Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the night dad
Oct 23, 2006

by XyloJW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Finishing up my trolly pvp build for chameleon/force antics!

https://www.twitch.tv/waspinat0r

Fenom
Mar 23, 2007
I had the best pvp match-up last night the guy obviously outgeared me but I managed to dodge roll all of his spells while casting my own and poking him with my sword for like 20 damage a hit after about 5 minutes of back and forth he went to cast another homing crystal soulmass and I hit him full force with a soul spear and smoked him. It was amazingly awesome, gotta give it to the guy though when he initially came at me he had ring of fog on and when he noticed I didn't have one he took it off to make things more fair.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

No homo posted:

This is the best thing I've seen.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Please put this in the opening! That is so awesome!

I also love the sun glare above him too.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Oh my god, the Sun Crest...

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Penny_Dreadful posted:

Oh my god, the Sun Crest...

So grossly incandescent...

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Oh my god Ceaseless Discharge.

He keeps shooting fire at me through solid rock, and standing in the open is even worse!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I dunno, parrying in pvp does seem pretty wonky, but whenever it connects, godDAMN does it feel good, especially with the hornet ring. On a similar note, there is no better catharsis than equipping the dark hand and riposting some of the starting mobs in the 'burg. Hands down fist weapons have the best riposte animation.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

No homo posted:

太陽万歳!!

edit: google translate translate it as "million years the sun". Really, google translate? You don't know what "banzai" means?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Put that in the OP right now.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
You can only get invaded in the forest if you haven't killed Sif, right?

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

No homo posted:

If only I could be so grossly incandescent...

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
this seriously needs to be in the OP... and maybe a Smug Sun smiley.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Elysiume posted:

You can only get invaded in the forest if you haven't killed Sif, right?

I'm pretty sure I've been forest invaded after killing him

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
yaranaika, sunbro? I didn't have you figured as that sort of guy...

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Drox posted:

yaranaika, sunbro? I didn't have you figured as that sort of guy...
His logo in the game looks almost exactly like that, doesn't it? It's definitely a face with some weird expression on it. I guess he drew it himself...

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Requested_Username posted:

I'm pretty sure I've been forest invaded after killing him

No he has to be alive. Same with Dark Anor Londo and Gwyndolin.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

NG+ is pretty tough, I've had to start using a shield on my dragon dude. It's kind of annoying that some of the earlier enemies are tougher to beat naked than later poo poo just purely because of their attack patterns and the tighter spaces they're in.

invalid
Aug 1, 2005

by I Ozma Myself
So is my faith build with 40 faith, 40 endurance, 35 vitality along with an occult sword +5 still going to suck after the patch?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

invalid posted:

So is my faith build with 40 faith, 40 endurance, 35 vitality along with an occult sword +5 still going to suck after the patch?

Its probably going to make it better. The patch is supposed to make players use weapons other than lightning weapons, among other things.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

SgtSteel91 posted:

Its probably going to make it better. The patch is supposed to make players use weapons other than lightning weapons, among other things.
From what I've heard, it's barely going to work, but 40 faith and occult might be able to compete with lightning.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Just finished a three-way PVP battle between I assume a darkwraith and a forest hunter dude. The darkwraith killed the forest hunter while I threw great chaos fireballs at them, then rolled off a cliff and sent me a message that said "fool". Chalkin that one up as a win.

ed: Oh, I guess the darkwraith was trying to help me or something?? Every man for himself.

invalid
Aug 1, 2005

by I Ozma Myself

Elysiume posted:

From what I've heard, it's barely going to work, but 40 faith and occult might be able to compete with lightning.

I'm not really so concerned with lightning, it just seems my guy packs no punch. I might take a different weapon to +5 occult other than the claymore but not sure what or if.

Woozey
Feb 20, 2011

RIGHT NOW MY POTENTIAL IS LITERALLY THAT OF A WORM
As a regular Forest Hunter, can confirm I've been summoned on at least one occasion where the guy had already killed sif, even wandered around in sifs arena looking for him. found him in the end on the bridge near the ladder you come up from when you take the hydra route.

neetz
Mar 28, 2010
Six dragon duels on that little bit of Anor Londo bridge after the first elevator. Not the prime spot for it, I'm sure, but I prefer it massively to invading. It's a prettier spot than the Kiln too! So, if any PS3 players around 50 should find a sign there, please summon me for a good old fashioned scrap.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Watching Waspinat0r's stream I'm noticing these white rings. What are they for?

Woozey
Feb 20, 2011

RIGHT NOW MY POTENTIAL IS LITERALLY THAT OF A WORM
miricle resonance or something. Someone in the lobby cast a miricle, presumably one wasp has attuned, and if he casts it in the same spot it ups the power of the miricle. Never pulled it off, but then I rarely run with miricles much

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Hey, guys. Gwyn's Great Lord armor set is absolutely not recommended equipment for NG+++. But, oh well, I guess I'll soldier on and be repeatedly one-shot until I win!

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

I was testing how to be sneaky in terms of sound and this is what I found.

All that matters is your chest piece. Basically, if it weighs 6 lbs. or more you're loud. Anything less and you're quiet.

There's only the two extremes, no range or anything. I was in full Havel's with hard leather chest piece and it treated me the same as any of the other light sets.

Same thing the other way around. I was wearing just the chain mail chest piece and it treated me the same as any of the heavier sets.

I know this part of the mechanics doesn't really matter, but I thought it was interesting.

invalid
Aug 1, 2005

by I Ozma Myself
So the Ring of Fog and whatever that no sound making one is called means you're going to be running around skipping and backstabbing like a fool?

I like this

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

invalid posted:

So the Ring of Fog and whatever that no sound making one is called means you're going to be running around skipping and backstabbing like a fool?

I like this

Ring of fog doesn't make you completely invisible to enemies. They just can't see you until you get rather close. It's supposed to stack with the hidden body spell, but I haven't tried it myself.

Either the slumbering dragoncrest ring or the hush spell will completely stop all sound you make though.

StringOfLetters
Apr 2, 2007
What?
All that matters for sound is the chest piece, but it's not exactly a matter of weight. Things with big plates, from a hollow soldier's breastplate up to havel's torso slab, make a big clank with every step.

Mail (like, chainmail) makes a gentler but still audible clinking. There aren't very many in this category, I think just chainmail, eastern chest armor, chest of the channelers, paladin's dress, and hollow warrior armor. The paladin armor is heavier than some heavy-sounding armor, go figure.

Leather (plain, black, or hollow-rogue) armor makes kind of a... leather-stretching sound. With cloth there's only a quiet swooshing, and when you're shirtless, it's just your soft footsteps. As a phantom of any color, your footsteps are silent no matter what.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

BigLeafyTree posted:

Ring of fog doesn't make you completely invisible to enemies. They just can't see you until you get rather close. It's supposed to stack with the hidden body spell, but I haven't tried it myself.

Either the slumbering dragoncrest ring or the hush spell will completely stop all sound you make though.

Ring of Fog and Conceal do stack, though, making you effectively invisible.

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Everyone talks about how easy Nito is but he killed me a couple of times post patch- maybe he gets a buff? Did his room always have giant skeletons, because when I tried to keep away from his AoE a giant skeleton anally raped me. Also his AoE did pretty drat good damage even shielded from a stone giant shield, and so did his sword through the ground move. His slashes were underwhelming but he usually seemed to want to do the AoE, and I felt I couldn't really run from it because there were at least 3 giant skellies lurking. His big weakness I think was just that he didn't have enough HP- I got him in like 12~ smacks on my strength build, but he still made me use all 5 of my estus. I think if he had like, double health, he would be a really hard and interesting fight- not too threatening on his own, but chips away at you unless you clear the room.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
He always has the giant Skellies, but they're in the back of the room and wont aggro unless you run over there. If you dodge his attacks and wait for him to come to you, he's easy.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

A Spider posted:

Gwyn is actually said to be fairly easy due to the fact you can riposte him. He's easily dispatched with a few hits with a big 2hander of your choice. The main thing to watch out is the grab, but if you're swift enough(or use Iron Flesh) the damage is avoidable/negligible.

If you're not using ripostes or iron flesh he is the hardest fight ever.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Woozey posted:

As a regular Forest Hunter, can confirm I've been summoned on at least one occasion where the guy had already killed sif, even wandered around in sifs arena looking for him. found him in the end on the bridge near the ladder you come up from when you take the hydra route.

I think that was just a case where they had opened the door but not triggered the first battle with Sif. There will be no fog door and the boss only triggers when you approach the grave.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

I just said 6 for simplicity.

There's two categories, heavy or light. Chain mail is the lightest of the heavy pieces and that's 6.

There's no light armor pieces weighing more than 6, since then they wouldn't be light armor.

edit: I think I was unclear in my post before. I was talking about what range enemies would detect you from. Not the sound you hear.

BigLeafyTree fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Nov 9, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice

Bobnumerotres posted:

If you're not using ripostes or iron flesh he is the hardest fight ever.
Not really. I never parry and have never actually used iron flesh on my 100% melee character (well, I have pyromancy and some sorceries as I'm 3 playthroughs in with this character, but I don't really use them). I block his attacks, wait for him to finish a combo, kick, or grab, and then hit him once or twice with my Black Knight Greataxe. Generally slow going, but I've only died to him once.

• Locked thread