Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.

Falken posted:

Also Gara, your car is running on both Goodyear and Falken rubber, wrapped around a pair of Enkei and Rota wheels? :p

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who caught that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Got the speed pack working, it's a bit of an odd way to get it though, I hope it gets sorted out for the next packs.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

Scatterfold posted:

crosspostin from SAEG
So, it's really called the "Man Tide?" God, that's a horrible name.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think it might be "man-teed" but man tide sounds funnier. The car is terrible either way.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Apparently the popular xbox modding tool that allows you to futz with your profile/savegames on a thumbstick and then resigns the content so the Xboxen doesn't even notice it's tinkered with has allowed people to unlock any locked designs and then resell them and kill the economy.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.

djfooboo posted:

Putting RWD on the Lamborghini Aventador lowers the rating to S class.

You can also get away with using some heavy wheels, rear spoiler, full cage and full Diff to get it to 700 without losing AWD.

Tempted to go the RWD route instead, that way you can fit stuff to make it better, rather than slower.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

Cojawfee posted:

I think it might be "man-teed" but man tide sounds funnier. The car is terrible either in every way.
Fixed that for you. I'd been pronouncing it "Man-tid" because I just couldn't believe it was the MAN TIDE.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Ether Frenzy posted:

Apparently the popular xbox modding tool that allows you to futz with your profile/savegames on a thumbstick and then resigns the content so the Xboxen doesn't even notice it's tinkered with has allowed people to unlock any locked designs and then resell them and kill the economy.

I was wondering why this wasn't a thing yet, welp I guess it is now

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

einTier posted:

So, it's really called the "Man Tide?" God, that's a horrible name.

You go to hell. The Man Tide fukken owns.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

ANAmal.net posted:

You go to hell. The Man Tide fukken owns.

Enjoy your million dollar Corvette.

In positive news, I just bought the Aventador, and FLAT PAINT? We have that now? gently caress. YES.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
I got it as a reward car, so it didn't cost me anything, and even if it did, you're playing this game all wrong if you care about money. I could throw a million spacebucks at a C6 and it still wouldn't look as rad as the man tide.

kaiwero
Aug 22, 2006
You can kick me out of GISH (rige1seven) as I'm from NZ and will head over to AFGS for better a timezone match up.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

ANAmal.net posted:

I got it as a reward car, so it didn't cost me anything, and even if it did, you're playing this game all wrong if you care about money. I could throw a million spacebucks at a C6 and it still wouldn't look as rad as the man tide.
I got it as a reward car too. :ssh:

It's a better ZR-1 than the ZR-1, which is actually a pretty great car. I've even willingly used it enough to get past the level four affinity bonus. That said, it looks absolutely terrible. 15 year old me thinks it's pretty fuckin' sick rad, but 37 year old me thinks it's trying too hard. And if that piece of poo poo really costs a cool million realbucks, there are far better cars you can buy.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

The Monarch posted:

Is it still possible to custom install your own hard drive, or am I stuck with Microsoft's overpriced nonsense? My Xbox is a white one with HDMI if that makes a difference.

USB is an option as already noted, but it is quite trivial to reflash a few models of generic laptop hard drive to work in 360s. Both my roommate and I have 250GB Western Digital Scorpio drives in our legit online 360s. They were set up on "Falcon" consoles (old white model with HDMI) and we took them out of their cases to slide them in to our newer slim models when we got them. They should work just fine in any console.

You can only work within the limits Microsoft has set, 20, 40, 60, 120, 250, and 320GB "disk signatures" are available.

For fat models, the drive case is readily available online from a variety of places, for slim models you can do the same or just slide the drive in and wedge it in place with foam chunks cut from the 360's packaging as I did.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Quick impressions of the new DLC cars:

2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4:
My favorite of the bunch. It has a good feel. Very fast, engine sounds killer.

2012 Aston Martin Mirage:
It's not very nimble. Feels too heavy. Has a shrill engine tune.

2011 #2 Audi Sport Team Joest R15++ TDI:
Not enough cash to buy this one yet. I'm sure its fast as hell and sticks like glue.

2011 Audi RS3 Sportback:
Has an awesome launch. Performance goes beyond what its wagon bodystyle suggests. I imagine this thing is an awesome sleeper in real life.

1957 Chevrolet Bel Air:
I'll enjoy trying to make this thing race worthy. For now, its a good vanity car.

2012 Dodge Charger SRT8:
Handling sucks. Acceleration feels weak considering its HP. Engine sounds neutered. Worst of the bunch.

2013 Ford Focus ST:
Solid C class short track car. Could be pretty competitive. BOV sounds cool.

1992 GMC Typhoon:
Fun to mess around with. Not too different from the truck. It's 4WD gives it a nice edge in truck races.

2011 Volkswagen Scirocco R
Solid car. Good handling. Decent power. Pretty much what you'd expect.

Overall this car pack has a good selection. A nice blend of high performance, cool, and offbeat types of vehicles. Good start for Turn 10.

Haak
Sep 13, 2004

Dammit, not again.
Pretty sure tonight was the first proper 16-player races I've had. LLJK/GISH and SAEG need to do more crossover races. That was brilliant fun.

So much potential with this whole car clubs business. Maybe have a club car in each of the major ones built to the same spec but regional liveries?

e: I can't think of anything better to use for this than Datsuns

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Datsun endurance race

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
poo poo BALLOON SQUAD ACTIVATE!

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Just put together my Fanatec wheel stand for the second time, the first time was backwards.

Holy poo poo thing is heavy and sturdy, I haven't played Forza with it yet but cranking on it hard and it doesn't even move.

siig
Apr 4, 2005

Being nice is the shit ...

Ether Frenzy posted:

Welp, guess I'll hold off on porting my 2007 Highcroft Racing Acura ARX-01 from FM3. That sucks!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

I would still be careful using this. If by some chance you do get caught, it's a console ban.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

Puddin posted:

Sunday Punch, can we get AFGS added to the clubs below the OP?

Sure thing.

kaiwero
Aug 22, 2006
Just sent a request to AFGS, GT: rige1seven. Have to now remove some of my pro NZ decals!

Logue
Nov 16, 2005
Would anyone be interested in a hour+ long full sim race? That would mean long distance driving, pitting for fuel and tire wear, as well as full damage. I've been wanting to try this for a while. Open to class and track suggestions.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Vagina Jones posted:

Just sent a request to AFGS, GT: rige1seven. Have to now remove some of my pro NZ decals!

Rad, just reiterating for any Aussies/kiwi bretheran that missed it a few pages ago. New car club for our time zone.

Search for AFGS, ill accept invites when at home.

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.
Are you AFGS guys going to do alot of V8 racing? For the love of god take me with you.

Add SHoGuNN3R, and invite me when you lot are racing. Please? :allears:

alr
May 14, 2009
Freed up a spot in LLJK and sent a request to AFGS from Vizkk.

quote:

Are you AFGS guys going to do alot of V8 racing?

The other day I mucked around with my v8 supercar I got from a driver level reward, poked into the upgrade shop and found they can hit R300 with the widest tyres and the restrictors off. I thought they were nuts stock, try them with 711KW.

Basil Brush
Jul 21, 2008

boom boom
Will quit GISH and be sending a club request to AFGS in a couple hours as Bazzillius. Aus/NZ goons feel free to add me, i'll shoot you all some requests later anyways

Tonight we dine in the Burnese Alps

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.

alr posted:

The other day I mucked around with my v8 supercar I got from a driver level reward, poked into the upgrade shop and found they can hit R300 with the widest tyres and the restrictors off. I thought they were nuts stock, try them with 711KW.

Sure they're fast modified but I drive em Stock, as it should be. :v:

yes we nyan
Aug 17, 2007

ha, ha, haaa~
How many people are there in AFGS so far? AUS/NZ time makes a whole lot more sense, since I'm in Japan, but only really wanna move over if there's a bunch of active racers.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
It's only early days at the moment, but hopefully it will pick up a bit when some of the goons find out about it.

E: Goddamn it, so my season pass that got eaten up into the ether, took my points but doesn't show up for me to actually download it.

Called support this morning and they said it would be fixed within 2-3 hours and I would have either a refund of the points or the download placed in my history for me to re-download, and an email with the reference number and the history of the call.

9 hours later nothing, call them up again, now it's going to take 2-3 days for a 'higher up' to look at the problem.

Never had a problem with the PSN like this, If anything went wrong, 1 phone call and it got fixed instantly.

Just want my season pass!

Puddin fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Nov 2, 2011

enjoy youre autism
May 1, 2006

Provide repetition and consistency for the catte with autism. They need and appreciate it.
Another ausgoon (Perth!) chiming in, gamertag is Yavin343. Guess I'll apply to the club too!

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.
Why are there no Ladas in Forza anyway

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There is an argument to be made for not buying up every car in the game; it is getting increasingly more difficult to manage my garage. I liked the GT5 garage menu so much better, it was a lot easier to sort through your cars.

Wanderer89
Oct 12, 2009

I said come in! posted:

There is an argument to be made for not buying up every car in the game; it is getting increasingly more difficult to manage my garage. I liked the GT5 garage menu so much better, it was a lot easier to sort through your cars.

I don't know GT5's, but I'd argue FM4's is worse than FM3's... And seeing as they gave you a choice for level reward cars I have all of those, + the 50-60 I've bought.. really a piss poor way of sorting. I wish this could improve with future updates but I don't suppose that's possible :(

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Ether Frenzy posted:

This sucks. But as someone who's poo poo a doing liveries it also sucks that they didn't include some kind of "open for modification" shape, so designers could designate places - especially on proper racing liveries - where people could put their racing numbers.

Edit: It also sucks that I can't get the 2012 M5 to turn in properly, no matter what I do it feels heavy and sluggish. Or is that just so for the newer sports limousines? I generally drive pre-2000 stuff.

GhostDog fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Nov 2, 2011

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wanderer89 posted:

I don't know GT5's, but I'd argue FM4's is worse than FM3's... And seeing as they gave you a choice for level reward cars I have all of those, + the 50-60 I've bought.. really a piss poor way of sorting. I wish this could improve with future updates but I don't suppose that's possible :(

I ended up selling a whole bunch of cars. In the end, I wasted a ton of credits that could have gone towards the more expensive exotics and race cars that I wanted, but my sanity will thank me. Also I don't qualify anymore for a lot of races on the events list, but i'll worry about that when I get there. I can just buy a car again and then sell it afterwards.

You can also make your own custom groups, but gently caress that. :effort:

SiCk
Jul 4, 2003

My name's SiCk, and I'm the Biggest Idiot Ever!
an X-Post from the SAEG thread - Obviously this could be adapted in the end so that everyone can use it, not just SAEG:

So hey,

I've been chatting with Scatterfold and I've started building a quick SAEG league website which in the end I'd like to get working to the point where we have 1 or 2 people that enter the race details (Scatter has mentioned he wouldn't mind doing this) after official races and it'll add up everyones points and we could have a proper leaderboard etc. - It'll not be restricted to the "Proper" races, and I've it split up into 'Leagues' at the moment, so we could have separate little leagues restricted to a certain class etc.

I can sort the hosting/domain name etc, but If anyone has web design (I'm poo poo at that) and/or Ruby On Rails experience (help here would be the best type of help ), I'd welcome it to give me a hand, just let me know - as I'm only just learning it myself - this is really a project for me to get off my rear end and learn it properly.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fujimi Kaido is better than any rally stage in every rally sim from the last 5 years. Really awesome 10 minute run to take through and very scenic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

I said come in! posted:

I kind of like the grouping method of being able to make your own category. I have "SAEG" for my spec cars, "Others" for my tuned but not particularly awesome and "Favourites" which is self explanatory.

• Locked thread