Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

SheepNameKiller posted:

This is a bug due to you having a custom race mod installed.

Go into your fallout_default.ini located in your new vegas folder as well as your fallout.ini in your my documents/my games/fallout nv folder and ensure that bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles is set to 1. It should read like this:

[General]
bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1

This will make faces display properly again.

I checked in both files and bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles is already set to 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It isn't a mod problem, that has always been a problem with the "black people skin color" hues, mainly in the character creation. I am pretty sure it was a problem with Fallout 3 too. There are only a few colors that look actually black.

edit: Now that I look at it a little deeper, it might be a mod problem making it worse. No idea what it could be though.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

CJacobs posted:

It isn't a mod problem, that has always been a problem with the "black people skin color" hues, mainly in the character creation. I am pretty sure it was a problem with Fallout 3 too. There are only a few colors that look actually black.

edit: Now that I look at it a little deeper, it might be a mod problem making it worse. No idea what it could be though.

Unfortunately, I think it is just the result of horrible textures. There is something seriously wrong if you have green-tinged lips. I blame the radiation.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Bloody Pom posted:

Unfortunately, I think it is just the result of horrible textures. There is something seriously wrong if you have green-tinged lips. I blame the radiation.

You're right, it probably is a texture or facegen or something problem but here's an example of the kind of thing I was talking about :

It took me like three playthroughs before I realized Old Ben was supposed to be black, because of the random whiteness that encompasses his face when you talk to him. This happens to a lot of black NPCs you can talk to and I have no idea why. He's just, like, caramel colored. or mocha. Or some other metrosexual-sounding term for skin color.

It's even worse when they're darker. Maybe it's the color filter New Vegas puts over the screen? I don't think he looks any better with Fellout.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

CJacobs posted:

You're right, it probably is a texture or facegen or something problem but here's an example of the kind of thing I was talking about :

It took me like three playthroughs before I realized Old Ben was supposed to be black, because of the random whiteness that encompasses his face when you talk to him. This happens to a lot of black NPCs you can talk to and I have no idea why. He's just, like, caramel colored. or mocha. Or some other metrosexual-sounding term for skin color.

It's even worse when they're darker. Maybe it's the color filter New Vegas puts over the screen? I don't think he looks any better with Fellout.

It might have something to do with the screenspace filters, but it more likely has to do with the fact that this game (and Fallout 3) have trouble rendering believable skin tones for black people in general. Just tell yourself that this is the result of centuries of different races loving each other.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

It might have something to do with the screenspace filters, but it more likely has to do with the fact that this game (and Fallout 3) have trouble rendering believable skin tones for black people in general. Just tell yourself that this is the result of centuries of different races loving each other.

To say nothing of all the Nuka-Cola and junk food. That can't be good for your complexion.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I'm pretty sure this is just because of skintone settings for beard-lip etc. having negative values.

hairrorist
Mar 29, 2011
I agree. Its about drat time someone makes a blackface mod.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Okay, I'm trying to use that underground hideout, but the game crashes on start-up.

FalloutNV.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
More Perks.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
The.Armory.esm
Lings.esm
OldGhoulEye.esp
OldGhoulEye-NoHeadbandSlotForHeadgear.esp
OldGhoulEye-ProjectNevada.esp
UHNV.esp
MojaveExtended100.esp
UHNV-Honest Hearts.esp
UHNV-OWB.esp
UHNV-Lonesome Road.esp
UHNV-Bobblehunt.esp
UHNV-Chems.esp
UHNV-More Mannequins.esp
UHNV-Brighter Lighting.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
More Perks Update.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
SignatureArmor.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
SignatureWeapons.esp
Ephemeral Ash and Goo Piles.esp
Easy Unlocking and Easy Hacking.esp
LingsPrettyThings.esp
Lombard Station - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
Lombard Station - Lonesome Road.esp
Lombard Station - Honest Hearts.esp
Lombard Station - Old World Blues.esp
Lombard Station.esp

Total active plugins: 37
Total plugins: 37

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur
I keep forgetting to mention it, but for whatever reason I can pretty much play for all of fifteen to twenty minutes before getting a CTD lately and I can't figure out why. Here's my load order.

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
ClassicPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
CFWNV.esm
SCAV.esm
FNVToolkit.esm
IWS-Core.esm
CompanionInfAmmo.esm
Max Level 75.esp
Centered 3rd Person Camera - Unraised.esp
BetterGamePerformanceV4.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
SecretStash80.esp
MojaveExtended100.esp
FreeplayafterMQNVv1_6.esp
GrimySuitM+DirtySuitF.esp
ArmourRepairKits.esp
EMR-StealthSuitMkII.esp
OWB Valence Extra.esp
OWB Moddable FIDO.esp
OWB More Vendor Caps.esp
OWB Companion Teleport.esp
Sink Vending Machine.esp
Honest Hearts Transportalponder.esp
Sierra Madre Transportalponder.esp
Lonesome Road Riot Gear Helmet Fix.esp
GrenadeHotkey.esp
GrenadeHotkey - DeadMoney.esp
DynamicNightVision.esp
Companion Sandbox Mode.esp
ExplorerExtended.esp
Light My Flare.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques-Dead Money.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques-Honest Hearts.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques-Old World Blues.esp
w44Satchels - Full.esp
LexFONVclothingI.esp
LexFONVclothingIPonchos.esp
SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp
OFT_Merge_All.esp
Nevada Skies - URWLHH.esp
IWS-Core-Civilians.esp
IWS-Core-Guards.esp
IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
IWS-DM.esp
IWS-HH.esp
IWS-OWB.esp
IWS-LR.esp

Total active plugins: 57
Total plugins: 66

It's probably configured stupidly because I have no idea how to organize these things.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

It's actually an issue with the FaceGen system itself - Dark Souls and Demon's Souls use the same system (which is licensed from a third party by both From and Bethesda) and have the exact same issues with wonky skin tones around the eyes and mouth. It has to do with how it handles things like facial hair (which is why the beard area is always the worst offender) and makeup (eyeshadow/blush) by just darkening or lightening those areas regardless of the actual skin tone of the person, so to get a match you can't actually just set the sliders to the middle, you have to try to guess which slider setting will give you a tone that actually matches the skin tone of your character. Assuming such a setting actually exists.

This is made even more difficult by the fact that the lighting in the character generation window doesn't match the lighting of the game world, so colours never look the same same after you finish.

It bugs the crap out of me too because even with generally light skin tones, you STILL get that same discolouration around the mouth that makes it look like they've got some kind of reverse goatee. Long story short: No, there aren't really any mods that will remedy this problem entirely, though some mods give you different facial textures which make it much less noticeable (This one is not bad, but female only) - but of course using those makes the neck seam a lot more apparent since it won't match the body texture.

Also I always thought Old Ben was supposed to be Hispanic from his skin tone. I never would have guessed that he's black without having it pointed out to me.

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Nov 9, 2011

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

The Cheshire Cat posted:

This is made even more difficult by the fact that the lighting in the character generation window doesn't match the lighting of the game world, so colours never look the same same after you finish.
This is what bugs me the most. Getting even face tones on a character is such a loving tedious trial-and-error process because you're never really sure how the color will look once you're actually in-game. Everything might look fine in the race menu, but as soon as you're out and get a good look in third-person, you still end up with weird lighter or darker patches of skin. The spots on either side of the mouth are by far the biggest offenders for me. It literally took me an hour of fiddling with tone values to get those areas to match the rest of my current character's face.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Naky posted:

Finished updating the online database of weapons in The Armory with attachments for 2.5.

Please post an update when it's downloadable. I love your mod and can't wait for the update :)

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Horns posted:

It has been asked, I think I might have been the last one to ask it in fact! :buddy:

The Armory should work fine with WMX. Never used it with WME, but I imagine there wouldn't be any problems there either since they do virtually the same thing. AFAIK The Armory doesn't mess with any values WMX changes and vice versa, so there shouldn't be any conflicts.

Naky posted:

We don't touch stock weapons so it should be compatible.
Awesome, thanks. I'll install it once 2.5 is out then, and make it known if I run into any issues that seem to be due to incompatibility.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Chinese Tony Danza posted:

I keep forgetting to mention it, but for whatever reason I can pretty much play for all of fifteen to twenty minutes before getting a CTD lately and I can't figure out why. Here's my load order.

It's probably configured stupidly because I have no idea how to organize these things.

I just answered a similar problem in the FO3 modding thread. More often than not, a consistent CTD every 15-30 minutes is indicative of hitting your RAM ceiling. I think NV uses a maximum of ~1.8 GB of RAM by default, and by using mods like IWS and high-resolution texture packs, you can consistently hit this ceiling in a relatively short period of time. Are you using a 4GB LAA executable like the one linked in the OP?

The Cheshire Cat posted:

It's actually an issue with the FaceGen system itself - Dark Souls and Demon's Souls use the same system (which is licensed from a third party by both From and Bethesda) and have the exact same issues with wonky skin tones around the eyes and mouth. It has to do with how it handles things like facial hair (which is why the beard area is always the worst offender) and makeup (eyeshadow/blush) by just darkening or lightening those areas regardless of the actual skin tone of the person, so to get a match you can't actually just set the sliders to the middle, you have to try to guess which slider setting will give you a tone that actually matches the skin tone of your character. Assuming such a setting actually exists.

It bugs the crap out of me too because even with generally light skin tones, you STILL get that same discolouration around the mouth that makes it look like they've got some kind of reverse goatee. Long story short: No, there aren't really any mods that will remedy this problem entirely, though some mods give you different facial textures which make it much less noticeable (This one is not bad, but female only) - but of course using those makes the neck seam a lot more apparent since it won't match the body texture.

Also I always thought Old Ben was supposed to be Hispanic from his skin tone. I never would have guessed that he's black without having it pointed out to me.

This is pretty interesting; I didn't know about Demon Souls and Dark Souls. I seem to recall a rumor / joke / factoid that the purplish tinge from trying to make a convincingly dark-skinned character was written off as "Hydra / Fixer abuse."

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

This is pretty interesting; I didn't know about Demon Souls and Dark Souls. I seem to recall a rumor / joke / factoid that the purplish tinge from trying to make a convincingly dark-skinned character was written off as "Hydra / Fixer abuse."

Yeah I noticed "Uses FaceGen®" in the Souls games credits and went "I KNEW it", because customizing the faces has all the same quirks as in the Fallout games, where the sliders all shift when you change one of them and the skin tone gets all wonky around the mouth.

Another funny thing about FaceGen; if you play around with the race editor in GECK (specifically setting the default face), you get some hilariously racist caricatures by setting a single genotype all the way to the max value.

SlightlyMadman
Jan 14, 2005

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Another funny thing about FaceGen; if you play around with the race editor in GECK (specifically setting the default face), you get some hilariously racist caricatures by setting a single genotype all the way to the max value.

You need to post screenshots of this.

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I just answered a similar problem in the FO3 modding thread. More often than not, a consistent CTD every 15-30 minutes is indicative of hitting your RAM ceiling. I think NV uses a maximum of ~1.8 GB of RAM by default, and by using mods like IWS and high-resolution texture packs, you can consistently hit this ceiling in a relatively short period of time. Are you using a 4GB LAA executable like the one linked in the OP?

Well poo poo. My computer is a piece of crap and literally only has 2 gigs of RAM. I guess this means my only option is to cut down on some of the mods I've got running.

hairrorist
Mar 29, 2011
Try Poco Bueno. Its almost as nice as Ojo or NMC but drastically less resource-intensive.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Chinese Tony Danza posted:

Well poo poo. My computer is a piece of crap and literally only has 2 gigs of RAM. I guess this means my only option is to cut down on some of the mods I've got running.

My advice is to start selling blowjobs behind the 7-11 until you raise the $35 to buy 6GB of RAM.

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur

Male Man posted:

My advice is to start selling blowjobs behind the 7-11 until you raise the $35 to buy 6GB of RAM.

I can afford the RAM, but the problem is this computer can't have more than 2 gigs of RAM in it. That is, of course, unless the thing I used to determine that was full of poo poo, in which case I will gladly upgrade my RAM.

hairrorist
Mar 29, 2011
What kind of motherboard do you have?

Only -really- old motherboards would only support 2gb RAM.

Arthur D Wolfe
Sep 26, 2007

"Holy shit you are a
loathsome jerk, Arthur.
"

hairrorist posted:

He might be using a laptop, they tend to be pretty limited in their memory choices.

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur

hairrorist posted:

According to Speccy, I have a MSI 0A48 (Socket 775). It says the BIOS version on it is from August of 2006, so it's actually not as old as I thought it was. However, still five years out of date. Does this mean I probably really am stuck with 2 gigs of RAM?

hairrorist
Mar 29, 2011
4GB is your limit then!

Specifically, you'll want 2GB of DDR2 5300 memory. The board supports 4GB but I dunno how many slots it has. It will be either 2 or 4 slots. If its 2, get one extra 2gb stick, if 4, 2x1gb. I'm guessing it will be four slots supporting 1gb each, but you should open it up and check.

hairrorist fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Nov 10, 2011

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:
With the aid of Ansith (who is trying to figure the GECK out and apparently has some idea what he's doing) and a friend who is a much better artist than I am, at some point in the not-too-distant future there will be a new rifle in New Vegas! In fact, it is a rifle that screamed "PUT ME IN FALLOUT" to me from the moment I first laid eyes on it!

I'm going to try and avoid it being overpowered, but I want it to be useful. I also want to keep it fairly true to the actual rifle, so it will have a pleasantly controllable rate of fire of around 550RPM (the values I saw listed ranged from 450 to 600) doing 20 DAM per shot for a base DPS of 182, which is kind of on the high side but still much lower than a lot of mod weapons I've seen (and kind of appropriate given the relative potency of .280 British). Hoping to get the actual .280 ammo in and have it be comparatively rare to balance out the gun's generally excellent performance, but I'm not sure what that involves and it may be beyond Ansith and I (in this case, I'll probably make it use .308 I guess). Will be somewhere between This Machine and the Service Rifle for accuracy (the EM-2 was effective to 800yd but obviously that's a bit silly in this game), weigh around 8lbs, wear out comparatively slowly (900HP? I'm just basing all this relative to the Service Rifle's stats on the wiki) to reflect the reliable and rugged design and will have a functional integrated optic. No plans for any other mods (maybe a bayonet just for cosmetics, dunno). Guns 20, 2 STR to use and 5 AP per shot in VATS (firing single shots there and full auto in normal FPS mode if possible, because I hate having to waste shots in VATS burst fire). Perks affect it the same way they'd affect the other military rifles I guess.

Please yell at me if any of this sounds dumb, overpowered or not doable, I have literally no idea how poo poo works here. I'm no stranger to modding but I haven't touched the GECK before and I'm just making these stats up as I go and it's 2:30AM here and oh god why am I still awake.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

rossmum posted:

I'm going to try and avoid it being overpowered, but I want it to be useful. I also want to keep it fairly true to the actual rifle, so it will have a pleasantly controllable rate of fire of around 550RPM (the values I saw listed ranged from 450 to 600) doing 20 DAM per shot for a base DPS of 182, which is kind of on the high side but still much lower than a lot of mod weapons I've seen (and kind of appropriate given the relative potency of .280 British). Hoping to get the actual .280 ammo in and have it be comparatively rare to balance out the gun's generally excellent performance, but I'm not sure what that involves and it may be beyond Ansith and I (in this case, I'll probably make it use .308 I guess). Will be somewhere between This Machine and the Service Rifle for accuracy (the EM-2 was effective to 800yd but obviously that's a bit silly in this game), weigh around 8lbs, wear out comparatively slowly (900HP? I'm just basing all this relative to the Service Rifle's stats on the wiki) to reflect the reliable and rugged design and will have a functional integrated optic. No plans for any other mods (maybe a bayonet just for cosmetics, dunno). Guns 20, 2 STR to use and 5 AP per shot in VATS (firing single shots there and full auto in normal FPS mode if possible, because I hate having to waste shots in VATS burst fire). Perks affect it the same way they'd affect the other military rifles I guess.

Please yell at me if any of this sounds dumb, overpowered or not doable, I have literally no idea how poo poo works here. I'm no stranger to modding but I haven't touched the GECK before and I'm just making these stats up as I go and it's 2:30AM here and oh god why am I still awake.

Guns 20, 2 STR, and 5 AP per shot is really low across the board. What you described sounds closer to a Guns 45 or 50 weapon (if you set this too high, I recall that some NPCs--like NCR Troopers--will be unable to use it because of insufficient skill.) The larger round should put it somewhere closer to a ~4 STR weapon (1 point above a 5mm Assault Carbine but 2 points below the .45 SMG and This Machine.) This also takes into consideration the fact that it can be fired fully-automatic. 2 STR weapons are really intended for small caliber pistols and semi-automatic junk rifles like the Service Rifle. One of the bigger problems is the 5 AP per shot. 5 AP per shot means that you can lock enemies down with 16 turns in VATS at *only* 5 AGL, which may be fine, but is pretty game-breaking for a weapon that does 20 DMG per shot.

Also, the weapon's health is high. Like, really high. Almost no weapons go over 600 HP. At 900 HP, you would almost never have to repair this weapon.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

I was kind of aiming for being able to put maybe a thousand rounds or so through it without it breaking, but now I look it over a fully repaired 750HP Assault Carbine will fire like 3.7k rounds before breaking so yeah that makes sense. I'll raise Guns and maybe STR too, I wanted to keep it pretty simple to use reflecting the real thing but yeah that does seem a bit low now I think about it. Guns 35 STR 3-4?

Finally, the AP. 10-15 per shot perhaps? I want to avoid it bursting in VATS as that more often than not translates into wasted ammo for me, and some weapons will straight up murder anything in two or three bursts with what seems to be an AP cost of 15-20 per burst. I'd still like to be able to queue up maybe 9-10 shots from full AP (to correspond with 3-4 bursts from other weapons), but I dunno if that's still not enough AP or what.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

The Cheshire Cat posted:

You should try popping your falloutnv prefs INI open, find the facegen section, and replace the 3.5s with 7s. Or 14s. Or 10000s. :v: Then do the same thing.

I once had a character whose face was so big that third person was inside it.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

rossmum posted:

I was kind of aiming for being able to put maybe a thousand rounds or so through it without it breaking, but now I look it over a fully repaired 750HP Assault Carbine will fire like 3.7k rounds before breaking so yeah that makes sense. I'll raise Guns and maybe STR too, I wanted to keep it pretty simple to use reflecting the real thing but yeah that does seem a bit low now I think about it. Guns 35 STR 3-4?

Finally, the AP. 10-15 per shot perhaps? I want to avoid it bursting in VATS as that more often than not translates into wasted ammo for me, and some weapons will straight up murder anything in two or three bursts with what seems to be an AP cost of 15-20 per burst. I'd still like to be able to queue up maybe 9-10 shots from full AP (to correspond with 3-4 bursts from other weapons), but I dunno if that's still not enough AP or what.

For the fire rate and damage you've suggested for the EM-2, it should fire 4-5 round bursts in VATS for a cost of 20-25 AP. It'll be very similar to the Assault Carbine, although with about 3/4 the rate of fire and 60% more damage (although it'll actually do less damage against targets with more than 10 DT).

Keeping burst fire in VATS for automatic weapons helps normalize its critical damage, thanks to the many idiosyncracies of the critical hit system that Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time.

Male Man fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Nov 13, 2011

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Well that's silly. :colbert: I guess that is probably the surest solution though, so it looks like I might just have to roll with that - or make the FA locked out like the Service Rifle, although that would pretty much defeat the purpose in the first place. Hmmm.

In other news, I'm stuck with Bounties II. I'm after the defector and while I've got him, I can't seem to satisfy the other objectives - I can't find a key to the bunker (including on his person) and when I pick up the letter about him on Aurelius' table, the objective marker is still there. Anyone run into this and know how to fix it? Never mind, used console to cheat the door open since there was no sign of any key in any sensible place.

rossmum fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Nov 13, 2011

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I had a mod idea, though I have no gaming pc to play New Vegas on right now.

There's an Oblivion mod called the Oblivion Graphics Extender that adds shader effects such as different forms of SSAO, Global Illumination, Dokeh DOF, sun shafts/god rays, etc.

It's open source and after a quick look through the source-code it looks like all that would need to be done is to change the internal references to the Oblivion Script Extender to the New Vegas Script Extender, compile the resulting dll's, and then someone familiar with the Oblivion engine could port the .esm file over to New Vegas (which I think just activates the script to read the different shaders through a file).

It would be pretty neat and a lot more expansive than New Vegas Enhanced Shaders which is simply an adapated ENB series file.

I'm willing to do the source code changes and then pass the rest on to someone else if people are interested and can't compile stuff themselves for whatever reason.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I'm almost entirely sure it sadly isn't that easy, because OBSE supplies the graphics extender of oblvion with some stuff NVSE doesn't deliver. Not saying it's impossible but I'm sure there needs to be some work done on NVSE too.

Also wow, this thread died with the release of Skyrim. Bethesda just should go to Obsidian, ask them to imagine a number and then write that number down on a contract to port NV to the Skyrim engine, together with new art assets and a bigger map. It'd be literally the best game.

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Nov 14, 2011

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Strange game-- the only winning move is not to play.
I'm still playing Vegas :) Trying to finish up my NCR run and then want to wipe my mod directory and start over with the Robot race listed in the OP and go for House.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
A good friend of mine got banned from the Nexus simply pointing out that making better doesn't mean turning things into jerk bait when it comes to reskins and clothing.

Good ole' Nexus.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I myself don't own Skyrim, but when one of my friends brought it up I made a joke about 'Oh is there a nude mod out yet?'. And she said yes. There are THREE nude mods out already, and the game has only been out for 5 days.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Leal posted:

I myself don't own Skyrim, but when one of my friends brought it up I made a joke about 'Oh is there a nude mod out yet?'. And she said yes. There are THREE nude mods out already, and the game has only been out for 5 days.

Nothing like a whole community being in self denial about sexually repressed shut in's now.

Somebody should do a Calamity Jane from Deadwood reskin of Jessie to prove a point.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Is there a way to keep nevada skies that doesn't make nights so loving dark I just wait until it is day again? The config utility/tool doesn't help much.

Edit: I used google, is there a way to use both that 4gb allocation + NVSE and FOMM?

Zedd fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Nov 14, 2011

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Leal posted:

They're all pretty bad too, Skyrim's default models and textures are actually really quite well done and totally appropriate for the setting and the nude stuff looks hilariously awful and out of place. Just goes to show that people REALLLLLY want their nude mods on release day even if they suck poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
The first few graphical mods (including nude ones) for an Elder Scrolls / Fallout game are always conversions of mods from a previous game.