Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

That was my stupid joke but noone actually joined #gbsfm so I gave up because I'm lazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

IRC is for losers :smug:

My boss would fire me if he saw me on IRC :ohdear:

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Maybe you could disguise it as something else? Comic Chat!

Radio PhoolCat
Aug 13, 2003

Gentlemanly attire.
(wheee)

Dominus Vobiscum posted:

All the cool people hang out in #gbs-fm

Me too!

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
For those with smartphones I was able to add GBS-FM to the TuneIn app. Just search for GBS-FM.

http://tunein.com/radio/GBS-FM-Goon-Radio-s149419/

Comfy Chairs
May 21, 2005

by Ralp
I just used AndroIRC on my smartphone and entered the server/chan manually, so now I can enjoy those long periods of awkward silence while on the move. The IRC chan is probably one of the most relaxed and drama-free corners of the internet. Even if the current site implementation is somewhat lacking I take some comfort in our small band of IRCers.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

MisterLizard posted:

server/chan

I imagine a naked girl standing next to a server rack.

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Our motives are multiple, our desires complex.
Fallen Rib
I shudder to think what GBSFM-tan would look like.

Radio PhoolCat
Aug 13, 2003

Gentlemanly attire.
(wheee)

Dominus Vobiscum posted:

I shudder to think what GBSFM-tan would look like.
Istr there was a toy duck and some bees involved, I'll have a dig in the archives when I get home

Fantasmo
Dec 19, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Forgive me, but it's not in the OP ...how are the tokens awarded?

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The enemy has become a flaming star!

Fantasmo posted:

Forgive me, but it's not in the OP ...how are the tokens awarded?

I'm afraid nobody really knows.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
Santa brings them!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
It involves an arcane ritual whereby the mods look down from above, ask the IRC channel's holy oracle, and gives tokens to whomever the oracle deems worthy.

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Fallen Rib
People who add Ke$ha get tokens.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

You have to say "token" three times in front of a mirror.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

They all lie, you just have to go on IRC and ask for them.

Fantasmo
Dec 19, 2008

by Fistgrrl

ledge posted:

They all lie, you just have to go on IRC and ask for them.

The more I plead my case the more I'll get, right?

Radio PhoolCat
Aug 13, 2003

Gentlemanly attire.
(wheee)

Fantasmo posted:

The more I plead my case the more I'll get, right?
Back in the day anybody who dared that in irc got made into a catgirl.
The number of catgirls on the station is what eventually brought about it's demise.

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

What sort of catgirl?

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
The worst kind.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I have a token. I don't know how I got it, but I'm hoping if I keep it for long enough it'll split and turn into more tokens. Like an amoeba.

Fantasmo
Dec 19, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Woebin posted:

I have a token. I don't know how I got it, but I'm hoping if I keep it for long enough it'll split and turn into more tokens. Like an amoeba.

Use them on two tracks that run together. I got loving 3 :smug: and blew my load right away. Don't be afraid to live!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
No, you should be like me and hoard all the tokens you get...until you have 9 and realize that there's no point to having all the tokens if you never use them on anything. And then you blow 5 tokens on all the songs on the Dad Rock album.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Keru posted:

The worst kind.

The worst kind being an unironic one right?

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
There was a radio subforum a few years ago, did it go away? I forgot the name so I don't even know what to look for in the forum index :negative:

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I got a bunch more tokens and did a 12-song Einstürzende Neubauten block. Too bad basically only I and nielsm were on.

Scuttle_SE
Jun 2, 2005
I like mammaries
Pillbug
After some... uh, unscheduled downtime, the station is once again up, doing its best to make your ears bleed.

Comfy Chairs
May 21, 2005

by Ralp
For some bizarre reason SynIRC has decided I'm a spambot and IP-banned me, so no more #gbs-fm chat until I can figure out how to contact their admin team - their website is borked :(

edit: Oh, it's not just me. Phew.

Comfy Chairs fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Nov 28, 2011

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Synirc seems to have gone mental and banned lots of people for being Spambots. So we have no IRC for now. (Including me)

edit: Twitter is abuzz about it.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Yeah, it looks like someone's gotten their hands on a synirc ircop account and decided to be a dick, or someone is burning out in a spectacular fashion.

Edit: Their forums are hella slow now, probably from everyone trying to figure out what the hell happened. In the meantime, you can use the steam group channel to chat, if you really need it.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
The current status graph on here is quite funny http://stats.synirc.net/phpdenora/?m=h

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

"No. It's not the end of synIRC. It's also not the end of the world. It's just the end of some admin's permission to use the spam filters." from their twitter.

:allears:

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Looks like a basic server is up, but there are no services online.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

And back down.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

"Yeah. It's not fixed. Anyone getting rebanned is because the system is retriggering. Give us some time. We'll be back. I'll let you know."

How Not To Run an IRC: By Synirc

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Righto, after they pulled their webserver to get backups of config files (at least, that's what I gather from their twitter), synirc is now back up with services restored.

This has been an example of why you make backups someplace other than your webserver.

leebenningfield
Dec 11, 2004

This is Leviathan? This is your fucking guy?
@spam zIRC SynIRC

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I upgraded to iOS 5 on the weekend, and now when I zoom in on the site, every DIV zooms simultaneously, rather than the site as a whole page, is anyone else seeing this? I'd be curious if it affects other WebKit browsers.

Before (slightly zoomed in, correct behaviour on iOS 4)

After (zoomed in, bad behaviour on iOS 5)

Chris Knight fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Nov 29, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Fallen Rib
Looks fine to me on the stock Android browser.

• Locked thread