Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Imperador do Brasil posted:

You in central PA? Feel free to drop me a line whenever. It's supposed to be decent weather this week. I've driven the Shelby twice this week already - an anomaly!

Yea I think we e-mailed a long while back, you're in Milton, correct?

Our son just turned 2 months today so you can imagine that's been limiting eliminating any spare/fun time I've had lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

97 Ram V6. Thanks to my great uncle who left it to me for never ever driving it. Until last week it had never been driven in the snow, it gets put away every winter. I'm sure there are plenty of Daytonas and SRTs in this shape but this has to be the only nice V6 Ram left of this vintage and it makes me laugh every time I drive it. I have the window sticker for it too, the only options were the deluxe cloth and vinyl seat and painted rear step bumper. It didn't even come with a radio.

powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Got this a few months ago. It's by far the nicest car I've ever had.

It's a 2003 and had 21K miles on it. I'm feeling less impressed with the low mileage after seeing a 97 Ram with the same. I don't know how reliable this is, but the dealer claimed that the guy who traded it in had never even had it out in the rain. It had a LOT of little door dings though. Happily, it got hailed on and the PDR guy decided to take out all the dents, not just the hail, because he's just a cool guy I guess? It's pretty immaculate outside a few rock chips and surprisingly mangled wheels.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

dreesemonkey posted:

Yea I think we e-mailed a long while back, you're in Milton, correct?

Our son just turned 2 months today so you can imagine that's been limiting eliminating any spare/fun time I've had lately.

Yeah tell me about it, I have 2 boys myself. Yes I live in Milton, where are you again? Sorry, my memory isn't the greatest at times. Like I said, feel free to e-mail me at any time, lxk199 at hotmail dot com, or PM me. I'm never too far from home, and I always like having car times.

economic haircut
Jul 5, 2008

Wrar posted:

Vipers are one of the few cars I see on track days that a large part of me wouldn't even want to drive it without a lot of warm up.

Haha with good reason! nobody hops in a Viper, goes straight to 10/10 and lives to tell about it. Its truly an amazing automotive experience though. Absolute purity.

I used to worry about young valet drivers at first, but now i take comfort in knowing they'd never survive an attempted joyride.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Finally got some free time and decided to take a picture.

Oh and gently caress you DogDodger, I'm insanely jealous of your TT RS.

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Nov 10, 2011

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Billy Tully posted:

97 Ram V6. Thanks to my great uncle who left it to me for never ever driving it. Until last week it had never been driven in the snow, it gets put away every winter. I'm sure there are plenty of Daytonas and SRTs in this shape but this has to be the only nice V6 Ram left of this vintage and it makes me laugh every time I drive it. I have the window sticker for it too, the only options were the deluxe cloth and vinyl seat and painted rear step bumper. It didn't even come with a radio.

Please keep it in that condition!

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.

azerdude32 posted:

I like your avant. :(

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

azerdude32 posted:

Nice, thats the best color too.

travisray2004 posted:

Please keep it in that condition!

I plan on it. Since I had to drive it in snowmageddon last week I'm going to clean the frame and anything underneath I can reach with WD40 before I put it away for this winter. There is also one small ding I'm going to have taken out with PDR and a few scratches to buff out too. Yes I am a giant nerd.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Billy Tully posted:

I plan on it. Since I had to drive it in snowmageddon last week I'm going to clean the frame and anything underneath I can reach with WD40 before I put it away for this winter. There is also one small ding I'm going to have taken out with PDR and a few scratches to buff out too. Yes I am a giant nerd.

Hosing it down with WD40 is going to do just about nothing.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Ozmiander posted:

Hosing it down with WD40 is going to do just about nothing.

What would be good to get the salt off from underneath? Ive rinsed it with a hose and the under car spray at the car wash. Maybe that's all I have to do?

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Billy Tully posted:

What would be good to get the salt off from underneath? Ive rinsed it with a hose and the under car spray at the car wash. Maybe that's all I have to do?

Basically that. As long as it's clean and not in a humid place (ie don't run humidifier in your garage) it'll be fine.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Ozmiander posted:

Basically that. As long as it's clean and not in a humid place (ie don't run humidifier in your garage) it'll be fine.

You can pry my garage humidifier out of my cold dead hands! :argh:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

My very first car I got when I was 16. A 1980 Pontiac Bonneville. This thing was such a SLUG and I loved every second of it. It had been through my older brother, and a sister before I got it. It had a 4 bbl carb, and a 305 ci V8 (if memory serves me right on the displacement). The thing was massive, we got it for $1000 back in 1996 with ~30000 original miles. The crazy thing that I will always remember about this car? THE 25 GALLON GAS TANK THAT TOOK LESS THAN $30 TO FILL UP Oh memories :allears:

Current rides: my wife's 2005 Mazda 6i Sport (she owned before we started dating) next to my 2006 Mazdaspeed6 Sport. It is about a year old to me now, last year we traded in my 2005 Mazda6S Grand Touring for it. (thumbnailed for table breakage)

reddeathdrinker
Aug 5, 2003

Scotland the What?
15 year old Land Rover Discovery! 300TDi engine, with a tweaked fuel pump and a straight-through exhaust system. Cranked rear trailing arms, HD bumpers front and rear, and steel box section where the sills used to be. 265/75/16 Insa Turbo Dakar MT tyres, 2" suspension lift, removable towing drop plate on fuel tank guard.

I love this drat thing. It eats diesel like a bastard, but is so easy to repair/fix/modify/just potter about on it's not getting sold for a long time yet. Have plans to convert it next year, either bobtail or pickup/trayback, haven't decided yet. It WILL involve an angle grinder though ;)

How it looks just now:

Last year:

And when I bought it:

reddeathdrinker fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Nov 10, 2011

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DogDodger posted:

I like your avant. :(

I like your car too :glomp: We could trade...! :haw:

Billy Tully posted:

Why thank you sir! It's 1 of 13 or something like that.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I already posted these in the Miata thread, but I guess the recent turn of events in weather is as good as any excuse to show off my relatively new purchase here as well.

No top down makes this a sad Mazda :(

Here it is in happier times:

Edit: Yeah it's just frost/ice, so no big deal, but it's the first winter for this car, plus I was walking around in a t-shirt on Monday...
(also fixed some typos)

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Nov 13, 2011

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Is that ash?

thideras
Oct 27, 2010

Fuck you, I'm a tree.
Fun Shoe

CharlesM posted:

Is that ash?
Going based on the scraped windows, it is probably ice.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Billy Tully posted:

You can pry my garage humidifier out of my cold dead hands! :argh:

People humidify garages?

That seems weird, and maybe insane.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

thideras posted:

Going based on the scraped windows, it is probably ice.

Yeah I guess it's morning frost, just for some reason the way it looks on that color car it reminds me of ash.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Hypnolobster posted:

People humidify garages?

That seems weird, and maybe insane.

I was just joking, that would be insane.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

I am surprised at how much I love this car.

I only ever drove small import coupes/sedans, or big old pick up trucks. I drove my moms Buick Le Sabre which is drat near the same size of this and hated it. But this car, I just cannot get enough of it.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Billy Tully posted:

I was just joking, that would be insane.

My wife's grandparents had the pool pump in the garage which added quite a bit of heat and humidity to the garage at the worst time of year for it. I moved that poo poo ASAP.

Jazzahn
Jul 3, 2007

Did you just say awesome?
Just picked up a 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track new yesterday. So far I'm loving it, first RWD car I've owned so I'm dreading when the snow comes:

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Well, my GT500 isn't my daily driver. That duty falls to my 350hp Cobalt SS. Maybe this weekend I'll take a fleet picture.

Can i ask why its not your daily driver? like you dont want to expose it to bad weather or the mileage is too bad or..?

To be a hater: would be tough for me to be seen in a cobalt SS when i have a gt500 in the garage

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Current rides: my wife's 2005 Mazda 6i Sport (she owned before we started dating) next to my 2006 Mazdaspeed6 Sport. It is about a year old to me now, last year we traded in my 2005 Mazda6S Grand Touring for it. (thumbnailed for table breakage)

Which ones which? i never knew that mazda 6 had such different body styles.. the red one looks way better (thats probably the 2006 speed6)

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

coolskillrex remix posted:

Which ones which? i never knew that mazda 6 had such different body styles.. the red one looks way better (thats probably the 2006 speed6)

You guessed right, the red one is the Speed6. The easiest way to spot a Speed over a naturally aspirated is the hood. The Speed has a bulge on the hood to accommodate a TMIC. The front fascia is different, the rear bumper is different, there are no bump strips down the sides of the doors, there are door sills that flare out on the bottom, they have bigger brakes, and the wheel arches are a little flared. My wife's car is a standard body with a spoiler, the GT has an "aero" package with different front and rear bumpers, side sills, and a different grill. They usually have different headlights with fog lights built in too (The speed6 has adjustable HIDs).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

You guessed right, the red one is the Speed6. The easiest way to spot a Speed over a naturally aspirated is the hood. The Speed has a bulge on the hood to accommodate a TMIC. The front fascia is different, the rear bumper is different, there are no bump strips down the sides of the doors, there are door sills that flare out on the bottom, they have bigger brakes, and the wheel arches are a little flared. My wife's car is a standard body with a spoiler, the GT has an "aero" package with different front and rear bumpers, side sills, and a different grill. They usually have different headlights with fog lights built in too (The speed6 has adjustable HIDs).

I love my Speed6 going on 7 months now. The double takes when I pass a standard 6 are always nice.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004
If it wasn't for the G8, I would have seriously looked at a Speed6, they look fantastic.

Brain Issues
Dec 16, 2004

lol

Jazzahn posted:

Just picked up a 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track new yesterday. So far I'm loving it, first RWD car I've owned so I'm dreading when the snow comes:

Get snow tires if you get any snow where you live.

Jazzahn
Jul 3, 2007

Did you just say awesome?

Brain Issues posted:

Get snow tires if you get any snow where you live.

Yeah that's my first purchase for this car. I live near Boston so we get a good deal of snow.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Jazzahn posted:

Nice. I'd never really driven a RWD before I bought my BMW e36 328is nearly 2 months ago. I was also a bit worried about the snow, but we've had snow for a week here and (with winter tires on) it's been an absolute blast.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

coolskillrex remix posted:

Can i ask why its not your daily driver? like you dont want to expose it to bad weather or the mileage is too bad or..?

To be a hater: would be tough for me to be seen in a cobalt SS when i have a gt500 in the garage

The GT500 is kind of my baby, so it doesn't get driven when the weather is lovely or even possibly lovely. Additionally, the tires are summer-only and I'm not going to spend crazy money on a set of winter wheels and tires (I live in Pennsylvania) when I have other perfectly good cars I can take to work when the weather turns. The mileage isn't actually bad. In mixed driving I get about 19mpg which is better than the minivan my wife traded in on the G8 (which incidentally also gets better mileage than her van even with a full exhaust, intake and being tuned).

What's wrong with the Cobalt? 30mpg and 350hp make it a perfectly fun DD. If you'd hate to be seen in it, you've never driven a turbocharged SS. It only shares body panels and some interior stuff with a regular Cobalt. Engine and suspension are completely different, as are the seats and steering wheel, brakes, etc. It's been a very good performance-oriented DD for me.

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

Money, Clothes, and Hoes;
All a Nigga Knows
Bought a 2010 135i Sport this weekend, went out to take some nice pictures with my canon, realized I forgot my camera battery :argh:, took some cellphone pictures instead!

omgitstheinternet fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Nov 14, 2011

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

_firehawk posted:

If it wasn't for the G8, I would have seriously looked at a Speed6, they look fantastic.
Thanks! It seriously has some of the best lines on a car. I mean, a standard 6 with the aero package looks great. The speed is basically just the hotter, younger sister :quagmire:

Rhyno posted:

I love my Speed6 going on 7 months now. The double takes when I pass a standard 6 are always nice.

:circlefap: Tasty. The best double takes are when you go by them and spool the turbo a little bit. There also seems to be an unspoken club, at least where I live with fellow MS6 owners. Usually a head nod, or something that acknowledges one another. It is cool.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Somewhat Heroic posted:

:circlefap: Tasty. The best double takes are when you go by them and spool the turbo a little bit. There also seems to be an unspoken club, at least where I live with fellow MS6 owners. Usually a head nod, or something that acknowledges one another. It is cool.

That means something totally different with Miatas.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

There was only one other in town and they traded it in, I don't know if anyone in town bought it but it has vanished from the lot.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Even coming from a BMW... I am in love with the lines of this car.

Seriously, this car is fantastic. I am sure in the end I will be back to the BMW brand. I figured now that I am divorced, I figured this is the last chance I get to act irresponsible.

Edit: OK still in love with this car. Still a sensational ride and drive for a 2 door sporty car.

BrokenKnucklez fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Nov 16, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFuzzyJesus
Dec 4, 2007
Now with more Jesus
my truck:

more:
http://imgur.com/a/sj1q8