Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_Vandal
Feb 7, 2004

You make me wanna cry
You make me wanna die
I love you, I love you, I love you,
I love you, I love you
Night Man

mwells_cubed posted:

Ahahaha, I laughed for like a solid minute at this. I've always thought that guy would be a spitting image with some neck bolts.

The music in the background of this commercial is what I would imagine to be playing on an endless loop in hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Oh my god State Farm is the best :dance:

Prof. Moriarty
Dec 6, 2003
Not the regular Professor Moriarty, the hologram Professor Moriarty where the holodeck malfunctioned and he created the whole fake hologram enterprise and fooled the Captain. Oh, and he tried to escape with his girlfriend once, but he was foiled.

It's Eggs from True Blood!

Lee Harvey Oswald posted:

She won't go away. :negative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mhrsCFAmYs

...I thought this one was cute :shobon:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

When it comes to those Ford truck commercials with the words that pop up on the screen as Dennis Leary talks, I think of two things.

1. We watch TV so we don't have to read.

2. Any idiot can make a commercial in the same style, but the only ones that I've seen that do it are local commercials.

This poo poo has gone on for a couple of years during football. Find a new style, and get a different spokesperson. Dennis Leary rubs me the wrong way- not so much because he probably ripped off Bill Hicks, but because he just seems obnoxious. And I think he's a Republican too.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Awesome.

I never cared that much for those "do the jingle" commercials, but the level they went to with this is awesome. I mean...the past year or year-and-a-half they've had these commercials on the air, they were also filming brief scenes of this break-dancing guy just so they could put it all together in a cool vignette/mash-up thingy.

Dedication.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

DrBouvenstein posted:

Awesome.

I never cared that much for those "do the jingle" commercials, but the level they went to with this is awesome. I mean...the past year or year-and-a-half they've had these commercials on the air, they were also filming brief scenes of this break-dancing guy just so they could put it all together in a cool vignette/mash-up thingy.

Dedication.

The funny thing about it is that it seems that in most of these the actors in the commercial had no clue it was going to happen.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
There's a lot to dislike about Denis Leary but he's absolutely not a republican.

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

muscles like this? posted:

The funny thing about it is that it seems that in most of these the actors in the commercial had no clue it was going to happen.

And it means the return of big forehead/big... other things girl. :dance:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Y-Hat posted:

When it comes to those Ford truck commercials with the words that pop up on the screen as Dennis Leary talks, I think of two things.

1. We watch TV so we don't have to read.

2. Any idiot can make a commercial in the same style, but the only ones that I've seen that do it are local commercials.

This poo poo has gone on for a couple of years during football. Find a new style, and get a different spokesperson. Dennis Leary rubs me the wrong way- not so much because he probably ripped off Bill Hicks, but because he just seems obnoxious. And I think he's a Republican too.

There was a time last year when it seemed like 90% of commercials on TV were doing that creatively bankrupt "the words being spoken are appearing on the screen with wacky accompanying pictures" thing, I'm glad it's limited to only lovely Ford(?) commercials with Denis Leary now. Although I'd still like him to be run over by a Ford truck.

Lee Harvey Oswald posted:

She won't go away. :negative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mhrsCFAmYs

That terrible commercial is actually from last year. The other ones may be as well, I'm not sure.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.
This is one of the dumbest ads out there right now

I swore it was fake at first, now I know it is legit. It is one of the stupidest loving things out there. How can a company think this was a good idea?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Doomsday Jesus posted:

I swore it was fake at first, now I know it is legit. It is one of the stupidest loving things out there. How can a company think this was a good idea?

It even has a flap in the back so you can poopy.

Of course you'd be the talk of the next tailgate, because everyone will be "why the gently caress are you wearing pajamas?"

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

twistedmentat posted:

It even has a flap in the back so you can poopy.

Of course you'd be the talk of the next tailgate, because everyone will be "why the gently caress are you wearing pajamas?"

These arent even pyjamas. Pyjamas have a separate top and bottom. This is just a onesie for adults.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

Doomsday Jesus posted:

But blankets are SO HARD!

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Tupping Liberty posted:

But blankets are SO HARD!

There has to be a better way!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

jojoinnit posted:

These arent even pyjamas. Pyjamas have a separate top and bottom. This is just a onesie for adults.

It's a speed suit!

That whole thing just sums up America for me.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Amorphous Blob posted:

There has to be a better way!

I demand to see what horrible disaster occurs in black and white world when someone attempts to cover themselves with a blanket.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

Sash! posted:

I demand to see what horrible disaster occurs in black and white world when someone attempts to cover themselves with a blanket.

They're in the video that was just linked!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

jojoinnit posted:

It's a weird version of a Union suit. Not a new concept at all.

Hobson
Oct 19, 2009

This is not the way I wish to be remembered.
"Cause I feel so AWESOME
How you feel AWESOME
I guess that's AWESOME
Wanna roll? AWESOME
Well let's go. AWESOME"
:suicide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwP9uXFLFGI

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

I love how confused Gary Cole looks.

E: The guy at :25 is making me laugh like an idiot every time too.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

The commercial has been around for over a year now, it's usually on late at night. My local walgreens just started stocking them, right next to the PajamaJeans.

Atasi posted:

but would pick up an injured cat on the side of the road.

You'd be surprised how few people actually would :(

E: ASPCA commercial came on right as I hit post.

penis sandwich
Aug 28, 2004

have some pudding :)
Those Best Buy "Game On" Santa ads are just terrible, especially because the moms in them are so loving smug.

Also, Santa's awesome. He brings gifts for free! :(

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SteveVizsla posted:

The commercial has been around for over a year now, it's usually on late at night. My local walgreens just started stocking them, right next to the PajamaJeans.

At least with the PajamaJeans commercial you get to look at womens nice behinds for the majority of it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Doomsday Jesus posted:

I find it fascinating that the same thing could be achieved with a hoodie and sweat pants, and you'd still look like just as big of a tool.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ8uSmsHdT4

Man I don't even know

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Did anyone catch that ICDC commercial with Lil Romeo in it? It's not bad, just kinda sad in a "Oh, so that's where he went..." sort of way. I have to turn away whenever he starts rapping because I feel so embarrassed for him.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life

penis sandwich posted:

Those Best Buy "Game On" Santa ads are just terrible, especially because the moms in them are so loving smug.

The one where the blonde lady slurps down her milk as loudly and annoyingly as possible might be the worst ad on TV.

I think that's the biggest issue I have with most ads right now, is when they make things sound loud and annoying on purpose. The new Guiness Black Lager commercial is in this category too. It doesn't make noise when I get goosebumps ad people.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

So after going for the old meme approach with Chuck Norris, Blizzard now has a nice looking girl talking about dumping her boyfriend for WoW. Is she famous too somehow?

I've seen it like 10 times tonight for some reason.

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

Combo posted:

So after going for the old meme approach with Chuck Norris, Blizzard now has a nice looking girl talking about dumping her boyfriend for WoW. Is she famous too somehow?

I've seen it like 10 times tonight for some reason.

Yeah, that's Aubrey Plaza from Parks and Rec. She's quite cute, but not in that commercial. I guess it fits her personality, but it just made her seem rather bitchy instead of really dry.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

penis sandwich posted:

Maybe it's because I'm just getting old and aren't "with it" anymore, but I was just discussing with a friend a few days ago how comedy today can either only be awkward situations (with a quick zoom up to the awkward person's face so everyone can point and laugh at the stupid idiot awkward baby moron), or people being condescending arrogant smug prick assholes to one another for no apparent reason other than to one-up the other person being a bigger condescending arrogant smug prick rear end in a top hat in order to be "funny." These commercials are taking the latter to a whole other level. Holy poo poo.

I honestly don't know why I'm so mad at these two commercials; I mean, they're just commercials that will be gone by the New Year, but holy poo poo those are just mean-spirited for a time when people should be in good spirits. Also, seconding Santa bringing stuff for free :(

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

You Are A Elf posted:

I honestly don't know why I'm so mad at these two commercials; I mean, they're just commercials that will be gone by the New Year, but holy poo poo those are just mean-spirited for a time when people should be in good spirits. Also, seconding Santa bringing stuff for free :(

It's a specific targeted demographic that you're not part of, the Peggy Hill demographic.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I noticed that Hyundai replaced Pamplemoose (aka Girl Justin Bieber) with some other wacky youtube-grown indie girl playing horrible music this year. At least this one is kind of pleasant to look at, I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpvS5VyrOVQ

Am I supposed to know who Jessica Frech is?

raditts fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Nov 29, 2011

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

raditts posted:

I noticed that Hyundai replaced Pamplemoose (aka Girl Justin Bieber) with some other wacky youtube-grown indie girl playing horrible music this year. At least this one is kind of pleasant to look at, I guess.

There's also a lovely white-rap group ad!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUQEkiahxlI&feature=relmfu

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

DrBouvenstein posted:

Ugh, this loving commercial just came on my TV.

The Collector
Aug 9, 2011

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Rats raining down in the night during the Stanley Cup finals.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Pillbug

DrBouvenstein posted:

haha one of them is a science teacher and all of his students are posting comments. :3:

edit: or maybe it's the dude who walks in front of them at the end? I have a hard time believing one of these guys is in charge of teaching children http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-8IPDR4Khc

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

"Crazy Train" Honda commercial has to go. Now. I don't want to see the Asian girl go "AYE Aye aye" ever again.

I mentioned Christmas ads that have run forever (Hershey's bells, Liz Taylor White Diamonds, etc.) in my last post. I was reminded today of another one which is on a more local level, is equally recycled, and is one of the creepiest commercials I can remember seeing.

It's an anti-drug PSA aired in Southeast Ohio sponsored by a behavioral health center. I doubt I'll be able to find it online, but the commercial starts with a still picture of a wreath and "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" playing in the background on a deep organ. As the narrator describes the horrors of drugs and addiction, the background image changes to a pile of pills, syringes, and other drug paraphernalia. The playback of the song slows until it grinds to a halt, synced up with the narrator's speech ending with the warning to "get help...before the music stops".

The commercial looks like it was made in the '80s and still gets the message across by being extremely creepy. In fact, it probably loops endlessly when you arrive in hell.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

CBJSprague24 posted:

I mentioned Christmas ads that have run forever (Hershey's bells, Liz Taylor White Diamonds, etc.) in my last post. I was reminded today of another one which is on a more local level, is equally recycled, and is one of the creepiest commercials I can remember seeing.

Speaking of local and old and christmas, this not a bad commercial. In fact I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3NhDtfZmd0

Its been running literally my entire life. It turns 30 next year. Local or national, that's gotta be pushing some sort of record for longest run of a commercial.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

raditts posted:

Pomplamoose is better. I know that's not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

CBJSprague24 posted:

"Crazy Train" Honda commercial has to go. Now. I don't want to see the Asian girl go "AYE Aye aye" ever again.

The thing that REALLY irritates me about that is that they're doing the intro of the drat song and then jump to somewhere in the middle. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
And every year when people report about new lovely holiday commercials, I am required to post this non-lovely holiday commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2vXgKCUZ3c . To this day I still say, "He can't have her, I love her!"