Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scuttle_SE
Jun 2, 2005
I like mammaries
Pillbug

We're experiencing technical difficulties...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

I've seen Westerns, I know how to speak cowboy.

Scuttle_SE posted:

We're experiencing technical difficulties...

So that's what GBS-FM version 1 looked like.

Scuttle_SE
Jun 2, 2005
I like mammaries
Pillbug
We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Next up, probably something that will rape your ears...

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Scuttle_SE posted:

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Next up, probably something that will rape your ears...

Frollo powerblock, coming up!

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
We're sorry for the instability over the last few days, we had a hard disk failure (it was in a RAID array, so no data loss) and now we've got some network issues.

We'll be back as soon as we can.

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
Site and stream are back up!

BossTweed
Apr 9, 2001

Doctor Rope

Nihiliste posted:

Site and stream are back up!

I noticed.

"Hmm, I wonder if GBS.FM is back up.. let me start the stream"

"Ah, '100 Ways To Love a Cat', my favorite!"

weirdojace
Sep 4, 2007
I tried uploading The Flaming Lips' six hour song.

It didn't work. :(

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005

weirdojace posted:

I tried uploading The Flaming Lips' six hour song.

It didn't work. :(

I doubt that there's any point, since even the few hour-long tracks on the site almost never get played.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Important announcement!

:butt:

Why butts? Well...why not butts?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I'm enjoying the current Queen block dedicated to Steve Jobs:

RIP :v:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Gotta go fast!

In other news, I'm amazed that nobody uploaded the Sonic & Knuckles soundtrack before I did.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
This site better be functional when I get back from deployment. I demand to have my ears raped, do you hear me? Demand!

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
One of the hard disks in our server has failed, the RAID array is currently rebuilding - we'll be back as soon as we can!

(there is no data loss)

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Done!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I was listening to NPR and I heard a bit about Turkish Progressive Rock from the 70s. It sounded pretty awesome. Anyone got some of this poo poo?

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005
If anyone has it, it would be DaWolfey.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I like using GBS-FM to find terrible exciting music from around the world. Except most of it ends up being Finnish. That said, Eläkeläiset

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

I was listening to NPR and I heard a bit about Turkish Progressive Rock from the 70s. It sounded pretty awesome. Anyone got some of this poo poo?

There's some Erkin Koray, Baris Manco, Mogollar, and Burak Yeter in the library now.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

clearer view of today's background

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

skander posted:

There's some Erkin Koray, Baris Manco, Mogollar, and Burak Yeter in the library now.

Sweet! I will randomly play this stuff! Thanks dude

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
Is there a way to see what are top rated songs? As in 5.0 with the most number of votes?

Paint it Black has 5.0 with 27 votes.

I was trying to guess other bands, tried ABBA, Metallica, Queen... but I'm finding only 4.9's.

Scuttle_SE
Jun 2, 2005
I like mammaries
Pillbug
Not quite sure how one would calculate a correct score, but here are the scores for songs with more than 100 votes
code:
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------+-------+
| title                                                                                           | score | votes |
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------+-------+
| Under Pressure                                                                                  |  4.81 |   102 | 
| (Don't Fear) The Reaper                                                                         |  4.79 |   111 | 
| Always Look on the Bright Side of Life                                                          |  4.79 |   101 | 
| Space Oddity                                                                                    |  4.77 |   108 | 
| Money for Nothing                                                                               |  4.74 |   108 | 
| Frontier Psychiatrist                                                                           |  4.73 |   133 | 
| gently caress You!                                                                                       |  4.72 |   135 | 
| Mr. Blue Sky                                                                                    |  4.69 |   171 | 
| Common People                                                                                   |  4.68 |   102 | 
| Baby (feat. Scoutacris)                                                                         |  4.63 |   141 | 
| Joousamamonogatari                                                                              |  4.63 |   122 | 
| Scatman (Ski-ba-bop-ba-dop-bop)                                                                 |  4.60 |   103 | 
| Party Hard                                                                                      |  4.58 |   112 | 
| Dixie                                                                                           |  4.29 |   101 | 
| Take on Me (remix)                                                                              |  4.09 |   178 | 
| Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)                                                                    |  3.95 |   101 | 
| Alejandro                                                                                       |  3.63 |   105 | 
| L: Background Music  R: Speech                                                                  |  3.48 |   134 | 
| Don't Stop Believin'                                                                            |  3.41 |   218 | 
| Bob Pokosy (grorious famicom 8-bit remix)                                                       |  3.13 |   124 | 
| Bob Pokosy (extended)                                                                           |  3.09 |   193 | 
| Four Steve Perries Faithfully DVDAing You While the French Foreign Legion Looks on in Disbelief |  2.90 |   106 | 
| I'm a Supergirl                                                                                 |  2.84 |   145 | 
| Five Crazy Frogs Raping Your Ears, Mouth and Nostrils                                           |  2.83 |   111 | 
| Nyanbeat                                                                                        |  2.43 |   113 | 

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

That looks like a great list to play at parties.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Talas posted:

That looks like a great list to play at parties.

With the Pokosy kicking in just as you're trying to get everyone to leave, right?

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Our motives are multiple, our desires complex.
Fallen Rib

kingturnip posted:

With the Pokosy kicking in just as you're trying to get everyone to leave, right?

If you're playing it in order and they haven't left by the time Four Steve Perries starts, you're stuck with them for the rest of the night.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Dominus Vobiscum posted:

If you're playing it in order and they haven't left by the time Four Steve Perries starts, you're stuck with them for the rest of the night.
Ready for the never-ending Nyanbeat loop.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
This was delightful to see after not reloading the playlist for a while. :ghost:

(I'm also impressed that we only have 14 listeners but a 37-dong-long playlist.)

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
And now for a Klaus Wunderlich block!

Apart from one song because Nihiliste is selfish :colbert:

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Dies ist Klaus-FM!

(Thanks google translate)

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe
Some great music I wouldn't have discovered if it hadn't been for GBS-FM.

ForestHobo
Sep 19, 2004
Roses are red, violets are blue, omgwtf, I love you.

Default Settings posted:

This is applicable to about 75% of what I listen to these days.

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005

DaWolfey posted:

And now for a Klaus Wunderlich block!

Apart from one song because Nihiliste is selfish :colbert:

I like my Klaus, but I'd go mad if I had to hear him non-stop!

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?
Yeah it was fun, now I'm eagerly awaiting the end of the block.

Comfy Chairs
May 21, 2005

by Ralp

Default Settings posted:

Prolonged exposure to GBS-FM has left me in a situation where I can't chat with my cow-orkers when they're busy discussing the latest X Factor pop sensation. It's a musical gateway drug that has got me hooked on the hard stuff, unable relate to people who aren't kindred junkies.

Underflow
Apr 4, 2008

EGOMET MIHI IGNOSCO
Radio and IRC turned to poo poo in the late 80s and late 90s respectively, but both GBSFM's stream and channel are great. Fun music, likeable people; what more d'ya want.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

#gbsfm is full of assholes

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SwissCM posted:

You called?

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Go on, join #gbsfm and find out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Our motives are multiple, our desires complex.
Fallen Rib

SwissCM posted:

All the cool people hang out in #gbs-fm

• Locked thread