Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHSrunner09
May 27, 2004
Polish Power
Just went out and got a few things... Nothing too special, so I have to find a way to spice things up a bit.

They probably wont get sent out until next week since I do not have any stamps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

topenga
Jul 1, 2003
I sent out 8 (I think?) cards today. How is it that I had 15 airmail stamps and 4 domestic stamps? How does that happen?

Longhouse
Nov 8, 2010

Chill out, dog
Okay, I couldn't resist, so I'm gonna send out mail to three lucky (?) goons from deepest, darkest Scandinavia tomorrow :3: Expect it to arrive in about a week.

Oh, and if you want to share photos of them, please obscure/blur out the return adress. I'm a little :tinfoil: about letting the whole internet know (sending it to a smaller group of total strangers from the internet is completely fine, though :downs:)

Longhouse fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Nov 24, 2011

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
Well, I'm sending out my first batch. Some lucky Canadian and American goons should soon receive christmas cards with non-sensical ramblings inside, and some bling (a silly band).

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

I got some great mail from Mizufusion, Bushwhacked, 13Pandora13, Unexpected Road, wildlife atlas, psychogirl and mysa. Pics coming soon, in the meantime, thanks so much!

Longhouse
Nov 8, 2010

Chill out, dog
Well, now there's parcels up and away for mysa, wildlifeatlas and FPzero. Expect something absolutely covered in stamps, if the gods of postal services are feeling generous.

stealth edit: thanks for starting the thread, lamb. It's been a lovely week for me (psychological stuff I've finally decided to get help for), and doing this brightened me up :)

Longhouse fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Nov 24, 2011

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Hey guys, sorry to say but I won't be able to send out letters due to a miscalculation in the finances. Maybe next year! Still looking forward to seeing awesome letters that other goons get.

Cmdr Tomalak
Aug 13, 2007

How long shall we stare at each other across the Neutral Zone?
All right, I was waiting for this thread!! I bought some pretty cards in anticipation!

Here's my address:

Jennifer Croome
2416 Headon Road
Burlington, Ontario, CANADA
L7M 3Y3

Famine Poodle
Jul 16, 2011

I have seen all, I have heard all, I have forgotten all.
Sent out two cards today but ran out of stamps! I'll be sending out four more tomorrow when I can get to the post office. :D

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour
This weekend I will be dotting the i's and crossing the t's on all of my outgoing goonmail. I have cards and envelopes stamped and ready to be sent out for the following people (so watch your mailboxes!):

Drei
ExitWound
Dr. Suitcase T Rootbeer
L and B Davis
Cymoril
Meriruka
Bushwhacked
Amber B (Duluth)
Laura V (Suomi)
Anna (Lufkin, TX)
Rufus LaPorte
Margaret S (Kansas City)
Mysa
Labrecque
I.M. Jack
Scott Tidurious

I've been busy...

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I have two big stacks of cards going out soon! One batch for US goons because I had a bunch of stamps sitting around, and whenever I get my rear end to the post office I have cards going out to many international goons! I picked a bunch of you based on how cool your forum names or places of residence were (this means all my fellow California goons are getting cards :sun: ). I'll try to write back to anyone who sends me something, too.

The card exchange was the best part of last Christmas, especially since I was kind of depressed about everything else in life, so I definitely want to keep it up!

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
So is this the official Christmas card thread for the year? I hope so, because I have about 200 cards I bought on Dec 26 last year and I'm gonna start sending them out to lucky goons today!

K. Brown
3774 R St. #4
Merced, CA 95348

Please be sure to address it to "K. Brown" or else it will confuse my mailman. He has a very weak constitution.

Anyone who sends me a card will definitely get one back... Maybe even two, because I'm forgetful like that!

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

On a scale of one to ten, I think that's an awesome!
Youareoffthehook
17203 NE 45th St #44
Redmond, WA USA 98052

I'm a goon female who loves anything crafty or video games. My favorites are the Fallout series, Bioshock series, Call of Duty series, and pretty much anything else.
I also love music and I'm always happy to get new music I've probably never heard, so if you want to send a mix CD, that would make my year!

I also work at Lego, so I may send out Lego stuff :)

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
I hope it's okay to put in this request...

This Christmas is going to be hard in the Valet family, it's our first year without my Nanna, who passed away just after Christmas, last year.

My mom was exceptionally close to her, and I know it's going to be tough. Especially since Christmas eve was always spent at Nanna's place.

So I was wondering, if any goon would have it in their heart to send some goony love to MommaValet?

You can use my address, just address it to Deb Wright and I'll make sure that she gets them. Last year, when my Nanna's health was failing, my mom took a lot of joy in SASS and goonmail, seeing what all I was getting in my mailbox.

Don't feel obligated or anything, I just thought I'd throw it out there.

So you can write to her at:

Deb Wright
c/o Kassie Wright
95 Eagle Ave
Brantford, Ontario
Canada
N3S 1Z5

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.

cuntvalet posted:

This Christmas is going to be hard in the Valet family, it's our first year without my Nanna, who passed away just after Christmas, last year.

My mom was exceptionally close to her, and I know it's going to be tough. Especially since Christmas eve was always spent at Nanna's place.

So I was wondering, if any goon would have it in their heart to send some goony love to MommaValet?

You can use my address, just address it to Deb Wright and I'll make sure that she gets them. Last year, when my Nanna's health was failing, my mom took a lot of joy in SASS and goonmail, seeing what all I was getting in my mailbox.

Don't feel obligated or anything, I just thought I'd throw it out there.

So you can write to her at:

Deb Wright
c/o Kassie Wright
95 Eagle Ave
Brantford, Ontario
Canada
N3S 1Z5

Aw, honey. I would love to write to her (and you)! What a sweet idea!

I'll bite, too. I'm an attached ladygoon (with a goony boyfriend), so nothing NWS. I send out cards and letters, usually just chatting and occasionally filled with coffee.

edit: going to get permission before posting address, as I don't live alone and my boyfriend may not approve of sharing his address with strangers. you'll still get cards from, me though.

Double secret edit: address is a go!

gamingCaffeinator fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Feb 11, 2019

Cmdr Tomalak
Aug 13, 2007

How long shall we stare at each other across the Neutral Zone?
Bought my stamps today! 12 lucky Canada goons and 6 lucky American goons will be getting cards! (Sorry...international stamps were just a bit too much of a strain on the budget)

Canadians! If any of you have bought the stained glass stamps this year, the designs on them come from St. Mary's Cathedral in Kingston, ON, which is my church :) Just thought that was cool...

Oh and my card-people may be getting Nanowrimo stickers. I've got a ton left over.

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

Smenkhara posted:

Bought my stamps today! 12 lucky Canada goons and 6 lucky American goons will be getting cards! (Sorry...international stamps were just a bit too much of a strain on the budget)

Canadians! If any of you have bought the stained glass stamps this year, the designs on them come from St. Mary's Cathedral in Kingston, ON, which is my church :) Just thought that was cool...

Oh and my card-people may be getting Nanowrimo stickers. I've got a ton left over.

Just bought some today actually! They're really really pretty.

jimmie
Feb 4, 2006

Help! They are going to steal my identity!
I just got a whole bunch of leftover Christmas cards and stickers, so bring on the mail!

S Russell
1330 N Jefferson
Springfield, MO 65802

I did the Valentine's Day card exchange this year and all of the cards y'all sent still have their place on my door. I'm going home right before Christmas but heading up shortly after, so I may not get your card quite in time if you send it late. I'll still hang the thing up anyways because I love you all. NSFW is okay as long as it's inside the envelope.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Mizufusion posted:

I picked a bunch of you based on how cool your forum names or places of residence were

Awwww, but it's those of us who live in uncool places that need cool mail to distract us from the fact we don't live in cool places! :smith:

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Smenkhara posted:

Oooh! I'm a fellow NaNo'er! Also, you should probably expect mail from me. :p I remember writing a card out for you, because your screenname was interesting/hard to pronounce. :D

Dangereuse
Dec 27, 2009

Terrain is bumpy, vegetation may be thick. Proceed with caution.
My man and I would love to receive some goony mail and cards.

We're prepping for our card sendout. We have an undisclosed amount of Christmas cards that will be sent over the next week. We live in Australia so we'll be sure to include some inane tourist tat :swoon:

Dangereuse & Count Drunkula
208/500 Flinders Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Australia

We love the obscene, the amusingly misspelt and goony things of every stripe, so bring it on :neckbeard:

cuntvalet posted:

MommaValet can expect some goon love from Down Under between now and Christmas.

Dangereuse fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Nov 26, 2011

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Niemat posted:

Awwww, but it's those of us who live in uncool places that need cool mail to distract us from the fact we don't live in cool places! :smith:

Actually, you're on my list because of :science: since I also picked people based on how cool your interests are.

I think I'm going to end up sending something to everyone active in this thread by the time I'm done..

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

gamingCaffeinator posted:

Aw, honey. I would love to write to her (and you)! What a sweet idea!

Dangereuse posted:

MommaValet can expect some goon love from Down Under between now and Christmas.

Thank you guys so much. I think I speak for every daughter ever when I say that the best present (Christmas or otherwise) is seeing my mom smile. Totally excited. :D

Famine Poodle
Jul 16, 2011

I have seen all, I have heard all, I have forgotten all.

cuntvalet posted:

Thank you guys so much. I think I speak for every daughter ever when I say that the best present (Christmas or otherwise) is seeing my mom smile. Totally excited. :D

Before I read this, I sent you a card with some fun stuff packed with it...I'd send Mommavalet her own fun stuff but I'm fresh out. If you like, you can share your stuff with her. :)

MentalStaples
Sep 25, 2007
I meant to start working on cards before Thanksgiving and never got around to it but definitely going to start working on them tomorrow. I'm really excited since I just love getting things in the mail. I also have a ton of cards because I won 50 last year and barely got to use any since I already had a ton of Christmas cards just sitting around.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011
Okay, I am fighting back every internet stranger-danger psa I have ever heard, because I love getting mail.

Meagan
1310 Tennessee St., Apt #2
Lawrence, KS 66044

It's really important to write Meagan on the envelope and not marsattacks, because last time someone used a username to send me mail, my mailman confiscated it. :(

I'm a college lady, I like books and Shakespeare and funny things and notes. Also my birthday is next week (high five to December birthday buddies.) Nothing NWS on the outside of the envelope please.

I also love sending people poo poo, so expect cards and stuff from me in the very near future.

Drei
Feb 23, 2006

she's incredible math

FPzero posted:

I haven't colored in years and it was fun to do so again. I'm thinking though, I probably won't end up coloring the whole thing, so what if I sent it along to the next person I send mail to? It could be fun to have this Japanese coloring book circling the globe, waiting for another goon to color a page in it!

I think a Pay It Forward goon coloring book is a great idea, like that game we used to play in elementary school where the first kid draws the head of a creature, the next kid draws the torso, etc...

Got a happy little envelope in the mail today from RubySprinkles!

Tomorrow I'm headed to Michaels to purchase Christmasy things, will be on the lookout for some choice cardmaking materials.

USS Kobayashi Issa
Jul 18, 2011
Alright, who's the MO goon that sent me a dinosaur card with the hand-drawn ducks inside and the lovely messages in German and Spanish? :3: (Not to mention some stickers, a sweet-rear end guitar pick, and a Winnie the Pooh puzzle!) Your username isn't anywhere on the envelope! You made my day, though, so thanks! Right after I got this first card, I went out and got one to send back (along with another for a separate goon).

Unfortunately, I can't take pics of my mail now, but I will when I can finish said puzzle and get it framed. :neckbeard:

Bushwhacked
Oct 4, 2008

Ah-cha-ch-ch-cha-cha...
Thanks to Niemat for the wonderfully informative pamphlet/coloring book about Nebraska! I wasn't expecting so much effort to be put into it. :haw: I especially enjoyed the blizzard chapter.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

marsattacks posted:

I'm a college lady, I like books and Shakespeare and funny things and notes. Also my birthday is next week (high five to December birthday buddies.) Nothing NWS on the outside of the envelope please.

:toot::hf::toot:

My birthday is next week too. December is the best.

I don't have any birthday cards around, but I'll find something goony to send your way!

BigHustle
Oct 19, 2005

Fast and Bulbous

USS Kobayashi Issa posted:

Alright, who's the MO goon that sent me a dinosaur card with the hand-drawn ducks inside and the lovely messages in German and Spanish? :3: (Not to mention some stickers, a sweet-rear end guitar pick, and a Winnie the Pooh puzzle!) Your username isn't anywhere on the envelope! You made my day, though, so thanks! Right after I got this first card, I went out and got one to send back (along with another for a separate goon).

Unfortunately, I can't take pics of my mail now, but I will when I can finish said puzzle and get it framed. :neckbeard:

Ha, that was me. I mailed those before the thread became the Christmas card depot.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies
I'm SO EXCITED. found some holiday cards in my crafts drawer and will try to get some more tacky beach stuff from dunedin, FL before I go back to orlando. As soon as school is over, GET READY FOR TACKY POSTCARDS FROM PLACES IVE NEVER BEEN AND BEACH STUFF.

deviltry
Nov 1, 2010

"Don't be humble. You're not that great."
Happy Holidays, goons!

I'd love to participate in this as it'd be my 1st Goon Holiday Card exchange!
I love nerdy humor, offbeat things, and no NWS por favor...
any card would be a delight to spare me from my flood pf junk mail. :holy:

Looking forward to sending some personalized cards from where I'm from! :)

Hemlock
Jan 17, 2006
Waffle.
I was pretty sad thinking I wouldn’t be able to do this this year as I’m currently freelancing away from home and don’t have any access to craft supplies to make cards. ...Then it did occur to me that I am working for a department of one of the world’s largest card manufacturers, so I do actually have the access to buy as many cards as I might need! It does feel a bit :( using store-bought cards, (and I’d prepped lots of Christmas stickers at home to bling out envelopes which I wont be able to use for now), but hopefully some of you wont mind!

If you’re open to that, and would like to send some Christmas cheer my way, I would absolutely love some goon mail!

The company I’m working for has put me up in a remote cottage which for some reason doesn’t have a letter box, but if you would like to write to me, I’ll be back home with my family from December 16th and would be so thrilled to arrive home to some post! I promise to post pictures of everything I get :)

Meg Williams/Hemlock
1 Weston Road
Petersfield
Hampshire
GU31 4JF
ENGLAND

I’ll be sending out mail nationally and internationally, but the latter will have to wait until the weekends when I can get a bus to a post office. Hopefully some more Brit goons will post their addresses as I bought a tonne of stamps on Saturday to get started with!

---

An important side note/callout – this year I’ve stayed away from SA a bit while I was finishing my degree, and I definitely got at least two bits of unexpected goon mail during my self-imposed ban (one was definitely a St Patrick’s Day card). I was seriously thrilled to get them and had them up in my room until I moved back home, when I packed them up to make sure I got around to replying when things calmed down. It’s been a manic summer though and to my shame I still haven’t done it, and now I’m away from home and I can’t remember who I owe mail to. So if you’ve sent me something I haven’t replied to pleeease let me know so I can make sure you get a Christmas card! And also massively sorry that I didn’t say a big thank you sooner- your sendings really cheered me up during a stressful time!

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.
Yay, I figured out something tonight so every goon I send a card to will get something unique from me.

Please please PLEASE, if you send me a card use the name I gave or my mailman will destroy it and that would make me very sad. :(

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Hemlock posted:

An important side note/callout – this year I’ve stayed away from SA a bit while I was finishing my degree, and I definitely got at least two bits of unexpected goon mail during my self-imposed ban (one was definitely a St Patrick’s Day card). I was seriously thrilled to get them and had them up in my room until I moved back home, when I packed them up to make sure I got around to replying when things calmed down. It’s been a manic summer though and to my shame I still haven’t done it, and now I’m away from home and I can’t remember who I owe mail to. So if you’ve sent me something I haven’t replied to pleeease let me know so I can make sure you get a Christmas card! And also massively sorry that I didn’t say a big thank you sooner- your sendings really cheered me up during a stressful time!

I'm pretty sure that was me - was it a postcard with some extra-handsome men from the 70's on it?

As of today, the list is up to date: http://side-o-lamb.com/goonlist.html

Or, for those who prefer excel spreadsheets: http://side-o-lamb.com/goonlist.xls

I will be away in fabulous Las Vegas for a few days, so any new addresses after today will be added next Monday.

Vicarious Creation
Nov 28, 2011

Stairs are like sex. Up and down all the time and at the end, you're all worn out.
Being new, what better way to start then by mailing everyone something interesting. (as interesting as the desert gets, that is)I really love these types of things and looking at the list, I believe I can get this done.

I used to do these all the time and love giving and receiving little cards and tidbits in the mail. So anyways here we go:

Brandon
3021 Milano Drive
Bullhead City, AZ 86442

Let'em roll!

lanefrost
Dec 11, 2002

Give me my binkie!
been waiting on the official card exchange thread to start, but looks like it may not so I'll jump into this smaller one. This was fun last year. Loved getting cards and sending them out. Here's my info

Jason Huckelberry / lanefrost
6909 Brady Hill Dr
Cordova, TN 38018

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Party Hat and Drei! I have received your wonderful cards, and they are now proudly displayed on my wall. Will take pictures and post them later! <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
Now that I have my finances and my life sorted out, I'm ready for another round of goonmail :woop:

I've printed out the list of addresses, letter are going out this weekend. My poor small-town post office won't know what to think.

If you sen me mail, please nothing NWS on the envelope. I live in a teeny-tiny town, but occasionally the post has gotten mixed up. All of my neighbors are either nice old people who would be scandalized, or crotchety old people who would shake their canes at me and throw out my mail. Inside is fair game. Also, if you address it to my username, there's a chance I might not get it.

[not my address now]

Some (if not all) of you might be getting random little gifts in the mail too.

50s girl groupon fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 11, 2012