Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rds
Nov 28, 2004

The Light Eternal posted:

Does Costco still sell those Contigo mugs?

Yep, got mine there about a month ago. Unfortunately, I cannot for the life of me get the smell of rotten milk out of the lids so.. (tips someone!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
White vinegar. I have no idea if it will work, but that poo poo works on everything for anything.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Modus Trollens posted:

I have a timbuk2 backpack and have had it for a couple years. Its excellent. Full of a crazy amount of pockets and functionality and it has a lifetime warranty I've exercised more than once with ease. (Last time they actually gave me half price off of a second bag, which i then gave to my dad.

Those are expensive but I really like the way they look. Thank you.

RaoulDuke12
Nov 9, 2004

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but to those who see it coming and jump aside.
I can second the awesome-ness of the bags, and you can get pretty much any color combination you can think of. My black/silver one is nice enough to bring into work!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Pope Mobile posted:

White vinegar. I have no idea if it will work, but that poo poo works on everything for anything.

Speaking of which, white vinegar is the best glass cleaner I've yet found. Fill a spray bottle 1/4 of the way with vinegar and the rest of the way with water and use it like you would use Windex. Cleans great, is very inexpensive, and means spraying fewer chemicals all around your house. You'll be cleaning your mirror the same way your (great) grandma used to!

One thing worth mentioning: This solution takes a little while to evaporate, so after you've smeared it around on your mirror for a while you'll probably think I led you wrong. Just relax and leave the room. Next time you wander through it will have dried, and you will be happy with the sparkly clean-ness.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Julet Esqu posted:

Speaking of which, white vinegar is the best glass cleaner I've yet found. Fill a spray bottle 1/4 of the way with vinegar and the rest of the way with water and use it like you would use Windex. Cleans great, is very inexpensive, and means spraying fewer chemicals all around your house. You'll be cleaning your mirror the same way your (great) grandma used to!

One thing worth mentioning: This solution takes a little while to evaporate, so after you've smeared it around on your mirror for a while you'll probably think I led you wrong. Just relax and leave the room. Next time you wander through it will have dried, and you will be happy with the sparkly clean-ness.

Also your bathroom will smell like salad dressing.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Could be worse!

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.

rds posted:

Yep, got mine there about a month ago. Unfortunately, I cannot for the life of me get the smell of rotten milk out of the lids so.. (tips someone!)

Cool, thanks! I will be using them for tea for hopefully that won't be an issue. If you check out the amazon page there are pictures of how people cleaned their lids I think.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

Could be worse!

Indeed it could! I used vinegar to clean a carpet when our dog shat on it (He had health problems). The room smelled like vinegar for what might have been days, but afterwards it didn't smell like dogshit.

Debonhare
Jan 15, 2004
I like rice.
Nature's Miracle is a great enzyme based cleanser formulated for pet messes, and it won't make your room smell like anything!

transient
Apr 7, 2005
Looking for a wireless, portable communication system that has worked well for people.

My Dad has Parkinsons and often needs help around the house, my Mom's hearing is going and it is a large house so can not always hear him if he is in distress. He can't manipulate small buttons (things like a cell phone are too difficult) but needs a way to communicate with her at least at home (although getting ahold of her while gone from the house would be great too).

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Speaking of backpacks, any recommendations on a waterproof / resistant one? My outer compartment keeps getting water in it even if I use an umbrella.

MAJOR STRYkER
Jan 2, 2008

FIFTY THOUSAND PEOPLE USED TO LIVE HERE...

Etrips posted:

Speaking of backpacks, any recommendations on a waterproof / resistant one? My outer compartment keeps getting water in it even if I use an umbrella.

Pick up some waterproofing spray at REI or some camping store.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

MAJOR STRYkER posted:

Pick up some waterproofing spray at REI or some camping store.

Will this help with water getting through the zipper?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

transient posted:

Looking for a wireless, portable communication system that has worked well for people.

My Dad has Parkinsons and often needs help around the house, my Mom's hearing is going and it is a large house so can not always hear him if he is in distress. He can't manipulate small buttons (things like a cell phone are too difficult) but needs a way to communicate with her at least at home (although getting ahold of her while gone from the house would be great too).

There's something called a Firefly phone that might fit the bill. It's designed for kids, but the simplicity of it and large buttons fit the bill well for my grandmother when she started to get a little senile.

Tantalus
Feb 11, 2004

Etrips posted:

Depending on what backpack you have, you could also get a raincover.

http://www.rei.com/product/757909/sea-to-summit-ultra-light-packcover-medium

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
What do you all use to transport soup to work? It's my favorite lunch now that it's getting cold, but I need a container that stays sealed and keeps it warm. Looking for something like a thermos, but wider.

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea

Admiral Goodenough posted:

What do you all use to transport soup to work? It's my favorite lunch now that it's getting cold, but I need a container that stays sealed and keeps it warm. Looking for something like a thermos, but wider.

This, but it's for soup and extra things.

http://www.amazon.com/Zojirushi-SL-JAE14-Bento-Stainless-Steel/dp/B000246GSE

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

An observer posted:

This, but it's for soup and extra things.

http://www.amazon.com/Zojirushi-SL-JAE14-Bento-Stainless-Steel/dp/B000246GSE

Be careful with this, not every compartment is liquid-safe and it will leak like a bitch.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Looking for a leather laptop/messenger bag since I'm still using a $20 one I bought from Walmart when I was broke last year. Best one I've found so far is this one, but it's only 13" and I have a 15" laptop that I'd be using it for. I'm not married to the style, but I'd prefer something leather/leather-like over something canvas or fabric. Ideally under $120 but I'm flexible if it's quality enough.

feedmyleg has a new favorite as of 20:02 on Nov 17, 2011

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related

Admiral Goodenough posted:

http://www.stanley-pmi.com/

Works fantastic

bimmian
Oct 16, 2008
Does anyone use a kneeling chair instead of a standard office chair? I've been having lower back issues lately and getting one of those has been recommended by a few people. I've sat in a couple, though not for more than 15-20 minutes. How comfortable are they for all-day use?

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea

The Aphasian posted:

Be careful with this, not every compartment is liquid-safe and it will leak like a bitch.

Yeah, the bottom compartment is for soups.

Officer No Gun
Aug 26, 2003

70sMan

feedmyleg posted:

Looking for a leather laptop/messenger bag since I'm still using a $20 one I bought from Walmart when I was broke last year. Best one I've found so far is this one, but it's only 13" and I have a 15" laptop that I'd be using it for. I'm not married to the style, but I'd prefer something leather/leather-like over something canvas or fabric. Ideally under $120 but I'm flexible if it's quality enough.

I got one of these:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/73589630/15-laptop-journeyman-messenger-bag-brown

I've had it a few months and its seems to be a solid bag. It fits my 15 MBP with room for some other stuff.

MAJOR STRYkER
Jan 2, 2008

FIFTY THOUSAND PEOPLE USED TO LIVE HERE...

Etrips posted:

Will this help with water getting through the zipper?

Probably not since its for fabric. I was in the store the other day and was looking at some and I think I might have saw something about zippers. My backpacks have those flaps that goes over the zippers though, so I have no clue.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

MAJOR STRYkER posted:

Probably not since its for fabric. I was in the store the other day and was looking at some and I think I might have saw something about zippers. My backpacks have those flaps that goes over the zippers though, so I have no clue.

Yeah mine doesn't have those flaps and I'm pretty sure that where the water is leaking in from.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

My microwave just gave up the ghost. Anybody got any recommendations for a decent but relatively inexpensive microwave? It doesn't have to fit into a cubby or anything, so size is not critical.

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Etrips posted:

Get whatever backpack you fancy and then buy a rain cover for it on Amazon.

Dudebro
Jan 1, 2010
I :fap: TO UNDERAGE GYMNASTS
Is there an awesome general use stapler that puts everything else to shame?

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Dudebro posted:

20 sheets, metal, cheap

http://www.amazon.com/Swingline-Commercial-Desk-Stapler-44401A/dp/B00006IFKT/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1321575356&sr=8-3

Boneitis
Jul 14, 2010

Dudebro posted:

This one is pretty awesome. Very little force, ending with a satisfying clang

http://www.amazon.com/Swingline-70-Sheet-Capacity-Packaging-S7087875/dp/B001PLII3E/ref=pd_sbs_op_1

cbubbles
Mar 15, 2007

I'm soooo into you
Staplers - I would figure unless you have some specific need it's either really awful or just works. I have http://www.amazon.com/Swingline-Limited-Business-Stapler-S7074736E/dp/B0006HUQZ6/ref=pd_sbs_op_2 - I was pleasantly surprised to find out it's actually a pretty good stapler. If you aren't a fan of office space, just get the earlier linked 704.

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.
I have this one, it's pretty nice.

http://www.amazon.com/Paper-Pro-1110-PaperPro-Prodigy/dp/B000GGY9LY/ref=pd_sbs_op_3

Prathm
Nov 24, 2005

http://www.amazon.com/Paper-Pro-1110-PaperPro-Prodigy/dp/B000GGY9LY/ref=pd_sbs_op_3

Who knew that there were so many different staplers in the world? :allears:

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008

Julet Esqu posted:

My microwave just gave up the ghost. Anybody got any recommendations for a decent but relatively inexpensive microwave? It doesn't have to fit into a cubby or anything, so size is not critical.

Microwaves have been around for so long and are such mainstays in every home that it's really hard to find one that's poo poo anymore. If you want a new one, the cheapest one at Walmart will work fine for years, but you could probably get one of equal or better quality for $20 on your local craigslist.

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

:tastykake:||||||||||:tastykake:
Does anyone have a recommendation for an Xbox headset that isn't the cheap ones from Microsoft? They tend to either break or crap out on me too often. Since I'm sick of dropping $20 on these I'm looking in the $50-$100 range so I don't have to keep replacing mine.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Those are nice, but after constant use, the spring will die and the stapler will no longer work. I'd say go for the Swingline 747 commercial. The king of staplers.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

booshi posted:

Does anyone have a recommendation for an Xbox headset that isn't the cheap ones from Microsoft? They tend to either break or crap out on me too often. Since I'm sick of dropping $20 on these I'm looking in the $50-$100 range so I don't have to keep replacing mine.

Look into the turtle beach headsets.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Those are nice, but after constant use, the spring will die and the stapler will no longer work. I'd say go for the Swingline 747 commercial. The king of staplers.

The Swingline 747 is a mere pretender to the throne.
Get an Ace Pilot 404.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sny
Sep 1, 2007

Dacap posted:

Also your bathroom will smell like salad dressing.
Citric acid works just as well if you want to avoid the smell, http://www.doityourself.com/stry/acidcleaners and apparently can be bought in bulk http://www.amazon.com/Spicy-World-Citric-Acid-10-Pound/dp/B002DCPR9C/

• Locked thread