Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.
Holiday cards! I'd love anything, plus my birthday is November 25th, so anything I get I'm going to pretend it's a birthday card. Yay birthday cards!!

Ilyse Rose
536 Fairview Ave.
Baldwin, NY 11510
USA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pieholes
Sep 18, 2010

Yay, this is awesome! I'd love to get some mail once in a while.

Laura V.
Taimistontie 11 a 19
00380, Helsinki
Finland

Anything funny, impressing or adorable would be amazing! Keep the NWS inside the envelope, please.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
I loved doing this last year!

If you're sending something to me PLEASE address it to Kassie Wright.

I live with a group of guys, and I think it would be a little odd for them to know that their one female housemate goes by 'cuntvalet' online.

Thanks!

Kassie Wright
95 Eagle Ave.
Brantford, Ontario.
Canada
N3S 1Z5

A little about me:
I'm 22 and working part time, just graduated. I live in a new house, with new housemates (who think I'm weird). 2011 has been a yucky year for me, so now, I'm looking forward to the Great Goon Card Exchange '11 to end it off with a bang.

I'll be sending out tonnes of cards too!

OH! And because we mentioned it in the old thread, I've just begun dating a new gentleman named Nic (he goes by Wrenchfarm, however) so if you feel like saying hello to him in a card, I'm sure he'll appreciate it!

CatStacking fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Nov 25, 2011

Skabanero pePPers
Jun 20, 2011

What the math
Got my first gunemail yesterday! Thanks Palette swap!

My roommate and I were talking last night and he mentioned something about mail and something about weird mail and I started wagging my tail.

My roommate, a goon, had set the letter aside because he knew of no 'Scott Banderas-Peppers' secretly stowed away beneath the floorboards. Anyways, I had a great day yesterday, topped off with an awesome goongift!

I'll photo-document the contents of the letter in my next post (I'll probably end up recording myself reading the post card you sent and posting it because it's awesome).

Thanks again Palette swap :yoshi:

e: How do I send mail to countries outside of the US? Calculate postage amount and stamp that bad boy up and I'm good?

Skabanero pePPers fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Nov 17, 2011

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Skabanero pePPers posted:

Got my first gunemail yesterday! Thanks Palette swap!

My roommate and I were talking last night and he mentioned something about mail and something about weird mail and I started wagging my tail.

My roommate, a goon, had set the letter aside because he knew of no 'Scott Banderas-Peppers' secretly stowed away beneath the floorboards. Anyways, I had a great day yesterday, topped off with an awesome goongift!

I'll photo-document the contents of the letter in my next post (I'll probably end up recording myself reading the post card you sent and posting it because it's awesome).

Thanks again Palette swap :yoshi:

e: How do I send mail to countries outside of the US? Calculate postage amount and stamp that bad boy up and I'm good?

No, you'll want to get an international air mail stamp. I believe they're $0.98 currently but they'll be $1.05 soon I think.

BigStu
Apr 16, 2011
Should I just assume that everyone from the begining of the thread is still interested in getting something? I'll post my address oer the weekend once I get some stuff ready to mail out. Please excuse my handwriting in advance.

bonnemenagere
Oct 21, 2005

Nos sale a saludar la gente linda..
I had a GREAT time with this a few years back. I got Finnish candies, lots of fun homemade cards, and maps to weird Eastern European countries. I will definitely send out some fun stuff from here in Hawaii.

J. Purvis
2110 Manoa Road
Honolulu, HI 96822

26-year-old female, graduate student in Psychology. I also work with mentally-ill homeless people at a local shelter--would love anything to share with my clients like postcards or candies or fun things. They love any colorful poo poo and I do too.

Bushwhacked
Oct 4, 2008

Ah-cha-ch-ch-cha-cha...
Today I received mail from the far off land of Chile, courtesy of Palette swap. Thank you so much for all of the goodies and the kind words. This was awesome and put a big stupid grin on my face.

Meilyn also appreciates the shout out, as well as the Ode to the Cat from your pets, and the magical healing Hello Kitty band-aid. :3:

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

BigStu posted:

Should I just assume that everyone from the begining of the thread is still interested in getting something? I'll post my address oer the weekend once I get some stuff ready to mail out. Please excuse my handwriting in advance.

The OP has a list online with all the adresses and I assume he updates it every now and then with the active posters. The old list that I use has quite a few people who are silent when receiving something (like I am, sooooooorrrryyyyy) and thus making my activity seem low.

Anyway, print that list and keep an eye on people who posted their name / adress afterwards, that should help you out a lot.

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

I'm only using 18% of my full power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13Pandora13 posted:

No, you'll want to get an international air mail stamp. I believe they're $0.98 currently but they'll be $1.05 soon I think.

You can actually use any stamps as long as they add up to the correct postage. The USPS website has a handy calculator: http://postcalc.usps.gov/

You'll want to write 'air mail' on the envelope, but the postage difference between air and surface mail is large enough that they'll know what you mean if you forget to write it.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Hi there, 21 year old goon looking for some cheering up. It's been a pretty crappy last few months for me what with dropping out of college and then breaking up with my girlfriend all in the same short period of time, maybe some mail will help break up the monotony of part-time work and mediocre computer-sitting-at that my life has become since August. At least I have my family for support but it's still a pretty lovely situation I'm in, especially since there's nothing I can think of to do to go out and meet people--all the people I knew minus one friend are all gone at school or elsewhere.

I can't guarantee that I can send letters back but if I find the time/have the ability to, I'll try.

FPzero
9521 Oak Stream Court
Fairfax Station, VA, 22039
USA

I'm totally into video games like crazy, love instrumental music of many genres, I especially like the remix scene, like OCRemix. If you just want to send of write me random cheer, go right ahead, don't have to follow my hobbies. No NWS stuff please, there's a good chance my parents could see it.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Skabanero pePPers posted:

Last year I sent some stuff to Canada and the UK and it was something like 80c, so I just stuck a couple Forever stamps on it and it was good to go! Rates do vary by country though, so look it up to be sure. If your post office has one of those automated thingies it's a real lifesaver, though. You can just toss a letter on the scale, tell the machine what it is and where it's going, and it'll print out exact postage. I use the one at my post office all the time (partially because it's also available 24/7 and I am a night owl..)

I am preparing Christmas cards and I'll try to get as many goons as possible. Especially if you live nearby and I can write something creepy in your card (I am not actually a creep). Or if you have an interesting username. Or you write to me first. I am terrible at replying to my mail, but I eventually get around to it.. :ohdear:

Edit: I will also try to get my boyfriend/roommate/goonygoon to sign the cards. He doesn't send or receive a lot of goon mail, but he always gets excited and looks over my shoulder when I get something. :3:

Bees on Wheat fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Nov 17, 2011

meriruka
Apr 13, 2007

This was a hoot last year.....I kept all the cards and was looking through them last weekend when I dug out the decorations.

meriruka
1010 Peaks Trl.
Nathalie, VA 24577

I'll send stuff to 25 people or so and return stuff to everyone who sends to me.

Please keep it relatively clean
love chicken stuff

meriruka fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Nov 17, 2011

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

BigStu posted:

What Keetron said is correct. I update the list periodically to drop off people who haven't posted in the last two months or so. Right now, the list includes people who have posted from October on, when we started talking about sending Christmas cards. I won't purge any addresses until after the new year.

LyonsLions posted:

You can actually use any stamps as long as they add up to the correct postage. The USPS website has a handy calculator: http://postcalc.usps.gov/

Thanks, I've added this to the OP.

List is up to date: http://side-o-lamb.com/goonlist.html

Or, for those who prefer excel spreadsheets: http://side-o-lamb.com/goonlist.xls

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

I've got some Nebraska-themed packages ready to go out! Who wants to learn about Nebraska?? :eng101: (Otherwise I'm just picking unfortunate goons at random!)

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Niemat posted:

I've got some Nebraska-themed packages ready to go out! Who wants to learn about Nebraska?? :eng101: (Otherwise I'm just picking unfortunate goons at random!)

Oooh! Oooh! Pick me!

In other news, I'm working tonight, so I'm picking up a poo poo ton of cards to send out. I might even entice the boyfriend to sign a few. Maybe! :D

Bushwhacked
Oct 4, 2008

Ah-cha-ch-ch-cha-cha...

Niemat posted:

I would love to learn about the birthplace of Kool-Aid. :v:

I picked up a package of cards last night. I'll start writing and addressing them later tonight!

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Awww, I really want to participate in this but I'm moving next month and I don't know my house number yet. :ohdear:

I'll try to send some letters out instead. I'm going to get envelopes and stamps later today. I'll send handwritten letters and random tiny gifts.

If you see anything from "Bear" or "Lissa", that's me.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Bear Rape posted:

Awww, I really want to participate in this but I'm moving next month and I don't know my house number yet. :ohdear:

I'll try to send some letters out instead. I'm going to get envelopes and stamps later today. I'll send handwritten letters and random tiny gifts.

If you see anything from "Bear" or "Lissa", that's me.

You should put "BEAR RAPE" in bold capital letters in the return spot on every envelope just for the amount of :stare: it would create in post offices around the US/world.

(edit)

oval office VALET as well.

MentalStaples
Sep 25, 2007
I loved participating in this a few years ago and was too busy last year so glad it's time again.

I love crafty things and basically anything. I love getting mail.

Niemat, I'd be glad to learn about Nebraska if you'd choose me.

Dwyer
1038 North Negley Ave
Apt 3
Pittsburgh, PA 15206

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

13Pandora13 posted:

You should put "BEAR RAPE" in bold capital letters in the return spot on every envelope just for the amount of :stare: it would create in post offices around the US/world.

(edit)

I am definitely considering that. It would go well with the kitten doodles on the envelope.

Palette swap
Mar 29, 2010

"There is a professional misconduct hearing over here with your name on it"
First of all I'm glad you're receiving my letters, and also surprised how fast they're arriving.
I was away for one week, and when I came back I had two letters waiting for me.
First, a postcard from Hypothetical McGee

Late Herpy Derpoween to you too.
And also a halloween letter from Lamb

Luckily I got something from my trip just for goon mail

Inside there were regular and 3d stickers, temporary tattoos, and a really nice postcard.

Bushwhacked posted:

Today I received mail from the far off land of Chile, courtesy of Palette swap. Thank you so much for all of the goodies and the kind words. This was awesome and put a big stupid grin on my face.

Meilyn also appreciates the shout out, as well as the Ode to the Cat from your pets, and the magical healing Hello Kitty band-aid. :3:

Meilyn is too cute and I hope she gets better :).

Niemat posted:

If you send internationally, I would like to learn about Nebraska.

Drei
Feb 23, 2006

she's incredible math
Sent a bunch of letters and parcels out today! I tried to send them to more recent posters in this thread but I'll cast wider nets in the future. Excuse my handwriting!

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

13Pandora13 posted:

(edit)

I'm honoured to be in the same level of screen name trauma as Bear Rape. :D

Bushwhacked
Oct 4, 2008

Ah-cha-ch-ch-cha-cha...

Palette swap posted:

Meilyn is too cute and I hope she gets better :).
Thanks much. :) Despite her size, she's actually 8 years old. She was the runt of her litter, which is probably the cause of her health issues, but she still remains such a happy little camper.

Also, several of my cards are ready to go out to a random assortment of goons chosen from the list. Prepare yourselves for horribly vandalized snowman cards.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Palette Swap, it just hit me that you're Chilean. My father is actually half Chilean and I have a lot of family down in Curicó. His father, a Bolivian, married a Chilean woman and there was much :stare: by all because that was pretty much heresy back then!

I see you're in Valparaiso, you're relatively close to my cousins down there! Pretty cool.

Palette swap
Mar 29, 2010

"There is a professional misconduct hearing over here with your name on it"

FPzero posted:

Palette Swap, it just hit me that you're Chilean. My father is actually half Chilean and I have a lot of family down in Curicó. His father, a Bolivian, married a Chilean woman and there was much :stare: by all because that was pretty much heresy back then!

I see you're in Valparaiso, you're relatively close to my cousins down there! Pretty cool.

Most of my mother's side of my family live in Curicó too!. And I would ask who your cousins are, but I remembered I don't know anyone IRL.

Rather Tonic
Apr 28, 2008
I love getting mail! I like all sorts of stuff, I'm crafty and love animals and weird, bizarre, strange things. Or, if you'd like, I'd love to learn about whatever region your from.

I actually have a collection of every card and letter I've ever received, so if you choose to mail me, I guarantee that I will cherish it forever, even if it has a dickbutt on it. Promise. Here's my address:

Melissa S
1935 Pointe Ln
Apartment 203
Ann Arbor, MI, 48105
United States

*Address change for greater accuracy*

Rather Tonic fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Dec 1, 2011

Crazy Old Clarice
Mar 5, 2007

Lefou, I'm afraid I've been eating... you.
My partner (Mniot) and I loved filling our front door with goon cards last year -so please send us some more! We are soon to be new parents (baby-goon expected Jan 4), we like weird art, crafty things, interesting local ephemera, and robots. We'll send out cards to a mix of nearby and international goons. Yay mail!

Crazy Old Clarice, Mniot, and baby-goon
211 S Ellwood Ave
Baltimore MD 21224
USA

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour
I just picked up a bunch of cards that looked as Minnesotan as I could find (a group of deer with some pine trees). Going to do some artwork to put in the cards, and I'll be sending out a whole bunch next week-ish. Can't wait! :)

Encephalopathy
Mar 14, 2003

braaaaaaaains
I've just spent the afternoon alternating between making proper Chrissy cards for the family and re-appropriating advertising postcards to make goony mailouts. So a random collection of you can expect something in the next week or two from me! Don't expect anything particularly festive, though I did manage to finally use up a whole lot of flower stickers that we've had lying about.

And, if it's not too late, I would love to learn about Nebraska!

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
I also received an awesome letter from Palette Swap, thanks a lot! Unfortunately, I've failed to send stuff so far, but I should be able to get that done soon. :)

SHSrunner09
May 27, 2004
Polish Power
This seems like a great idea and I love to spread happiness. I have a crazy week ahead with baby appointment (she's 9 weeks old), job interview, work, holiday shopping, birthday parties, and grad work (2 big projects). However, I will do my best to send some stuff out after Thanksgiving family stuff.

As for me, I'm simple as long as you keep it clean. I like sports, video games, candies, comics, notes, and random thoughts/acts of kindness. Feel free to spread some cheers to my baby girl and wife, too. Maybe we can persuade her that SA isn't a "group of nerds that get their laughs at the expense of others."

Josh and Family
22 1/2 Coolbaugh Street
Sayre, PA 18840

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
Woo Christmas card exchange! I'm in!

I Liked it when the mail was addressed to Ms. Party Hat last year, but this is a new place and I dunno if I'll get it that way. :(

Nicole
6-17 Pembroke St.
Toronto, Ontario
M5A 2N6
Canada

party hat fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 21, 2011

LA attack
Apr 5, 2009

...But Awesome Takes Practice
edited

LA attack fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Aug 1, 2012

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

I didn't realize learning about Nebraska would be so popular! :stare: (Seriously, I was expecting maybe one person. This is awesome.)

I know I'm super paranoid about mail getting lost, so cuntvalet, Bushwhacked, Mental Staples, and Palette swap, yours will be going out tomorrow!

Rather Tonic (you won me over with the idea you'll "cherish [mail] forever"--even mail about Nebraska.) and Encephalopathy, yours will be going out later this week! (Unless I am able to pull it all together before tomorrow... then yours will also go out tomorrow.)

Niemat fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Nov 21, 2011

Bushwhacked
Oct 4, 2008

Ah-cha-ch-ch-cha-cha...
Many goons should expect a lovely card similar to this one in their mailboxes very soon.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I got my first goonmail today!

Thanks Drei for the letter and Japanese coloring book! I scrounged up a bag of colored pencils and set to work coloring it:

I haven't colored in years and it was fun to do so again. I'm thinking though, I probably won't end up coloring the whole thing, so what if I sent it along to the next person I send mail to? It could be fun to have this Japanese coloring book circling the globe, waiting for another goon to color a page in it!

I'll be sending a reply back soon!

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

Thank you lamb, Palette Swap, and Cymoril for the lovely birthday cards and gifts.

My daughter stole everything cat related. :3:

Expect some Christmas cards soon :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chipbot
Oct 1, 2009
Late for the party this year. :(

Chipbot
12036 Killian St.
El Monte, CA 91732

I return mail to all my senders! Offensiveness and randomness encouraged.

I'll start working on some cards over the Thanksgiving break. :)