Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

Flight 230 posted:

1500 page Invisibles Omnibus!

!!!

!!!

http://vertigo.blog.dccomics.com/2011/11/22/what%E2%80%99s-coming-in-summer-2012/

!!!

I... this... this is going to be multiple hardcovers, right? Three would be nice...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Flight 230 posted:

!!!

!!!

http://vertigo.blog.dccomics.com/2011/11/22/what%E2%80%99s-coming-in-summer-2012/

!!!

I'm not excited about 1500 pages of glued binding.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

JackDarko posted:

I'm not excited about 1500 pages of glued binding.

I'm thinking it may be something like the Strangers in Paradise omnibus? I don't see how anyone could think a 1500 page comic is a great idea.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.

Yep, I'll have that ta. They should split it up though, three books (one for each volume) in a slipcase would be nice.

Is it next Summer yet?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I'd been putting off on buying the old trades just in case of hardcover upgrades, but there's no way I'm buying that.

edit: 1536 pages? Christ, the Spider-Man Omnibus is only 1088, and that thing could take a small child in a fistfight.

My dainty wrists!
:negative:

redbackground fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Nov 22, 2011

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Done and loving done, I am all over that.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.
I have to wonder if they were intentionally waiting for 2012 for this giant epic Invisibles omni? I hope we get letters pages.

Fight My Dad!
Mar 9, 2008

I wish I had Paul Newman's eyes
That would be nice.

Flight 230 posted:

!!!

!!!

!!!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This makes up for me buying the 4th volume of 100 bullets literally days before they announced the HCs

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Only way I'm getting a 1500 page omnibus is if it is printed in 4 dimensional space or takes the form of a self-aware hyperfluid.
So it's 50-50 odds I'll get Invisibles.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Holy poo poo here I was last night just hoping for nice editions of The Invisibles, Animal Man and Doom Patrol, since it seems like everything Grant Morrison has written for DC is getting a nice hardcover.

All over that thing.

Fight My Dad!
Mar 9, 2008

I wish I had Paul Newman's eyes
That would be nice.

TheManWithNoName posted:

Holy poo poo here I was last night just hoping for nice editions of The Invisibles, Animal Man and Doom Patrol, since it seems like everything Grant Morrison has written for DC is getting a nice hardcover.

All over that thing.

Also I've literally never read any of those three precisely because I'm waiting for the BEST EDITIONS. So happy.

Ghost Boner
Jul 6, 2009
I'm so happy I just finished collecting all of Animal Man, Doom Patrol and The Invisibles in trade.

Perfect timing...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, I heard about that Invisibles Omni and the size of it made me think it was bullshit so I never posted about it.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Can't wait until to flip open an Invisibles Omni and the spine breaks and leaks pages all over the place.

Inkslinger
May 23, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Man, I heard about that Invisibles Omni and the size of it made me think it was bullshit so I never posted about it.

Yeah, it seems....big. Are there any other collections out there that size that aren't exploding out of their spines? That's even bigger than my Complete Bone collection...

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Inkslinger posted:

Yeah, it seems....big. Are there any other collections out there that size that aren't exploding out of their spines? That's even bigger than my Complete Bone collection...

Invisibles is around 25% larger than the Simonson Thor at 'only' 1192 pages.
A copy of War and Peace from Amazon had 1440 pages, but that's going to be smaller in height/width.
I think it'll be as large as the 2 largest Harry Potter books combined.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

^burtle posted:

Can't wait until to flip open an Invisibles Omni and the spine breaks and leaks pages all over the place.

From what I know of The Invisibles, that sounds appropriate.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Inkslinger posted:

I've got the Simonson Thor Omnibus and it weighs in at almost 1200 pages. It is too big. I read that some of them are having issues with their binding so I make it a point to be extra careful when reading it.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Wow. I was just buying the Simonson trades. Got the first three for about $5 a pop but the last two became rare and expensive all of a sudden. I don't think I would want a tome as big as some of the omnibuses.

So I am putting together a Wolverine bind that will include a few minis, Logan (the black and white version)by Vaughan and Risso, Wolverine Hulk by Kieth, Wolverine Havok Meltdown by Simonson and Old Man Logan by Millar and McNiven. Putting all those titles on the spine would be cluttered and confusing. I have no idea what to call this thing though.

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006
Is it time to be an android not a man

sporklift posted:

Wow. I was just buying the Simonson trades. Got the first three for about $5 a pop but the last two became rare and expensive all of a sudden. I don't think I would want a tome as big as some of the omnibuses.

So I am putting together a Wolverine bind that will include a few minis, Logan (the black and white version)by Vaughan and Risso, Wolverine Hulk by Kieth, Wolverine Havok Meltdown by Simonson and Old Man Logan by Millar and McNiven. Putting all those titles on the spine would be cluttered and confusing. I have no idea what to call this thing though.

Best Of Wolverine Vol. 1, or Vol. 2 if you already have the OSHC Vol. 1

Keeku
Jun 3, 2005

Just got my copy of Batman: Black Mirror HC. Wow this book is thick. About as thick (if not thicker) as Batman: Hush. Hope it's as good as I've heard.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Romav posted:

Just got my copy of Batman: Black Mirror HC. Wow this book is thick. About as thick (if not thicker) as Batman: Hush. Hope it's as good as I've heard.
Any cool foil embossing on the actual book cover?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

redbackground posted:

Plain black cover under the dust cover. Nothing fancy about the dust cover. Great book though.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

redbackground posted:

DC seems to have done away with that. 100 bullets Deluxe didn't have it either. They seemed to switch around v3 or 4 of Ex Machina. I remember the first few being embossed.

Keeku
Jun 3, 2005

redbackground posted:

Yeah as mentioned quite a boring cover, but so far the book is great. Read 2 chapters last night. Hope this quality remains with the rest of Scott Snyder's run (I don't read monthlies so I'm not sure how his books are now.)

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006

Romav posted:

Yeah as mentioned quite a boring cover, but so far the book is great. Read 2 chapters last night. Hope this quality remains with the rest of Scott Snyder's run (I don't read monthlies so I'm not sure how his books are now.)

As far as I'm concerned, he can do no wrong.

krut
Jun 5, 2005

ask me about oranges
I'm sure many of you already know about this but I just discovered Thwipster and I think it's amazing. I picked up the first three TPBs of Hickman's Fantastic Four for $6 each. For those of you who don't know, Thwipster is a daily deals site for comics related stuff-- mostly TPBs and HCs but they also do Omnis, Absolutes, some action figures and stuff like that.

Cheapgraphicnovels.com has been very good to me as well. I bought Fraction's Invincible Iron Man Deluxe Edition (#1-19) for $21.99 there.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

:dance: Just got my X-Men Omnibus Vol 1 in the mail today :dance: but sadly, it is a Christmas gift so the gf is going to gift wrap it until Christmas. :(

I know that early X-Men isn't the best but there's just something about those old stories that I love. Plus Kirby. Already eyeing volume 2 and the Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol 1 which is sadly selling for like $200 these days.

AntiqueCowboy
Jul 31, 2005
Okay punk, listen up. I don't like your face. That's not a good thing.
Has anyone picked up a copy of Parker: The Martini Edition? It's huge. Bigger than the Absolutes. It's actually kind of annoying because it doesn't fit on my regular book shelf. But Cooke's art is sooooo totally sweet.There's a lengthy interview with Tom Spurgeon, Ed Brubaker, Cooke and others with a lot of art and in the back of the book is a fantastic gallery featuring pin-ups to films that featured Parker (though the characters weren't named Parker).

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Totally slipped my mind that the X Statix Omnibus comes out on the 21st.

Merry Christmas to me!

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006

E the Shaggy posted:

Totally slipped my mind that the X Statix Omnibus comes out on the 21st.

Merry Christmas to me!

It's out next Wednesday bud.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

Glenn Danzig posted:

Amazon date might be the 21st?

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Glenn Danzig posted:

Through the Direct Market right?

I'll wait until it goes up on Amazon for $70.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Diamond accidentally shipped the X-Statix omnibus to a few stores a week early so a few lucky bastards already have it in their hands.

Raife
Feb 2, 2004

krut posted:

I'm sure many of you already know about this but I just discovered Thwipster and I think it's amazing.

I had no idea this existed. You made my xmas shopping list much shorter sir.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

I'm selling lots of TPBs and a few nice hardcovers (omnibus, Absolutes, OSHCs) over in SA Mart, come check it out!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3452728

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

So it looks like Morrison's Batman and Robin Vol 1 & 2 Hardcovers are out of print, have we heard anything about his run being collected in one hardcover?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Corbet posted:

So it looks like Morrison's Batman and Robin Vol 1 & 2 Hardcovers are out of print, have we heard anything about his run being collected in one hardcover?

Nope. They're issuing new editions of the earlier parts of his Batman run but not B&R. They will probably put out a softcover of it but I doubt a HC is on the horizn any time soon.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.
The upcoming Geoff Johns Teen Titans Omnibus has been cancelled. Maybe it will be resolicited. Maybe it won't.

Supergirl: Good Looking Corpse and Thunder Agents Chronicles vol. 1 have also apparently been given the chop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shameless posted:

The upcoming Geoff Johns Teen Titans Omnibus has been cancelled. Maybe it will be resolicited. Maybe it won't.

Supergirl: Good Looking Corpse and Thunder Agents Chronicles vol. 1 have also apparently been given the chop.

The Johns TT Omni is having it's content retooled, I'm pretty sure it will be resolicited.

Thunder Agents Chronicles was going to collect all the lovely versions of the book over the years right? I was actually looking forward to that one.