Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006
Is it time to be an android not a man

Rhyno posted:

I totally want the Crossing Omnibus just to see if they can make sense out of it. Back when it was being released nobody could figure out what order to read half the drat books in and the "official" read list Marvel put out didn't work.

Marvel is really helping me in my recent resolve to not buy every single Omnibus.

Thanks Marvel!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Glenn Danzig posted:

Marvel is really helping me in my recent resolve to not buy every single Omnibus.

Thanks Marvel!

It was Atlantis Attacks for me. The second I put it on the bookshelf I realized I'd never read it or half of the books I'd bought in the last year.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Rhyno posted:

It was Atlantis Attacks for me. The second I put it on the bookshelf I realized I'd never read it or half of the books I'd bought in the last year.

I was starting Atlantis Attacks when Acts of Vengeance Crossovers showed up. That was it for me. The only reason I have the Byrne F4 is because Amazon briefly sold it for under $60.

Deep down I know it was Secret Wars 2 that broke me, though. The awful dust jacket should have been warning enough but I had to read it.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
I want to get a few comics bound but I've run into a few snags. Chiefly, I am an idiot and can't figure heads or tails of how to place an order. Any protips or sweet guides on how to do this?
If anybody is curious I'm making my first bind job Grant Morrison's Batman And Robin run and if that goes well I'll continue binding.
Fake edit: I forgot to mention I have a custom cover in mind

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Zachack posted:

I was starting Atlantis Attacks when Acts of Vengeance Crossovers showed up. That was it for me.

My local shop actual has that Acts of Vengeance Crossovers omnibus for $25 still sealed. I argue with myself on if I should buy it just because it's so big and thats so cheap.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

enigmahfc posted:

My local shop actual has that Acts of Vengeance Crossovers omnibus for $25 still sealed. I argue with myself on if I should buy it just because it's so big and thats so cheap.

Buy it, cut out the insides and turn it into a hidey-hole.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Ominous Jazz posted:

I want to get a few comics bound but I've run into a few snags. Chiefly, I am an idiot and can't figure heads or tails of how to place an order. Any protips or sweet guides on how to do this?
If anybody is curious I'm making my first bind job Grant Morrison's Batman And Robin run and if that goes well I'll continue binding.
You have to pick a bindery first (like Single Bound Studios or Herring & Robinson), and then fill out their forms to your specifications. I have links in the OP to forums where you can get a wealth of information.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

redbackground posted:

You have to pick a bindery first (like Single Bound Studios or Herring & Robinson), and then fill out their forms to your specifications. I have links in the OP to forums where you can get a wealth of information.

I looked in the OP first but I still couldn't figure it out (this goes back to that whole idiot thing). I had a website but I'm on my mobile right now.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Ominous Jazz posted:

I looked in the OP first but I still couldn't figure it out (this goes back to that whole idiot thing). I had a website but I'm on my mobile right now.
Well, um, have you actually decided who you want to use yet? That's kind of important.

Ghost Boner
Jul 6, 2009
So, does Batman: The Black Mirror collect all of Scott Snyder's run, or is it incomplete? I'm seeing a 300+ page count, but then it says it's only 7-8 issues.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Ghost Boner posted:

So, does Batman: The Black Mirror collect all of Scott Snyder's run, or is it incomplete? I'm seeing a 300+ page count, but then it says it's only 7-8 issues.

All of it.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Ominous Jazz posted:

Click on all of the links in the Custom Binding section of the OP. I researched for about two months before I got the nerve up to cut some stuff up and send it away. The http://marvelmasterworksfansite.yuku.com/topic/8900/Comic-book-binding-FAQ#.TsifDFY2yuI site is gold, check it out. I used Herring and Robinson due to their prices being low and the fact that they were relatively close so shipping time was quick. Read their website, print the PDF and fill it out. They were happy to answer my questions both over the phone and through email. They did great work (you can check some examples earlier in this thread) and I have sent off four more books. Be aware it took almost a month and a half for me to receive my books back so be patient.

I did not do any custom covers but I think Singlebound will even help you design it.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.
Holy poo poo, has anyone else seen this awesome Spanish 100 Bullets collection?

Makes me wish I wasn't an ignorant Englishman and could speak me some "foreign"

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann
Anyone pick up the Carl Barks book from Fantagraphics yet? I wish I didn't order from Amazon, the wait is killing me!

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Shameless posted:

I'm going to Spain just to buy that do you happen to know the ISBN?

AntiqueCowboy
Jul 31, 2005
Okay punk, listen up. I don't like your face. That's not a good thing.

wildlele posted:

Anyone pick up the Carl Barks book from Fantagraphics yet? I wish I didn't order from Amazon, the wait is killing me!

I got mine from Amazon and it is magnificent. There's a pretty lengthy introduction that talks about Barks' difficult life and story notes in the back. It's going to be total sex with the entire collection on a shelf. My only complaint is that there isn't a volume number on the spine.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

AntiqueCowboy posted:

I got mine from Amazon and it is magnificent. There's a pretty lengthy introduction that talks about Barks' difficult life and story notes in the back. It's going to be total sex with the entire collection on a shelf. My only complaint is that there isn't a volume number on the spine.

Argh, you lucky bastard. I wish they were coming out faster. I think I read somewhere that Fantagraphics thinks it will take 30 volumes and at only two per year thats a hella long time :(

I'll work on the Gottfredson Mickey Mouse set in the meantime.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.

JackDarko posted:

I'm going to Spain just to buy that do you happen to know the ISBN?

Sorry, afraid I don't. Just saw it on another forum and though I'd share.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shameless posted:

Sorry, afraid I don't. Just saw it on another forum and though I'd share.

I wish DC still did cool poo poo like that for North America.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Does anybody know where I can get Morrison's Batman and Robin Vol. 1 & 2 hardcovers for a decent price? Apparently they're out of print and Amazon is out of stock.

I've been meaning to pick them up - are they worth tracking down?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Corbet posted:

Does anybody know where I can get Morrison's Batman and Robin Vol. 1 & 2 hardcovers for a decent price? Apparently they're out of print and Amazon is out of stock.

I like them the design is really well done and fits with the third volume paper quality is nice and since they aren't thick volumes there is minimal gutter loss.

phelps
Mar 28, 2011

Shameless posted:

Planeta DeAgostini Comics have also published "Integral" collections for Predicador (Preacher) and Osamu Tezuka's Adolf:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Corbet posted:

Best Batman books of the last 5 years. I might have them in my pile of stuff to sell. I'll get back to you.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Best Batman books of the last 5 years. I might have them in my pile of stuff to sell. I'll get back to you.

I ended up grabbing Volume 1 for $10 online but I'd definitely take Volume 2 off your hands.

Zevin_Mars
Nov 15, 2011

Uber Kosh posted:

It's a great book, you're going to enjoy it. What's a shame is there doesn't seem to be a second volume coming, which it badly needs.

Is this because the story cuts off abruptly? Or just because the uncollected material was good? Considering the upcoming Defenders book will supposedly feature Iron Fist prominently, we might end up getting one.

Rhyno posted:

I totally want the Crossing Omnibus just to see if they can make sense out of it. Back when it was being released nobody could figure out what order to read half the drat books in and the "official" read list Marvel put out didn't work.

I'm kind of in a similar boat here. I'll probably wind up buying it if Amazon slips up and sells it for under $60 at some point. Mostly out of morbid curiosity. I've always wanted to read it, but there isn't really any way to get it outside of floppies. Any idea how many pages it'll wind up being?

If anything, I could turn it around and write up a humorous issue by issue analysis and make a few people laugh.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."

Zevin_Mars posted:

Is this because the story cuts off abruptly? Or just because the uncollected material was good? Considering the upcoming Defenders book will supposedly feature Iron Fist prominently, we might end up getting one.

It only collects half the issues in the series. The second half is only in tpb or Premiere HCs.

I did not know about the Defenders book. Hopefully it goes well enough to get the second IF book.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Someone fill me in on why Crossing is so terrible--I've never even heard of it until now.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."

redbackground posted:

Someone fill me in on why Crossing is so terrible--I've never even heard of it until now.

The basic plot was that Kang had been controlling Tony Stark for years so the Avengers had to go back in time and recruit a teenage Tony Stark to fight modern-day Tony and Kang. The end result was teenage Tony Stark joining the Avengers. And that's where Teen Tony came from!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

d00gZ posted:

The basic plot was that Kang had been controlling Tony Stark for years so the Avengers had to go back in time and recruit a teenage Tony Stark to fight modern-day Tony and Kang. The end result was teenage Tony Stark joining the Avengers. And that's where Teen Tony came from!

And he was hand-waved away by using Franklin Richards powers. What a terrible continuity fix.

Zevin_Mars
Nov 15, 2011

Uber Kosh posted:

It only collects half the issues in the series. The second half is only in tpb or Premiere HCs.

I did not know about the Defenders book. Hopefully it goes well enough to get the second IF book.

Well the current omnibus only collects the Fraction, Brubaker, and Aja run, the remaining issues were written by Duane Swierczynski, who to my knowledge is a pretty good writer. They could also collect the 5 issue "Immortal Weapons" Miniseries that ran shortly after Immortal Iron Fist was canceled, which Swierczynski also worked on.

Anybody other than myself really want to see a David Michelinie's Iron Man Omnibus see the light of day? They'd have to do two of them (Vol.1 could collect 116-157, Vol.2 could collect 216-250 and Annual #9). That was a great run of stories though and if they can put out an Omnibus of The Crossing, they could surely put out one of these. Especially with that Michelinie and Layton Iron Man Forever miniseries coming out at some point.

Also, with The Crossing on the way, anyone else think we'll see an Onslaught Omnibus in a year or two?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zevin_Mars posted:

Also, with The Crossing on the way, anyone else think we'll see an Onslaught Omnibus in a year or two?

It would have to be two volumes but once the softcovers all sell out it would be quite likely.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

AntiqueCowboy posted:

Aren't they releasing them "out of order" though (i.e the more popular stories first rather than chronologically)? That would excuse the lack of volume numbering for me.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

AntiqueCowboy posted:

Could I get a link to this book, or a name?

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

xK1 posted:

Aren't they releasing them "out of order" though (i.e the more popular stories first rather than chronologically)? That would excuse the lack of volume numbering for me.

Yes they are releasing them out of order, the current volume is #7 out of 30.

It's currently a whopping $13 so pick it up folks!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/16...&pf_rd_i=507846

AntiqueCowboy
Jul 31, 2005
Okay punk, listen up. I don't like your face. That's not a good thing.

JackDarko posted:

Could I get a link to this book, or a name?

Walt Disney's Donald Duck: "Lost in the Andes" is the title. And yeah I recall in the initial interview they stated they wanted to start strong so the first story is one of Barks' most popular. Of course the chronology really isn't too important anyway since they're pretty much all standalones. Anyone interested in the ducks should also check out The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck (and any of Don Rosa's stories too). The guy's a diehard Barks fan.

Zevin_Mars
Nov 15, 2011
For those of you who are interested, Avengers the Crossing and Avengers: Kree/Skrull War Hardcovers are now up for pre-order on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Avengers-Crossing-Bob-Harras/dp/0785162038/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321948625&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Avengers-Kree-Skrull-Roy-Thomas/dp/0785164790/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1321948947&sr=8-2

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Did anyone get the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Omnibus? It sounds kind of dumb but I'm considering downgrading from my Absolutes to it. How is the book overall?

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006
Is it time to be an android not a man

TheManWithNoName posted:

Did anyone get the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Omnibus? It sounds kind of dumb but I'm considering downgrading from my Absolutes to it. How is the book overall?

http://marvelmasterworksfansite.yuku.com/topic/18457/The-League-of-Extraordinary-Gentlemen-Omnibus

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

And he was hand-waved away by using Franklin Richards powers. What a terrible continuity fix.

Heroes Reborn sucked so so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flight 230
Nov 16, 2006

We stand as the manifested equivalent of three buckets of water and a handful of minerals. Those very buckets turned upside down supply the percussive factor of forever.
1500 page Invisibles Omnibus!

!!!

!!!

http://vertigo.blog.dccomics.com/2011/11/22/what%E2%80%99s-coming-in-summer-2012/

!!!