Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Trig Discipline posted:

me too, but i'm grateful to have known him for sixteen and a half years.

yeah, that's very true. I miss Pachinko still and had her only for around 4 years.

I went to go get Lulu from the vet and Dexter's nurse wanted to show me how much he's improving. Here he is walking a little. Still breathing a bit funny (panting which they say is normal for his condition) but he's a LOT better and improving every hour. :toot:

Lulu is home now and she's a bit stinky... she's been cleaning herself furiously and won't leave my side. She's finally calming down a bit and I put one of her favorite blankets down so she can sleep next to me on the couch. I'm gonna order a goddamned pizza because I'm not leaving her side tonight.

Total vet bills: Around $3150. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
yay dexter :unsmith:

Zalgo
Oct 21, 2009

He͔̻̖͕ ͕͈̺͕̜c̯̜͇̲o̜͖̦m͙es͔̞̬̗͙.̥

A FUCKTON OF WEED posted:

yeah, that's very true. I miss Pachinko still and had her only for around 4 years.

I went to go get Lulu from the vet and Dexter's nurse wanted to show me how much he's improving. Here he is walking a little. Still breathing a bit funny (panting which they say is normal for his condition) but he's a LOT better and improving every hour. :toot:

Lulu is home now and she's a bit stinky... she's been cleaning herself furiously and won't leave my side. She's finally calming down a bit and I put one of her favorite blankets down so she can sleep next to me on the couch. I'm gonna order a goddamned pizza because I'm not leaving her side tonight.

drat the bills! Also that is a pro catte loaf there.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

loving hell

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Trig Discipline posted:

loving hell

I just sold 3 of my favorite tattoo machines to help offset it. fortunately I knew that they are incredibly desirable and would sell almost immediately. sure enough, less than an hour after I posted them on a couple forums, Facebook, and instagram, they sold.

gonna miss that one shader the most. :sigh:

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bamzilla posted:

orange cats are the way to a mans heart

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
man i gotta keep the pills locked up because theres no way in hell i could raise 3k on short notice (or long notice)

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

420 buy pette insurance every day is the other lesson here.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I just sold 3 of my favorite tattoo machines to help offset it. fortunately I knew that they are incredibly desirable and would sell almost immediately. sure enough, less than an hour after I posted them on a couple forums, Facebook, and instagram, they sold.

this is a tattoo machine? it looks like some sort of horrible hostel torture machine for sewing eyelids shut

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

true. i'd rather not send my cattes off to the great nip garden in the sky because of a vet bill

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Wilhelm_Scream.wav posted:

this is a tattoo machine? it looks like some sort of horrible hostel torture machine for sewing eyelids shut

it doubles as that as well.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

on that note- what is the best insurance?

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
jackelope you the best catte owner ever. so glad to hear that dexter is doing awesomely.

sucks about the vet bill, but you know you did the right thing

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer

bamzilla posted:

Whatup YOSPOS catte thread dudes. We are doing our annual PISS and you may participate as well if you fall under the rules. PET GIFTS HELL YEA.

quoting this again

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Funhilde posted:

I wish I knew a few weeks ago. :v:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Migishu posted:

jackelope you the best catte owner ever. so glad to hear that dexter is doing awesomely.

sucks about the vet bill, but you know you did the right thing

thanks man. :unsmith:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

yeah, it's good that you had the ability to cover it. when cheese was a youngster he had these incredibly bad food allergies (IBD), and nothing we did seemed to help. it started out bad and just kept getting worse and worse. we gave him tons of prednisone among other things, but he just kept deteriorating to the point where the doctor was suggesting we might just want to put him to sleep. eventually we went massively into debt to get him an endoscopy and...drumroll...he was incredibly allergic to prednisone. that's a very, very rare thing in cats, and ironically the symptoms looked exactly like IBD getting worse until they actually looked at his insides

turns out all we really needed to do was get him better food and stop pumping prednisone into him and he was mostly fine. we spent about two months' salary for both of us figuring that out. given that we got to have him around for another 15 years after that, though, it was a great investment

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
blaine is the lappiest catte

he sleeps curled up on his back and you can rub his belly all day and the most he will do is lick your thumb or reach out and flex his paws in the air

bonus double loafin'

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Trig Discipline posted:

yeah, it's good that you had the ability to cover it. when cheese was a youngster he had these incredibly bad food allergies (IBD), and nothing we did seemed to help. it started out bad and just kept getting worse and worse. we gave him tons of prednisone among other things, but he just kept deteriorating to the point where the doctor was suggesting we might just want to put him to sleep. eventually we went massively into debt to get him an endoscopy and...drumroll...he was incredibly allergic to prednisone. that's a very, very rare thing in cats, and ironically the symptoms looked exactly like IBD getting worse until they actually looked at his insides

turns out all we really needed to do was get him better food and stop pumping prednisone into him and he was mostly fine. we spent about two months' salary for both of us figuring that out. given that we got to have him around for another 15 years after that, though, it was a great investment

yeah... but always worth making our Little Friends better. :unsmith:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

wooted a little for Dexter! :unsmith:

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer

yeah... but always worth making our Little Friends better. :unsmith:

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007
glad dexter's OK :)

since I broke lurker status in this thread to pull for him, may as well post some of the cattes in my life.

this is leo, he's a stray that my family adopted.

he gives no fucks

this is stars. we've had her since I was in elementary school-she and her brother were part of a litter from a pregnant stray that showed up at our house.

finally, this is my partner's cat. a friend dubbed her eartha katt, but we call her ms. kitty for short.

SUSE Creamcheese fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Nov 11, 2011

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

zundfolge posted:

this cat rules

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

zundfolge posted:

glad dexter's OK :)

since I broke lurker status in this thread to pull for him, may as well post some of the cattes in my life.

this is leo, he's a stray that my family adopted.

Look at those PAWS!

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

zundfolge posted:

finally, this is my partner's cat. a friend dubbed her eartha katt, but we call her ms. kitty for short.

i think she got into the eyeliner

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
sup bitches

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
sassy

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Funhilde posted:

PetPlan

also here is my catte for you to look at

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007

graph posted:

this cat rules

he can be kind of a thug

this is stars' brother. given their relation, we thought we'd be cute and name him stripes. to answer the obvious question, he had a light tabby pattern when he was a kitten, but as he got older his coat went solid gray. the name stuck though.

ENHANCE

and another one I found of ms. kitty

MachDecimal
Aug 14, 2009

bamzilla posted:

Whatup YOSPOS catte thread dudes. We are doing our annual PISS and you may participate as well if you fall under the rules. PET GIFTS HELL YEA.

go on...

quote:

To be eligible for PISS 2011 you must have posted at least 5 constructive posts

welp cya

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

zundfolge posted:

he can be kind of a thug

this is stars' brother. given their relation, we thought we'd be cute and name him stripes. to answer the obvious question, he had a light tabby pattern when he was a kitten, but as he got older his coat went solid gray. the name stuck though.

ENHANCE

and another one I found of ms. kitty

look at this pro post

Bicycle SexFucker
Aug 15, 2007

I have zero interest in marriage.

Trig Discipline posted:

as someone who has had cats with tapeworms, lemme just say ugggggh :barf:

I suspect Bigsby has had worms for 5+ months, before I found him. He had baaaad worms. Since i gave him medication he's been much more awesome.

Yay Bigs and Yay Dexter!

Edit: After I posted this I went and found Bigs and gave him tons of love. At first he couldn't get away fast enough, now he can't get enough lovings. Bigsby Best Catte.

Bicycle SexFucker fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Nov 11, 2011

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

OH GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

yospos_worst_nightmare.jpg

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Radio! posted:

PetPlan

also here is my catte for you to look at

Seriyos chat time.

drat that is cheap, only $10.70 a month for my catte?

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

FISHMANPET posted:

Seriyos chat time.

drat that is cheap, only $10.70 a month for my catte?

http://www.gopetplan.com/employee-benefits

Hahahahaha

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

zynga dot com
Nov 11, 2001

wtf jill im not a bear!!!

A dossier and a state of melted brains: The Jess campaign has it all.

duTrieux posted:

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
http://youtu.be/7J9Nb_GjEhE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunnelman
Feb 28, 2010

aaag air flow