Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oae Ui
Oct 7, 2003

Let's be friends.
It sounds like the patch makes humanity a bit easier to come by and I think that may help people phantoming as much as the matchmaking changes. Getting summoned for iron golem is a pain and I think it's at least partly because few people make it to the end of that area alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Oh yeah also the patch appears to make drops much more common. While I was testing with no drop ring, something dropped from a burg soldier almost every time I killed 3, which seems like more than before. No crazy humanity either.

Woozey
Feb 20, 2011

RIGHT NOW MY POTENTIAL IS LITERALLY THAT OF A WORM
So, any hands on knowledge of the ring of fog nerf?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Republicans posted:

Wasn't pyromancy already weaker than soul magic in 1.03?

Yes and no. The maximum damage output of magic is higher, but you don't have to invest any stats to be a good pyromancer.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

Oae Ui posted:

It sounds like the patch makes humanity a bit easier to come by and I think that may help people phantoming as much as the matchmaking changes. Getting summoned for iron golem is a pain and I think it's at least partly because few people make it to the end of that area alive.

Thank god for the people who do this, though. My DEX build was having lots of trouble with it (iron golem & bosses in general that is). Damage output is becoming more and more of a problem now that I've finished Andor Londo. I like how the tough bosses encourage online play more than DeS, possibly. It does make my fast build difficult against them. I can get through the areas easy enough, it's just the bosses that destroy me. My backstabs and parries! :negative:

hong kong divorce lunch fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Nov 2, 2011

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...

Grondoth posted:

I have heard they nerfed the Antiquated [lower robe.] I AM FREE NOW.

Nooo. Not my Victorian Skirt of Impervious Might! :qq:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I can finally wear a different leg armor! Hooray!

Haha just kidding, I'm 360. Antiquated Skirt forever.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Vargs posted:

Which is loving great. I've been going through the early stuff in human form on NG+ these past couple days, and I'm constantly getting invaded by low level fog ring shitlords who end up dying in a couple hits. Feels great.

Is this getting patched? I hope not.

sighnoceros
Mar 11, 2007
:qq: GOONS ARE MEAN :qq:
Glad I have this guide with this now largely useless equipment section :(

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
So is the US PS3 version patched already, or is this only in Japan?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

God loving those loving god drat ghosts god dammit!

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

NESguerilla posted:

God loving those loving god drat ghosts god dammit!

What weapon are you using? Something upgraded with fire or pyromancy should make them pretty easy, even on NG+.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

The Cheshire Cat posted:

The sack doesn't get you a fog ring. It gets you the demon hammer (the one you get if you beat the Asylum Demon on your first try). It's the skull lantern that gets you the fog ring.

No poo poo. That's great news. I have Cast Light, so I don't use it.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Ugh, I need to turn in my Dark Souls card. Yesterday I lost about 150,000 souls and 10 humanity. I made about 15 Blue stone invasions and got killed in all of them. Today I managed to gently caress up the Snuggly glitch after only getting about 9 Dragon Scales.

All I want is to check the covenant goodies off my list, but I can't seem to get any more Souvenirs of Reprisal or Dragon Scales! :qq:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

sighnoceros posted:

Glad I have this guide with this now largely useless equipment section :(

With the exception of damage and scaling it's all still correct. So weight, stat requirements, ect. are good at least.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Palleon posted:

So is the US PS3 version patched already, or is this only in Japan?
How is it even possible that one version got patched and not the other? Are the two versions able to play multiplayer with each other right now, even though so much about the game is different now for the Japanese version? The mind boggles.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Lotish posted:

Also, how do you safely get down to the titanite demons in Sen's?

Do you know the tunnel that has the giant boulder that rolls down multiple flights of stairs and has a wooden catwalk suspended above them with a lightning-throwing cobra-man wizard? Jump off the upper stairs onto the catwalk. One one end of the catwalk is a broken wall you can jump down. This leads to the Slumbering Dragon Ring. From there, you can make a number of tiny jumps to directly above one of the Titanite Demons. Have some sort of ranged weapon to kill before you get down. Once it's dead there are a couple of Soul items lying around, and you can walk out into the larger parts of the tar pit with the other demons.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

How is it even possible that one version got patched and not the other? Are the two versions able to play multiplayer with each other right now, even though so much about the game is different now for the Japanese version? The mind boggles.

My Hong Kong version isn't updated. Waiting with bated breath.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CRAYON posted:

What weapon are you using? Something upgraded with fire or pyromancy should make them pretty easy, even on NG+.

I am using lightning zwei on NG+. I'm not having a problem killing them. It's just a loving joke when you get to the part when they all gang up on you. I remember being able to lure them out last time but its not working at all. Gah this is frustrating. To top ot all off you need a loving item to fight them. So annoying. I am mostly dying to bad camera angles+lock on=falling.

sighnoceros
Mar 11, 2007

Cbouncerrun posted:

With the exception of damage and scaling it's all still correct. So weight, stat requirements, ect. are good at least.

I think armor damage resistance has been changed in some cases too. Hopefully we'll get some kind of comprehensive list of updates so I can update my book or at least print it out. It's nice having the hard copy available when playing because I don't have a computer in my living room.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I'm interested to see if my Black Knight Sword +5 will get much more out of my 50 strength once the patch hits. If not I can at least buy a bunch of Twinkling Titanite to upgrade the BK Greataxe which has better strength scaling.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Spiking posted:

Oh yeah also the patch appears to make drops much more common. While I was testing with no drop ring, something dropped from a burg soldier almost every time I killed 3, which seems like more than before. No crazy humanity either.

I don't know if that is a good metric, I have so many of those loving dudes groin cloths.

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE

Woozey posted:

So, any hands on knowledge of the ring of fog nerf?

I've read elsewhere that you can target Fog Ring wearers now. TWoP has a 10 second duration. Haven't heard any WoG updates.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

NESguerilla posted:

I am using lightning zwei on NG+. I'm not having a problem killing them. It's just a loving joke when you get to the part when they all gang up on you. I remember being able to lure them out last time but its not working at all. Gah this is frustrating. To top ot all off you need a loving item to fight them. So annoying. I am mostly dying to bad camera angles+lock on=falling.

If you're at the part I am thinking of (small room where they come out of the floor) then what I did was run past them so they all bunch up. Once they're in a nice huddle just go nuts with your sword or some fire orbs.

Can't help you with the camera poo poo, seems like that will always screw with you.

sighnoceros
Mar 11, 2007
Brett on his stream just invaded with the fog ring on and the other guy was definitely targeting him. People are saying they made it half the normal lock on range or something, but I don't know if that specifically has been confirmed.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

sighnoceros posted:

Brett on his stream just invaded with the fog ring on and the other guy was definitely targeting him. People are saying they made it half the normal lock on range or something, but I don't know if that specifically has been confirmed.

It would make sense to have a shorter lock-on range, like with nighttime Anor Londo (or is that just me? It seems like the lock-on range was really short when I was dueling people there. Dueling them poorly and dying. Since they're usually around level 100 and I'm level 38.)

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I swear to god I didn't absolutely loathe the Duke's Archives the last time I played through here. What changed

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

I hope to god the patch doesn't nerf the entire game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CRAYON posted:

If you're at the part I am thinking of (small room where they come out of the floor) then what I did was run past them so they all bunch up. Once they're in a nice huddle just go nuts with your sword or some fire orbs.

Can't help you with the camera poo poo, seems like that will always screw with you.

It's on the ledge where they are all flying outside before you enter the building that leads to the switch. I know what to do it's just such a stupid part especially on NG+ (only because you will likely be really over leveled the first time). It's by far my new least favorite part in the game beating out the lava dinosaur lake. Must have tried 10 times now. No bonfire, enemies that go through walls and floors, ledges, transient curse doesn't stack so it can just run out mid battle and gently caress you over. Bullshit.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Daeren posted:

YES!

gently caress :negative: I figured the price would be ridiculous. Oh well, at least I can grind out upgrades for more than one part of a single armor set.

This isn't so bad. Just buy a shitload of Homeward Bones from the sewer vendor lady, warp to Chamber of the Princess from Firelink Shrine, activate Twilight Anor Londo by attacking Gwynevre if you haven't yet, and farm those two humanoid dudes for 10k souls a pop. The Twinkling Titanite vendor is right next door!

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
Does anyone have any tips for beating Lautric in Andor Lando? I am having a terrible time of it getting raped by his buddies.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

neato burrito posted:

I hope to god the patch doesn't nerf the entire game.
I thought you could only talk about nerfing weapons relative to each other, but I guess I am not totally up on the MMO lingo.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
^^: "Nerfing the game" usually means making an entire set of things weaker. Dropping enemy damage globally by 20%, dropping weapon attack damage globally, etc.

synertia posted:

Does anyone have any tips for beating Lautric in Andor Lando? I am having a terrible time of it getting raped by his buddies.
I did pyromancy and a fireball followed by a single sword hit. Apparently poisoned arrows works, albeit slowly.

Jetpack Postman
Jun 30, 2011
More patch stuff:

Our WikiDot friends have been keeping track of some of the data mined patch changes.

So far we have this:

Dark Souls WikiDot posted:

Ongoing Datamines.
Accuracy of some of these are questionable, but they're being datamined as we speak.

http://darksouls.lljk.net/1.04/armors/leg/2

It's constantly being overloaded, but if you're lucky you can see some of the weapon scaling and armor changes.

It appears a lot of upgrade paths now provide up to A-quality scaling at +5/+10/+15. A few uniques have gotten S-quality scaling.

- Weapons with elemental damage have had their Physical/Elemental values changed. Chaos upgrades for example now offer a higher ratio of Fire-versus-Physical.
- Some sets of armor have been nerfed (Antiquated, Gold-hemmed, Elite Knight for example). Some buffed.
- Some shields have been nerfed (Hollow Soldiers Shield has had it's Stability lowered to 70 at +15 for example).
- Players have an additional 10 pounds of equip burden.
- Some weapons have had their scaling completely changed. Grant for example now scales with Faith.
- Pyro Flame +5 has basically been nerfed: 230 magic adjust down from 270.
- Possibly all Chaos pyromancy has had a slight buff (or in case of some, they properly work) in the humanity-scaling department.
- Crystal Ring Shield no longer adds the attack of your main-hand weapon to its R2 special attack.
- Iron Flesh has been badly nerfed. Unusable by all accounts.
- Homing Crystal Soulmass has been nerfed roughly 25% in damage... but the cast time is now faster.
- TWoP has has been nerfed. Duration is down... effect has been reduced from 100%+ encumbrance to 50%+ encumbrance, aka Fat Roll, and Derp Jog (unknown details however).
- Strong Magic Shield has had the invincibility bug removed.
- Dragonstone glitch has been resolved.
- Toggle-Cast has been resolved.
- You can now lock-on to Fog users (active range unknown).
- Dark Wraiths can now drop a Dark Hand.

More to come, but so far it's looking pretty good. The changes to the Hollow Shield, Iron Flesh and the rest are a bit of a bummer, but higher scaling for weapons (ESPECIALLY uniques) and more are very welcome.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Jetpack Postman posted:

More patch stuff:

Our WikiDot friends have been keeping track of some of the data mined patch changes.

So far we have this:

More to come, but so far it's looking pretty good. The changes to the Hollow Shield, Iron Flesh and the rest are a bit of a bummer, but higher scaling for weapons (ESPECIALLY uniques) and more are very welcome.
What? The change to the Hollow Shield is amazing. It invalidated a massive amount of shields.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

Elysiume posted:

I did pyromancy and a fireball followed by a single sword hit. Apparently poisoned arrows works, albeit slowly.

Just did it though kiting and backstabbing. What a rush.

This game. :allears:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
It's a shame the site is down. I wanted to see some specifics on the armor changes. I've actually seen the weapons already, looks okay, but the armor not so much.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Aww, butts. Just as I upgrade my Elite Knight suit to +5 all round, they nerf it? It wasn't even that amazing a suit to begin with.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Maybe they can make this loving Dragonslayer polearm useful instead of a piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Jetpack Postman posted:

More patch stuff:

So far we have this:

Nerfing Elite Knight armour for real? It's not even that powerful unless you upgrade it to +10 and even then it's that much better than the regular Knight armour and it weighs more.

• Locked thread