Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Didn't Anders Loves Maria use "bork" to mean anal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruce Leroy
Jun 10, 2010

Pope Guilty posted:

Are you sure that it's not some native Norwegian term?

I mean we all know what Santorum is in English.

Lee Harvey Oswald posted:

This shithead always pollutes my local paper's Sunday edition.

Yeah, it's not that people criticize Clarence Thomas, Michael Steele, Herman Cain, etc. for the stupid and lovely things they think, say, believe, and do, it's that liberals are the real racists who want to tear down any black conservatives to prevent any other black people from becoming conservatives, too.

I hate this "liberals are the real racists" bullshit. Why is it when liberals cite/criticize racism, conservatives claim these are examples of "playing the race card" or "race baiting," but the instant that a black or other racial minority conservative gets criticized, they reflexively claim that all criticism is because that conservative is non-white?

Here's another great example of this:

Ann Coulter posted:

By spending the last three decades leveling accusations of “racism” every 10 seconds, liberals have made it virtually impossible for Americans to recognize real racism — for example, the racism constantly spewed at black conservatives.

In the last year alone, a short list of the things liberals have labeled “racist” include:

* Being a Republican;

* Joining the tea party;

* The word “the” (Donald Trump’s statement that he has a “great relationship with the blacks”);

* References to Barack Obama’s playing basketball (Trump again);

* Using Obama’s middle name;

* Scott Brown’s pickup truck;

* Opposing Obamacare;

* Opposing Obama’s stimulus bill;

* Opposing Obama’s jobs bill.

The surge in conservative support for Herman Cain confuses the Democrats’ story line, which is that Republicans hate Obama because he’s black.

Cain is twice as black as Obama. (Possible Obama campaign slogan: “Too Black!”)

This is why the liberal website Politico ran with a story on Cain that had everything — a powerful black man, a Republican presidential candidate, the hint of sexuality — except facts.

All we learned was: About a decade ago, as many as two anonymous women accused Cain of making unspecified “inappropriate” remarks and one “inappropriate” gesture in the workplace. (We had more than that on John Edwards’ mistress a year into the media’s refusal to report that story.)

If the details helped liberals, we’d have the details.

To have been accused of sexual harassment in the 1990s is like having been accused of molesting children at preschools in the 1980s or accused of being a witch in Massachusetts in the 1690s.

In the 1990s, one plaintiff won a $50 million jury verdict against Wal-Mart on the grounds that a “hostile environment” was created by her supervisor’s yelling at both male and female employees. In another case, a plaintiff won a $250,000 award for sexual harassment based on her complaint that a male colleague had reached for a pastry saying, “Nothing I like more in the morning than sticky buns,” while “wriggl(ing)” his eyebrows.

It got so crazy that a 6-year-old boy was suspended from class for a day for kissing a classmate on the cheek, and a Goya painting had to be removed from a Penn State classroom because a professor complained that it constituted sexual harassment.

With no standard other than the subjective offense taken by the accuser, absolutely anyone could be called a witch, i.e., a sexual harasser. So it’s striking that the only two conservative public figures accused of being witches both happened to be conservative blacks: Clarence Thomas and Herman Cain.

Liberals go straight to ugly racist stereotypes when attacking conservative blacks, calling them oversexualized, stupid and/or incompetent.

The late, lamented, white liberal reporter Mary McGrory called Justice Antonin Scalia “a brilliant and compelling extremist” — while dismissing Thomas as “Scalia’s puppet.”

More recently, Democratic Sen. Harry Reid called Scalia “one smart guy.” In the next breath, he proclaimed Thomas “an embarrassment to the Supreme Court,” adding, “I think that his opinions are poorly written.”

When Bush made Condoleezza Rice the first black female secretary of state, terror swept through the Democratic Party. What if people began to notice and ask questions: “Who’s that black woman always standing with George Bush?” Never mind! He’s probably arresting her.

In addition to an explosion of racist cartoons portraying Rice as Aunt Jemima, Butterfly McQueen from “Gone With the Wind,” a fat-lipped Bush parrot and other racist cliches, allegedly respectable liberals promptly called her stupid and incompetent.

Joseph Cirincione, then with the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, said Rice “doesn’t bring much experience or knowledge of the world to this position.” (Unlike Hillary Clinton, whose experience for the job consisted of being married to an impeached, disbarred former president.)

Democratic consultant Bob Beckel — who ran Walter Mondale’s 1984 campaign so competently that Mondale lost 49 states — said of Rice, “I don’t think she’s up to the job.”

When Michael Steele ran for senator in Maryland in 2006, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee dug up a copy of his credit report — something done to no other Republican candidate. He was depicted in black face with huge red lips by liberal blogger Steve Gilliard. Oreo cookies were rolled down the aisle at Steele during a gubernatorial debate in 2002.

Trafficking in racist imagery is consequence-free for liberals because they have ruined charges of “racism” with their own overuse of the term. By now, any accusation of racism has the feel of a Big Foot sighting.

It’s a neat trick, rather as if the Nazis had called everything “genocide” right before launching the Holocaust, and then admonished resisters not to “play the genocide card.”

Liberals step on black conservatives early and often because they can’t have black children thinking, “Hmmm, the Republicans have some good ideas; maybe I’m a Republican.”

The basic setup is:

Step 1: Spend 30 years telling blacks that Republicans are racist and viciously attacking all black Republicans.

Step 2: Laugh maliciously at Republicans for not having more blacks in their party.

It is beyond insane that Herman Cain would have considered running for president if he had the tiniest skeleton in his closet. To be an out-of-the-closet black Republican, you had better be a combination rocket scientist/Baptist preacher. Which, as it happens, Cain is.

Meanwhile, MSNBC is cutting into its prime-time programming to announce updates in the fact-free hit on Cain. That’s not because anyone there thinks he’ll be the nominee. Everyone knows it’s going to be Mitt Romney.

But liberals are determined to make sure that, six months from now, everyone has forgotten Herman Cain so they can go back to claiming Republicans oppose Obama because they hate blacks.

All the racist things she claims are perpetrated against black conservatives actually occur to a far worse degree for black Democrats and liberals, especially Obama.

Personally, I want all this sexual harassment stuff about Herman Cain to go away so that we can get back to focusing on all the important things, like how he:

-wants to fatally electrocute Mexicans who try to cross the border
-depending on what audience he's speaking to, will either not appoint any Muslims to his presidential cabinet, may appoint them but will require some kind of kind of loyalty oath or litmus test, or appoint them if they are qualified with no other requirements (that last one only comes out when people call him on his bullshit)
-thinks gays are perverted sinners and homosexuality is a choice, but the onus is on everyone else to prove that it isn't a choice (rather than that he has to prove it is)
-has a flat tax plan that obviously favors the wealthy and punishes the poor and middle class, so he has to add in plenty of credits and exemptions, which inherently makes it not a flat tax

I want Cain's campaign to crash and burn for the right reasons, i.e. that he's grossly unqualified to be president and holds terrible beliefs and opinions, which are then spewed out in comically unprofessional bullshit.

fed_dude
May 31, 2004

Bruce Leroy posted:

I hate this "liberals are the real racists" bullshit. Why is it when liberals cite/criticize racism, conservatives claim these are examples of "playing the race card" or "race baiting," but the instant that a black or other racial minority conservative gets criticized, they reflexively claim that all criticism is because that conservative is non-white?

Maybe it's because we spent the last four years making legitimate criticisms of Obama, and were constantly called racist with all our criticisms dismissed. It seemed to work well for the left, so the right is trying it on for size. I mean, seriously, over and over again I was told that I could not possibly criticize Obama unless I was racist. So now the shoe is on the other foot, and lefties are upset.

It's like the congressional filibuster stuff. When Congress is majority Democrat, the New York Times will talk about how bad and anti-democratic filibusters are and how the Democrats should use the "nuclear option", but as soon as the Democrats are in the minority the New York Times talks about how important the filibuster is, and how evil it would be if the GOP used the "nuclear option." And they say it with a straight face.

So no, I don't really think people are racist just for criticizing Cain, but I do think incidents like this show that a lot of Democrat power brokers use race as a political tool, and really don't care about helping anyone but themselves. Sure, the same can be said about GOP power brokers, but that's not the topic at hand.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

fed_dude posted:

Maybe it's because we spent the last four years making legitimate criticisms of Obama, and were constantly called racist with all our criticisms dismissed. It seemed to work well for the left, so the right is trying it on for size. I mean, seriously, over and over again I was told that I could not possibly criticize Obama unless I was racist. So now the shoe is on the other foot, and lefties are upset.

There are legitimate criticisms that you can make about Obama, but it's undeniable that there is an ugly strain of racism that's become more pronounced in the Republican base since Obama was elected.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Bruce Leroy posted:

Are you sure that it's not some native Norwegian term?

I mean we all know what Santorum is in English.

I'd really like to see santorum get in the Oxford English Dictionary before I die.

Er, the word, not the substance itself.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

redmercer posted:

Talk about sticky pages.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Bruce Leroy posted:

Personally, I want all this sexual harassment stuff about Herman Cain to go away so that we can get back to focusing on all the important things, like how he:

-wants to fatally electrocute Mexicans who try to cross the border
-depending on what audience he's speaking to, will either not appoint any Muslims to his presidential cabinet, may appoint them but will require some kind of kind of loyalty oath or litmus test, or appoint them if they are qualified with no other requirements (that last one only comes out when people call him on his bullshit)
-thinks gays are perverted sinners and homosexuality is a choice, but the onus is on everyone else to prove that it isn't a choice (rather than that he has to prove it is)
-has a flat tax plan that obviously favors the wealthy and punishes the poor and middle class, so he has to add in plenty of credits and exemptions, which inherently makes it not a flat tax

I want Cain's campaign to crash and burn for the right reasons, i.e. that he's grossly unqualified to be president and holds terrible beliefs and opinions, which are then spewed out in comically unprofessional bullshit.

"Just so I can clarify this for the media, this may be a breaking news announcement for the media: I am the Koch brothers' brother from another mother. Yes. I'm their brother from another mother! And proud of it!"

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

That's actually a very good move on his part. Cain knows that his chances of winning the nomination are zero, so why not embrace the big bucks conservative donors out there?

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

fed_dude posted:

It's like the congressional filibuster stuff. When Congress is majority Democrat, the New York Times will talk about how bad and anti-democratic filibusters are and how the Democrats should use the "nuclear option", but as soon as the Democrats are in the minority the New York Times talks about how important the filibuster is, and how evil it would be if the GOP used the "nuclear option." And they say it with a straight face.

So no, I don't really think people are racist just for criticizing Cain, but I do think incidents like this show that a lot of Democrat power brokers use race as a political tool, and really don't care about helping anyone but themselves. Sure, the same can be said about GOP power brokers, but that's not the topic at hand.

I'm pretty sure every complaint in this post is false, unless this is c/p'ed from somewhere, in which case it's perfect for this thread.

Bruce Leroy
Jun 10, 2010

fed_dude posted:

Total bullshit. Obama has been routinely criticized by people all across the political spectrum without the vast majority of those people being called racists unless they were specifically using race as part of their criticisms, e.g. "Obama's a secret Kenyan Muslim," "Obama's not eligible to be president," "Barack HUSSEIN Obama," "Obama's Plan, White Slavery," etc. If you don't want Obama's conservative critics being called racists, then maybe you should do something to clean the racists out of the tea party movement and the GOP.

Also, "legitimate criticisms of Obama" are not "He's a Marxist fascist," "Class Warfare!," or "He hates America."

fed_dude posted:

More bullshit, as the exact loving opposite is true. When Republicans were in control of Congress and the White House from 2001 to 2007, they specifically called for the end of the filibuster after they called Democrats who wanted to use it obstructionists.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/congress/jan-june05/judges_4-18.html

Since losing Congress in 2006 and the White House in 2008, Republicans have sharply increased their filibusters, coming out against their previous position that filibusters were obstructionist and violate the will of the people who elected Congress. Now that it's Republicans that are doing the filibustering, suddenly filibusters are patriotic and help prevent the tyranny of the majority from silencing the rest of the nation.

https://www.google.com/search?q=republicans+filibuster&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

http://motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2011/11/chart-day-republicans-and-filibuster

(The colors represent the minority party in each Senate session, red=Republican blue=Democrat)

fed_dude posted:

Yes, it is the topic at hand. As I previously said, every criticism related to charges of racism against black conservatives can be leveled numerous times over when it comes to criticism against black Democrats and liberals, especially Barack Obama.

E.g. from the previous editorial I posted:

Ann Coulter posted:

When Michael Steele ran for senator in Maryland in 2006, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee dug up a copy of his credit report — something done to no other Republican candidate.

Coulter is claiming it is racist for people to hold black politicians like Michael Steele to special criticisms and standards not subjected to other candidates. Therefore, to be logically consistent and intellectually honest, the entire Birther movement, which is expansive and incorporates prominent conservatives like Rick Perry, Tom Tancredo, and Donald Trump, is racist because it holds Obama to a standard that no other politician, of any race or political affiliation, has been held.

And how does this incident "show that a lot of Democrat power brokers use race as a political tool, and really don't care about helping anyone but themselves?" Liberals, progressives, and Democrats are the ones actually fighting in favor of things like anti-discrimination legislation (including pushing for current policies to include sexual orientation), social justice policies (e.g. better funding for programs that help poor and minority individuals, families, small business owners, etc.), unionization efforts (e.g. "card check" legislation), better public school funding, universal healthcare programs, and other political efforts that would help minorities of all stripes (racial, religious, ethnic, sexual orientation and identity, etc.) and other tangibly suffering groups, like impoverished people, the mentally ill, the homeless, and substance abusers.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

redmercer posted:

I'd really like to see santorum get in the Oxford English Dictionary before I die.

IMO, it won't be real word until it is used more for what it is purported to mean than for discussion of what people want it to mean.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pope Guilty posted:

It didn't mean it, it was just the sound effect! That's the sound anal sex makes. Bork bork bork.

Bruce Leroy
Jun 10, 2010

VideoTapir posted:

IMO, it won't be real word until it is used more for what it is purported to mean than for discussion of what people want it to mean.

Well, wouldn't some of the people most likely to use such a term for what it would mean be people who regularly have anal sex, like homosexual and bisexual men?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I'm sure my trolling of my local Las Vegas papers can bring up plenty of examples, given that we have a loud minority of strong libertarians.

Here's the best I've got for now, a dude is unhappy that the freeway running parallel to casino row has diamond lanes. It's a federal conspiracy and ruining perfectly good pavement that could make more room for cars with a single driver!

"Hear hear!" the internet commenters say:

quote:

Are you expected to ask a neighbor to just go along for the ride in order to "carpool?" These lanes were paid for by all the taxpayers, but only some get to use them. Maybe next we'll have a special lane for Congressmen?

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Nov 8, 2011

Bruce Leroy
Jun 10, 2010

Craptacular! posted:

I'm sure my trolling of my local Las Vegas papers can bring up plenty of examples, given that we have a loud minority of strong libertarians.

Here's the best I've got for now, a dude is unhappy that the freeway running parallel to casino row has diamond lanes. It's a federal conspiracy and ruining perfectly good pavement that could make more room for cars with a single driver!

"Hear hear!" the internet commenters say:

Yes, I'm sure the freeway next to one of the biggest tourist attractions on the planet would be well run as a for-profit entity. (The roads to everyone's houses, though? No chance.)

Wait, so the original editorial is complaining that NDOT isn't serving the needs of the people that pay their salaries (Nevada taxpayers), but the roads with HOV lanes were at least partially paid for with federal funds, which come mostly from the 49 other states in the Union. Isn't maintaining HOV lanes on federally funded roads as per federal regulations NDOT's way of serving the taxpayers of the 49 other states, especially since they help minimize pollution by reducing the numbers of cars on the road?

What's hilarious to me is that these same commenters would get apoplectic if their state taxes were increased to compensate for any federal road funds lost from not abiding by federal regulations like HOV lanes. It seems eerily similar to how Michelle Bachmann demonizes the EPA and the sends numerous letters and emails to the EPA requesting grant money for her state. These people want the federal money, they just don't want to abide by federal rules and give credit to the federal government for improving their lives.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Of course. They want that money for useful, valuable projects that will benefit their states, it'd be fine if it weren't for the way everyone else is using it for bullshit.

Bruce Leroy
Jun 10, 2010

TetsuoTW posted:

Of course. They want that money for useful, valuable projects that will benefit their states, it'd be fine if it weren't for the way everyone else is using it for bullshit.

Isn't that just like all those Republican governors who wanted to look all tough and staunchly conservative by denouncing and demonizing Obama's stimulus program, but then they took the money anyway and claimed credit for bringing the extra funds to their states?

E.g. Bobby Jindal

When you get to the point where you are taking credit for giant novelty checks paid for by a program you've publicly denounced, you're past the point of being shamelessly obtuse and well into the realm of cartoon character idiocy and ignorance.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Craptacular! posted:

Literally a Kelly.

JohnClark
Mar 24, 2005

Well that's less than ideal

Bubbacub posted:

Literally a Kelly.

terrible comic

Goddamn, he hits nearly all the conservative tropes relating to environmentalism/the left. Smelly hippies, burning flags, "hate freedom" (literally), crying statue of liberty, welfare queens. He missed a couple easy ones though, he should make the car a hybrid or a volt/leaf, and have one of the passengers lighting up a bong.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

JohnClark posted:

Goddamn, he hits nearly all the conservative tropes relating to environmentalism/the left. Smelly hippies, burning flags, "hate freedom" (literally), crying statue of liberty, welfare queens. He missed a couple easy ones though, he should make the car a hybrid or a volt/leaf, and have one of the passengers lighting up a bong.

I really hope you wrote "terrible comic" ironically there.

Elim Garak
Aug 5, 2010

JohnClark posted:

That's the weekly (usually) editorial cartoon from The Onion. That's the style, the crying Statue of Liberty being a particularly repeated image in the cartoons, although she doesn't seem to appear in the last few.

edit: The cartoons also have a huge thing for Star Trek, which I just love. This is far from the only Star Trek themed cartoon:

Elim Garak fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Nov 8, 2011

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Elim Garak posted:

That's the weekly (usually) editorial cartoon from The Onion. That's the style, the crying Statue of Liberty being a particularly repeated image in the cartoons, although she doesn't seem to appear in the last few.

I seriously did not realize that. drat you, Poe!

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Yeah you name the conservative conspiracy theory and the Onion has it covered.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Install Gentoo posted:

Yeah you name the conservative conspiracy theory and the Onion has it covered.

The underlined "as promised" is awesome.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

fed_dude posted:

Wait, are you saying that the New York Times reports these things in its news section as objective facts? Or are you saying that the Times periodically runs editorials that make this point, or are you saying that the Times allows authors on its comments page to say these things? More importantly, can you link to some of the best / most prominent examples of this phenomena?

I ask because as a non-American I am literally mystified at the obsession that American conservatives have with the New York Times. I don't think any other industrialized country in the world would consider the New York Times a particularly left wing newspaper, especially not with Thomas Friedman and David Brookes as regular commentators.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

JohnClark posted:

And this is why Kelly loving owns and is the only bright spot amongst a seething pit of xenophobia, ignorance, hatred, and low professional standards in the Political Cartoon Thread.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Helsing posted:

I don't think any other industrialized country in the world would consider the New York Times a particularly left wing newspaper, especially not with Thomas Friedman and David Brookes as regular commentators.

The right has spent the last two decades defining, redefining, and perverting what "left wing" means in the U.S.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Left wing means "anything I don't personally agree with at this moment". Synonyms include: socialism, fascism, communism, Hitler, Stalin, Muslim, Islam, homosexual, political correctness, fairness.

Elim Garak
Aug 5, 2010

Helsing posted:

I ask because as a non-American I am literally mystified at the obsession that American conservatives have with the New York Times. I don't think any other industrialized country in the world would consider the New York Times a particularly left wing newspaper, especially not with Thomas Friedman and David Brookes as regular commentators.

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

The right has spent the last two decades defining, redefining, and perverting what "left wing" means in the U.S.

And this redefining has gone so far as to define Friedman as a liberal hero of the american left:

Free Republic posted:

To: Zeppo

Well, to summarize, Friedman makes liberals comfortable with their own anti-semitism.

8 posted on Thursday, November 03, 2011 2:19:14 PM by gman992 ("I'm a conservative. I'm just a happy conservative.")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Free Republic posted:

To: Nachum

Thomas Friedman should just ask Pelosi and Alice Travis Germond-Sec. of the DNC about the falsified Documents of Certification.
THEY know. Go ahead, “Fried”-man.....ASK.

The democrats OWN this fraud. It’ll be the end of them.

33 posted on Sunday, August 21, 2011 5:43:53 PM by Mortrey (Impeach President Soros)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Free Republic posted:

To: Nachum

Obviously, you read the whole article. The other posters haven’t.

Friedman is unhappy because Obama is going on vacation instead fighting for his leftist agenda. Friedman thinks that Obama didn’t go far enough, didn’t spend enough money and isn’t supporting educational research.

46 posted on Sunday, August 21, 2011 6:25:05 PM by Eva
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

et cetera, et cetera, et cetera

JohnClark
Mar 24, 2005

Well that's less than ideal

VideoTapir posted:

I seriously did not realize that. drat you, Poe!
Same, I was taken in by the onion, a shame I shall never live down :(
Glad to get turned on to this guy though, his stuff is great.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Kelly is far too self aware to be real.

Bruce Leroy
Jun 10, 2010

katlington posted:

Kelly is far too self aware to be real.

Is the little guy at the bottom of each comic Kelly's personal caricature?

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Bruce Leroy posted:

Is the little guy at the bottom of each comic Kelly's personal caricature?

Yes, Kelly is a fictional character mocking how a lot of cartoonists add someone in the bottom for "reinforced_talking_point". The Kelly Cartoons are drawn by Ward Sutton, and they're the most controversial part of the Onion as people actually think they're real or serious, even if they're in the print editions of The Onion.

Here, have a laugh and cry when you realize that these are actual opinions to some or have been made into cartoons.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The little guy in the corner is a nod to Tom Toles, who always does the same thing. Except Toles draws people as squat, fat, cylindrical-legged people; usually with a puffy face and beady eyes.

I like Toles, but he is almost as heavy handed and derivative of himself at times:

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
Pat Oliphant does this too.

Bruce Leroy
Jun 10, 2010

Neptr posted:

To make that comic more realistic, Herman Cain needs to refer to himself in the third person or call himself "Black Walnut."

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
You guys should get on the terrible bullshit that is trickling out from the Penn State Sex Scandal. I was reading overnight and oh my dear lord.

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2011/11/09/dont_point_your_finger_at_joepa.aspx

JoePa had a person report a sexual assault involving a minor on campus, and he told one person (the Athletic Director), didn't call the police, and never followed up.

Don't point the finger at him. No sir.

There's piles of this already, and it's just starting.

Have fun. And prepare to be sick to your stomach if you're not hip to this already. It's terrible.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Neptr posted:

Oh that drawing of Cain makes me all kinds of uncomfortable

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
He has been consistent in drawing Cain as a clown for a while. Oliphant always gets vaguely racist when a black person happens to be conservative: his characterization of Condi Rice as a bird with huge lips and buck teeth was frequently attacked during the past administration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruce Leroy
Jun 10, 2010

cucka posted:

You guys should get on the terrible bullshit that is trickling out from the Penn State Sex Scandal. I was reading overnight and oh my dear lord.

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2011/11/09/dont_point_your_finger_at_joepa.aspx

JoePa had a person report a sexual assault involving a minor on campus, and he told one person (the Athletic Director), didn't call the police, and never followed up.

Don't point the finger at him. No sir.

There's piles of this already, and it's just starting.

Have fun. And prepare to be sick to your stomach if you're not hip to this already. It's terrible.

It's pretty sickening to see all these Penn State fans trying to absolve Paterno of responsibility because he told the athletic director once about the allegations. As if simply mentioning to your boss that there was a child rape perpetrated by one of your closest former employees in your work facilities is sufficient to fulfill your legal, ethical, and moral obligations. Are these people so blinded by their love of Penn State football that they don't think Paterno had a responsibility to at the very least follow up on the incident or, better yet, actually go to the police with the graduate student who witnessed the crime?

• Locked thread