Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Kaizoku posted:

I hate that ad because it's a god-awful rip-off of this blog. Just add soldiers!

Wow, that site is like :3: overload.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Chevy ads are just the worst. I can't remember ever seeing a series of ads with more blatantly exploitative "patriotism." Especially that one with the small child learning to salute. And didn't they also do that "This is Our Country" campaign a few years back?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfelqZpapZA

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

I was curious so I GIS'd "McRib without sauce." I've never eaten one, have never wanted to, and now I don't think I ever could.

It looks like a giant scab.

Found this today. Makes me want a McRib even less.

quote:

The sandwich contains a staggering 70 different ingredients, the least innocuous of which are “pig bits like tripe, heart, and scalded stomach.” Add in some azodicarbonamide, ammonium sulfate, ethoxylated mono- and diglycerides and… well, you get the idea.

Scalded stomach? What the ever loving gently caress? :stare:

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I don't see why eating ground up stomach or snout is any worse than eating a cow's rear end or real ribs.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
Hardees just had a commercial for their cheese biscuit.

:stare: What the Christ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0LpFJTFfNc&sns=em

der juicen fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Nov 3, 2011

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Am I the only one who hears the new T-Mobile Christmas commercials as them singing "orgy wonderland"?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Codependent Poster posted:

Am I the only one who hears the new T-Mobile Christmas commercials as them singing "orgy wonderland"?

A merry Christmas indeed!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

raditts posted:

A merry Christmas indeed!

I can't even blame it on the hot T-Mobile chick. I heard it while I was looking at the computer.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I'm not going crazy, right? Tim Allen really has been shilling out commercials left and right for companies like Campbell's Soup and Chevy, right? I can't turn on the friggin' TV without hearing his voice these days.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

The Grimace posted:

I'm not going crazy, right? Tim Allen really has been shilling out commercials left and right for companies like Campbell's Soup and Chevy, right? I can't turn on the friggin' TV without hearing his voice these days.

Dude's gotta make a buck somehow, his movies keep bombing :smith: I like them...

VV He has a new show?! :psyduck: Name of it, please?

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Nov 3, 2011

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Dude's gotta make a buck somehow, his movies keep bombing :smith: I like them...

It looks like the ratings for his new show are slowly dropping.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Malachite_Dragon posted:

VV He has a new show?! :psyduck: Name of it, please?

Last Man Standing.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Especially that one with the small child learning to salute. And didn't they also do that "This is Our Country" campaign a few years back?

What's really funny about that is that "This Is Our Country," like John Mellencamp, is politically left wing- and very openly and explicitly so. I like to imagine the thousands of proud Hannity-watching 'Murricans that have nodded their heads with pride to a Silverado commercial before googling the song and making GBS threads themselves at its lyrics about gay rights, intelligent design, and anti-intellectualism.

It's basically the same way "Born in the USA" and "This Land is Our Land" have been co-opted by "patriotic" types at some point or another while being the complete antitheses to their values and platforms.

der juicen posted:

Hardees just had a commercial for their cheese biscuit.

What the Christ...

I like it. But I only saw it once. On youtube. And if I had to see it on television, without any control over it, it would get on my nerves after about 1 show (considering the frequency with which Hardee's commercials get replayed).

I do think the "awkward family photo" thing is sort of neat. But it's an admittedly brief appreciation.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Grimace posted:

Jeff Bridges, Jeremy Piven, Michael C Hall and Laurence Fishburne all do regular voice over work for car commercials.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Tim Allen has been doing a ton of radio ads for "Pure Michigan" as well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DJExile posted:

Tim Allen has been doing a ton of radio ads for "Pure Michigan" as well.

I hate those ads. Seriously, Michigan is a great big poo poo hole.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

I was curious so I GIS'd "McRib without sauce." I've never eaten one, have never wanted to, and now I don't think I ever could.

It looks like a giant scab.

I don't recomend it, I got my first and last McRib for free today at lunch (3 hours ago), and I haven't felt well since.

It also had a disgusting rubbery texture to it.

Cmon Yo!
Oct 26, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Mahoning posted:

At least no more than a white American would care about a white guy from South Africa or New Zealand.

You see its because they speak the same language! :eng101:

Spanish people get offended if you even compare them to Latin America.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

I don't see why eating ground up stomach or snout is any worse than eating a cow's rear end or real ribs.

If watching No Reservations has taught me anything, it's that Americans (in general) are really self-entitled and picky when it comes to eating meat. So while many other countries have no problems eating all those other parts of the animal in their somewhat base state, Americans think anything other than muscle is gross. The only way those are made palatable is when they're mashed together and labeled as something else, i.e. hot dogs, bologna, etc..

Teek fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Nov 3, 2011

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Teek posted:

If watching No Reservations has taught me anything, it's that Americans (in general) are really self-entitled and picky when it comes to eating meat. So while many other countries have no problems eating all those other parts of the animal in their somewhat base state, Americans think anything other than muscle is gross. The only way those are made palatable is when they're mashed together and labeled as something else, i.e. hot dogs, bologna, etc..

Pretty much this, yeah. :( As an american, I apologize profusely for my countrymen's asshattery.

VVV They are, but it doesn't excuse our acting like entitled dicks.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Nov 3, 2011

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Hey, now. Hot dogs are delicious, and scrapple is one of the best things about living in Pennsylvania.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Malachite_Dragon posted:

They are, but it doesn't excuse our acting like entitled dicks.

Yes it does. We can eat anything we want because we're rich as hell. I'm going to live it up.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

muscles like this? posted:

Jeff Bridges, Jeremy Piven, Michael C Hall and Laurence Fishburne all do regular voice over work for car commercials.

I wish Will Arnett would go back, too.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Electric Bugaloo posted:

What's really funny about that is that "This Is Our Country," like John Mellencamp, is politically left wing- and very openly and explicitly so. I like to imagine the thousands of proud Hannity-watching 'Murricans that have nodded their heads with pride to a Silverado commercial before googling the song and making GBS threads themselves at its lyrics about gay rights, intelligent design, and anti-intellectualism.

It's basically the same way "Born in the USA" and "This Land is Our Land" have been co-opted by "patriotic" types at some point or another while being the complete antitheses to their values and platforms.

Our Country actually is a patriotic song though, rather than just vaguely patriotic sounding if you only listen to 1 in 10 words.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Teek posted:

If watching No Reservations has taught me anything, it's that Americans (in general) are really self-entitled and picky when it comes to eating meat.

There's some truth to this but at the same time Anthony Bourdain just has a thing for offal.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ugh, gently caress the Sonata "battery" commercial. Mostly for the near constant annoying smoke alarm beep.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
I think KFC has forgotten what "famous" means. You can't suddenly make something more famous on a whim. This is not how things work.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Steak Justice posted:

I think KFC has forgotten what "famous" means. You can't suddenly make something more famous on a whim. This is not how things work.

Hell, they never have, the first commercial I ever saw for the Failure Bowl, called them "Famous"

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

SpacePig posted:

Hey, now. Hot dogs are delicious, and scrapple is one of the best things about living in Pennsylvania.

Also inspired this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HazgL0SLQzg

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
It's officially Christmas season, tonight I saw the Pennsylvania lottery Christmas commercial that is almost as old as I am.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I went into Target to get something for my Halloween costume two days before the actual holiday and all of the stuff had already been piled on a few shelves and the christmas stuff was out. gently caress you America.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

The Moon Monster posted:

Our Country actually is a patriotic song though, rather than just vaguely patriotic sounding if you only listen to 1 in 10 words.

Right, but it's also downright "unamerican" by FOX News logic.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

I came here just to post this. I first saw the ad on adult swim, and thought they were advertising a new show, not a phone...

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I went into Target to get something for my Halloween costume two days before the actual holiday and all of the stuff had already been piled on a few shelves and the christmas stuff was out. gently caress you America.

Yeah, I went to the grocery store Saturday and half the seasonal aisle was halloween candy and the other half was the same loving candy but with snowmen on the packages :mad:

Of course, on December 26th they start putting out Valentine's poo poo, so it's a never-ending problem.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

ElwoodCuse posted:

It's officially Christmas season, tonight I saw the Pennsylvania lottery Christmas commercial that is almost as old as I am.

Whenever I see those commercial I wonder who the hell actually buys lottery tickets for Christmas. "Merry Christmas, you lose!" And what if the ticket actually won? I'd imagine giving a 20 millions dollar lottery ticket to your 10 year old nephew could cause some bitterness.

It's up there with a surprise cat/dog/animal as far as terrible Christmas present ideas go.

Ryokurin
Jul 14, 2001

Wanna Die?

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I can deal with that as it's close enough. What bothered me was when Target did a 'Christmas in July' roadshow that was Christmas Trees and lights that they obviously were trying to get rid of from the year before. It's not cute when QVC does it, and I just didn't see the point for a retail store to try it as well.

Adding to the discussion, the Puss n Boots commercials with the cats doing 'oooooooh!' every three seconds. I just don't get it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Moon Monster posted:

Whenever I see those commercial I wonder who the hell actually buys lottery tickets for Christmas. "Merry Christmas, you lose!" And what if the ticket actually won? I'd imagine giving a 20 millions dollar lottery ticket to your 10 year old nephew could cause some bitterness.

It's up there with a surprise cat/dog/animal as far as terrible Christmas present ideas go.

My parents buy lottery tickets for Christmas. It's not the only gift and I wouldn't buy them, but eh, it's a little bit of fun for a few bucks and we usually end up breaking even.

I also got a dog for Christmas one year and it ruled. :colbert:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

AA is for Quitters posted:

I came here just to post this. I first saw the ad on adult swim, and thought they were advertising a new show, not a phone...

I saw it shortly after his post, and the first time I honestly didn't know what they could've been saying other than "orgy." The next time I saw it I heard T-Mobile Girl say it first and then I was like "Ohhhhh, 4G."

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

My parents buy lottery tickets for Christmas. It's not the only gift and I wouldn't buy them, but eh, it's a little bit of fun for a few bucks and we usually end up breaking even.

I also got a dog for Christmas one year and it ruled. :colbert:

A pet can be a good gift depending on the situation, but it's pretty lovely to spring an animal on someone who may or may not want it. My sister got a god from her birthday from her college roommate last June. Now it's become an obstacle in her post-college planning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

100 Years in Iraq posted:

Yeah, I went to the grocery store Saturday and half the seasonal aisle was halloween candy and the other half was the same loving candy but with snowmen on the packages :mad:

Of course, on December 26th they start putting out Valentine's poo poo, so it's a never-ending problem.

I know that Neiman Marcus is proud that they're not putting up holiday decorations until after Thanksgiving, so it seems that there's some sort of reaction from stores to the Christmas creep.

The Moon Monster posted:

A pet can be a good gift depending on the situation, but it's pretty lovely to spring an animal on someone who may or may not want it. My sister got a god from her birthday from her college roommate last June. Now it's become an obstacle in her post-college planning.

How can it be that much of an obstacle if it's a god? I mean, that's a supernatural being of untold power on our mortal plane. Unless it's an evil god, I don't see the problem. :colbert: