Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Nicolae Carpathia posted:

What Achewood reference?

This one, dogg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

FewtureMD posted:

I discovered this comic when Zorak talked about it in the MSPA thread. I thought " oh why not" and clicked the link. 10 hours later, after shotgunning the entire archives, I sent everyone I thought would be remotely interested to this page: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=611. I love me some laser cows.

Add another one to that pile. I was actually sort of put off by the angular art at first, and how I sort of perceived the story as having no direction. Then I kept reading, and holy poo poo. No direction my rear end, I just had no idea how it was going to happen at the time. This is a good comic.

Thanks for linking it Zorak, and thank you Tea-san for making this.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
God, I never noticed the additional "eyes" on Coyote. For reference, chapter 20, Coyote Stories.

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about
Steaming Early-onset Accessperger's

Free Logical Fallacies only in 2014!
Do not listen to a thing I say.

Really Pants posted:

This one, dogg

Something I never noticed about this page is the ring of toy soldiers facing outwards around her, almost as if they were protecting her or something. Kind of a cute little detail.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Glad I got more of you to read it!

For myself, I started reading it after it was linked, like many good webcomics, in the old PHIZ webcomics thread before it totally went rabid and I had to put her down. Can't remember precisely where I jumped in, been far too long.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

CREAK

With badassery like that I don't rate the psycho rage ghost of hate's chances very highly.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Really Pants posted:

This one, dogg

Oh wow, a couple of comics onward :
Check Tom's comment on this one

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Parley apparently feels some gratitude towards Jeanne for bringing her and Smitty together. That's just hilarious to me.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Maybe they should consider less confrontational options, like throwing a mobile phone down the gorge.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

It's gona be super sad when Parley sacrifices herself to buy the others time to undo whatever magic is holding Jeanne there.

cloudy music
Aug 23, 2008
I discovered this comic via ChibiSoma's custom title (which, unfortunately, he has since replaced with a far less humorous one)
If it weren't for an insane, denture-wearing, 30-year-old shut-in raging over the apparent lack of lesbianism amongst non-ghouls, I wouldn't be reading this wonderful story.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
I can't even remember when I started reading Gunnerkrigg Court. :psyduck:

Training your creepy robot on your best fencer doesn't seem like a terribly smart plan, although I guess they won't realize that until it's too late.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
I'm reasonably sure I started reading from the very start, so I'm pretty jealous of everyone who got to marathon any amount of pages greater than "one" :v:

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

FronzelNeekburm posted:

I can't even remember when I started reading Gunnerkrigg Court. :psyduck:

Training your creepy robot on your best fencer doesn't seem like a terribly smart plan, although I guess they won't realize that until it's too late.

They probably still think that Robot is the nice slightly reserved guy he used to be, instead of the creepy obsessed with Kat dude he is now.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Is there an RSS feed for Gunnerkrigg? Can't seem to find one on the site and I'd hate to miss an update.

Edit: Yep, on the main page, helpfully called "rss?".

ephphatha fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Nov 7, 2011

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

cloudy music posted:

I discovered this comic via ChibiSoma's custom title (which, unfortunately, he has since replaced with a far less humorous one)
I should probably rebuy that someday.

Here's the image if someone else wants to do the honors:

Tea-san
Nov 6, 2003

I've been reading this thing way longer than any of you clowns.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Tea-san posted:

Prove it.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Tea-san posted:

Pffft, who's this guy? :rolleye:

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Tea-san posted:

Everybody's gotta be a big man on the internet. :rolleyes:

I am ridiculously excited about Parley vs. Jeanne, round 2. Of all the mysteries of the Court, what happened to Jeanne is my favorite.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Fighting Trousers posted:

I am ridiculously excited about Parley vs. Jeanne, round 2. Of all the mysteries of the Court, what happened to Jeanne is my favorite.

Watch, it's going to turn out like the end of The Ring.

"You helped her?"

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Fuego Fish posted:

Pffft, who's this guy? :rolleye:

That's Eglamore, dude.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Is he...is he a robot? :ohdear:

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Random thought that occurred to me today:

Is it possible that whatever the hell Jones is, Annie's dad is something similar?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Benagain posted:

Is it possible that whatever the hell Jones is, Annie's dad is something similar?

The Forest knows about Anthony Carver, but they consider him a normal guy as I assume from the context when he's mentioned. I don't think he's a Wandering Eye, whatever that is. He's just a bit of an emotionless douche.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
uhhh guys jones is an eye of coyote that fell off and became an entity of its own, i thought this was already established and confirmed in eglamore's latest appearance

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I don't understand. How can this monster, this dreadful creature roam our streets, walk through our towns?

bigbigtruck
Feb 7, 2011

rattlesnake caught in a wheel well, strawberry in an ostrich throat

cloudy music posted:

If it weren't for an insane, denture-wearing, 30-year-old shut-in raging over the apparent lack of lesbianism amongst non-ghouls, I wouldn't be reading this wonderful story.

I, too, finally started reading due to an internet stranger throwing a hilarious shitfit over an ongoing story. I was a little ill at the time, so was able to get sucked in and tear through 700+ pages over two days. I think "enthralled" isn't too strong a word.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

cloudy music posted:

Wait, what? :psyduck:

I discovered this comic when the same friend who got me into Homestuck last year recommended it to me. I didn't hesitate to check it out after his other recs. I started reading late on a Saturday night before bed, just to see what it was like. Before I knew it I had spent about 4 hours and got half way through the archive. I finished the next day and was caught up right around when Bud was first shown in that bucket (so pretty recently).

I'm still convinced Coyote is the best character in the whole series, and one of the most entertaining characters I've read, period, in recent memory.

Buff Skeleton fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Nov 8, 2011

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Agreed, Coyote is hilarious. I'm impressed with how well the author has mixed multiple different mythologies into one coherent narrative.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I decided to give this comic a shot the other day after half-remembering that goons liked it. Holy poo poo, it owns. I started at the beginning and am now all caught up and I need more. Make it go faster.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Talorat posted:

Agreed, Coyote is hilarious. I'm impressed with how well the author has mixed multiple different mythologies into one coherent narrative.

My favourite bit of Coyote is when he is first introduced. Hahaha I just can't get enough of that page. Coyote :allears:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

killerwhat posted:

My favourite bit of Coyote is when he is first introduced. Hahaha I just can't get enough of that page. Coyote :allears:

The pages where you see Coyote's true self are amazingly mesmerizing.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Saoshyant posted:

I don't understand. How can this monster, this dreadful creature roam our streets, walk through our towns?

That is the most terrible cosplay ever.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Hey, Tea-San, I don't know if you do your own HTML coding or get someone else to do it, but can you have a poke at your RSS feed?

Monday, November 07, 2011 12:13 PM
Friday, November 04, 2011 11:09 PM
Wednesday, November 02, 2011 9:12 PM

As you can see, sometimes it isn't updating until almost a full day after you put the comic on the site.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Nov 9, 2011

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

killerwhat posted:

Ok, so reading forward from there... what if Kat made a tank? What then, Tom?

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

killerwhat posted:

I love how elegant serious he looks in that last panel.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
That fifth panel will always be one of my most favorite drawings in the entire comic.

Coyote is the best.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I'm getting an Ezio Auditore vibe from Robot there :stare: Must be the hoodie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Fanservice without a single inch of skin :allears:

Parley should keep in mind that Jeanne uses an actual sword and not just a fencing foil! The first parry in particular wouldn't be a good idea against a blade, I imagine...