Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
Dear Golden coral why the hell would you ever put out a chocolate waterfall. I can see them at weddings or maybe some kind of place in vegas, but not your cheap ole fast food buffet style place.

Can you even imagine how freaking nasty that thing is going to get after a few hours of the public using it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backtalk
Jan 5, 2005
Wait... What?

Tupping Liberty posted:

I know this one got mentioned recently, but the Target Black Friday lady needs to die in a fire.

If only because she's trying to be Jerri Blank, but richer.

Maria Bamford is actually pretty awesome. You should check out some of her standup stuff.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Backtalk posted:

Maria Bamford is actually pretty awesome. You should check out some of her standup stuff.

Dear god, no. She is grating, schticky, and painfully unfunny.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Darth Freddy posted:

Dear Golden coral why the hell would you ever put out a chocolate waterfall. I can see them at weddings or maybe some kind of place in vegas, but not your cheap ole fast food buffet style place.

Can you even imagine how freaking nasty that thing is going to get after a few hours of the public using it?

The worst part of the recent Golden Corral commercials is a bit at the end that says 'come join us for Thanksgiving!'

The idea of someone going to Golden Corral for their Thanksgiving meal depresses me so much.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Darth Freddy posted:

This was exactly my thought too, it does appear that it's at the general dessert bar. Double dipped nastiness is probably par the course for it.

Teek fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Nov 21, 2011

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

The worst part of the recent Golden Corral commercials is a bit at the end that says 'come join us for Thanksgiving!'

The idea of someone going to Golden Corral for their Thanksgiving meal depresses me so much.

You'd be really surprised at just how many people go to Golden Corral/Old Country Buffet/All-You-Can-Eat places on Thanksgiving. It's crazy.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.

This I can actually understand. A lot of people out there have to work thanksgiving and don't have time to cook. As cheap as the place is at least their food is semi decent compared to mc donalds. Also older folks and plain ole people that have no idea how to cook.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Darth Freddy posted:

This I can actually understand. A lot of people out there have to work thanksgiving and don't have time to cook. As cheap as the place is at least their food is semi decent compared to mc donalds. Also older folks and plain ole people that have no idea how to cook.

A lot of people also just don't want to spend the time or money on what is involved. We're hosting our first Thanksgiving and it is loving expensive and will take forever to cook, I don't blame anyone who doesn't want to/can't go through all that.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Palleon posted:

A lot of people also just don't want to spend the time or money on what is involved. We're hosting our first Thanksgiving and it is loving expensive and will take forever to cook, I don't blame anyone who doesn't want to/can't go through all that.

I don't either, hell I've got stuff to do the next three nights and all day Thursday.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

piratepilates posted:

Yeah I'm not sure that's normal buddy.

What is this "hyperbole"?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I think the worst ad campaign on TV right now is Jennifer Lopez for Fiat 500. If the ad agency that created them is trying to get me to relate to Jennifer Lopez driving around New York City in a Fiat 500, they are failing miserably. I don't give a poo poo about Jennifer Lopez. I don't give a poo poo about the new Fiat 500. I've never been to or lived in NYC at any time in my life (although I'm not badmouthing it here), so I couldn't care less about the commercial, and yet, every commercial seems to go like this:

"These are my streets of New York. These are my people of New York. You see that establishing shot of the Chrysler Building and the Empire State Building? That's New York. The streets of New York are where I'm from, and New York is the place where I roam the streets. New York is my home, and my home is New York. New York New York New York New York New York New York New York New York New York New York New York New York New York, oh, and by the way, I'm Jennifer Lopez driving the streets of New York where I grew up, and this is a Fiat 500 driving around New York on the streets of New York. And just in case I didn't mention it, New York, because I am from New York."

Terrible.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

You Are A Elf posted:

I think the worst ad campaign on TV right now is Jennifer Lopez for Fiat 500. If the ad agency that created them is trying to get me to relate to Jennifer Lopez driving around New York City in a Fiat 500, they are failing miserably. I don't give a poo poo about Jennifer Lopez. I don't give a poo poo about the new Fiat 500. I've never been to or lived in NYC at any time in my life (although I'm not badmouthing it here), so I couldn't care less about the commercial, and yet, every commercial seems to go like this:

"These are my streets of New York. These are my people of New York. You see that establishing shot of the Chrysler Building and the Empire State Building? That's New York. The streets of New York are where I'm from, and New York is the place where I roam the streets. New York is my home, and my home is New York. New York New York New York New York New York New York New York New York New York New York New York New York New York, oh, and by the way, I'm Jennifer Lopez driving the streets of New York where I grew up, and this is a Fiat 500 driving around New York on the streets of New York. And just in case I didn't mention it, New York, because I am from New York."

Terrible.

If you thought the commercials were bad, Jennifer Lopez is shilling for Fiat so much right now that she literally had a Fiat car on the stage with her while she performed at the American Music Awards this year. :psyduck:

The New York thing however is just the latest incarnation of her need to constantly remind people that she's from "the streets" and keeping it real as "Jenny from the block" even though she's been famous/filthy rich for quite some time now. It's kind of her gimmick.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Thwomp posted:

You'd be really surprised at just how many people go to Golden Corral/Old Country Buffet/All-You-Can-Eat places on Thanksgiving. It's crazy.

Yeah, my dad co-owns/manages a buffet restaurant and they're always fairly busy on Thanksgiving. Although a lot of their business on holidays comes from selling pies.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

You Are A Elf posted:

Terrible.

It could be worse, they could be playing that awful loving Alicia Keys song in the background.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

raditts posted:

It could be worse, they could be playing that awful loving Alicia Keys song in the background.

Jay-Z song

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Part-Time Robot posted:

I want to know which person on the Kohl's advertising team decided "you know that Rebecca Black song that made such a fuss on the internet? Let's rewrite it and use it for our Black Friday commercials!" Because they deserve a demotion.

gently caress demotion, they need to tied to the back of a car and dragged down a gravel road.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Nut Bunnies posted:

Jay-Z song

Whatever, the point is that song is poo poo.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

On that note, why are people from New York so obsessed with letting people know how loving cool their place of birth/residence is? More so than any other state it seems. You never see a dude like "Straight out the streets of New Hampshire, bitch!"

Anywho, I forget what company this commercial is for, but there's ad out where a guy is at a gas station and the guy behind the counter is telling him about a contest to go to the Super Bowl next year, and he says something like "You can win a trip to Super Bowl EX EL VEE EYE!" :bang:

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

Part-Time Robot posted:

I want to know which person on the Kohl's advertising team decided "you know that Rebecca Black song that made such a fuss on the internet? Let's rewrite it and use it for our Black Friday commercials!" Because they deserve a demotion.

I came looking for this thread because of that loving commercial. I loathe the Target ones, and it's like the people at Kohls told their ad team that they wanted target, but 100x worse.

E:

CBJSprague24 posted:

Not that I hate it, but it just keeps coming back: How old is the Hershey's bell choir Christmas commercial?

And for that matter, what other long-lived Christmas commercials are out there? I swear I saw the Liz Taylor White Diamonds ad last winter that looked like it was fresh out of 1993.

I love the Hershey's one. It's so simple, no annoying voices or jingles. Along with the ones already mentioned, Corona brings back their commercial each year, the one with the lights on the palm trees. Another simple one.

The other one I'm really hating right now is the TJ Maxx/Marshalls/Home Goods one, where people are running through the mall singing about how much better the stores outside the mall are for shopping. Why would someone bring bags from other places into the mall? Why would a bunch of people happy start running with those weird people? It's so stupid.

SteveVizsla fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Nov 22, 2011

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

^^ I only saw it once last year, and on a local channel, but the Folgers "Peter comes home for Christmas" commercial has to be pushing 25 by now.

The Duke posted:

On that note, why are people from New York so obsessed with letting people know how loving cool their place of birth/residence is? More so than any other state it seems. You never see a dude like "Straight out the streets of New Hampshire, bitch!"

Someone's never met a native Texan!

For content, I am about to kill whoever came up with the Hardee's/Carl's Jr "Hamblor" commercials. Particularly the radio versions.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.
That new halmark talking story book poo poo pisses me off.

because I can't watch that ad and not tear up, and I know it's just a cheap ploy by hallmark to get me to buy their greeting cards. But the ad is just so drat :3:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The Duke posted:

MAO TSE-TUNGACUNT posted:

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
I'm about 85% sure I just heard Rebecca Black's "Friday" on a Kohl's commercial just now :shepface:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

^^ I only saw it once last year, and on a local channel, but the Folgers "Peter comes home for Christmas" commercial has to be pushing 25 by now.

They've been running a remake of sorts of that commercial for the last couple years, only the sister is older and they spend the next 30 seconds exchanging creepily suggestive glances.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOQk_pWmisA&feature=related

If she didn't specify that she was his sister at the beginning of the commercial, I would've thought she was his girlfriend or something.

MrDingleDangle
Apr 15, 2005

The win of a lifetime, twice.
The one that is annoying me so much now is a Hulu ad, which means I see it waaay to much.

Its the Corona ad, where a girl is snowboarding and it switches back and forth from her snowboarding on snow to sand and back. Finally she reaches the bottom and meets her guy friend who is sitting drinking corona. She asks "you know what my favorite run is?" while taking off her snowboard. He responds "The last one!" and she smiles and sits and drinks a corona

If the last run is your favorite run, then why the hell did you go snowboarding in the first place? Just sit at home and drink corona if you think its so much better than snowboarding.

I dunno it just annoys me, whats your favorite part of your sport/hobby? When i stop doing it!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

MrDingleDangle posted:

The one that is annoying me so much now is a Hulu ad, which means I see it waaay to much.

Its the Corona ad, where a girl is snowboarding and it switches back and forth from her snowboarding on snow to sand and back. Finally she reaches the bottom and meets her guy friend who is sitting drinking corona. She asks "you know what my favorite run is?" while taking off her snowboard. He responds "The last one!" and she smiles and sits and drinks a corona

If the last run is your favorite run, then why the hell did you go snowboarding in the first place? Just sit at home and drink corona if you think its so much better than snowboarding.

I dunno it just annoys me, whats your favorite part of your sport/hobby? When i stop doing it!

Call me crazy but something like that just miiiiiiiiiight be intended as a joke.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

The Duke posted:

MrDingleDangle
Apr 15, 2005

The win of a lifetime, twice.

DJExile posted:

Call me crazy but something like that just miiiiiiiiiight be intended as a joke.

obviously, but it still annoys me, understand it might be irrational...but this is ads you hate and I hate that ad, if i saw it once i probably wouldnt care, but i see it almost every hulu commercial break so that tends to make you hate it even more

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

For content, I am about to kill whoever came up with the Hardee's/Carl's Jr "Hamblor" commercials. Particularly the radio versions.

Austin is the worst, the residents make a huge deal out of their glorified college town because it looks interesting next to the mindblowing blandness of Houston and Dallas.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

The Duke posted:

Anywho, I forget what company this commercial is for, but there's ad out where a guy is at a gas station and the guy behind the counter is telling him about a contest to go to the Super Bowl next year, and he says something like "You can win a trip to Super Bowl EX EL VEE EYE!" :bang:

I always thought it was mostly people from the city of New York that seem to have this urge to remind everyone that they're from there. At least the people I've known from other parts of New York state don't seem to have any more pride about their home state than anyone else.

On the other hand, every Californian I've met couldn't go 5 minutes without trying to find some way to remind me they were from California and how much better it was there.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
:siren: Jenny From The Block shot her Fiat commercial in LA! A body double does the few shots that had to be shot in NYC, because Lopez refused to go to the actual Bronx to shoot the commercial.

The Smoking Gun's report.

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

raditts posted:

They've been running a remake of sorts of that commercial for the last couple years, only the sister is older and they spend the next 30 seconds exchanging creepily suggestive glances.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOQk_pWmisA&feature=related

If she didn't specify that she was his sister at the beginning of the commercial, I would've thought she was his girlfriend or something.

When I first saw people here discussing that ad before I had actually seen it I remember rolling my eyes and thinking, "Goons think everything is sexual".

Then I actually saw it and... Jesus Christ. I can't imagine what the director was thinking, but it is seriously the creepiest thing on tv right now.

Has anyone else noticed that there are multiple versions of the Truvia ad with slightly different lyrics? So at some point, someone was happy enough with the original one that they decided to make more.

CorkyPorky
Dec 13, 2009

My family is living in a hotel right now, so we literally don't have the room nor the money to cook a big Thanksgiving meal :smith: We have just enough money to go out for Golden Corral and it's a treat :unsmith:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

SteveVizsla posted:

:siren: Jenny From The Block shot her Fiat commercial in LA! A body double does the few shots that had to be shot in NYC, because Lopez refused to go to the actual Bronx to shoot the commercial.

God, I'm hoping that's the end of that ad campaign.

poser
Jun 9, 2002

Are they booing the power play?

I was saying Boo-urns!

SteveVizsla posted:

The people in the comments section say he was a fraud all along.. he was from a nice part of the Bronx and according to wikipedia she sent to private school her entire life

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennifer_Lopez

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

NaturalLow posted:

I always thought it was mostly people from the city of New York that seem to have this urge to remind everyone that they're from there. At least the people I've known from other parts of New York state don't seem to have any more pride about their home state than anyone else.

Everyone thus far in this thread has been talking about the city of New York. Anytime I've met someone from NYC, they just say "I'm from New Yawk," so it's pretty simple just to omit the city part, and everyone will still know what that person's talking about; thus, "New York" meaning "New York City." You never hear anyone saying they're straight off the streets of Schenectady, now, do you?

But that news is amazing. I'm actually surprised that commercial wasn't filmed in Vancouver, B.C., Canada since it's pretty much the stand-in for every major metropolitan city of the U.S., but I'm sure it was too much of a hassle for J Lo to go there :nyd: Here's to hoping I won't have to see her self-congratulate and pat herself on the back anymore for having grown up in a major city like billions of people on this Earth have anywhere.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Blizzard proves they are on the cutting edge of pop culture with their latest ad featuring Chuck Norris.

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

letthereberock posted:

When I first saw people here discussing that ad before I had actually seen it I remember rolling my eyes and thinking, "Goons think everything is sexual".

Then I actually saw it and... Jesus Christ. I can't imagine what the director was thinking, but it is seriously the creepiest thing on tv right now.

Has anyone else noticed that there are multiple versions of the Truvia ad with slightly different lyrics? So at some point, someone was happy enough with the original one that they decided to make more.

And I'm still rolling my eyes and thinking that. I thought was sappy, but sweet.

Speaking of, not only is Truvia completely disgusting thanks to an aftertaste that makes Aspartame seem like it's actual sugar, but those jingles are infuriatingly bad. They were nominated for all kinds of "worst commercial" awards and yet they just. Keep. Going.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

DrBouvenstein posted:

Blizzard proves they are on the cutting edge of pop culture with their latest ad featuring Chuck Norris.

Were you watching adult swim? I just came here to post this. What the hell are they thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Believe it or not there are still tons of folks who find monkeycheese Chuck Norris jokes to be absolutely hilarious. I'd wager a good amount of them play WoW.