Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Dead Snoopy posted:

Teaching the next generation how to poo poo in purses.

FCW 101 with Sean Waltman

"Today we're going to learn how to make a poo poo sandwich..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!

Shawn Michaels posted:

"@king_khan88: @ShawnMichaels_ im thinking abt joining wrestling if u don't mind can i use ur " Sweet chin music" as my finisher?"--Sure:-)

I don't think king_khan88 watches a lot of indy wrestling.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I hope Shawn doesn't either and now he will, and he'll see some indy wrestler use the Super Kick and say,"Oh that must be that King Khan guy! Yay!"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jerusalem posted:

I hope Shawn doesn't either and now he will, and he'll see some indy wrestler use the Super Kick and say,"Oh that must be that King Khan guy! Yay!"
He's going to watch a Young Bucks match and get really confused.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Flameingblack posted:

He's going to watch a Young Bucks match and get really confused.

"I didn't know they filmed me and Marty in widescreen back then!"

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

Golden Bee posted:

Barrett's bare knuckle thing is, unfortunately, kayfabe. He used to play Rugby. SOURCE: William Regal, offhanded remark during other interview.
I WAS RIGHT! #petty victories

The only reason I remembered hearing this was I was much more shocked to hear that he wasn't a bare knuckle fighter than was.

He just looks like he'd be perfect for it.

...I wonder where that scar actually came from then.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Sue Denim posted:

...I wonder where that scar actually came from then.

Rugby is a really, really rough sport.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Mick Foley is being an insufferable child on Twitter, due to a "negative" review of his stand up act. Here's the link: http://www.gigglebeats.co.uk/2011/11/review-mick-foley-live-journal-tyne-theatre-newcastle/

It's a short piece, and very fair from my viewpoint. But Foley is teeing off like the guy savaged him.

quote:

"You really can't fault his story-telling" wrote @andrewdipper . Finding faults seemed to be all you were looking for. Pretty telling that even your positive comments were negative. Didn't want to be accused of being a wrestling fan, did you, Andrew? Overcompensation?

quote:

Come on,@AndrewDipper - there was plenty to like in Newcastle, and you chose to minimize the positive accentuate the negative. #truedamntrue

quote:

Thanks for the support from my UK fans Please share your polite opinions with @andrewdipper . I'm sure he'll appreciate honest feedback.

quote:

REVIEWING THE REVIEW - Let's not make too big a deal out of this @gigglebeats review thing. It's not a terrible review. There are some semi-nice comments in there. All I have said thus far is that he minimized the positives and accentuated the negatives. I've hinted that he did so as to not come off as a wrestling fan - which he is. That's my opinion. I'm the first to acknowledge that I'm not a polished comedian. But I'm not sure I want to be one. I like trying different things - as the writer, who attended two distinctly different shows in Glasgow and Newcastle could have mentioned. As a writer for one of the most prominent comedy websites in the UK, I have no doubt that Andrew Dipper has seen much better, more professional comedians than me. But the writer should have at least acknowledged that the audience genuinely had a good time (even the non-wrestling fans, who went out of their way to tell me so) and that the great majority seemed thrilled to be there. It's not laugh-a-minute comedy because it's not meant to be; sometimes, I really want people to listen, and take something a little larger than just laughter away with them. Andrew Dipper may not have felt that way in Newcastle. Maybe, as the name implies, Gigglebeats is not looking for any type of depth beyond the beat of giggles. Thankfully, here's one reviewer who did get it in Cork, Ireland. Better written and far more insightful (though by no means completely positive) than the Mr Dipper's review, I think it is more indicative of the overall experience one can expect at my shows. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Guest_Editorials_16/article_54845.shtml

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
That sounds a lot like what Kevin Smith started like to critics before going overboard.

Wonder what Mick Foley's Red State will be...

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Christ almighty, I would have died for a review as good as that when I started trying to be funny for money.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

And now the passive aggression. Next usually is "My Twitter got hacked".

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

So it's true, TNA can turn literally anyone into a Twitter-making GBS threads lunatic.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

OK, that wasn't a negative review. Not entirely positive, but it was generally good natured and didn't exactly slate the show. I've read more blistering reviews than that given of 20 year stand up veterans. You should see some of the reviews that, for example, Stewart Lee gets.

Foley needs to get a thicker skin.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Christ Foley how long have you been a wrestler? How do you act like a big baby over a sorta kinda bad review after so long in the business?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Glitterbomber posted:

Christ Foley how long have you been a wrestler? How do you act like a big baby over a sorta kinda bad review after so long in the business?

Foley once did an interview where he said Jumbo Tsuruta didn't sell much for him in Japan in a tournament.

When people looked into it, Foley was brought in as a gaijin jobber and really, Jumbo sold for him more than most wrestlers when he was the biggest name in the bloody thing.

Foley has always been over sensitive as anyone who read Hardcore Diaries can attest.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Glitterbomber posted:

If there's one thing that Foley has never been good at, it's taking criticism. The Hardcore Diaries and Countdown to Lockdown are basically him screaming, "I'M RELEVANT! STILL RELEVANT! LOOK AT ME, I'M RELEVANT! I CAN GIVE YOU STARS! *hits self with frying pan* LOOK! LOOOOOOOK!"

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Timby posted:

If there's one thing that Foley has never been good at, it's taking criticism. The Hardcore Diaries and Countdown to Lockdown are basically him screaming, "I'M RELEVANT! STILL RELEVANT! LOOK AT ME, I'M RELEVANT! I CAN GIVE YOU STARS! *hits self with frying pan* LOOK! LOOOOOOOK!"

"No really the divas all loved me and listened to me prattle on about some stupid loving sandwich story for hours!"

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Lamuella posted:

You should see some of the reviews that, for example, Stewart Lee gets.
I can only assume they are all really good.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Atticus Finch posted:

I can only assume they are all really good.

"His whole tone is one of complete, smug condescension" - Sunday Mercury

"About as funny as the bubonic plague" - The Sun

So...yes.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Mick Foley is being an insufferable child on Twitter, due to a "negative" review of his stand up act. Here's the link: http://www.gigglebeats.co.uk/2011/11/review-mick-foley-live-journal-tyne-theatre-newcastle/

It's a short piece, and very fair from my viewpoint. But Foley is teeing off like the guy savaged him.
It's hard to judge the fairness of the review without having seen the show but I can very much imagine the review being accurate.

All I really took from the interview was that Foley isn't at a professional standard for a comedian and that his show is very wrestling orientated. It really doesn't come off like the reviewer was trying to go out of his way to crap on Foley or was trying to get his review over by being overly harsh, it actually sounds like the reviewer cut him quite a bit of slack for largely being an amateur.

Foley should really reassess whether comedy is right for him if he can't handle having his performance reviewed objectively to a negative conclusion.

It seems like every since he tried writing books he's had the idea drummed into his head that his appeal extends beyond the world of wrestling as a fan-base and thinks because of this anyone who doesn't like his non-wrestling efforts is being biased.

If you can't handle reading an unfavourable review of one of your performances the entertainment industry probably isn't for you. You really would think having wrestled for so long he'd be well past anything like this upsetting him.

It's fitting though, for some reason I've always had the impression Foley thinks he's a lot funnier than he actually is and has always been a bit too forgiving of his short comings in non-wrestling ventures. I read his book nearly a decade ago, but I distinctly remember thinking that Foley hadn't put enough consideration to appealing to the books audience rather than himself when I was reading it.

Sue Denim fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Nov 17, 2011

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Sue Denim posted:

It's hard to judge the fairness of the review without having seen the show but I can very much imagine the review being accurate.

He's not great: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYjbhnZRME4

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Yeah, I kept waiting for the scathing part of that review and... it never came. It honestly seemed like the reviewer was trying to do Foley a favor by preparing Foley's potential audience for something that's not really a traditional comedy show.

But I guess "former hardcore pro wrestler with various permanent injuries doesn't have the greatest head on his shoulders" isn't really news at this point... The fact that Foley seems to be a nice guy most of the time is a big accomplishment, honestly.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Moose Bigelow posted:

"No really the divas all loved me and listened to me prattle on about some stupid loving sandwich story for hours!"

This is basically what I'm picturing his show to be. Basically an inexplicably even less funny Evening With Kevin Smith.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Raeg posted:

"His whole tone is one of complete, smug condescension" - Sunday Mercury

"About as funny as the bubonic plague" - The Sun

So...yes.
Rubbish!

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

apsouthern posted:

He's not great: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYjbhnZRME4

I don't think he'd be bad if he had someone funny writing his material and taught him delivery.

If Foley wants to do stuff on a stage, he ought to try one-man Shakespeare.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Atticus Finch posted:

Rubbish!

Well if The Sun hates you, you're doing something right.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

This is basically what I'm picturing his show to be. Basically an inexplicably even less funny Evening With Kevin Smith.
I'm thinking Henry Rollins spoken word without the social commentary or charisma.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

@ChrisRettBrand posted:

please sign my petition to help me get accepted into the Matt Hardy Wrestling School!"

@KILLSTEENKILL posted:

Are you out of your loving mind?!"

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

https://twitter.com/ZackRyder/status/137239523569569792

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

flashy_mcflash posted:

I know I compare Foley to Smith a lot but comparing the Evenings with Foley's books is so apropos. I watched Smith's most recent Evening and he was so whiny and bitter about no longer being relevant and disappointing his own fans.

I guess a lot of wrestlers are trying stand up these days. Good for them but guys like Foley would do much better to try spoken word over stand up. I'd much prefer to see the Mick Foley Variety Hour.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Zack Ryder continues to be awesome at all times. WWWYKIetc.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Guys, we've finally found the answer to the biggest question in wresting. This is the greatest day of our sport.

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.

The GIG posted:

Guys, we've finally found the answer to the biggest question in wresting. This is the greatest day of our sport.

How big is Batista's dick?

This big.

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned

Borh posted:

How big is Batista's dick?

This big.

Yes.

And I guess this is a thing now. https://www.ddpyoga.com

@DDPYoga started following me! I'm so special!

Edit: Also this:

@TheRealMorrison
You should know better than anyone, sometimes deserve’s got nothing to do with it. RT @JohnCena: @ZackRyder deserves that match at MSG.

moonsour fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Nov 19, 2011

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
e:f,b

ANOTHER EDIT:

TheRealMorrison posted:

No disrespect Cena, but if you really think Zack deserves a match at MSG all you need to do is text your buddy @WWERAWGM and he will get one

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
Is John Morrison turning heel via Twitter?

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"
Morrison is straight-up trying to get fired.

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned

YOUR DADS HAIR posted:

e:f,b

ANOTHER EDIT:

They were one right after the other, so technically you're not beaten! We just posted them in real time. ;)

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

ChampRamp posted:

Is John Morrison turning heel via Twitter?

There is no place for Chain Gang Soldiers at the Palace of Wisdom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Lone Rogue posted:

There is no place for Chain Gang Soldiers at the Palace of Wisdom.

So he is trying to pull a Matt Hardy?