't know if it was losing Dwayne or just how modern music processing today is, but Skinny Puppy used to have some of the most organic layered synthesizers I've heard, and now everything post-Process is so sterile and tinny sounding. I mean go back and listen to something like Nature's Revenge and then try to listen to any of the newer stuff. I'll still buy anything they put out though . :\

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Jesus Christ, Apop's cover of "Love Will Tear Us Apart" is hideous. In parts it's painful to listen to.

molotoveverything
Oct 18, 2010
thats pretty drat bad, though I guess it can't be totally unexpected considering they've been in a decline for almost a decade now.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I have to be honest and say I didn't hate it. And it's probably better than anything else they've done since they started their decline.

But my expectations were very very very low.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I like the She wants revenge version. Apop went downhill as soon as they started to sing about pokemon..

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Pope Guilty posted:

Jesus Christ, Apop's cover of "Love Will Tear Us Apart" is hideous. In parts it's painful to listen to.

Their cover of Electricity is great. This one... is not. am expecting it to get overplayed in clubs :smith:

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
It's alright, I think. Not great, but definitely listenable.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Their cover of Electricity is great. This one... is not. am expecting it to get overplayed in clubs :smith:

I love that cover!

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Pope Guilty posted:

I don't find it painful, just supremely unnecessary and ultimately forgettable.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Got the newly released Welle:Erdball album, Der Kalte Kreig. It's... well, I'm actually a bit disappointed. It's not a bad album and is still better than a lot of the electropop out there, but it's not nearly as good as Operation Zeitsturm. It has a couple of standout tracks (Feuerwerk & Amerika) but is less consistently great than Die Wunderwelt Der Technik, Tanzpalast 2000 or Operation Zeitsturm.

Edit: Also, quite a few of the tracks are cover versions, that explains things.

It does come with a live DVD though with shows from 2006 & 2009, which is really good since a] it has all the classic tracks and b] they're awesome live.

Danger - Octopus! fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Oct 29, 2011

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

Had that video not shown pics of gothic imagery and industrial fashioned people, they could have posted a bunch of 80's dudes with suits, ties, and bad hair and it wouldn't be out of place.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
My latest last.fm find. Diggin them a lot: ESA/ Electronic Substance Abuse

Intense deceit and a thousand empty promises - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuOjEkrkVXw
There's a neat changeup about 60% of the way through.

How Pure Would Your Utopia Be? -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLqw3ezKwNw

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Apparently Ashbury Heights lives

quote:

@ashburyheights: Have gotten tons of old drum machines to play with for creating the rythms of the new album, gonna try beefing up the classics w modern tech

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I really hope he just makes new music. The old songs are fine as they are.

(I am secretly hoping he "beefs up" the old stuff and it turns out to rule.)

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I assumed he meant beefing up classic drum machines for the new album.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

boo_radley posted:

My latest last.fm find. Diggin them a lot: ESA/ Electronic Substance Abuse

Intense deceit and a thousand empty promises - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuOjEkrkVXw
There's a neat changeup about 60% of the way through.

How Pure Would Your Utopia Be? -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLqw3ezKwNw

ESA is loving awesome. I have fond memories of seeming him before the first album was properly released. He played a storming set, then stopped, said "That's it, I've no more songs" and walked offstage.

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

I hate to advert personal projects on here but I'll spam our new video just because we're releasing it tonight on Halloween and people seemed to get a kick out of the last one..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29PydXDOtHw

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

DaveSpillings posted:

Anyone else heard Chrysalide? I just randomly stumbled upon their album "Don't be scared, it's about life", and it's (I hate to use this term to describe electronic music and not metal core) BRUTAL. There's a definite SP influence throughout their album, but to me it's mostly interesting and refreshing. Lots of rhythm switches, tempo changes, time signature changes, etc.

(I'm in no way affiliated with them, I just feel lucky I found some good industrial and wanted to pass it along...)
They are awesome. They remind me quite a bit of Last Rights era Skinny Puppy at times.

Samael Jackson
Aug 26, 2008

POWER OF THE MACK DAD
guys, help me out. I saw a video a while ago and can't remember the artist or name of the song and it's bugging me to find it now. the song was instrumental. if I remember right, it was a pretty experimental/noisey track. raw sounding with a lot of synth drums and stuff. the video was all 3d spikey geometric shapes that changed with the music. it wasn't too old. if I had to guess, within the last decade or so. that's all I got!

edit: I also get the feeling that the group name was some one word weird name along the lines of wumpscut or haujobb or the like.

Samael Jackson fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 1, 2011

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Samael Jackson posted:

guys, help me out. I saw a video a while ago and can't remember the artist or name of the song and it's bugging me to find it now. the song was instrumental. if I remember right, it was a pretty experimental/noisey track. raw sounding with a lot of synth drums and stuff. the video was all 3d spikey geometric shapes that changed with the music. it wasn't too old. if I had to guess, within the last decade or so. that's all I got!

edit: I also get the feeling that the group name was some one word weird name along the lines of wumpscut or haujobb or the like.

Something like this?

242 used this and similar motifs starting back in '93 -- they carried it out to live albums and videos, too. I think either Animal or Happiness had something really close to what you're describing.

Samael Jackson
Aug 26, 2008

POWER OF THE MACK DAD
nah, wasn't 242. I wish they would make another album though, since I actually liked most of pulse. 32crash is okay but it's not the same.

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001

Samael Jackson posted:

Was it Gantz Graf by Autechre?

Samael Jackson
Aug 26, 2008

POWER OF THE MACK DAD
yes. thank you!

http://youtu.be/AyJfHU4GoOQ

molotoveverything
Oct 18, 2010

teethgrinder posted:

Apparently Ashbury Heights lives

thats awesome, are Yaz and Anders getting back together? I liked Kari, but Yaz was just a better singer/personality for Ashbury Heights.

Maybe if they improve their lyrics, production, and stop dressing up like BDSM participants they can get the greater following they've been hoping for.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

molotoveverything posted:

Maybe if they improve their lyrics, production, and stop dressing up like BDSM participants they can get the greater following they've been hoping for.

This is true of quite a lot of bands across electro-industrial music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

Danger - Octopus! posted:

This is true of quite a lot of bands across electro-industrial music.

Zing!