Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Neo Rasa posted:

He seemed to be getting twin humanities from bosses regularly also?

Also VICTORY ACHIEVED sounds much better than YOU DEFEATED in English, yet we got YOU DEFEATED here? Really Namco? :)
It's coming in the patch. The one we don't have yet.

I've gotten one Gargoyle Helm in killing them around 12 times, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
I think more liquid humanity drops would be better. Not so sold on twin humanities dropping. You could kindle almost all the fires that way, even if you're not very good. I only kindled 3 or 4 on this playthrough.

I like the extra liquid humanity drops for players who need white phantom and sunbros help. I know what it's like to run out of humanity when you need it. (I'm looking at you O&S)

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
I'm excited for the patch, mainly there's a large amount of poo poo i haven't experimented with because it takes twinkling titanite to upgrade and i always put that into stuff I know will be useful first. Honestly I don't see why they thought things like the xanthous robes or the fuckin painting guardian smock with like 9 points of defense were so special that they had to upgrade with rare materials but oh well!!

Oh that reminds me i need to be using the painting guardian sword, it's basically not very good but it has a cool wuxia-movie-lookin' moveset and it's got bleed at least.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Painting guardian swords are one of the few (5?) weapons that scale A or better with dexterity. The problem is that it is bad, Priscilla's dagger isn't great, and the bows just aren't all that good for combat. I might be forgetting a weapon.

How exactly is scaling getting changed? I know it's getting buffed, but how so? Are they improving how much an average B scales by, or bumping some weapons to higher tiers? I do know that it still leaves them worse than elemental until really high levels, though.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Elysiume posted:

Painting guardian swords are one of the few (5?) weapons that scale A or better with dexterity. The problem is that it is bad, Priscilla's dagger isn't great, and the bows just aren't all that good for combat. I might be forgetting a weapon.

How exactly is scaling getting changed? I know it's getting buffed, but how so? Are they improving how much an average B scales by, or bumping some weapons to higher tiers? I do know that it still leaves them worse than elemental until really high levels, though.

Bumping to higher tiers; should have been buffed more as elemental plus high vit/endurance is still probably better than higher damage. Nobody has tried out a Power Within build as far as I know though, and that spell is the equivalent of Curse Weapon which is where the big damage numbers for pure physical came from in Demon's anyway. Without cracked ToB being present any more (and since invaders, who are the ones who want high burst damage anyway, also can't heal) maybe nobody will.

synertia posted:

I think more liquid humanity drops would be better. Not so sold on twin humanities dropping. You could kindle almost all the fires that way, even if you're not very good. I only kindled 3 or 4 on this playthrough.

I like the extra liquid humanity drops for players who need white phantom and sunbros help. I know what it's like to run out of humanity when you need it. (I'm looking at you O&S)

IMO your first gift humanity should just cause you to de-hollow, but maybe that requires a bit of loading or something that can't be worked in in the middle of combat. More humans = more pvp = point of liberalizing humanity a bit.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Wow, tonight co-op has been a blast. I've had several people message me that I've assisted on bosses the last couple of days requesting more help on other bosses. Its a good thing I have characters across the level spectrum, makes it easy to co-op with them.

Its really fun helping people in this game.

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Elysiume posted:

Don't just look at the raw numbers. I'm in 1.05, I have only 46 Str, but my Str scaling Black Knight Great Axe will always do more damage than max lightning anything at this point in PvP, usually by about 100~? Because it only does one damage type so It's only checked against one defense. This isn't from any testing but just lots of PvP last night. I usually hit for about 300 and people usually hit me for about 200 if they had a big weapon, or much much less if they had a thin pokey elemental weapon. If people are in light flippy armor I usually hit them for more like 400, and a full BKG 5 swing combo will kill almost anyone. Also, big strength weapons do much more poise damage and gaurdbreak.

Dexterity, I still haven't tried... just seems like it would fare worse since the base damage of the weapons is so much lower. S scaling has gotten buffed quite a bit, though, so maybe the bow with S scaling could be good?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Dear Watson posted:

Wow, tonight co-op has been a blast. I've had several people message me that I've assisted on bosses the last couple of days requesting more help on other bosses. Its a good thing I have characters across the level spectrum, makes it easy to co-op with them.

Its really fun helping people in this game.
I love helping people, but it limits builds. Velka's Rapier looks amazing, but it scales C/B dex/int, which means I'd need to pump those to make it worthwhile. I get a ton of summons at Capra, but pretty much poo poo-all at O&S. Doesn't matter if I'm 31, 50, or 55.

Spiking posted:

Don't just look at the raw numbers. I'm in 1.05, I have only 46 Str, but my Str scaling Black Knight Great Axe will always do more damage than max lightning anything at this point in PvP, usually by about 100~? Because it only does one damage type so It's only checked against one defense. This isn't from any testing but just lots of PvP last night. I usually hit for about 300 and people usually hit me for about 200 if they had a big weapon, or much much less if they had a thin pokey elemental weapon. If people are in light flippy armor I usually hit them for more like 400, and a full BKG 5 swing combo will kill almost anyone. Also, big strength weapons do much more poise damage and gaurdbreak.

Dexterity, I still haven't tried... just seems like it would fare worse since the base damage of the weapons is so much lower. S scaling has gotten buffed quite a bit, though, so maybe the bow with S scaling could be good?
I know that a single damage type is better; I was underwhelmed by the Moonlight Greatsword at first, but it's actually really awesome. It's partially what you said, that dexterity weapons have pretty low base damage to begin with. I've never tried a dex-pumpy build to a significantly high level, partially because of what I said above (can't easily assist past a certain point), and partially because I was so unimpressed by how things were going.

The two benefits of dex weapons is that they're faster, which means quicker recoveries, and they don't weigh 16 lbs.

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Elysiume posted:

I love helping people, but it limits builds. Velka's Rapier looks amazing, but it scales C/B dex/int, which means I'd need to pump those to make it worthwhile. I get a ton of summons at Capra, but pretty much poo poo-all at O&S. Doesn't matter if I'm 31, 50, or 55.
I know that a single damage type is better; I was underwhelmed by the Moonlight Greatsword at first, but it's actually really awesome. It's partially what you said, that dexterity weapons have pretty low base damage to begin with. I've never tried a dex-pumpy build to a significantly high level, partially because of what I said above (can't easily assist past a certain point), and partially because I was so unimpressed by how things were going.

The two benefits of dex weapons is that they're faster, which means quicker recoveries, and they don't weigh 16 lbs.

I think I'm gonna try a sorcery/dex build, to use the fast cast times from Dex. I also wanna try checking Res: if you pump this stat at low levels, you get big increases, do these stack on top of later leveling increases, so that a character who put say 20 points in to Res at first would end up with significantly more defense at level 50~? Of course they would have a lot more defense at level 25, but I'm wondering about 50-100; maybe someone with dragon head glitch could test this?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Sheep-Goats posted:

Bumping to higher tiers; should have been buffed more as elemental plus high vit/endurance is still probably better than higher damage. Nobody has tried out a Power Within build as far as I know though, and that spell is the equivalent of Curse Weapon which is where the big damage numbers for pure physical came from in Demon's anyway. Without cracked ToB being present any more (and since invaders, who are the ones who want high burst damage anyway, also can't heal) maybe nobody will.

Well I've tried it a bit in PvP and found it to be pretty good. Of course you need to use an un-upgraded pyro hand so it won't kill you that fast, and its kind of a pain since you can only get one casting of it per game cycle. Thing is, its just as good for an elemental build since it increases all damage types by 40%.

StringOfLetters
Apr 2, 2007
What?
Priscilla's dagger is sort of awesome and sort of lovely; it is the only knife in the game that doesn't have a critical damage backstab bonus, but it is also one of the only two weapons in the game with a 500 bleed rating, which means when you activate a blood-gush on someone, it does 50% of their health. (less against bosses, but still a significant chunk) Every other choppy thing does 30% except for priscilla's soul scythe, but the dagger hits faster and doesn't bite back.

Spiking posted:

I think I'm gonna try a sorcery/dex build, to use the fast cast times from Dex. I also wanna try checking Res: if you pump this stat at low levels, you get big increases, do these stack on top of later leveling increases, so that a character who put say 20 points in to Res at first would end up with significantly more defense at level 50~? Of course they would have a lot more defense at level 25, but I'm wondering about 50-100; maybe someone with dragon head glitch could test this?

I'm afraid resistance isn't that useful. Every level up increases your defenses; resistance counts about twice as much as any other stat for defense. The rate at which your defense increases also falls off exponentially when you get to higher levels; having more resistance brings you to the fall-off point sooner. You're really muchmuch better off putting points in endurance to wear heavier armor, which brings your defense up a hell of a lot higher than resistance and gives you more stamina to play around with. Or putting points into vitality which, point for point, works better than resistance at letting you survive more hits.

StringOfLetters fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Nov 17, 2011

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Elysiume posted:

I actually had a queue tonight of people requesting help, and one of my fights was a guy who was another white phantom on a gargoyle fight. He asked me if I could help him with O&S and so I took my level 15 guy over there and we got them in one try. He did have to wait a bit for me since so many people were asking for help. Way fun tonight!

edit: Just got done co-opping the entire Sens Fortress with a guy. It was awesome, although it's a little bit harder with some of the enemies. Things like the demon titans aren't as predictable. It was a whole lot of fun, and people say that multiplayer is dead on the xbox. The last few nights have been pretty active for me.

Lord Decimus Barnacle fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Nov 17, 2011

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

What's that, Ornstein and Smough? You forgot to bring shields to the fight? Don't worry. I brought spares! :black101:

So now that I finally have the Pierce Shield on my shields only character, it kind of feels like I'm cheating, because it's practically an actual weapon. It does 200 damage a swing 2-handed at Fire +5 to Smough. I also killed Lautrec with the Crystal Ring Shield, because gently caress that guy and his buddies.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Dear Watson posted:

I actually had a queue tonight of people requesting help, and one of my fights was a guy who was another white phantom on a gargoyle fight. He asked me if I could help him with O&S and so I took my level 15 guy over there and we got them in one try. He did have to wait a bit for me since so many people were asking for help. Way fun tonight!

edit: Just got done co-opping the entire Sens Fortress with a guy. It was awesome, although it's a little bit harder with some of the enemies. Things like the demon titans aren't as predictable. It was a whole lot of fun, and people say that multiplayer is dead on the xbox. The last few nights have been pretty active for me.
I've been getting a ton of bites on Capra, but it's usually all at once. I'll get three back to back, one five minutes later, then none for fifty minutes. Up to 51 Sunlight Medals that I can't use for anything. :toot:

edit: It would be way better if they made the medals consumable for a heal for like 500 to everyone in the place, but only usable for if you're a gold phantom. Make it give, like, 2 medals for every assist, and double every quantity in chests and double the ranking requirements.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Nov 17, 2011

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Elysiume posted:

I've been getting a ton of bites on Capra, but it's usually all at once. I'll get three back to back, one five minutes later, then none for fifty minutes. Up to 51 Sunlight Medals that I can't use for anything. :toot:

edit: It would be way better if they made the medals consumable for a heal for like 500 to everyone in the place, but only usable for if you're a gold phantom. Make it give, like, 2 medals for every assist, and double every quantity in chests and double the ranking requirements.

You can feed the medals to Frampt. That's it I think though.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Elysiume posted:

yeah, my character that switches between white and gold phantoming only has 20 faith and probably won't raise it either since I don't want to go above level 15, so I don't really have a use for the sunlight medals. I do like his Thor-ish setup. Lightning Spear, cool viking helmet and a big rear end hammer.

edit: Due to people actually messaging me and asking me for help, I haven't had any downtime tonight. I think I've added 4 or 5 people to my friends list today. Although around this time of night, my co-opping usually tapers off as the US sleeps. So I expect it to slow to a crawl very soon.

Lord Decimus Barnacle fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Nov 17, 2011

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Dear Watson posted:

yeah, my character that switches between white and gold phantoming only has 20 faith and probably won't raise it either since I don't want to go above level 15, so I don't really have a use for the sunlight medals. I do like his Thor-ish setup. Lightning Spear, cool viking helmet and a big rear end hammer.

edit: Due to people actually messaging me and asking me for help, I haven't had any downtime tonight. I think I've added 4 or 5 people to my friends list today. Although around this time of night, my co-opping usually tapers off as the US sleeps. So I expect it to slow to a crawl very soon.
I have my level 31 sunbro who has 30 faith for Big rear end Lightning Beam, but I prefer to help on Capra with my level 14 guy wielding some lightning uchigatana action because I had way more trouble with Capra than, say, Gaping Dragon, Quelaag, or Iron Golem.

Kubert
Aug 9, 2010
I have a level 48 character who just finished Anor Londo. I've been trying to white phantom but haven't been very successful in being summoned. Are there any suggestions on what area I should go to in order to get summoned?

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Elysiume posted:

I have my level 31 sunbro who has 30 faith for Big rear end Lightning Beam, but I prefer to help on Capra with my level 14 guy wielding some lightning uchigatana action because I had way more trouble with Capra than, say, Gaping Dragon, Quelaag, or Iron Golem.

Yeah, I get the best messages from people when I help on Capra. It's a tough boss and people are really happy to get past him. I just haven't been down there much tonight other than when I was requested because I didn't want to steal summons from you.

Kubert posted:

I have a level 48 character who just finished Anor Londo. I've been trying to white phantom but haven't been very successful in being summoned. Are there any suggestions on what area I should go to in order to get summoned?

I would say that Anor Londo or the Iron Golem would probably be good places to try out. O & S are pretty tough and annoying bosses, so people usually try to summon 2 people before going in.

Lord Decimus Barnacle fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Nov 17, 2011

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

synertia posted:

I'm honestly not sure what you think is wrong with item drop humanity.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Kubert posted:

48 seems about right for O&S.

Dear Watson posted:

Yeah, I get the best messages from people when I help on Capra. It's a tough boss and people are really happy to get past him. I just haven't been down there much tonight other than when I was requested because I didn't want to steal summons from you.
Where have you been hanging around?

I ran out of +5 tower kite shields, and I only drop silver knight shields if they have a weapon with at least 14 strength required. One time the white phantom took two kite shields in a row and I said gently caress it and just started walking in place in the fog.

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Kubert posted:

In front of the fog door, around the bonfire under the castle or where the spinning staircase meets the path running up into the castle. I had a lot of luck with the last spot one night, got a summon about every 5-10 minutes.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

I swear to God during some Dark Souls previews they had different summon icons, like a knight and whatnot. Anyone know if this was dropped? Admittedly it's cosmetic and stuff but it would be kind of neat to have something other than just some default face.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Elysiume posted:

Where have you been hanging around?

I ran out of +5 tower kite shields, and I only drop silver knight shields if they have a weapon with at least 14 strength required. One time the white phantom took two kite shields in a row and I said gently caress it and just started walking in place in the fog.

Mostly its been gargoyles, then I went to the depths to help a guy out with my level 28 character. I was there for a long time because people kept summoning me before he could, so I got to kill the Gaping dragon a bunch of times. A lot of the summons were to kill everything in there, including the butchers! Then the low level fight with O & S, then some Sens, now I'm back at the gargoyles.

vvvv I like going through the levels with people and showing them where things are and how not to die. Although sometimes I die in awful stupid ways myself.

Lord Decimus Barnacle fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Nov 17, 2011

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
^^: I like just chilling at Capra because it's a whopping six feet to the door, and I'm usually getting some work done or something if I'm trying to assist.

doctor 7 posted:

I swear to God during some Dark Souls previews they had different summon icons, like a knight and whatnot. Anyone know if this was dropped? Admittedly it's cosmetic and stuff but it would be kind of neat to have something other than just some default face.
A different summon icon? Like, it changes what shape your sigil is?

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

Elysiume posted:

^^: I like just chilling at Capra because it's a whopping six feet to the door, and I'm usually getting some work done or something if I'm trying to assist.
A different summon icon? Like, it changes what shape your sigil is?
No like when someone clicks your summon icon it'll pop up with your name and to the left it's the same for everyone. Some guy looking to the left a bit.

I swear I saw a screenshot where it was the profile of a face in a knight helmet. Still the same yellow colour but a knight helmet. Let me google it to see if I can find it.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Any high level PS3 folk (100+, I'd suppose, I'm SL114) available to assist with S&O? I'm in ++ and I'm coming up short on summons except for (bless his incandescent soul) dumb loving Solaire, and I'm pulling my hair out here. I've never been able to solo this thing, and I just can't seem to get any momentum here. :( All I have left for my platinum is Ornstein's spear and a couple of the covenant miracles, it's so close I can taste it. :( :(

e: Finally got a couple competent phantoms to help out, and actually take the clue that I was going after Smough first. So glad to have that poo poo behind me, what a bitch. Kudos to any of you who have been able to get that fight down to a solo-able science.

Merauder fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Nov 17, 2011

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
I'm currently SL55, about to head to Tomb of Giants or New Londo or Izalith or something... was hoping to go hunting for a good bow first though. I have the long bow but not sure if it's worth upgrading with the end goal being to make it a Darkmoon Bow. Should I just go ahead and upgrade it or should I go track down the Compound Bow?

edit, also wondering what the most worthy dragon weapon is to use all of these newfound ash lake dragon scales on is.

MMD3 fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Nov 17, 2011

Hexempaler
Sep 13, 2010

I know what you're thinking.
Did he fire sixty-six shots or only sixty-five?
Question is, do I feel lucky?
Well, do ya, punk?

doctor 7 posted:

No like when someone clicks your summon icon it'll pop up with your name and to the left it's the same for everyone. Some guy looking to the left a bit.

I swear I saw a screenshot where it was the profile of a face in a knight helmet. Still the same yellow colour but a knight helmet. Let me google it to see if I can find it.
The tutorial messages in the Undead Asylum have the Knight icon on them. Classes don't really matter in the slightest so maybe they dropped the idea, but kept the Knight icon to represent Oscar leaving those messages.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

Hexempaler posted:

The tutorial messages in the Undead Asylum have the Knight icon on them. Classes don't really matter in the slightest so maybe they dropped the idea, but kept the Knight icon to represent Oscar leaving those messages.
Nah, it wasn't that. It was square, not circle, and the same yellow tone as the normal summon icon. Maybe I'm misremembering, I can't seem to find it anywhere over Google images.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006
you feed the girls to other girls

:stare:
When I'm sunbro-ing I use humanity to heal when the summoner is a douche and I don't want to die. I pissed off some invader because he'd hit me and then I'd back off and use humanity to heal while the summoner would hit him in the back.

Can you heal with humanity when you invade someone?

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow

doctor 7 posted:

Nah, it wasn't that. It was square, not circle, and the same yellow tone as the normal summon icon. Maybe I'm misremembering, I can't seem to find it anywhere over Google images.

Just taking a stab at it, but could those icons display when you summon Solaire or Lautrec or something? I can't doublecheck right now, but that's my best guess.

Fun Note for PVP: Having a +10 Fire Avelyn in your second equipment slot with Lightning Bolts is the best thing. Bowing before a duel? Son, this is a quick draw :clint:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Arcaeris posted:

When I'm sunbro-ing I use humanity to heal when the summoner is a douche and I don't want to die. I pissed off some invader because he'd hit me and then I'd back off and use humanity to heal while the summoner would hit him in the back.

Can you heal with humanity when you invade someone?
Yes.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Is there anywhere I can get more cracked red eye orbs before I have access to the abyss? I really want to try some more PvP but this is my first character and I can't find anywhere to buy them.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Chomp8645 posted:

Is there anywhere I can get more cracked red eye orbs before I have access to the abyss? I really want to try some more PvP but this is my first character and I can't find anywhere to buy them.
As far as I know, no.

If you want PvP, I'd suggest joining Forest Hunters. It's the first available semi-reliable PvP.

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
The only place besides the chest under the Parish shortcut elevator that I can think of is the dude hanging over the well in the bottom of New Londo Ruins after you drain it, but if you're that far anyways, you might as well just kill the Four Kings if you can.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Chomp8645 posted:

There is a stack of 6 or so in a well after you drain New Londo. Those and the ones at firelink are the only ones I know of outside the abyss.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I'm using a weird character build with 24 dex/str and a ton of int because I like to experiment with everything I can. I noticed Weapon buffs (like Crystal Magic Weapon) tend to do alot more for fast weapons than slow ones (beacuse they add extra damage per hit, I imagine). Anyway, my Bandit's Knife+14 with Crystal Magic Weapon annihilates everything very rapidly. Backstabs aren't that great since it's one big hit instead of tons of little ones so it doesn't stack with buffs as well, but spamming R1 is great. It's awesome in PvP with a ton of Poise, since you just flat out outrace them when trading shots and the magic damage and bleed build up go through shields too. The only bad thing is the range.

I don't know if there's actually a good way to build a high dex character instead of pumping int for CMW. After you hit the minimal requirements, it seems to me that int would offer better scaling with an Enchanted weapon, or you could go for a normal weapon and just buff while getting all sorts of helpful magic spells. Does dex really increase casting speed, or is it another one of those rumours?

Edit: Also, in my NG+, always playing in human form is the best. Lots of extra events and other player interaction to keep stuff fresh. I wish I had played my first playthrough as human every chance I could.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

rapeface posted:

I'm using a weird character build with 24 dex/str and a ton of int because I like to experiment with everything I can. I noticed Weapon buffs (like Crystal Magic Weapon) tend to do alot more for fast weapons than slow ones (beacuse they add extra damage per hit, I imagine). Anyway, my Bandit's Knife+14 with Crystal Magic Weapon annihilates everything very rapidly. Backstabs aren't that great since it's one big hit instead of tons of little ones so it doesn't stack with buffs as well, but spamming R1 is great. It's awesome in PvP with a ton of Poise, since you just flat out outrace them when trading shots and the magic damage and bleed build up go through shields too. The only bad thing is the range.

I don't know if there's actually a good way to build a high dex character instead of pumping int for CMW. After you hit the minimal requirements, it seems to me that int would offer better scaling with an Enchanted weapon, or you could go for a normal weapon and just buff while getting all sorts of helpful magic spells. Does dex really increase casting speed, or is it another one of those rumours?

Edit: Also, in my NG+, always playing in human form is the best. Lots of extra events and other player interaction to keep stuff fresh. I wish I had played my first playthrough as human every chance I could.

There was a youtube posted a few pages back apparently proving the Dex thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHfPcu_B0nQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

doctor 7 posted:

What is up with that picture anyways? What does it have to do with anything? I always assumed it was your avatar in the previews but, nope. Just some random guys face. I think it's in the character info screen too. Does it show up if you are a female avatar?

• Locked thread