Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

How exactly does the timing of the auctions work? When someone bids does it add 60 seconds to the auction? is there a limit to how many times the auction can be extended?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

ChocNitty posted:

How exactly does the timing of the auctions work? When someone bids does it add 60 seconds to the auction? is there a limit to how many times the auction can be extended?

From what I've seen, every time someone bids with under a minute left, the auction clock gets reset to 60 seconds when that bid is accepted. I've seen auctions with "less than a minute" remaining run for another 10 minutes, so I haven't figured out if there's a limit once a bidding war starts at the end of an auction.

Dinosorcerer
Sep 2, 2011

ChocNitty posted:

How come I dont feel a surge of acceleration when the turbo or lift kicks in? The powerband feels the same from top to bottom.

I would say you can't feel it because you are not actually sitting in the car.

I can't speak for every car, but I've driven a few turbo S13's, WRX's, Evo's, and own an R32 GTR and the power delivery is pretty accurate, as far as you can tell by watching a screen.

Edit: Try driving the Top Secret S15 or the 0-300 Supra, starting from rest. It goes nopower nopower nopower nopower INFINITE WHEELSPIN

Dinosorcerer fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 4, 2011

alr
May 14, 2009
The monthly Rivals events updated, but unfortunately it's only the monthly ones. Looks like they'll be the only ones that change. I know it was basically guaranteed the others wouldn't change, but a bit more variety would have been nice.

TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day

Athanatos posted:

Still has all the Charm when it's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hasrfapRkdw

We need driver customization so bad. I want to re-enact the Stig Farm.

Also, old leather driving gloves for classic cars.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

After doing a few track days, I've noticed the AI gets somewhat predictable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZqew4tEnCk

Seems to always be an outside-inside-outside line through the corners. (Although this might have been a little more luck than skill)

TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day

Deeters posted:

After doing a few track days, I've noticed the AI gets somewhat predictable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZqew4tEnCk

Seems to always be an outside-inside-outside line through the corners. (Although this might have been a little more luck than skill)

No, it is possible especially with repeated lapping to build up a really good model of how the AI react during the passing sections. With a decent car on a good track, it can be a zenlike state. Then your finger itches and it's the worst thing in the world.

Nurburg at least needs the AI to stay to the right as required on public days. I can't help but do my hardest to pass on the left, and while it's good exercise it's harder than it has to be.

ihop
Jul 23, 2001
King of the Mexicans
I've noticed that too. Road America is another one that they are really predictable on. They all line up to cut early to the inside of every corner, then swing wide on exit. If you do the opposite, and find a gap near the apex to shoot through, it's no problem passing large packs of them.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Humerus posted:

Oh god tell me this on the storefront.

Also, re: Having the Stig drive in replays, do you notice that it turns every driver into the Stig? It kinda took away the charm when I first noticed. Still cool though.

Yah I put it up, after realising my comedy could make me CHRIS TUCKER RICH.

GT: Hello Spaceman.
Or just search for "A vent a door"

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

Hello Spaceman posted:

I didn't get it until this post. Well done.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Such a close race I thought we would tie.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Hello Spaceman posted:

:stare: Wow, clever.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

Hello Spaceman posted:

I think it occurred to someone else too.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Sunday Punch posted:

I think it occurred to someone else too.

:ssh: Don't tell anybody, but this was the inspiration.

ihop
Jul 23, 2001
King of the Mexicans
I know this has been answered but I can't find it. How the gently caress do I upload my replay movies? I convert them, then select yes to upload them to forzamotorsports.net. Sometimes it tells me I've already uploaded a file or big picture but I overwrite that poo poo anyway. After a few minutes it says it's been successfully uploaded but where the gently caress are they?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

ihop posted:

I know this has been answered but I can't find it. How the gently caress do I upload my replay movies? I convert them, then select yes to upload them to forzamotorsports.net. Sometimes it tells me I've already uploaded a file or big picture but I overwrite that poo poo anyway. After a few minutes it says it's been successfully uploaded but where the gently caress are they?

have you uploaded a regular size picture? If not, it won't let you in the gallery. Once you hae a regular picture uploaded, go to the gallery and on the right it will have your large file.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Kilonum posted:

OK, who is up for a 2.5 hour race on Old Mulsanne?

Only rules are 650PI, car must be RWD and from the 50s. Qualifying will be a single lap around TGTT with no contact and a 5 second roll-off between cars.

Race will be held on Saturday Nov 13th at 6pm EDT/3pm PDT/10pm GMT.

Any takers?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Only if you foot the bill for the cost of a piss bag and a beer helmet.

On the other hand, I like the idea of more tightly controlled class races.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

Ringo Star Get posted:

Sunday Crunch how much Forza Fun Bucks do you take in for a commission for a bad rear end paintjob I'd like done? Or does it involve a Forza Fun Handy?

What did you have in mind?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Hello Spaceman posted:

:ssh: Don't tell anybody, but this was the inspiration.

:mad:

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Sunday Punch posted:

What did you have in mind?

To be fully honest, I'm not sure. I'm not very artistically inclined so my mind never wandered to what sort of design I should do for a car. Although right now I'm on a pixel-design kick, so anything pixel-ly and old-school game-related is what I'm aiming for.

I have a design on the storefront for the BMW M1 of a pixel plane shooting an explosion, which surprisingly 2 people downloaded, but thats the amazing extent of my abilities.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate
I'm still hoping that someone with much more artistic talent than myself comes up with some sort of livery based on this logo:

Preferably, focusing on the purple and orange more than the green, and preferably on a fun car (Datsun 510, Fairlady Z, BMW 2002, or similar). Willing to pay good Forza Fun Bucks for it.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

IOwnCalculus posted:

:mad:

The "a vent, a door" bit was from the pic posted. I just figured it would be a funny livery. Your extension of the idea is need not my idea, and much funnier than what I originally had. Sorry :(

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I'm just loving with you :)

I haven't even fired up Forza 4 in way too loving long. If I got the season pass, I just get the free pack on the market and bam, instant Bel Air and Typhoon?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

IOwnCalculus posted:

I'm just loving with you :)

I haven't even fired up Forza 4 in way too loving long. If I got the season pass, I just get the free pack on the market and bam, instant Bel Air and Typhoon?
Yeah, you'd get those by default.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

New rivals monthly challenges are up and I already miss my little Starter Car Open ForzaBucks Generator.

Tricky one there Turn10 adding the Aventador event to give us one more nudge to pony up the cash for the pack/season pass, but it's a good way to showcase the new content.

pvax fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Nov 4, 2011

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!
Speaking of the Syclone / Typhoon, they're pretty bitchin' in E class.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

Kilonum posted:

Any takers?

It seems like an okay idea, but I think it would be better with 60s cars alowed just because I don't see a lot of 1950s cars that would be competitive. I mean, I have a Testa Rossa I could bring up to that PI. I was just thinking, it is Le Mans, would be nice to see some Daytonas, P4s, and GT40s going at it hard.

TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day

jadebullet posted:

It seems like an okay idea, but I think it would be better with 60s cars alowed just because I don't see a lot of 1950s cars that would be competitive. I mean, I have a Testa Rossa I could bring up to that PI. I was just thinking, it is Le Mans, would be nice to see some Daytonas, P4s, and GT40s going at it hard.

Agree. I can't even afford the cool cars yet so the best I could do is drop a modern engine in a Gullwing. I'll be happy to participate, but these rules are a bit rough.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
New Monthly Rivals:

Sedan Quarter Mile Drag Race

The Sliding Pony Drift for points

Barcelona Battle Fastest Time

Motegi Track Day Dodge That Traffic

and for DLC Only:

Conquering the Bull Fastest Time

For the last one 100 Randomly chosen players on the leaderboard will be chosen and receive a 2002 BWM M3-GTR

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

A single black muscle car caused a chain reaction in turn 1 of Maple Valley Reverse.

Wanderer89
Oct 12, 2009

hitze posted:

A single black muscle car caused a chain reaction in turn 1 of Maple Valley Reverse.

I can't tell, but I sure hope it was a '69 Charger from 'Death Proof'

(PS I sell the design in my storefront... lol)

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

So I can finally connect to races and I see that I wasn't missing anything.

Race 1: 5 people racing LMPs who can't drive for poo poo, Me in an E30 just trying to have a nice drive, some shitlord in a Toureg who was a good driver, but he was using it to ram me off the track like a 5 year old.

Race 2: 4 people racing ALMS cars who can't drive for poo poo, Me in an S class RWD Aventador wins 1st place [for the record I suck so this is amazing]

Race 3 More dumbass LMPs, but this time with someone yelling racist things at another player because they had a hot mic

GT5 seems to have way more serious racing in my opinion. I can't wait until all the people move to whatever ADHD game comes out next.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

You are joining the wrong lobbies.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

hitze posted:

You are joining the wrong lobbies.

Pray tell where are the serious business lobbies?

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

djfooboo posted:

Non-public lobbies.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

djfooboo posted:

The Goon racing clubs (LLJK, GISH, SAEG, and the new AFGS) usually have pretty good, serious racing. (Save for the occasional GoonbusTM shenanigans.)

ihop
Jul 23, 2001
King of the Mexicans

djfooboo posted:

What is your gamertag and when do you usually play?

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The Goon racing clubs (LLJK, GISH, SAEG, and the new AFGS) usually have pretty good, serious racing. (Save for the occasional GoonbusTM shenanigans.)

You're forgetting GTCC. On the topic of clubs it'd be nice if the leaders of LLJK could do a little pruning at some point because I think it's pretty clear at this point we have some dead weight. Maybe kick everyone level 20 or below that doesn't post in this thread asking not to be kicked.
Also if no one beats me too it I think I'll try and look up membership numbers for all goon clubs and then post them here with additional details such as regional details for any homeless goons out there still looking for a club.

LLJK: 100 members; Mostly American time zones.
GISH: 92 members; Mostly American time zones.
GTCC: 37 members; Mostly American? time zones.
SAEG: 57 members; Mostly European time zones.
AFGS: ? members; Mostly Asian/Australian time zones.

Couldn't find AFGS membership info yet if someone could fill it in that would be great.

General Probe fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Nov 5, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.

TravBot posted:

I'm still hoping that someone with much more artistic talent than myself comes up with some sort of livery based on this logo:

Preferably, focusing on the purple and orange more than the green, and preferably on a fun car (Datsun 510, Fairlady Z, BMW 2002, or similar). Willing to pay good Forza Fun Bucks for it.

I tried my best, but I couldn't manage it. I'll give it another go sometime, but the shading is making it tricky to keep layers down. I'll let you know if I get anywhere further :)

• Locked thread